|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition III (ME3)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Uncommon|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|The Dark (DRK)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Gain one mana of any colour that a land an opponent controls could produce.
|Have (2)||metalmagic , Qolorful|
|Want (19)||Coconut42 , Mako , greenegeek , flabtastic41 , Vile. , energyforest , ninehigh , paragon22 , rattlesnek , Dirty_Phluff , ausername , Wulff , Noillucs , phoenixfreeze , Pnyapa , SirDrewski , SakuraStorm , DireRabbit , MVerheuvel|
Fellwar Stone Discussion
5 days ago
A few others but depends on you, and your meta! :)
- Thought Vessel , when your commander it's out, do you need an infinite hand?...
- Elixir of Immortality , good against graveyard hate, but do you really feel like your meta had that?, even if they do, will you use only 1 card to ger arround that?
- Executioner's Capsule yeah you can put it into the battlefield again... but isn't better a Nevinyrral's Disk instead? (just blow everything up and then rebuild with Muldrotha, the Gravetide , also you can answer with something like an Heroic Intervention
- Dimir Aqueduct Darkwater Catacombs i feel like 36 lands it's my sweet spot with a few dorks/rocks, but since you can ramp be more efficient with your taplands, you can always could search for the mana base in http:www.mtglands.com
- Carrion Feeder even as a sac outlet it's horrible xD
- Glen Elendra Archmage it's amazing, but i don't feel like it's gonna make a big difference there's much better options in the 4cmc
- Phyrexian Delver consider a better Phyrexian... Sheoldred, Whispering One
- Fellwar Stone it's a great rock... but Sol Ring it's about to get Banned because a reason...
5 days ago
Yeah, those effects are usually green and reference land types, like forest/plains ect. There are a few that get generic "lands" but they are usually around the slot.
If you choose to run these effects, you need way more green in your mana base. A mulligan with a Nature's Lore in it wont help if you don't have a already in your hand. For that reason, leaning on the colorless artifact fixing like Commander's Sphere , Darksteel Ingot , and Fellwar Stone are probably more reliable.
6 days ago
Cool shell so far, but I definitely think it needs more mana ramp. Mayeb 4 more sources of your choice of artifact and land ramp, all probably around the 2-3 CMC slot. Since your deck is light on green I'd go the artifacts that tap for colors like Fellwar Stone , Wayfarer's Bauble , Commander's Sphere , Armillary Sphere , Coalition Relic .
Overall I'd look to knock the curve of the deck down a bit. I find decks start to really hum when they are around 3.5 average CMC. With that said, some of the higher cost plane walkers that aren't doing as much work for you might be Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge , Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage , and Kaya, Bane of the Dead ,
And you can find better board wipes than Decree of Pain . is a tall order.
This deck definitely has all the win cons it needs, just make sure you have the card draw and smooth curve to ensure you get to them consistently.
Looks like fun deck, best of luck!
6 days ago
Things to add:
Things to remove:
Counterspells like: Condescend that ask a player to X are okay to stay, they are the kind you want along with the unconditional ones.
Hope it helps fam.
1 week ago
Ramp: Boros Cluestone , Boros Keyrune , Boros Locket , Boros Signet , Sol Ring , Fire Diamond , Marble Diamond , Commander's Sphere , Wayfarer's Bauble , Mind Stone , Corrupted Grafstone , Star Compass , Fellwar Stone , Coldsteel Heart , Worn Powerstone , Prismatic Lens , Burnished Hart , Solemn Simulacrum
1 week ago
First playtests led to many changes:
- Flux Channeler out for → Phyrexian Revoker : Does not enough for the deck's strategy. Replaced by something new to test. Pithing Needle is already strong.
- Pyroblast out for → Chaos Warp : Pyroblast is a strong card, as you will most of the time encounter at least one blue player in a game pod. At worst, you may discard it to loot effects. But the Oathbreaker format allows only 60 cards and therefore available spots for suboptimal cards are scarce. Plus I don't play enough loot effects in the new version of the deck. Replaced by another removal.
- Faithless Looting out for → Retrofitter Foundry : Replaced by something new to test with cmc-1.
Manabase and ramp changes:
- Buried Ruin out for → Academy Ruins : Upgrade.
- Mishra's Workshop out for → Volcanic Island : Not enough artifacts to make Mishra shine.
- Chief Engineer out for → Curse of Opulence : Not enough artifacts to make good use of the Engineer. Replaced by another ramp option being tested.
- Mox Diamond out for → Fellwar Stone : Not enough lands and/or land recursion. This mox is very good for fast play and competitive decks. This is not the strategy here.
- Storm the Vault Flip out for → Tangle Wire : Not enough artifacts and manacost too high for what it does. Replaced by something more staxy. Tangle Wire is a salty card, but I like to consider this card more-or-less for ramp. See section above for explanations.
1 week ago
Then I don't think you need Countersquall , how about swap that for a Swords to Plowshares , Putrefy , Path to Exile , etc. I think you have a couple too many counterspells, in my Atraxa deck I don't play really any counterspells except for well Counterspell . I rely on Supreme Verdict , Damnation , Merciless Eviction , Swords to Plowshares , Assassin's Trophy , etc to remove threats rather than bother with trying to counter them. While, your not a control deck obviously, 1-2 boardwipes could nonetheless be useful. Then I figure there must be a reason that you don't have Cyclonic Rift in here right? Otherwise, Recoil is an easy swap.
I also feel that you can cut some of your other instant/sorceries that read … proliferate. Cards like Merciless Eviction , Supreme Verdict , might just serve you better. I think a little more ramp could be used here also, such as Simic Signet , Commander's Sphere , Fellwar Stone , Kodama's Reach / Cultivate and such (1-2 mana of these would help), So I think cutting a card like Contagion Clasp and or Temple Bell would be a good choice.
So, in summary I would cut some of these cards: Wanderer's Strike , Countersquall , Grim Affliction , Steady Progress , Juniper Order Ranger , Recoil , Temple Bell ( Otherworld Atlas could be more interesting, I use it in Nekusar, the Mindrazer :).
And add some of these, Scavenging Ooze , Flux Channeler , Winding Constrictor , Simic Signet , Orzhov Signet , Golgari Signet , Commander's Sphere (1-2 more mana rocks would help, Crystalline Crawler could also work maybe) Merciless Eviction , Cyclonic Rift , Putrefy , Swords to Plowshares , and Mortify .
Even though my list has been converted to superfriends now, you could have a look at it for some still possible ideas. I hope some of this helps.
1 week ago
First and foremost, I think you are playing too many lands and probably not enough mana rocks. In my opinion, unless it is a lands matter deck, all edh decks should have anywhere from 32-36 lands depending on the amount of mana rocks and mana dorks. I would say get rid of 6 basics and add in the 6 signets that you have available to you. Another super solid rock is Fellwar Stone and it is actually normally better than the signets in a multiplayer game. These will make it faster and easier to ramp into atraxa as well as still having access to your colors even through the oppressive enchantments you mentioned.
Fellwar Stone occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.21%
W/U (Azorius): 1.13%
U/B (Dimir): 1.02%
U/R (Izzet): 0.89%
W/U/B (Esper): 0.85%
U/B/R (Grixis): 1.03%
RBW (Mardu): 0.68%