|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Shaman
When Eternal Witness enters the battlefield, you may return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (26)||thekingpinBR , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , PhyrexianScience , MorningGlory45 , ibraJG84 , Justinaut , tragic_slip , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Roadhog , asceveris , Kvothe1115 , jrschnoebelen , Jpegwun , Swamy , cryptoplasm , Falte , Va1mar , jtaddeo , Vergil_Redgrail , Qolorful , kpral , thetechzombie , TheRealPeaches , tlhunter07 , Lucretian|
|Want (21)||Skulldrey , Turtlelover73 , shadowhound14 , meowCat1234 , KB2187 , Wolfebladeelite , vishnarg , asydic , Riders_of_Brohan , sonnet666 , philktoken8998 , zachi , Auriel , brokendwarf , Andre_Whales , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Xikitten123 , Nightdragon779 , ChessRuler , Big-Foot , Vasbear1|
Eternal Witness Discussion
22 hours ago
I like this +1 .... 2 thing for you:
1 day ago
You don't use a ton of enchantments or artifacts other than those, and rightfully so, Riku can ramp soooo hard and then you can punish other people for relying on enchantments and artifacts. Tranquil Grove is great for that and red has plenty of spells that say "destroy opponent's artifacts" haha.
You should definitely run a Snapcaster Mage in place of a land as he can trigger so much fun stuff for you. Couple him with the Eternal Witness or one of your bouncers and he is just an abuse king. E Wit is strictly better than the Skullwinder, deathtouch or no, giving an opponent choice pick of his graveyard is a big mistake.
3 days ago
Ok, after everyone's comments, here are my thoughts ...
GOOD MATCH-UPS (Bant Knightfall, UW Control, GBx Midrange, Jeskai Control, Death's Shadow): Mainboard is fine; no sideboard slots needed.
- Ancient Grudge, if I end up using some number of Trinisphere too.
- Ancient Grudge + Shatterstorm, if I don't use Trin'
- Obstinate Baloth (putting one back into the main) and Kitchen Finks (in the side)
- Maybe some Trinisphere.
- The more I think about it, the more I think Beast Within is the key. Say an opponent casts Scapeshift and sacrifices 7 Lands to fetch 6 Mountains (basics and non-basics) and a Valakut. All the Lands enter simultaneously and 6 Valakut triggers go on the stack. With the triggers on the stack, I kill a Mountain. The trigger from that Mountain will resolve and I'll take 3 damage. But the triggers from the other 5 Mountains fizzle, since "the ability will do nothing if [my opponent controls] fewer than 5 Mountains other than that new one by the time it resolves" (source).
- Beast Within is also superb against a resolved Primeval Titan.
- I might be able to catch an inexperienced pilot with Crumble to Dust, but an experienced pilot will wait until the last second (i.e., fetching them with Scapeshift) to play their Valakut. Crumble may still be worthwhile though ... partly for free wins against less experienced pilots, but mostly because hitting Stomping Ground will leave most decks with only 10 Mountains ... depending on the board state, that will often not be enough for lethal.
- Blood Moon is of course amazing in the match-up, but post-board they will almost certainly have Engineered Explosives and Reclamation Sage to deal with it. Still, Blood moon #5 may be worthwhile.
ELDRAZI AND Gx TRON:
- I'm excited to try Crumble to Dust here.
- Blood Moon is of course amazing in the match-up, but post-board they will almost certainly have Ratchet Bomb, Nature's Claim, etc. to deal with it. Still, Blood moon #5 may be worthwhile.
- Beast Within for Devoted Druid and Vizier of Remedies
- Anger of the Gods, for everything else.
- For Counters CoCo: Druid and Vizier demand answers. Renegade Rallier and Eternal Witness makes Exile effects much better.
- For Valuetown CoCo: 7x Manadorks, Ramunap Excavator, and Knight of the Reliquary complicate the Land Destruction plan.
- As with any White deck, I need to watch out for Blessed Alliance post-board. Burrenton Forge-Tender, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Reclamation Sage and Qasali Pridemage could make an appearance as well.
- 3x Trinisphere to slow them down or Eidolon of the Great Revel to kill them
- 1x Anger of the Gods for Goblin Electromancer and Baral, Chief of Compliance
The bottom line (for now anyways) ...
Main: 1x Obstinate Baloth
Mandalorian on Peas
1 week ago
Ya it sounds like Polukranos would have done work on that board. If you want to continually repeat the Polukranos ability you could add Temur Sabertooth. You can activate the Sabertooth to pick up creatures and replay them, like Polukranos, and then Monstrosity again. It also works well with other creatures that have excellent enter the battlefield abilities like Eternal Witness, Wistful Selkie, and Nylea's Disciple.
What do you think of Regal Force over Mastery, it draws a ton of cards and adds to your Devotion?
1 week ago
1 week ago
Torment of Hailfire needs around 20 mana to start REALLY putting the screws to people (this is also assuming no one is shitting out tokens and just laughs at you demanding they sac 18 of them). If you have 20 mana in this deck, go win... you can just Yawgmoth's Will to re-use your Demonic Tutor to go find Tooth and Nail, or you your Eternal Witness to get it back, or flashback your Mystical Teachings to find your Snapcaster Mage to replay the Demonic Tutor, leaving you 10 mana to entwine it and have a Flusterstorm backup.
Like he said this deck is about WINNING, not making your opponent suffer through horrible choices. Torment of Hailfire needs to be in a shell that is built to drag the game on a very long time and attrition your opponents out. Damia is trying to end the game by turn 8, if that does not happen by turn 8 it may run out of steam and get taken out of the game because it is not built to win an attrition war. It is built to ramp to, find, and entwine Tooth and Nail to win the game.
1 week ago
1 week ago
If you want a lockdown deck there are plenty of stax decks for derevi. Mine goes that way to and it had some great results. You can check it out. Beware though...if you have a casual gaming group it's not fun.