|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
Basic Land — Forest
: Gain .
1 day ago
Made a further revision after some good advice from Reddit. Moved the two Vivien, Arkbow Ranger to main, since a lack of Trample is a common problem. Made room for that by eliminating the Overgrowth Elemental , since they rarely do work. This made room in the side for an extra Veil of Summer and one more Voracious Hydra . Lastly, turned one Lotus Field into a Forest . It's too much fun to cut it totally, but that would probably be the more correct move.
1 week ago
Have you considered Birds of Paradise ? Can ramp your mana really well and has flying as an extra form of offense if need be. Maybe test first by running 3 and cutting 3 Forest - this will let you see if they affect your curve too much.
2 weeks ago
Brand new user here, brand new player (been toying with MTG Arena to figure out builds I want to invest in).
I've been playing around with Omniscience . I've seen the build that combos it with Overflowing Insight to make the opponent deck out, but that just doesn't seem fun to play with or against. Instead, I've been trying to play as many big creatures as possible and win the same turn in comes out.
Here's where I'm struggling: Omniscience is a big card, so I know the deck needs to ramp quickly. I also know I need to have a constant inflow of cards into my hand. Also fine. The problem is that, when I put together the ramp cards and the drawing engines, there isn't really any room in the deck for anything else. I can fit a few big hitters, and not much to protect me until turn 5+ when I can get all of this out. Here's what I'm running right now on Arena:
2x New Horizons
2x Mana Geode
The idea is to ramp, draw cards, get Samut, Tyrant Smasher out so all my big hitters have Haste and take the game the turn they come on. I know I'm doing something inefficiently, I just don't know what. Any help would be really appreciated here.
2 weeks ago
- Ice-Fang Coatl
- Snow-Covered Forest
- Snow-Covered Island
- Snow-Covered Plains
- Springbloom Druid
- Watcher for Tomorrow
Why not add a Baleful Strix at the expense of adding some pretty basics to the deck?
3 weeks ago
Trying out some new tec! From now on I'll be doing a more consistent job of logging my deck revisions.
Cut ol'reliable, Terastodon for Force of Vigor . Nasty Terasty has always been amazing utility, either using him the way he's meant to be played or using him to hit my own lands and getting 33 power across 7 creatures and making Gaea's Cradle tap for significantly more mana. However, 0 mana is a lot less than 8 mana, and instant speed removal is generally better. Late game I expect to usually only pitch ramp spells after I no longer need them.
Cut Terramorphic Expanse for Prismatic Vista . It was either going to be my signed copy of Teramorphic Expanse or my FNM promo Evolving Wilds , but the Evolving Wilds was too pretty to cut. No-brainer include, the land enters untapped. Effectively a fifth fetchland for my mono colored deck.
Cut Cultivate for Springbloom Druid . This one hurt, I loved my FNM promo Cultivate signed by John Avon! I had already cut Kodama's Reach for Three Visits , and Nissa's Pilgrimage is strictly better in a mono colored deck. Springbloom Druid is also stronger for my strategy, so Cultivate got the axe.
Cut a Forest for Elvish Reclaimer . I play a lot of lands. Like, a lot. I have a million and a half ways to get more lands. With 12 Forests there's still a 91% chance of having green mana on turn one. Reclaimer is too good to not include.
Cut Homeward Path for Cryptic Caves . It's inclusion was originally to protect Titania since the deck just folds without her. However, Control Magic effects are rarely played in my meta, so the cut is justified.
Cut Blast Zone for Lotus Field. Blast Zone is extremely powerful in theory. The problem is that it's just too slow.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
It works in concept now, but unfortunately there are still some old sets (like ODY) that don't have all the variants added. We basically just need the Gatherer ID for the card. In this case it's 31627, from the Gatherer URL:
but as you can see, it doesn't work right: Forest .
It does though in some other sets. For example:
Forest Forest Forest Forest
[[Forest (XLN:435437)]][[Forest (XLN:435438)]][[Forest (XLN:435439)]][[Forest (XLN:435440)]]
So I think your best bet is to ask if someone could add the Forest you want, over on the Official Missing Card thread. After that, you should be able to access it using the 'Forest (ODY:31627)' tag.
I'm not sure when they added this, but it's awesome! Also, just in case you weren't aware, there are a bunch of other tips like this in the 'Formatting tips' page (underneath any comment window). This particular one is under 'Tagging Cards in Deck Lists'.
4 weeks ago
OK, let us see…
Land creature ratio:
- Try 22 Lands instead of 20 (trust me on this).
- 25 – 26 creatures are just fine.
- 12 – 13 spells.
- Replace Cinder Glade or Rootbound Crag with Game Trail (Since you are on a budget).
- 1x Kessig Wolf Run .
- Add 1x Forest or another Cinder Glade , Rootbound Crag , Game Trail or Kazandu Refuge .
- Daybreak Ranger Flip good card, but usually better as sideboard, whenever you face tons of flyers or when in need for extra removal. I would replace the whole set with Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, faster, cheaper (in both mana and dollars) and helps a lot to keep your hand and board full of wolves. Another budget replacement, could be Gatstaf Shepherd Flip, same cmc, goes for like 20 cents the copy and has intimidate.
- Geier Reach Bandit Flip another pretty good card, but I would just main 2 copies, more than that is usually not great, and this opens space to great finishers like Kruin Outlaw Flip.
- You have a ton of “Lord Effects”, so Reckless Waif Flip might be a good addition, since she has better body than Village Messenger Flip. Maybe tun a mix of both? Also could replace some Bandits to make the deck more aggro.
- Now about Silverfur Partisan . Most people think that you need a bunch of instants to cast on it yourself to justify its inclusion. WRONG! Even though that is a way to make it work, and even thought there a couple of cool combos with Zada, Hedron Grinder , it is not its main role. While in play, the partisan gives you a wolf for EVERY TARGETED WOLF OR WEREWOLF, which means that for every removal spell they cast on your creatures, you get a free replacement, which is great against some heavy removal decks. Remember that Werewolves have 3 main weak points, fliers, removal and mass removal. A great side board card.
- Magma Jet is not good here. I get the scry thing and all, but damage is more important for wolves. The obvious is Lightning Bolt , but usually with the money of just one copy, you can get 4x Lightning Strike or Incinerate or even something like Arc Trail (not recommended).
- Rabid Bite this is a terrible, ugly, and horrible card. Never ever use it! Try Pounce instead.
Hope this helps! Be kind and have fun.
No data for this card yet.