|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- Sword of the Animist and Retreat to Emeria interaction
- Sword of the Animist and Gideon Ally of Zendikar
- What is the order of Slab Hammer and Sword of the Animist?
- undergrowth champion given trample?
- Which happens first in a case of a creature having multiple instances of "Whenever this creature attacks, X happens."
Sword of the Animist
Legendary Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+1.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, you may search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||Pocketmouse , ChrisH , Nebman227 , moonmonster , CampbellStev , rockleemyhero , sonnet666 , Vergil_Redgrail , Swamy|
|Want (3)||mercury19 , Turtlelover73 , Ariumlegion|
Sword of the Animist Discussion
1 day ago
@Triton nice suggestions! i really gotta get me a copy of Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx! i think Strata Scythe/Sword of the Animist could be future replacements for Hero's Blade/Hedron Matrix... i happen to own a copy of Thassa, God of the Sea.... any recommendations on what i would want to cut/replace with her?
1 day ago
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and Rogue's Passage for more ramp, and a means of making Tromo unblockable. Sword of the Animist is equipment and ramp, and Strata Scythe provides a nice boost of power. Thassa, God of the Sea is pretty good in the deck for unblockable. Hope this helps!
3 days ago
rockleemyhero Here's my offer. I wil give you Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger for a Lightning Greaves(c15), Sword of the Animist, Shaman of Forgotten Ways and an Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre. I used tcglayer market prices to calculate the value of the products and the trade is about equal.
3 days ago
Looks pretty good, I have a Sram deck with fairly similar counts on voltron + lands & it tends to beat face consistently. Your's is a little different in that you utilize 2x commanders. That being said, I see a couple of reasons for KEEPING Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
- GREEN color identity, those low cost green hexproof/shroud auras are reason enough to keep Reyhan - In fact I'd think about more due to you having a self-growing commander that isn't quite so screwed by shroud: Sexy BUDGET green aura to think about - Aspect of Mongoose , Canopy Cover , and CURSES!! Bear Umbra isn't budget but it sure smacks people. Pollenbright Wings can suddenly make you swing/block wide & is ridiculous with all that double strike.
- You use so much shroud so it is nice to have a secondary equip option, unfortunately in Sram I actually had to PULL Lightning Greaves due to several games where I played it early for protection but never found myself drawing in to a new equip option; fortunately for you, you have a 2nd option readily available in Reyhan if Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker is shrouded & blocked from further equip/targeting (nifty bonus that his innate ability lets him continue to grow)
Other things I think I noticed/possible suggestions (trying to stay on budget)
- Vanishing - SERIOUSLY CAREFULLY READ THE RULINGS ON HOW PHASING WORKS!!!!!!!!! - I have seen this card attached to Zur wreaking MASSIVE havoc, it is by far more damaging than both indestructible & hexproof combined (as long as you have 2 blue mana open (the only downside for you is if you phase out (Ishai - I don't think his ability makes him grow... but still very strong) Seems mostly superior to Mistmeadow Witch
- Sigarda's Aid maybe?
- Trepanation Blade can surprise people
- Sword of the Animist a little $$ right now for some reason :(
- Grappling Hook I know the cmc is steep but I have surprised quite a few people by using that secondary ability
- Argentum Armor maybe a bit steep $$ or cmcwise
- I would think about taking out Blade of Selves although it is cool I THINK duplicating your legendary creatures would be a dead effect seeing as how those legendary duplicates would be instantly erased (maybe you have it for some deathtrigger combo with Reyhan?)
- Banshee's Blade or because
Really neat deck, I'm a little jealous of some of the color combos & other stuff you utilize that Sram cannot. Curious as to how it would square off against Sram voltron.. probably a 50/50 FAST game type of situation. Also, would depend heavily on the types of mana base both decks were drawing in to.
4 days ago
Mistveil Plains + Squadron Hawk is simply too good to miss out on, it gives infinite squad hawks, thus infinite blockers, or just insurance against discard that does not target, like from lilana (+1).
You should really decide what do you want to do with the deck on equipment front, as Trophy Mage is very powerful (and should be present in 4 copies), but there is no point in running Batterskull alongside her a single copy.
I would check out other good 3cmc artifacts, like Sword of the Animist, Godsend, Grafted Wargear(?), Quietus Spike, Whispersilk Cloak... etc.
In my humble opinion you should not play planeswalkers, just for the sake of having planeswalkers, but each to his own i guess.
On creature front i would probably consider Spell Queller, as that is one of if not the best card in these colors, while in theory it could also fit in this deck, as it already includes a lot of counterspell, the more the merrier!
6 days ago
Yes that was what I meant. Zombies are best when the whole deck is meant for them. My suggestion? Take everything Alesha does into account and focus on it exclusively. She is aggressive, run aggressive creatures/ enchantments/ artifacts (Whispersilk Cloak, Fervor, Gratuitous Violence, Urabrask the Hidden). She recurs things, run recursion enchantments/ spells (Debtors' Knell, Reanimate, Marshal's Anthem, Return to the Ranks, Ravos, Soultender). She does a lot, so run protection enchantments/ artifacts/ spells. (Any of the Swords, Dictate of Erebos, Grave Pact, Archangel Avacyn Flip)
1 week ago
1 week ago
Hey I got a few quick ideas for you...some mana ramp Sword of the Animist, Inspiring Statuary can tap equipment for mana, Quietus Spike is another win con, Supplant Form is a crazy combat trick that you can get better use from than usual, personally I prefer global effects like Coastal Piracy and Bident of Thassa over auras like Curiosity, good old Thran Dynamo and Gilded Lotus can also ramp you like you are a green deck. Crush of Tentacles seems like it could be a cool board wipe, Dance of Many, Followed Footsteps, Vizier of Many Faces and Tempt with Reflections are great copy cards, if you don't play much 1v1 Blade of Selves is also super cool. Nice deck btw. Happy gathering!!