|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
Basic Land — Mountain
(: Add to your mana pool.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||, rkarhade97 , NOGzFTW , pskinn01 , Mousemke , rockleemyhero , acbooster , LegendDeer , Dawnsly , DudeMan1031 , DevoidMage , golgarigirl , MoJoMiXuP , the.beanpole , Brandbrower21 , Kravian , LTmiller|
|Want (5)||Turtlelover73 , Mousemke , HardShift37 , Tyqar , Galdelonian|
8 hours ago
I've kind of scrounged together a decklist out of what I could from Kaladesh/Aether Revolt to put together a Mono Red/Artifact flavored aggro deck. If anyone could give me some ideas of where I could go with it to make it a bit more competitive, that'd be much appreciated.
22 hours ago
Thanks for all the feedback. These are really good suggestions and I'm incorporating them into the deck...
- I'll add in all the lands you suggest. I'm taking out mountains, and I am also taking out mountains for dual producing lands to mitigate the hit on my green mana. This makes some of my ramp spells less usefull.
- Earthcraft is insane and is going straight into the deck. I don't want to go infinite in this deck, so I'll pass on the Squirrel Nest (at least for now).
- I have a preference towards not playing Craterhoof Behemoth, but it is a great addition to the deck.
- I'll have to think about Eldrazi Monument. It would have to push out one of my other anthems, and I'm not sure I want to do that.
- Awakening Zone and From Beyond fits the deck very nicely. I'll replace Skyshroud Claim and Chancellor of the Forge for those. Better curve, better ramp, and more creatures.
- Ivy Lane Denizen is a pretty nice combo with Ulasht, but is also quite usefull with the doublers and the theme. He'll get a spot.
- I should probably just build an Marath, Will of the Wild deck, just to compare before I purchase ;)
- Mountain --> Fire-Lit Thicket. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Command Tower. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Mossfire Valley. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Skarrg, the Rage Pits. More trample for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Khalni Garden. Extra token
- Mountain --> Dryad Arbor. Counts as a creature for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Opal Palace. Makes Ulasht stronger later on
- Hornet Nest --> Earthcraft. Mana tricks for the win
- Chancellor of the Forge --> Ivy Lane Denizen
- Skyshroud Claim --> From Beyond. More allround for my needs (tokens and mana)
- Verdant Force --> Awakening Zone. More allorund for this deck (tokens and mana)
Cheers, and thanks again :)
kotten on Mardu Burn
1 day ago
2 days ago
Let me start by saying that I think you have a great theme and you've done a great job of sticking to your theme elements.After going over your list, here's the recommendations that I think might help you.
Cards to take out (to get down to 100):
Golem Foundry is just a weak card. It is kinda nice getting a golem token for casting 3 artifacts, but I've never been happy playing that card. It always ends up feeling like a waste of board space.
Metalwork Colossus is really nice, but with all of the vehicles and other creatures, it seems kinda mana intensive and you're not really working on a sacrificing artifact theme.
Blinkmoth Urn is symetrical, meaning it helps you opponents as much as it helps you. Yes, you may have more artifacts than them, but do you really want to give your opponents free mana? And they get that free mana before you do.
Darksteel Juggernaut is a great card in a draft, or in another deck where you're primarily focused on attacking each turn. But the requirement of attacking each turn makes this card feel like it doesn't fit.
Sram's Expertise is cute, and I understand why it is in the deck but a few 1/1 tokens seems kinda weak for this deck.
Chief of the Foundry helps out the vehicles, but not the dwarves.
Those initial cuts gets you down to the 100 cards for Commander. Now to make the deck a bit stonger.
These changes might help make your deck more resilient againt various opponents. Obviously, you'll need to temper these recommendations with your collection, budget, and local metagame.
I'll start with lands. Nine (9) out, Nine (9) in.
Spinerock Knoll, Better in a combo deck.
Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep, Not enough legends
Wind-Scarred Crag, Boros Guildgate, and Stone Quarry come into play tapped. You have too many lands that come into play tapped and it slows you down.
Drifting Meadow, Forgotten Cave, Secluded Steppe, Smoldering Crater, the cycle lands are nice in a deck with lots of graveyard recursion or when you're focused on cycling cards. But you're deck isn't set up for those things and these are just more lands that enter the battlefield tapped and slow you down.
Kabira Crossroads for it. The 2 life usually isn't enough in Commander games to make a big different.
Sejiri Steppe is something to consider. And the Boros Garrison makes it better.
Move the Rugged Prairie and Sacred Foundry to the mainboard from your maybe board.
Don't ignore the plain old basic lands. Even if you just use a couple of each. You never know when an opponet will play a "Every seach for a basic land" card and you're left out of the party.
I would also consider Holdout Settlement and Springleaf Drum to help take advantage of Depala, Pilot Exemplar's ability to load your hand with creatures and vehicles. Remember that you can tap a creature with summoning sickness to activate the Settlement or the Drum since you aren't activating the creature's ability.
Lightning Greaves is a tough card to consider. Yes, it is a great card. But does it really help that much? You aren't themed around equipment. I would drop in in favor of something that helps more often.
One-shot effects like Built to Last and Built to Smash are not really good in a multiplayer game.
I hope these suggestions help give you some ideas. Let me know what you think. Feel free to look over my decks and let me know what you think of the suggestions.
3 days ago
Minor Change: I improved the manabase of another deck I own and as a result I have a spare Terramorphic Expanse and a Temple of Malice which are both replacing a Mountain in this deck. Terramorphic is there just because sometimes I need a shuffle effect when the bottom of my library is stacked unfavorably and the Temple is just gravy with the scry mechanic that works nicely with Grenzo.
4 days ago
I've received a deck from a friend of mine who doesn't play anymore. I feel like this could be something I really want to play (Just for fun/casual play), but I also feel like there's a lot of room for fine-tuning. Would anyone mind giving some input on this deck list?
4 days ago
Looks excellent. A suggestion for the landbase, though, that'll keep the budget in check but balance things better:
5 days ago
No, land types are noted on the card in the type area. Mountain for instance, says that it's type is "Basic Land - Mountain" which indicates that it has the land type Mountain. Steam Vents has both the Island and Mountain types, for example. If Maze of Ith had a "Maze" type, it would read "Land - Maze" in the type box.
It's very similar to creature types. Llanowar Elves for instance, has the Elf and Druid creature types.