|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||rkarhade97 , NOGzFTW , pskinn01 , maR2307 , , NorthernCrow , AtomicEmpire , Mousemke , rockleemyhero , acbooster , LegendDeer , Dawnsly , DudeMan1031 , NostalgicAce , MoJoMiXuP , golgarigirl , the.beanpole , Brandbrower21 , marsthesoos , Kravian , LTmiller|
|Want (4)||Turtlelover73 , Mousemke , Tyqar , Galdelonian|
3 hours ago
@ Kragmork This deck looks super dope! I love mono red decks like these and after playtesting yours for a while, it seemed really fun and powerful! However, I do have a few (budget) suggestions to make. First of all, I would add a sideboard. This is really important to have in modern and it doesn't take long to make. I'm not gonna elaborate further, but if you don't know what I mean, just Google "mono red sideboard modern" and a lot of detailed information will show up! In regards to your mainboard, I think you should should probably cut at least a Stone Rain and a Goblin Dark-Dwellers. Stone Rain is just outclassed by Molten Rain and I feel like Goblin Dark-Dwellers are just too expensive to justify running a full playset. In their place, I would add a fourth Dragon Whisperer (such a great card) and another Mountain to help improve the consistency of your deck! I would also consider running 1-2 Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker in your mainboard as another finisher and ferocious enabler, although I don't know what you would cut for him. While expensive, a playset of Lava Spike would be something to consider as it provides you with more burn and a way to kill those opponents who have just stabilized at low life. Anyways, this is a solid deck and you are off to a great start in modern! Good luck!
1 day ago
Im sorry my favorite part of this deck is the fact that tappedout still lists GURU Mountain at 35 cents, that gives me so much false hope. Solid list by the way its nice to see something other than Naya burn for once.
1 day ago
Naturalize hits very few things game 1, so put it in the sideboard
Cinder Glade have no reason to not be in the deck
Beastmaster Ascension is just win more, once it is online you have probabel already won or lost.
Blood Moon as a one-of fells weird go 3,4 or 0
1 day ago
I quite literally built a standard version of my old modern deck just now. Izzet Machinegun Artificers. I think It should do pretty well. Wish I had the Spirebluff Canal and Aetherworks Marvel. Those two are the only reason the deck is so pricey... And from me and my friends experiences, mono-red always has the curse of to much or to little land. Only one our pure red decks actually worked and it had 14 Mountain and 4 Evolving Wilds as it's land base.
2 days ago
I've done a swap of the number of Glorybringer and Verdurous Gearhulk. 4x Glorybringer gives me better odds to draw it and get it into play turn four or five. I've also increased the number of Mountain to 3x cutting 1x Forest to make room. Glorybringer is double red so having another red source that doesn't come into play tapped really helps.
The difference between the Dragon and Gearhulk is the Dragon's haste. Creature removal is good right now and I get more value faster out of the Dragon than Gearhulk. I've also found the Dragon to be much better than Gearhulk in both Mardu Vehicles and Zombie matchups, especially Mardu as a great way to deal with Gideon, Ally of Zendikar. Gearhulk is also an artifact, the Dragon isn't, which is relevant.
I was sideboarding a third Glorybringer, but I don't need to do that anymore, I cut it for a third Manglehorn. I like Manglehorn in both Marvel and Mardu Vehicles matchups, especially Mardu because it can kill Heart of Kiran and slow down Scrapheap Scrounger.
Small Summary, Sideboard Cards for Matchups (Look for a more in depth guide in the Sideboard Card Choices section soon):
- Marvel: 4x Negate, 2x Manglehorn and 2x Tireless Tracker. Negate is the best card in the matchup because it can counter Marvel as well as both Chandras. I need all four Negates because I want to at least have one turn four. Tracker comes in as a way to get some card advantage if I can disrupt Marvel. This deck has no way to stop Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger.
- Zombies: 3x Radiant Flames, 1x Magma Spray. Flames and Spray are the best cards in the matchup. Spray because it can exile either Dread Wanderer, Relentless Dead or Scrapheap Scrounger. A heavy removal suite of 4x Spray, 4x Harnessed Lightning and 3x Flames is very potent and needed. Harnessed is important because it can kill Lord of the Accursed and/or large Diregraf Colossus, double Lord can make Zombies more than 3 power which gets around Flames. Sometimes I need to kill a Lord before I can sweep the board. Metallic Mimic is also a problem in this matchup it's best to kill it because it can make Zombies more than 3 power.
- Mardu Vehicles: 3x Manglehorn and 1x Magma Spray. This matchup is all about killing or delaying Heart of Kiran. Spray can exile Scrapheap Scrounger as well as kill a turn one Toolcraft Exemplar. Glorybringer although not a sideboard card is one of the best cards for the matchup because it can help me to stabilize being a terrific counter play to Gideon, Ally of Zendikar.
- Izzet Control: 4x Negate, 3x Tireless Tracker and 1x Manglehorn. Negate is to stop Glimmer of Genius, Sweltering Suns and protect Tracker. Glimmer is the card that puts Control very far ahead. Suns is the Control players sweeper of choice and it can wreck me if it resolves. Tracker is the card I want to see in this matchup because if I can protect it, it can out card advantage Control. Censor is something I have to look out for always be aware of needing an extra mana for my spells.
- Golgari Energy: 3x Tireless Tracker and 1x Rhonas the Indomitable some versions are playing Heart of Kiran if so 3x Manglehorn also. Fatal Push is the removal spell of choice from my opponent making 3 drops much better than 2 drops in this matchup. Tracker comes in as a way to gain card advantage and Rhonas can be a both an attacker and blocker, mostly a great blocker. Storing energy for Harnessed Lightning is very important because my opponent's creatures can get big.
4 days ago
@Revedeka: See my previous post about my Gameday using the deck if it helps you out. I did make a few changes for myself. I was having trouble hitting land drops in testing (especially double black in time for a turn 4-5 Herald of Anguish). Workshop Assistant was constantly useless so he was removed. Also I went down 1 Ravenous Intruder for a main deck Fling. I don't think that last one was a good decision so here's where I'm at post-gameday:
Lands - 22 total
6 days ago
Have a look at this deck I made.
I think you could basically tweak it by removing some of the "Standard" cards for some better "Modern" ones, and you'd end up with a version that you'd enjoy.
6 days ago
i think t1 Mountains are moreimportant here. cut some tapped lands for basics so you can actually do something turn 1. besides that i like the concept alot