|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
Basic Land — Mountain
(: Add to your mana pool.)
Price & Acquistion
|Have (40)||rkarhade97 , NOGzFTW , NorthernCrow , xXThormentXx , Fiolek , knto , plof , Friedrice24 , Unjust_DiabIo , frederiklw , Atroxreaper , TThors , angesoir , miracle , Mousemke , Oskani , acbooster , TrackerD , Lucretian , Dawnsly , Va1mar , Azdranax , CastleSiege , DudeMan1031 , MoJoMiXuP , FireRogue , Candyman949 , TheBl0b , Kravian , LTmiller , TheRealPeaches , mcstang1986 , pskinn01 , Totally_A_Spy , ZombieSam , Yawkcorb , SirCorey , jhTheMan99 , PhotogenicParasympathetic , Myllyes314|
|Want (10)||Turtlelover73 , kelloiz , theelk801 , Noles55 , MisterRoach , Galdelonian , Bulldawg1310 , Gabeph , PhotogenicParasympathetic , rockleemyhero|
9 hours ago
Perhaps this will show more what I meant about running multiples and consistency of a deck:
- 3x Leyline of Sanctity
- 4x Lightning Helix
- 4x Lightning Bolt
- 3x Anger of the Gods
- 4x Day of Judgment
- 4x Wrath of God
- 2x Approach of the Second Sun
- 3x Ghostly Prison
- 3x Nevermore (naming Krenko on the first one)
- 3x Demystify
- 3x Norn's Annex
- 2x Oketra's Last Mercy
- 11x Plains
- 11x mountains
Burn his creatures, destroy his enchantments, make yourself hexproof, gain life by burning creatures, reset your life total, wipe his board with wraths, and eventually win when you cast Approach of the Second Sun for the second time.
Not exactly a "classic" control shell, but vs. Goblins it'd do the job more often than not I reckon, and the numbers of each spell mean you have good odds of having whatever you need at any given time.
1 day ago
I would cut the Foul Orchard for Canyon Slough and then replace 1 basic for 1 mountain. I would take out Arguel's Blood Fast Flip and Mastermind's Acquisition, then add in Ravenous Chupacabra (an excellent reanimation target). I don't really see the point of Greenhulk (I prefer either of your other two color hulk's over it in this build actually) and with that gone Walking Ballista gets worse and already is an atrocious reanimation target. Then make 4ofs for the Phoenix and the Glorybringer.
That ended up being more than I had originally thought so I'll write it like this:
I don't know, something like that.
1 day ago
Update: Edits to Mainboard, Sideboard, Maybeboard
(Updated in the comments section, as the updates section is currently bugged 22/01/2018)
After struggling a little with lands, frequently lacking double-blacks for Attrition, etc. Was also spoiled by playing a Temur land-search deck that I was given for Christmas, so I've added more basic lands.
Moved to Sideboard:
1x Karmic Justice (okay protection against enchantment removal, which I don't usually worry about anyway. I misread the card initially, thinking it was all permanents LOL)
Moved to Maybeboard:
- 1x Worldslayer
Removed from Sideboard and Maybeboard:
2 days ago
also, just for lulz... (this is kind of a risky tactic)
2 days ago
If you have any suggestions on removing or adding in cards let me know. I know One guy in the group has a Krenko deck. Another has a 5 Colored. Thats all I know for right now. thank you
Would like to keep it at a 80 Red/White Angel/Dino Deck
1x Cast Out
1x Absolute Law
1x Devil's Play
1x Angel's Tomb
1x Sol Ring
1x Mob Rule
3 days ago
You're basically playing U/R Delver. Cut your creatures down to:
Then, switch a few of your spells around:
You also won't need so many lands. The ones you have are also kind of a problem because a lot of them always come into play tapped. Modern tends to have fewer turns than other formats, so you having lands that can never enter play untapped will lose you a lot of games. Any lands that do enter the battlefield tapped need to do something really good to warrant this. Therefore, I'd change:
-4x Swiftwater Cliffs
-4x Izzet Boilerworks
-0-1x Halimar Depths
+4x Wandering Fumarole OR Sulfur Falls OR Steam Vents OR Shivan Reef OR Spirebluff Canal
+1x Desolate Lighthouse
+1-2x Island (depending on if you cut Halimar Depths)
You have more blue cards than red in your deck, so you'll want to play more blue lands than red ones if you can't get a hold on any dual lands.
You may find Turn / Burn to be a bit heavy on the mana requirement. Consider replacing these with low-cost counter cards, such as Dispel, Negate, Spell Snare, Spell Pierce, Squelch, Chart a Course, or Remand. If you do cut Turn / Burn for one of these other cards, remember to cut another Mountain or two and replace them with Islands. Otherwise, you'll have too many games where you can't cast anything despite having 90,2183,989 bajillionzillion lands in play.
Lastly, you'll need a sideboard. These are the cards that are useful for your deck, but only against specific kinds of threats. You're allowed to swap cards in and out of your deck between games after the first in a match (tournaments are best 2-out-of-3).
An example sideboard would look like:
2x Mizzium Meddler (for Boggles)
1x Counterflux (stops control and midrange)
1x AEtherize (you'll want these against aggro decks and tokens)
These four just get moved to your sideboard from your main since you only want them in specific situations2x Abrade (vs. Affinity)
3x Ceremonious Rejection (vs. Tron, Affinity, and Eldrazi)
1x Dispel (vs. Burn and control decks)
1x Magma Spray (stops Kitchen Finks and Dredge)
3x Tormod's Crypt/Relic of Progenitus/Grafdigger's Cage (you bring these in against any graveyard bullshit shenanigans)
2x Spell Pierce
(These last three are for beating Control, Combo, and Midrange decks, along with Burn)
From here, you should have a decent deck to take to your local shop to play with, but there's still some things you'll need:
- Serum Visions is beast mode in Delver because it's one of the most consistent ways to flip Delver of Secrets Flip in Modern. They're a 4-of, but fluctuate between $2 and $8, depending on the market. They're pretty cheap right now due to being reprinted in Eternal Masters, but they've definitely been higher. You should be playing these over Peek and if they're within your budget right now, go get them.
- Snapcaster Mage is a card that cranks up the power level of your deck. End of your opponent's turn Lightning Bolt -> Snapcaster Mage -> Lightning Bolt -> untap -> attack has ended a lot of games in Modern.
- Scalding Tarn + Steam Vents will fix almost all of your mana problems. You can play off-color fetchlands as long as they're blue and you have Steam Vents (such as Flooded Strand). Not only can you save on your life total by fetching up basic lands, this also opens up the option for a 3rd. color or maindeck Blood Moons. Fetch lands also act as fuel for Grim Lavamancers and Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip.
- Speaking of which, Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip functions as the 5th. through 8th. copies of Snapcaster Mage. He can also be somewhat of a "budget" option, although he works best when you're playing both cards.
- Sword of Fire and Ice and the other swords in the cycle can go a long way. An Insectile Aberration is nothing to fuck around with. An Insectile Aberration with +2/+2 and protection from 2 different colors will end the game.
- You'll also want Remands (likely 2 or more) at some point, but it's not high on the priority of cards to get. They act like Time Walks when your opponent taps out to play something and misses a land drop. This buys you time to lay down the beats with your small critters.
- Ancestral Vision is also a solid pick. You're looking to stall the game out long enough to kill your opponent with 3/2s and 1/1s, why not refill your hand halfway through the game?
Hope this helps! I'm sure I'm missing something that experienced Delver players can recommend.
4 days ago
Thanks BabyK and GeeksterElesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is nice but at a 7 cost, I could be dead before playing that card.
Magus of the Moat is nice, I like that one
Leyline of Sanctity definitely good for burn spells.
I have a Red(Dino) and White (Angel Deck)70 Cards right now its hard to decide what to toss and what to keepNot sure whether to do 60, 70 or 80 card deck
this is my list so far
1x Cast Out
1x Absolute Law
1x Devil's Play
1x Angel's Tomb
5 days ago
I've been toying around with a Dragon Control list myself. What I've been thinking of is:
4x Anger of the Gods
3x Blood Moon
4x Lightning Bolt
2x Planeswalkers (likely Chandra, Flamecaller and/or Garruk Wildspeaker)
4x Search for Tomorrow
4x Utopia Sprawl
Other Spells (25)
The idea is to just sit on removal, toss out ramp spells, then curve into large dragon after large dragon. If you add blue in your list, I'd prioritize Serum Visions, Sarkhan Unbroken, and Silumgar's Scorn. Courser of Kruphix is also a good option, and you have those in your list.
If you're not going to use Anger of the Gods and Pyroclasm maindeck, I'd strongly recommend Birds of Paradise over the other mana dorks in your list. Even then, I'd play Search for Tomorrow alongside it. That way, you set yourself up for consistent turn 3 dragons into more dragons on turn 4.