|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
Basic Land — Forest
(: Add to your mana pool.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||Mousemke , acbooster , LegendDeer , raymaverick97 , mtgmanatee , , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , kpral , 2austin5 , Pylioz|
|Want (3)||Turtlelover73 , Mousemke , mazrimtaim|
1 hour ago
Hi Naksu. Personally I prefer the deck without the ramp, the deck as it stands generates huge amounts of value and wins many wars of attrition (which it needs to as it has a tough match up against control). What you find with the deck is that because it doesn't look to run in quickly, the mana to let your guys attack isn't really an issue, and you aren't too bothered if they can't all attack either.
However, the ramp is crazy useful if looking to play more aggressively. If that was the road I was going down then I'd take out 3x Tree of Redemption, 3x Brave the Sands, 2x Plains, and 1x Forest, and add in 4x Overgrown Battlement, 4x Axebane Guardian, and 1x Assault Formation.
It just comes down to taste really, and what you want from the deck. And you'll always be able to find some space Wakestone Gargoyle of course.
1 day ago
A few initial thoughts:
- I'm a bit unclear on why you're running Darkheart Sliver--is there a synergy there that I'm not seeing?
- Why omit Mox Diamond and Grim Monolith? Running the mana-positive rocks seems like it furthers your game plan in a pretty real way.
- In much the same way that Vampiric Tutor is good, Imperial Seal is good. I'm not sure you need Grim Tutor, but it's certainly worth considering.
- I'm very leery of Veteran Explorer; I know it easily gets you two more lands during your combo turn, but it also gives two lands to everyone else, and that's a dicey trade-off if you plan on pushing through disruption. What does including it do for you?
- SquirrelCraft seems a bit cute, especially since you're light on free sac outlets. Seeing as you're already running infinite mill as a meaningful line, Altar of Dementia doesn't seem an unreasonable option to consider if you're keen to win by squirrels for days, but I feel there are stronger options--Exsanguinate comes to mind.
- Elvish Spirit Guide seems largely inferior to Lotus Petal in this context; it's a 3-drop (Ad Nauseam/Dark Confidant) that only ever gives you one of your two colors.
- What are your main targets for Reanimate and Unearth? Is there any merit in Entomb, or are those purely ways to recur combo pieces?
- Dryad Arbor over a basic Forest could be very strong; you can grab it off fetchlands, and it makes T1 GSZ a ramp spell.
- On the topic of fetchlands, your colors give you access to seven* of them, and you should almost certainly run them all.
- If you haven't already, consider Toxic Deluge as an additional board wipe--it may never make it in, but it's an extremely cheap and potent card
- Depending on how full your graveyard gets when you're starting to go off, Cabal Ritual feels like it would be naturally at home alongside Dark Ritual and Culling the Weak
- Bloom Tender in a two-color deck feels dubious, but I'm not quite prepared to say it's necessarily wrong, either.
- Given your reliance on mana dorks, Benefactor's Draught functions as a ritual that cantrips; if you choose to pair it with Isochron Scepter, it also draws you your deck while giving you an outrageous amount of mana.
I hope some of this helps! I like the direction you seem to be taking this.
1 day ago
The deck works very well now, and can win against any deck.
1 day ago
If you want more stories, I shall grant them to you.
After all, it's my new favorite EDH deck, so I've played it a few times and I can recall my last game quite well.
I was playing against three opponents, the same people as before, but with different decks this time. One was Arcanis the Omnipotent, one was Riku of Two Reflections and one was Omnath, Locus of Mana. I was prepared for the hate that would come towards me, especially from the mono blue deck - I automatically assume a ton of counterspells from those.
My starting hand was pretty decent - I didn't have many lands, but I had Sol Ring, so I felt okay. Arcanis had a pretty amazing ramp engine - he played Mana Crypt, Mana Vault and Everflowing Chalice with three counters on his turn 2, which made everyone worried. I played a Propaganda early, but my opponents' decks weren't exactly creature decks, so nobody really attacked anyone. Except for Omnath later on. Arcanis cast Day's Undoing pretty early, which I could counter with Insidious Will, but I decided not to - I was pretty stuck on lands.
The stuff I drew was pretty good, but in the meantime, Omnath became a threat as well. His commander was rapidly growing and he started bashing Arcanis. In fact, his Omnath grew so big it could probably kill Arcanis with the next attack. I cast Fervor, preparing for the Narset turn. I also drew Strionic Resonator thanks to Day's Undoing, so it was looking pretty great for me.
However, Omnath became extremely threatening all of a sudden. He killed Arcanis with a 13/13 Omnath. Arcanis flashed in Snapcaster Mage to chumpblock, but Omnath cast Berserk from Mosswort Bridge's Hideaway. Then he used all of his gathered mana in the postcombat main phase, ramping up even more, playing Brittle Effigy and Yeva, Nature's Herald, among a few other things.
Now that Arcanis was out of the game, I could safely cast Narset, since Riku was tapped out. I attacked Riku and the trigger revealed Command Tower, Walk the Aeons, Spectra Ward and Conqueror's Flail. Brilliant.
My bonus turn begins. I cast Steel of the Godhead on Narset, then I equip her with Conqueror's Flail. With Boros Charm in my hand, I am able to give her double strike and finish Riku off. The trigger reveals Chandra, the Firebrand, Izzet Signet, Ashling's Prerogative and Sunder. Knowing that Omnath is a land-based deck, I don't hesitate to cast Sunder. On Omnath's turn, nothing happens because he has no mana, so he plays a Forest and passes the turn.
On my turn, I copy Narset's trigger with Strionic Resonator, revealing eight spells. One of them is Omniscience, which allows me to cast my huge hand for free. I play Temporal Trespass, Tamiyo, the Moon Sage, Elspeth, Knight-Errant and many other things. On my bonus turn, I buff Narset with Elspeth and swing for victory.
Once again, just one attack caused a hugely explosive turn. Omnath decided not to attack me because of my Propaganda, and instead aimed for Arcanis - because he had a ton of mana. In fact, he later told us that if he could have had another turn, he would've won the game on that turn, so Omnath prevented that. Which allowed me to take the win instead. Nonetheless, it was a fun game, at least for me. :)
I love this deck so much.
2 days ago
3 days ago
CoreGon, these are the very early stages of the newest version. Black may be added back in :) Energy alone can just about support the fourth color of black, but I'm finding consistency issues. I'm in the process of trying to make the fourth color work better using Four-Color Saheeli as a template, that deck is four colors and relies on energy and it's using both Attune with Aether and Oath of Nissa to get and find the lands it needs. I'm mimicking this with a version of Dark Bant.
You're right using the fourth color will make it easier to max out on converge, five colors for both Skyrider Elf and Woodland Wanderer, but we still have to worry about consistency of the manabase which three color Bant is much better at. Bant is better mana consistency while still giving us the ability to converage Skyrider and Wanderer, maybe not with five colors as easily, but four yes.
Here's my new idea for Dark Bant, using Four-Color Saheeli as a template. Here's the list so far:
- 4x Servant of the Conduit
- 4x Skyrider Elf
- 4x Woodland Wanderer
- 4x Sylvan Advocate
- 3x Rhonas the Indomitable
- 4x Attune with Aether
- 3x Oath of Nissa
- 4x Cast Out
- 4x Aether Hub
- 4x Forest
- 2x Plains
- 1x Island
- 1x Swamp
- 4x Botanical Sanctum
- 3x Concealed Courtyard
- 2x Lumbering Falls
This leaves room for 9x more cards, some combination of Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Verdurous Gearhulk, Tireless Tracker, Fatal Push and Tamiyo, Field Researcher. This is too many different cards something is going to be left out, but I'm not sure what yet.
It's also possible that we only splash black as a fourth color to better converge and just play a Swamp which Attune can get or Oath can find.
4 days ago
I like Channeler Initiate over Exemplar of Strength, mana seems more interesting but depending on how the deck fares they should be interchangeable.As for Grasping Dunes it seems a good idea but again, I might add that if I feel I got too much Forest or Swamp.
4 days ago
Looks excellent. A suggestion for the landbase, though, that'll keep the budget in check but balance things better: