|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
Basic Land — Mountain
(: Add to your mana pool.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
37 minutes ago
I've playtested your deck against a couple of mine, which I think are generally fairly close on the casual-hardcode scale. Here are my random thoughts and suggestions.
- Sapseep Forest - Entering tapped isn't worth the upside.
- Mogg Hollows - Only getting coloured mana every other turn seems bad.
- 1x Forest, 1x Mountain to make place for...
- Karplusan Forest and Mossfire Valley - Two untapped mana-fixing lands.
- Mosswort Bridge and Spinerock Knoll - Both of these have requirements that should be easy to meet in your deck. They're really bad with X spells, but you have a lot of other useful targets.
- Clip Wings for Silklash Spider, a lot slower and more expensive, but reusable.
- Gruul Keyrune for Gruul Signet A 3/2 trample is really small in EDH, so I'd go for the lower mana cost if I were you.
- Lightning Bolt for Ulvenwald Tracker Basically Doom Blade on a stick with the huge guys you will be keeping around. Also fun with Thornbite Staff, which is also incredible ramp with Rosheen if you can arrange some other way to have creatures die. Volcanic Fallout would be an example.
More general suggestions:
- Might of Old Krosa One-off buffs aren't that great when you have three opponents you need to get down from 40 life. It's certainly not reliable as removal, either.
- Increasing Savagery Your many X-creatures turn mana into power and toughness. No need to have a separate card that does the same.
- Solidarity of Heroes Very powerful at the right time, but it's a one-off effect that requires some setup.
- Feral Incarnation - Three 3/3 beasts isn't worth the mana, and you don't have enough token generation to make it "free".
- Skarrg Guildmage - There are better trample-givers, like Nylea, God of the Hunt.
- Genesis In this type of deck with low-count high-value creatures I'd try to sneak this in, but it depends on how graveyard-hatey your meta is.
- Asceticism Again, high-value creatures that respond poorly to single-target removal. Keep your hydras safe!
- Death's Presence Even if your hydras die you get to keep most of their value.
- In the Web of War, Fires of Yavimaya or Xenagos, God of Revels - Haste on large creatures is huge, you can swing and kill someone without them getting the time to set up defence.
- Gyre Sage - Makes each hydra larger than the previous one, which makes him larger, which makes the next hydra larger... :o
- Elemental Bond - Card draw when you play creatures keeps the creatures coming.
- Soul of the Harvest - As above.
- Aggravated Assault - The plan is to make lots of mana and huge creatures. Letting them work double shifts the next turn might secure a kill (or two).
Slightly out of budget suggestions:
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - She seems perfect for the deck. Huge creatures, huge mana, extra cards.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - In decks with two colours or less, this makes a lot of mana.
To make room for this I'd personally cut all the treefolk. They're better in mono-green.
It depends on your meta, but I'd also cut all planeswalkers except maybe Xenagos. They just tend to die so quickly in EDH. Xenagos generally at least pays for himself, though.
You could also consider multi-mana dorks, like Bloom Tender, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Nantuko Elder, Priest of Titania, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Somberwald Sage, Whisperer of the Wilds, Wirewood Channeler, Karametra's Acolyte and dubiously Frontier Siege.
I hope you can take at least something from this.
5 hours ago
I think this deck could probably use some amount of Mountains. Since this is a Zada deck, I assume that you want to have Zada in play at some point. Probably the easiest way of doing this is to "cast" her. So to "cast" a creature, you have to pay its "mana cost", which is that thing in the top right corner. Zada's mana cost is 3R, meaning she costs 4 mana to play, one of which has to be red. The easiest way to get red mana is by using the ability of Mountain, which adds R to your mana pool if you turn it sideways. I'd recommend running at least 1 Mountain, and maybe an Evolving Wilds to help you find it.
8 hours ago
Hey PanicButton, I felt the same way about Expedite originally. However, I saw opportunity for it to shine! After of a grind(ish) game of +25min, I had more cards in grave than deck. I was coming down to the wire at 9 health, with opponent at 6. In my hand I had Renegade Tactics and Expedite. I drew Thing in the Ice Flip and cast. My opponent tapped out for his now 8/11 FLYING Felidar Guardian. I then cast tactics, drew another, cast it, drew Slip Through Space cast, then drew a Mountain which I played. He said I was so close to run out of steam at that point, but with the cast of Expedite, Mr. Thing became THAT Thing, bounced his stuff, and swung to win.
EDIT: Also, I can Expedite one of their creatures EOT if I have more than 1 in hand to draw.
1 day ago
Go down to 20 lands. Delver needs to draw gas all the time, so too many lands is a no-no. take out 2x Creeping Tar Pit, 1 Island, 1 Mountain, 1 Swamp for 1 Steam Vents, 1 Watery Grave and 2 Spirebluff Canal/Darkslick Shores.
Anyway, just some suggestions, here is my delver list for reference:
SCORE: 2 | 8 COMMENTS | 246 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
2 days ago
So I loved this idea and I tweaked it into a pretty slick aggro deck.
Myself I'm running
Just played it tonight at FMN and I got in the top 4. (we didn't finish because it was getting late and most of the guys were going to Columbus for the tournament on Saturday so we spit)
Don't be discouraged over the low amount of land. You don't need a hole lot to play these low drop guys. I honestly believe this deck has a lot of potential. I played 3 control decks and 1 burn deck and I only had issues with a couple games but it was my fault and I should of Mulliganed other than that most of my matches were 2-0. Some went to game 3 but managed to pull ahead. Toll collector is a bomb in the later game when control is running out of gas.
4 days ago
Here's my suggestions
-1 Evolving Wilds
-1 Terramorphic Expanse
+1 Arid Mesa
+1 Marsh Flats
+1 Scalding Tarn
+1 Sacred Foundry
+1 Mox Opal
+1 Temple of Enlightenment
-1 Sydri, Galvanic Genius
+1 Darksteel Forge
Sydri isn't so good in your more creature-based strategy. Conversely Darksteel Forge is a beast of a card, regardless of your preference for creature or noncreature artifacts.
-1 Master of Etherium
+1 Master Transmuter
I like Master Transmuter. It does gross things with all the high cost artifacts you've got running amok. Master of Etherium is mostly just a big body that hits things. Sure it functions as a lord for your dudes but if that's what you wanted there are a multitude of other cards that better fulfill that role. Seeing as how MoE is really your only dedicated lord, I think it's fine to replace it with the explosiveness of Master Transmuter.
Who needs Attrition when you have a commander that kills things as well? There certainly exists an argument that this is the wrong swap, along with all the other cards I've suggested, but I think you can get by without and Intuition is just really strong for your deck. You don't even really care what artifact they pick since your graveyard is just another resource to you.
5 days ago
so i'll try and go card by card.
Goblin Gaveleer is bad if you only have 1 equipment. so you should either put more equipment in or take him out. since goblins are good because they are cheap and replaceable, you probably don't want to spend more a lot of mana on trying to pump them up with lots of equipment.
Mudbutton Torchrunner: a 1/1 for 3 that casts Lightning Bolt when it dies. Lightning Bolt is a 1 drop. so if you subtract that from this card, you are essentially paying 2 mana for a vanilla 1/1. which is very bad value. you'll want to switch this out sooner rather than later.
Siege-Gang Commander: this is actually a really good card. but it's a 5 drop. however if you removed it, your entire curve drops. goblins specialize in being cheap and fast. the cheaper your cards, the less land you need to play. the less lands you play, the more goblins you can play.
Voracious Dragon: this seems like a great card, but its actually a trap. it's like the commander. it's a decent high drop but you don't really want a high drop. this card wants you to flood the board with goblins, but if youre doing that cards like Trumpet Blast will do better because it will end up doing the same effect (two extra damage per goblin), for less mana.
Claws of Valakut: pumps up just their attack but provides no way of actually getting the damage through. a simple 1/1 will block whatever this is attached to. also Doom Blade targeting your creature is a 2 for 1.
Bonesplitter: is a better version of claws because its still there after the equiped creature dies but it's still not that great.
Mountain: good card.
6 days ago
I used to play magic back in high school, but quit shortly after, and haven't played in 14 years, until this weekend.
I went to the midnight pre-release, made a R/G deck, but didn't do that good, 16 out of 28. The Sunday pre-release I made a B/R deck, and took 2nd out of 8th (barely had enough players to hold the tournament).
Some of the guys I was playing with invited me to the Tuesday night standard games they play there, so I need to flesh out my deck.
Here's what I made for my second tournament:
1 Spire of Industry
1 Aether Poisoner
2 Alley Strangler
1 Consulate Skygate
1 Consulate Turret
1 Daring Demolition
1 Embraal Bruiser
1 Foundry Hornet
1 Frontline Rebel
1 Gonti's Machinations
1 Irontread Crusher
1 Lathnu Sailback
1 Night Market Lookout
1 Perilous Predicament
1 Prophetic Prism
1 Quicksmith Rebel
1 Salivating Gremlins
1 Spontaneous Artist
1 Thriving Rats
1 Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Here is my entire inventory of magic cards:
Using just the cards I already have, what cards would you recommend adding, or swapping out, to make this a 60 card casually competitive deck?
I do plan on increasing my collection, but I have a very limited disposable income at this time, so can't go out and buy expensive cards, so I'm probably going to stick to picking up a few booster packs each payday.