|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Mythic Rare|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Two Vorinclex, voice of hungers.
- how much to add?
- Does having Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger + Zendikar Resurgent give you two extra mana when you tap a land?
- How much mana do you get from a land when having Mana Reflection + Zendikar Resurgent + Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger?
- Vorinclex & Hokori untap land effect question
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
Legendary Creature — Praetor
Whenever you tap a land for mana, add one mana to your mana pool of any type that land produced.
Whenever an opponent taps a land for mana, that land doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger Discussion
5 days ago
Primeval Bounty here is a six mana enchantment that does nothing other than some minor life gain. I'd highly recommend something else in that slot. I personally like Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger , but if you're not that sort of degenerate, instead consider a card like Chameleon Colossus , Heroes' Bane or Elder of Laurels as a way of converting lands into dunking players.
If you want more ways to get yourself an army, Ant Queen can serve in a pinch. For flying dunks and also board interaction, there's Steel Hellkite who can erase tokens with one hit and firebreathe to death the next. And if you'd like to win without having to dunk, Helix Pinnacle exists as an alternate route in case your opponents have put up enough of a wall.
1 week ago
@lola82600 - Thanks for the suggestions.. If you can check the older version of this deck thru the updates, i had Ghostly Prison in this deck before.. I cut it because, every time I play it, it doesn't feel like it doesn't belong in a creature majority deck like mine.. I'd rather pillowfort using high toughness creatures, and making opponents think twice in attacking me.. The other 2 suggestions can be useful though, but it feels less effective if i replace other creatures in the deck already..
@ZXddgsw12 - I think, although this deck is creature-based deck, it doesn't benefit as much as it would a token deck.. plus I can't replace any of the cards for it, I might include Primal Rage rather than that.. but thanks anyway for the suggestions!
1 week ago
What I am seeing is that you have a lot of solid cards that are great in a vacuum, but not a whole lot of cards that actually work well with one-another. In others words you don't just lack combo, you also lack synergy. The issue with a deck like this is that you may be casting spells and expanding your boardstate every turn, but you aren't doing anything impactful to the game.
- You may feel like you are going off, but really you are just playing random cards.
What you lack, overall, are bombs. You need cards that immediately threaten the presence of the game such as Craterhoof Behemoth .
However, your Commander is Captain Sisay , so I am going to suggest specifically Legendary spells. This in turn gives you synergy between your Commander and the rest of your board.
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope ; A strictly better version of Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
- Bow of Nylea : Increases the danger of attacking into you. Trust me, when players see this thing on the field, it immediately halts aggression
- Dosan the Falling Leaf : Stops blue decks in their tracks
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger : Toward the end of the game, this is effectively a 1-2 turn clock. What I mean is, if you play Ghalta after a wrath, he will take down an opponent typically in 1 or 2 attacks. If you play him before a wrath, you threaten entire boardstates as players will need to double and even triple block to absorb the damage. And if he gets countered, so what? You only paid for him, anyway. At least, in most cases
- God-Eternal Oketra : You are running a lot of creatures. This should be main-boarded with no exceptions
- Karametra, God of Harvests : She allows you to ramp by playing creatures. The hidden power of Karametra is that by taking lands directly from your deck, you thin your deck down. This in turn increases the probability of drawing into powerful cards sooner rather than later
- Konda, Lord of Eiganjo : Effectively an 8/8 you can swing with and block with every turn. Just this alone makes opponents rethink attacks because they know they will lose at least one thing. This means they must attack with two creatures, knowing at least one will die
- Linvala, Keeper of Silence : Snuffs out creature-focused combo decks
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal : Overall a powerful synergy piece once your boardstate is robust enough
- Parhelion II : Solid boardstate generator
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty : Stops a lot of midrange decks
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger : Gross
- Yeva, Nature's Herald : Play in response to actions. Give your opponents the least amount of time to react to your spells
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn : Deadly beater
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hey man, love your list!
I'm running a Reki myself and been having tons of fun with it. If I may just drop some suggestions here:
Honor-Worn Shaku , my god this over performs in many ways. It's no legendary but it works well with any legendary.
Sakiko, Mother of Summer This beast pumps out heavy mana in your second main phases and has great synergy with your Omnath, Locus of Mana . I'd switch her with Sashi, Daughter of Seshiro. You don't have that much snakes or shamans to make her that important imo.
The Great Henge Is jsut ONE of those cards..
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger Because salty tears taste best with Vorinclex on the field.
Nissa, Worldwaker just the +1 to untap FOUR FORESTS.. and let's not get started over the -7. There are many other planeswalker I run in my deck but this one definitely stands out for me.
Bow of Nylea has so much possibility's and potential in an entire EDH match, don't underestimate this card.
Hua Tuo, Honored Physician Helped me get some stuff out of the graveyard lategame. Pretty awesome.
1 month ago
I'm less of a "combo" player and more of a "synergy" player.
My problem with combos is that, while they can generate infinite and unbreakable locks on the game, if just one piece if removed the entire thing falls apart.
With synergy, even if half of your boardstate is gone, the half that remains can still function.
I recently "discovered" a combo / synergy between Myr Matrix and Mana Echoes that I want to experiment with in my next deck. I'm thinking Izzet, running Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer in semi-Myr tribal.
Basically the combo doesn't work unless you have at least 4 Myr on the field. If you have Mana Echoes already on the field with Myr Matrix sitting there and have literally nothing else, you can drop a Myr Battlesphere and immediately generate , pay into Matrix and get right back out of it.
I'm not entirely sure what to do with the deck or which direction to go, but I'm thinking spell-slinger / storm. The potential is there for an immense amount of mana. There is also Saheeli, the Gifted , Urza, Lord High Artificer , Tolarian Academy .
So yeah, it's not exactly a "game-winning" combo, and it does take a few cards to set up, but the possibility of generating BOTH infinite mana AND infinite tokens is just too good to not build.
Also in that deck I have Argothian Elder with Wirewood Lodge . If you have one other land that can add at least two mana, such as Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx , Gaea's Cradle , Simic Growth Chamber , Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun , or even just a basic Forest with Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger on the field then you can also generate infinite mana.
Yes, I can generate both infinite turns and infinite mana in the same deck.
Shameless self plug. Sorry, I rambled on. I'll hide in an accordion as to not be rude with a dissertation on my hobby, lol.
1 month ago
Maybe additionally, you need this Options i think. T&N, StU, STrap are good Choices but, you need Ramp as Fuck for your early Game.
1 month ago
Subordinate- "Lower in rank or position"... I am personally offended.
I really can't think of much that would punish tapping and untapping. Most of it is going to be geared towards opponents tapping their land like Mana Web . But I'll give you War's Toll , Price of Glory , Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger .
The other thing to consider is what exactly are you trying to punish? Because tapping can be using activated abilities, attack, or blocking for creatures/artifacts. You could go Treasure Nabber or you could go Immolation Shaman or Harsh Mentor or Blood Reckoning . All are technically punishing you opponent for "tapping".
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%