|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a Plains, Island, Swamp, or Mountain card and put it into play tapped. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
9 hours ago
Could cut cards like Manalith, Mindstone, Join Shields, Fertilid, and Cultivate to make room.
3 days ago
I think, with my limited knowledge of how it all plays, even with Scapeshift in the deck, I'd run a few more Forest s so you know you can pull off a turn 1 Search for Tomorrow . Besides, the scapeshift takes 2 green, so it seems like you'd want more forests even more with that spell, no?
Worth a try anyways :). Maybe 4 Forests and 5 Mountains? The way I see it with these is that if all our land searches are early drop and in green, and we have enough of them, we usually want more green basics than other colours, cause we can use those search to get other colours, but we can't play all those searches right away without the greens... and farseek won't find us another forest. I know this deck is more red heavy, but there's going to be those starting hands where you could be playing a couple ramps in a turn if the forests are there, but not having efficient early turns if they are not...
Most of all though, I'd say for the sake of the consistent turn 1 Search for Tomorrow , you'd likely be an easy 2-3 turns ahead by turn 3, in many cases playing a 6 cost creature.
4 days ago
- + Abundance
- + Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
- + Farseek
- + Skyshroud Claim
- ~ Tempt with Discovery - Do I have this card?
- ~ Familiar Ground - Combat shenanigans + "unblockable" combo with Blood-Chin Rager
WHAT TO REMOVE?!?
4 days ago
This looks fun :) definitely gives me some ideas.
5 days ago
5 days ago
Hey cool deck, I'm personally not a big fan of Warp World cos it is time consuming and frustrating for the table most of the times. I would replace it with another ramp spell like Farseek . Also not sure if you are a fan of infinites but Palinchron goes infinite with Riku. Also another janky win con I like in Riku is Biovisionary since it's so easy to make 3 other copies of it.
6 days ago
I like the overall idea of the deck, in fact I currently work on kind of a similar idea. Kitsune Mystic is a really sweet addition indeed since not only you can basically use it for moving around hexproof\shroud, but also for moving combat enchantments mid-combat on an unblocked creature, basically turning it into a 1-mana combat trick. However, I`d like to give couple of improvement suggestions.
1) The mana base is only 33 cards, which is extremely low. Such a scarcity of lands should have a solid reasoning, like a really solid one, for instance a ramp on the stick in form of the commander. The average agreed-upon amount is 37-38, and I do not see why this deck should be an exclusion.
2) Following up the mana base argument, I would suggest working on a ramp package, which is basically non-existing in a current version of the deck, and those cards that do ramp you are either conditional (like One with Nature ) or sub-par ( Utopia Vow ). Kestia is in , so not running ramp is a crime against humanity. I would include at least 7 more ramp cards, especially 2-mana ones, like Rampant Growth , Sakura-Tribe Elder and Farseek . Ramp and better mana base provide much more consistency, and this deck is already very good with draw, so it just needs to have better chances to play the cards it has drawn. Also, just put Sol Ring in there. You would never regret it. It`s just too good.
3) The deck is overkill on creatures and enchantments. Now if the enchantments are not that much for a problem since the whole deck is built around them, and usually a deck should have around 30 cards of which it is themed around, the amount of creatures can be decreased. Now which of these should be cut is completely up to you, but in my opinion: - most of the bestow creatures are not as effective as you would want them to be. Most of them are either just sub-par cards ( Boon Satyr ) or just overpriced copies of enchantments that you already have in the deck (i. e. Hopeful Eidolon Ghostblade Eidolon Hypnotic Siren ); - Nylea's Colossus , although being a really sweet card, seems unreliable. 7 mana in a deck with virtually no ramp is just so far into the future, and you have to spend your whole turn to cast it. Plus, you already have a lot of enchantments, so pumping a dude to lethal numbers should be pretty easy already; - Celestial Ancient seems to lack synergy with the deck as a whole. I can see only 3 token producers and a Starfield of Nyx , which, by the way, is also a controversial inclusion since many enchantments in the deck are auras.
4) I would also try and squeeze in more unconditional removal. I see you have most of your removal in form of Pacifism type enchantments, that have better synergy with enchantresses, however I would argue that since you have so many enchantress type effects and enchantments in general that those cards can be swapped for more reliable and consistent removal like SWORDS TO PLOWSHARES Path to Exile and Return to dust. Also I`d also include couple more board wipes because they are basically your safety nets if you fall behind in the game. One sweet thing you can actually do is to include Calming Verse , Aura Thief and Cleansing Meditation , cast one of these along with Enchanted Evening and basically watch your opponents scoop as they lose all their stuff.
I have a lot more tunings to suggest, but they become much too subjective from here, so yeah, there you go.
1 week ago
Some creatures that might be good because of the 'dies/leaves play' aspect of your commander's attack trigger: Thragtusk 5 life ETB, 3/3 beast LTB, Spitebellows 6 dmg to creature, Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor nice swarm of survivor tokens which can always be sac'd in a pinch. Titania, Protector of Argoth will make you 5/3 elementals if you sac lands and you're already playing the Excavator to recur the lands sac'd. [Holy crap has she spiked in price since the last time I looked...]
And yes, I'd play more ramp spells, Farseek , Rampant Growth , Nature's Lore , Skyshroud Claim , Tempt with Discovery , Hour of Promise [which can fetch Volrath's for you], etc. You don't need all of them but Hour will help pull together your land based combos.