|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander (2016 Edition)||Common|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer||Common|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a Plains, Island, Swamp, or Mountain card and put it into play tapped. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
cf42 on Xenagos EDH
4 days ago
You're playing Red/Green, you have no reason to not run Guttural Response. Farseek does nothing for you when you are DROWNING in mana dorks. Natural State is pretty good also as it hits things like Lightning Greaves and Sol Ring, among others.
Also, Lightning Bolt. You have no excuse.
4 days ago
Lol I know the feel man. I'll try to list some more cards, counters were my favourite thing when I first started magic lol. Most of the cards I'm listing are fairly inexpensive too :)
I think grave shinanagins are a lot of fun too lol..
I could probably make an endless list lol....
4 days ago
Fetch lands, shock lands, Farseek for said fetch lands
5 days ago
- I think its important to keep in mind that you want your creatures to pull double duty. Angel of Invention, for example, makes tokens and buffs your team.
- Iroas, God of Victory: You turn your creatures sideways more than I do. Menace would be pretty good for your commander.
- Brutal Hordechief: Just really dumb in your deck.
- Eternal Witness: Replace Den Protector with this.
- Avenger of Zendikar: Token deck stable.
- Angel of Invention: Makes tokens and an anthem on a stick.
- Dragon Broodmother: Cause this is a dumb card.
- Oracle of Mul Daya: Cause ramping is for cool kids that play .
- Wood Elves: Its wood elves.
- Grave Titan: Its the king of zombies
- Armada Wurm: ETB 5/5 wurms seem good.
- Catacomb Sifter: This is ok as a low-end token generator and scry provider.
- Chancellor of the Forge: triple might be tough to handle. This could be good if you have a good reanimator package. Up to you.
- Cultivator of Blades: Once again, a creature that encourages turn your creatures sideways. I really like this card for your deck cause its ETB token creator or an anthem creature.
- You have Whip already, so why not just continue to abuse your graveyard?
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier: Sac a token to tutor seems dumb. Its even better if you keep reanimating it.
- Viscera Seer: Saccing stuff is cool
- Sadistic Hypnotist: Sac outlet and hand disruption.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller: Makes tokens and can send a creature to the graveyard. This one is ok, I guess.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa: Most ETB token creatures lose their value after they hit the field. Why not sacem to make more tokens.
- Slate of Ancestry: A wheel that depends on the amount of creatures you have seems pretty good. Also, if youre animating, you have no problem send cards to your graveyard.
- Key to the City: Unblockable for Tana, the Bloodsower and discard outlet.
Instants and Sorceries
- Vampiric Tutor or Sidsi if you want to abuse tutors.
- Chord of Calling: Youll have plenty of creatures for convoke.
- Buried Alive: Depends on how deep you go into the reanimator plan.
- Parallel Lives: Bruh..you need this. Use this instead of Primeval Bounty. I was unimpressed with the results of bounty.
- Cathars' Crusade: Cause why not?
- Intangible Virtue: Cause tapping tokens is for losers
- Xenagos, the Reveler: Its like having Gaeas Cradle.
- Dragonmaster Outcast: In EDH, he seems very fair and isnt very good until later. Even then, this deck is capable of much sillier plays.
- Norin the Wary: Nahonly good if hes the commander.
- Korozda Guildmage: Too slow, in my opinion.but what do I know
- Thelonite Hermit: and two turns, you make 4 saproliing tokens with a conditional anthem. Also, not good with Whip or Panharmonicon.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council: Go away, ghost dad. Youre drunk and dont belong here.
- Wolfcaller's Howl: Better ways to make tokens.
- Congregate: You have Whip for lifegain.
- Exsanguinate, Lavalanche, Sram's Expertise, Worm Harvest, and Increasing Devotion: You want to abuse ETB and none of this help that plan.
- Conjurer's Closet: Ive fallen out of love with this card. Its slow and doesnt feel strong at .
6 days ago
I agree with both of you. I do have a Farseek in there - it's a very helpful card. I'm currently considering Oracle of Mul Daya actually instead of Bloom Tender - are there advantages to one over the other?
And yes, this deck needs Xenagod. I don't know why I was skeptical of him when first building this deck.
6 days ago
6 days ago
1 week ago
okay so first, drop cards like Tower of Fortunes, Wave of Vitriol, Languish, Blasphemous Act, Hunted Dragon, Malfegor, Dragon Hatchling, Omnath, Locus of Rage, Destructor Dragon, Hellkite Hatchling and possibly Wood Elves.
and while i realize this is casual, any changes toward dual lands, will help your manabase, especially toward getting the double black without sacrificing your ability to get double or triple red ex. Darigaaz's Caldera/Savage Lands/other uncommon duals even Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh.
but the above suggestions are mainly to suggest a change in the mentality of the deck, and streamline it ... why deal 13 damage to each creature when you can just destroy non-dragons? why use a mainboard slot for cards that only have uses in some matchups? why slow yourself down trying to prepare for everything?