Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.04||$0.1||$0.26||$0.79||0.01 TIX||0.31 TIX|
|Have (42)||ThisIsBullshit , pskinn01 , Kratos216 , HavokX , jwe94 , trolley , rockleemyhero , rexxxif , thegigibeast , vishnarg , Raistlin911822 , brokendwarf , x754 , racerand , Doom_of_Valyria , jr92_2000 , Pinkiepiek9 , wheresthericego , ducttapedeckbox , MangoPunch , ZooGambler , nighthawk101 , clowe304433 , lordoftheshadows , leftkeh , balchj , CallMeCrazySam , nemesis101 , TheRedMage , silva_tempus , quesobueno123 , Vin-100 , Atromix97 , anonymausguy , BlueSlime , jcv13 , LioAME3 , HR19 , trever135 , ElginU1613 , TheHollowFox , hash-brown|
|Want (7)||ThisIsBullshit , , Magicrafter , TXMetal , phoerix , WUBRG... , thetruejaster|
2 hours ago
14 hours ago
There's a PPTQ in a couple weeks, and I wanna get some FNM testing beforehand.
NEED: (IN PRIORITY ORDER)
4x Wild Slash
1x Bile Blight FNM Promo
Also looking for around 20 ZEN full-art Mountains, preferably of the same art.
16 hours ago
Legion Loyalist could be dropped for another copy of Ash Zealot, Monastery Swiftspear, and Hell's Thunder. I don't see it being a large asset due to Trample being a keyword that's not useful on smaller Creatures.
Cosmic Larva is a great threat, but I don't see it being ideal. Test with it and let me know how it fits.
I don't understand why you had Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx in the deck, but I would either drop them for one Mountain or a Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle. Not mana rocks, and Valakut enters tapped, but they guarantee the R once they're active.
1 day ago
Those cards are all fine. But the land package is very dedicated to getting basic lands. If I ran a Steam Vents it would have to be over a land that can fetch a Mountain or an actual Mountain. That seems fine, of course, but I think the mana is already good and there's no reason to play a land that will shock us... when we barely want the actual dual land and pretty much only run Volcanic Island itself for hands where we're light on mana but have a lot of cantrips or whatever... there are some of those hands where we get the land that gives us both colors... but mostly we try not to bother.
Disrupting Shoal is very much NOT Force of Will - ignoring the fact that it's stone-cold miserable against X-spells... let's pretend I want to counter a 3-costed spell: I would either have to be able to spend 5 mana to do so, or I would... well, I probably just can't. I mean, I barely even have any blue spells that cost 3 mana... but pretending I did have something like my True-Name Nemesis, I'm just not that excited to exile it in order to counter some random spell. That's just not my gameplan at all.
Spell Snare is very good... but honestly, I'm barely running any counterspells and the very few I do have I want to be completely reliable and flexible (so much so that I'm not even using the actual card Counterspell in the deck because of the double-blue mana - which is more awkward than one would think if we're using our early fetches to get blue mana and using cantrips to later get around to the red... which means on turn 3 it's very possible we're doing something like casting a cantrip to dig a little deeper in our deck and then since one of our other 2 lands will be Mountain, we won't have the double-blue for Counterspell but we will have the mana for something like Mana Leak.
I think Mental Misstep seems really good in the deck... I think it seldom plays out that way. Short of the very rare hand where you actually have your one-of Mental Misstep backing up your one-of Delver of Secrets Flip, I just think games rarely actually play out where the card does anything very good. Honestly, I tend to be happy if they're hitting my Nin, the Pain Artist. So that means the only thing I REALLY want the Mental Misstep for is the rare time that something like a Junk deck has Swords to Plowshares against my Magus of the Moon... but even then it's very likely that they didn't even have Swords to Plowshares in their hand and instead had something like Abrupt Decay or Smother or Vindicate or whatever else.
Still, at least Mental Misstep can also counter random mana dorks... and that's fine. There's a non-zero chance Mental Misstep should be in the deck. I just think the card is often subpar when it's in your opening hand and it's almost always completely miserable to draw later. Having said all that, I DO think Mental Misstep has to at least be in the sideboard for when cards like Thoughtseize or Duress or Inquisition of Kozilek are coming in... and since that's the case, it's very possible Mental Misstep then just becomes maindecked to basically free up that sideboard slot.
1 day ago
A few things I would change about this deck:
1) Ten lands could be a land too few. Even if it is, I wouldn't run four Mountains, since most of your deck is blue. Maybe one is enough.
2) You run a lot of do-nothing cantrips. Cards like Reach Through Mists, Twisted Image, and Aphotic Wisps (which I put here because it does nothing outside of the combo) can be replaced with better carddraw spells like Faithless Looting and Manamorphose (which helps soo much when you are looking for the combo) to make this deck more consistant.
3) Simian Spirit Guide is a waste of a slot if you don't have the godhand. Don't run it.
Ask me if you need any other help!
1 day ago
2 days ago
Here's the mana base I would run with this deck:
Two resources I have found very useful when figuring out Standard mana bases are Frank Karsten's articles How Many Colored Mana Sources Do You Need to Consistently Cast Your Spells? and Building Three-Color Manabases in Standard. Due to mana considerations I would replace the Dragon Whisperers with Draconic Roars.
3 days ago
More like $112.73 if you want to run all basics and no Promos or Full-Arts. Still a good budget deck with a high win%. Also, I'd honestly rather buy more full-art Unhinged Mountains than a playset of Atarka's Command. I really haven't found a reason to stop running this version of the deck yet.
So I guess the current deck's high performance is stopping me from switching to green splash more so than the price of Atarka's Command.
|Avg. cube pick||13.16|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Quest Magic RPG||Legal|
- Kuldotha Rebirth + Memnite + Mountain
- Memnite + Mountain
- Mountain + Kiln Fiend
- Mountain + Assault Strobe + Lightning Bolt
- Invigorate + Mountain + Rancor
- Mountain + Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded
- Mountain + Mountain + Shimatsu the Bloodcloaked
- Goblin Guide + Mountain
- Mountain + Warren Instigator
- Warren Instigator + Mountain
- Mountain + Treasure Hunt
- Mountain + Young Pyromancer
- Burning-Tree Emissary + Madcap Skills + Mountain
- Madcap Skills + Mountain + Thunderous Might
- Burning-Tree Emissary + Mountain
- Lightning Bolt + Mountain
- Akroan Crusader + Mountain
- Mountain + Titan's Strength
- Mountain + Mountain + Sylvan Caryatid
- Island + Mountain
- Mountain + Plains
- Elvish Mystic + Savage Knuckleblade + Mountain
- Ashling the Pilgrim + Mountain
- Mountain + Swamp
- Goblin Digging Team + Mountain
- Monastery Swiftspear + Mountain
- Burning-Tree Emissary + Mountain + Vexing Devil
- Borborygmos Enraged + Mountain
- Generator Servant + Mountain
- Mountain + Scuttling Doom Engine
- Deathbellow Raider + Mountain
- Mountain + Ornithopter + Springleaf Drum
- Mountain + Rift Bolt
- Mountain + Lightning Bolt
- Mountain + Lava Spike
- Searing Blaze + Mountain
- Legion Loyalist + Mountain
- Chained to the Rocks + Mountain
- Mountain + Monastery Swiftspear
- Ensoul Artifact + Mountain + Darksteel Citadel
- Goblin Rabblemaster + Mountain
- Generator Servant + Lightning Strike + Mountain
- Mountain + Plains + Swamp
- Elvish Mystic + Generator Servant + Mountain
- Monastery Swiftspear + Mountain + Thought Scour
- Lightning Bolt + Lightning Bolt + Mountain
- Evolving Wilds + Mountain
- Mountain + Titan Forge
- Dismantle + Mountain + Surge Node
- Battlefield Forge + Mountain + Plains
- Humble Defector + Mountain
- Humble Defector + Mountain + Searing Blood
- Mountain + Rootbound Crag
- Mountain + Savage Knuckleblade
- Atarka's Command + Mountain + Mountain
- Atarka's Command + Mountain
- Fanatic of Xenagos + Mountain
- Mountain + Shaman of the Great Hunt
- Lightning Bolt + Monastery Swiftspear + Mountain
- Forced Adaptation + Mountain + Rattleclaw Mystic