|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Mythic Rare|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Two Vorinclex, voice of hungers.
- how much to add?
- Does having Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger + Zendikar Resurgent give you two extra mana when you tap a land?
- How much mana do you get from a land when having Mana Reflection + Zendikar Resurgent + Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger?
- Vorinclex & Hokori untap land effect question
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
Legendary Creature — Praetor
Whenever you tap a land for mana, add one mana to your mana pool of any type that land produced.
Whenever an opponent taps a land for mana, that land doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||warcry02 , bigc137 , ZombieFood , Roadhog , switchkill65 , prete182 , plof , ibraJG84 , angesoir , Shiromakuro , zachi , Florg , , Justinaut , DaZlInG , Pro_Noob , Diamonddragon2002 , miracle , Dimarx , Randomdeath , itheoryz , MagnaAura , teslacoil7992|
|Want (45)||bloodysmurf11 , insanious , demonicgrizzly , Hootiequack , GS10 , xpsychovampx , Slatibartfast , ItaPuma , THP88 , JadfihfTheMerc , thorrs , richardmv , kovellen , dethjakal , Warxuaroz , Dadaman11 , shepherdofire , ASCLEPIUS , SlickWizard , Wintermoon , psoliver , Fullmetalmage , Vestrinex , donatedwarrior9 , esono , BrenBrix , AchieverHeel , relyks16 , SirFowler , paranoid , Nikyle , Xikitten123 , jimbolaya , XxCataclysmiCxX , titaniumturtlex , snoopywashere , Feanoriel , Elode , Chewytheshark , Red_Feathers , SilverGalaxE , DeifiedExile , Kohler326 , Gommel , MrBubbles110|
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger Discussion
2 days ago
connorbitw Hey man, you should try running Azusa, Lost but Seeking and Courser of Kruphix, both speed up land ramps like decks such as these. Also try looking to getting some Fetch lands and Shock lands. They're super helpfull in decks like this as well considering fetch lands can give you that extra land fall per turn. I would also try adding Oracle of Mul Daya she too would help your land ramp. I would also consider Omnath, Locus of Rage, he might be the strongest card for a deck like this. In general omnath is the way to go. Especially if you tech in Verdant Sun's Avatar you could literally gain like 40-50 life a turn. It would be awesome in this. I would try Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger. There are so many different techs but these are the main ones i would look into.
1 week ago
You could add Natural Affinity to respond to any creature wipe spells, or even to combo with your own Blasphemous Act. You're also going to need Vandalblast to take out the artifacts of those players who are using artifact mana instead of land ramp.
To get more out of the land destruction, you could add effects to increase the number of lands people play and disrupt their ability to use those lands, like Storm Cauldron, Ghirapur Orrery, Rites of Spring, and Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger.
Overlaid Terrain might be worth it if you are planning to destroy all your lands anyway.
You could cut Multani since it's hard to exploit his land bounce much, so he's just a fat beater most of the time.
1 week ago
I really like your list and your primer is pretty solid but can you add a "why I dont play X" section to your primer? I would like to know of the cards that you know to be too powerful for your 75% build so I can upgrade this list for a more competitive meta while still keeping the toolbox theme. Basically I want to make the most broken version of this deck. It can also help some people understand why you run cards like Archaeomancer over Snapcaster Mage or Regal Behemoth over Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger. I would really appreciate this and thank you for all of your help. I already consider this to be the best toolbox deck in sultai colors so keep it up!
2 weeks ago
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is also good. Allows you to play 2 big things each turn and slows your opponents.
2 weeks ago
Excellent stuff. Omnath, Locus of Mana was also my first EDH Commander - he's so much fun. I wanted to share a few notable cards in my deck that I don't see here:
More great cards that enable pumping Omnath, cheating creatures, and wincon Seedborn Muse Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger Elvish Piper (Have you ever cheated in Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre T3? It's a good feeling. Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
All together that's a great deck list you have! May Omnath always be nom'ing.
1 month ago
Nissa, Worldwaker is a great planeswalker for this (using her second +1 of course), as is Garruk Wildspeaker for ramp. Exploration and Burgeoning are great for additional land drops. Temple of the False God is an important land too. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is just an excellent way to help yourself and wreck your opponents. You'll definitely want to run Extraplanar Lens, Gauntlet of Power, Caged Sun, and Vernal Bloom for further ramp. A Gilded Lotus, and Thran Dynamo are good mana fixers too. I love Omnath as a commander. Check out my deck Welcome to the Jungle (Omnath fun and games). He's my favorite one.
1 month ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
1 month ago
Let's get you some wincons, and fix that landbase.
First: Landbase. Basic stuff, manarocks, and better land cards, and a touch of fetchlands to get us rocking and rolling. Then, guess what, you're playing green. Congrats, you get the luxury of a vast array of tasty morsels called ramp spells, so we'll take advantage of that.
Next, let's look at capitalizing on your commander's strengths: Card draw. We'll add in card draw, and some hand size manipulation to help manage it, along with some ways to make use of all that mana you gain and cards you draw.
- Storm Sculptor + Tishana, Voice of Thunder
Now for some wincons:
-Devastation Tide +Goblin Cannon (with your upcoming infinite mana/card draw combos, draw into this, then ping everyone for infinite damage and win, the ability stacks as many times as you pay the mana for it, before sacrificing itself).
-Spelltwine. - River's Rebuke
-Ghostly Flicker +Aphetto Alchemist (equip bracers to alphetto, tap to untap it and target manarock or kydele for aother infinite mana combo, once you have infinite combos going, you can take multiple turns, draw out your whole deck with psychosis or lab maniac or tishana, or empyrial plate, etc)
Other infinite combos you can look for are Sword of the Paruns or Umbral Mantle equipped to kydele if she's drawn enough cards. The possibilities are vast, just a matter of finding yourself a bit of room for those cards, which shouldn't be too hard. However I'm also aware of budgets, I know I've suggested a LOT of changes, many that you might need to purchase, and while the individual cards aren't too pricey, collectively it's a lot once you look at all the changes. But if you're personally looking to take your deck to the next level, I'll add some more blingy suggestions at the end of this comment.
Last couple of swaps to make:
The bling: Staff of Domination (more kydele comboing)
other cards to consider would be a touch more cantrips and counterspells? Depends on local meta, how often you need to stop people from preventing your comboing off: Pact of Negation Muddle the Mixtures Brainstorm Mystical Tutor