|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
Basic Land — Forest
(: Add to your mana pool.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
37 minutes ago
I've playtested your deck against a couple of mine, which I think are generally fairly close on the casual-hardcode scale. Here are my random thoughts and suggestions.
- Sapseep Forest - Entering tapped isn't worth the upside.
- Mogg Hollows - Only getting coloured mana every other turn seems bad.
- 1x Forest, 1x Mountain to make place for...
- Karplusan Forest and Mossfire Valley - Two untapped mana-fixing lands.
- Mosswort Bridge and Spinerock Knoll - Both of these have requirements that should be easy to meet in your deck. They're really bad with X spells, but you have a lot of other useful targets.
- Clip Wings for Silklash Spider, a lot slower and more expensive, but reusable.
- Gruul Keyrune for Gruul Signet A 3/2 trample is really small in EDH, so I'd go for the lower mana cost if I were you.
- Lightning Bolt for Ulvenwald Tracker Basically Doom Blade on a stick with the huge guys you will be keeping around. Also fun with Thornbite Staff, which is also incredible ramp with Rosheen if you can arrange some other way to have creatures die. Volcanic Fallout would be an example.
More general suggestions:
- Might of Old Krosa One-off buffs aren't that great when you have three opponents you need to get down from 40 life. It's certainly not reliable as removal, either.
- Increasing Savagery Your many X-creatures turn mana into power and toughness. No need to have a separate card that does the same.
- Solidarity of Heroes Very powerful at the right time, but it's a one-off effect that requires some setup.
- Feral Incarnation - Three 3/3 beasts isn't worth the mana, and you don't have enough token generation to make it "free".
- Skarrg Guildmage - There are better trample-givers, like Nylea, God of the Hunt.
- Genesis In this type of deck with low-count high-value creatures I'd try to sneak this in, but it depends on how graveyard-hatey your meta is.
- Asceticism Again, high-value creatures that respond poorly to single-target removal. Keep your hydras safe!
- Death's Presence Even if your hydras die you get to keep most of their value.
- In the Web of War, Fires of Yavimaya or Xenagos, God of Revels - Haste on large creatures is huge, you can swing and kill someone without them getting the time to set up defence.
- Gyre Sage - Makes each hydra larger than the previous one, which makes him larger, which makes the next hydra larger... :o
- Elemental Bond - Card draw when you play creatures keeps the creatures coming.
- Soul of the Harvest - As above.
- Aggravated Assault - The plan is to make lots of mana and huge creatures. Letting them work double shifts the next turn might secure a kill (or two).
Slightly out of budget suggestions:
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - She seems perfect for the deck. Huge creatures, huge mana, extra cards.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - In decks with two colours or less, this makes a lot of mana.
To make room for this I'd personally cut all the treefolk. They're better in mono-green.
It depends on your meta, but I'd also cut all planeswalkers except maybe Xenagos. They just tend to die so quickly in EDH. Xenagos generally at least pays for himself, though.
You could also consider multi-mana dorks, like Bloom Tender, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Nantuko Elder, Priest of Titania, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Somberwald Sage, Whisperer of the Wilds, Wirewood Channeler, Karametra's Acolyte and dubiously Frontier Siege.
I hope you can take at least something from this.
2 days ago
I'm not the best deck brewer myself, but i think i can help a little bit:
1) I would start building with the "god hand". Let's assume, that you draw all cards that you need, and you draw ideal cards through the game. How would it look?
It's not looking good. Why?
1) Mana. It's very easy for you to get the wrong amount of mana. Playing cards with x 2 black or x 2 green cost, like Drana, Liberator of Malakir is generally bad idea. So Drana, Liberator of Malakir and Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet are out.
2) Why do you play only one Nissa, Voice of Zendikar? Play 4! Remember, if you want to pull something, it's better to have 4/60 chance of pulling it and not 1/60. You know that you can have 1 legendary on battlefield, but 4 the same legendary cards in the deck?
3) Noosegraf Mob too late too little.
4) You clearly have no main idea how to win, i mean it's fun to put counters, i'm thinking on building counter B/G deck myself, but you want to win. With your best hand that i made (i'm sure someone can make better, but it's an example) you will deal enough damage to kill your opponent at turn 5. With your opponent not moving. It's not so great and here's why:
5) You have no defence! No hexproof, no way to protect your creatures. Your enemy will clean your battlefield like my dog cleans his bowl, super fast and efficient. There's no sense in putting counters if you don't have anything to put it on. Blossoming Defense - I would at least play that.
6) Building your deck is not only about what I will play, but what my enemy will play. With Fatal Push it will be hard to put anything that is sticking on the board. Think about that when you build your deck.
7) Black is for removal, green is for the ramp. Where is it, gladhwen? WHERE?
Don't get discouraged, build more and learn. Deckbuilding is fun, but like all things it needs time and practice ;) I hope you will build something nice and that I at least helped a little bit.
2 days ago
A few things. 1) Forgive me for this but your sentence structure is abysmal "If they wanted war, than we shall give it to them!" Should be "If they want war, then we shall give it to them!" The way it currently stands has a past participle and a present participle which conflicts the sentence structure.
It is also using the wrong version of then. Than refers to preferring something over another such as Coke is better than Pepsi.
Then refers to wanting to do something in a chronological order like I need to go to the bathroom then I will go out for lunch.
That out of the way 2) Your mana base is horribly skewed. You have too many land sources for how many symbols you have and will often not be able to cast your hand properly.
I'd suggest something more akin to 4x Blossoming Sands 4x Selesnya Sanctuary 2x Forest 12x Plains if you're on a budget. If you aren't on a budget or would like to indulge a little bit Windswept Heath and Temple Garden will help the consistency of your mana. Alternatively Canopy Vista & Fortified Village are great budget fixes for quicker mana as well
Happy spell slinging!
mluc on B/G Counters
3 days ago
I tested again today and made some changes. Have a look and please provide your feedback:
5 days ago
After some thought reflection on the idea of +1/+1 counters in standard, I think the best option would to go G/W as cards like Oath of Ajani and Collective Effort are way stronger than Winding Constrictor and Weaponcraft Enthusiast. I don't even think the argument of better removal is even a factor here as you still have Declaration in Stone and Stasis Snare. The best card black has to offer is Yahenni, Undying Partisan, but it's not the most reliable triggered ability unless you want to cram 10 extra kill spells into your deck for no reason..Below is a list I've been brewing, and I think you could get some ideas for your deck based on what I found!
4 Canopy Vista
4 Fortified Village
1 Westvale Abbey Flip
1 Ajani Unyielding
4 Collective Effort
2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
4 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
4 Oath of Ajani
3 Stasis Snare
3 Armorcraft Judge
2 Maulfist Revolutionary
4 Selfless Spirit
4 Thraben Inspector
3 Verdurous Gearhulk
2 Walking Ballista
3 Blessed Alliance
2 Declaration in Stone
2 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
4 Tireless Tracker
5 days ago
Wow, you had good cracks.
I just realised how good Kari Zev is at enabling Revolt.
I went 2-1-1 with this list at prerelease.
1x Aetherwind Basker
1x Consul's Shieldguard
1x Foundry Assembler
1x Ghirapur Guide
1x Glint-Sleeve Artisan
1x Hidden Herbalists
1x Kujar Seedsculptor
1x Maulfist Revolutionary
2x Prizefighter Construct
1x Sage of Shaila's Claim
2x Prey Upon
6 days ago
Hmm, this looks familiar :)
I think if you like the first version of my Aether Revolt Energy Elves enough to make a copy of it then you can at least upvote there, that's not asking too much.
1 week ago
Thank You LeaPlath for your very detailed comment. I do see what you mean when you say the deck is poor. This deck was not supposed to see competitive play, just something I made for fun.
If an opponent playing aginst this deck has a bad deck themselves or is not a good player, this deck CAN win turn three if I just add 4 Concordant Crossroads.
Turn 3,Play-Forest, -Forest, -Forest, Birds of Paradise, Play-Presence of Gond, Enchant-Sunstrike LegionnaireWithPresence of Gond, -Forest, Play-Concordant Crossroads, Sunstrike Legionnaire Activating the infinate combo, and all of the 1/1 Elves have haste.