|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition III (ME3)||Uncommon|
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Uncommon|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Uncommon|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Arabian Nights (ARN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target permanent.
Desert Twister Discussion
1 month ago
Whitehamma, sorry for the wait. I've had a little bit of time to mull over additional feedback.
Also, weird tangential thought but your name makes me think of this clip Black Hammer & White Lightning from Major League II. I highly doubt your name is a reference to an obscure early 90's sports comedy...eh my age is probably showing lol.
Without the deck primer, what would you swap? - Whitehamma
Okay, feedback. First, lets start with what you're missing, and how we can compensate - You have little Draw and interaction in the deck. As previously mentioned, the following are must haves:
- Beast Within - this is mandatory, you arguing. It shuts down other players when they're trying to combo out and assume you having nothing because you're mono green and have mana left open.
- Krosan Grip - excellent removal for those pesky Aetherflux Reservoir s, Paradox Engine s and other combo enablers.
- Desert Twister - Expensive CMC wise, but it seems to fit the Vorthos mindset you have going on here. Seems like a nice flavorful Wurm-y spell.
- Borrowing the East Wind - Exotic, and definitely in the realm of "nobody would expect this" - but monetarily it's pricey like Sylvan Library. Worth mentioning as you could just wtf bash a whole table in if you have a slight life lead.
- Drop of Honey - Exotic as well and also very unexpected for monogreen. If you happen to have one, i'd say it'd be a fun include...as the majority of your creatures are huge - but the monetary pricetag is ridiculous. thought i'd toss this one in just in case you happened to have been sitting on one, and didn't realize it. Ya never know.
- Triumph of the Hordes - an alternate wincon in monogreen for your deck. Worth the price (monetarily)
- Heroic Intervention - a good card to play when someone decides to wrath or a good response when an opponent gets cheeky when assigning blockers.
What to Remove?
Now that's a hard question. Mostly because 1. I don't know your meta, 2. I don't know your playstyle/preferences, 3. budget. I guess I can just toss some ideas of what I think doesn't really work...and well leave it at that.
- Temur Sabertooth - i'm not following the purpose of this card in this deck. Unless you're abusing ETB triggers. This would seem like diminishing returns though, as none of your creatures have a "ETB untap all lands you control" - i'd pursue a creature that would better interact with this, or just cut it.
- Seedborn Muse - playing magic on other people's turns if fun, but as far as i'm tracking you don't have more than one card that can really take advantage of all that open mana. Unless i'm missing something, these cards are a niche strategy that don't seem central to your deck's themes - i'd cut them both.
Those are my thoughts, let me know what I was completely wrong about, and what was thought provoking.
1 month ago
2 months ago
CREATURES - I've already told you this, but due to the nature of your deck and simply due to the sheer amount of elves at your disposal, I'd suggest ~35 creatures to put in your deck, although there are more good elves out there that aren't currently in your deck (such as Skyshroud Poacher ), a non-elf creature that has great synergy in your deck is Protean Hulk .
Wild Pair , this card is GREAT in a tribal deck, nonetheless a mono-green Elf deck. As once this card is on the battlefield anytime you cast an elf you'll search your deck for another and put it directly on the battlefield; this works for all your elves except for the following four elves Druid of the Cowl , Sylvan Advocate , Talara's Battalion , Steel Leaf Champion ).
An alternative to Wild Pair, or another great enchantment to have, is Hibernation's End as it does what Wild Pair does but better as it guarantees a creature on your field every turn that it's on the field.
Possible cards to get rid of:
Warped Landscape , Evolving Wilds , and Terramorphic Expanse these cards are, despite their commander staple nature, entirely unnecessary as you're mono-green and every land you have minus one is a forest. Ideally, in my opinion, you want 33 lands in your deck.
Presence of Gond , as it's only creatures one elf, and your better off attacking with the tapped elf (or tapping one of your mana dorks for mana) due to your commander
Desert Twister , this spell is too high of a cost for it's simple removal, and while mono-green doesn't have much creature removal, creature removal in green is your own creatures.
Prism Ring , this artifact is also necessary as it more so helps early game and while it works well in tandem with your commander, in an average game it'll gain you 10-15 life on your own. And while it's a nice artifact, and a cheap one at that, it doesn't progress you towards any sort of tactic or strategy towards winning.
Tutors: What you really need are ways to speed up your deck and get out specific cards that you need/want. You already have Primal Command which is great, but you specifically need ways to get any of your artifacts out as all of them are great and help you get going to smash faces in. As such, some ways to tutor are:
Inventors' Fair , this is a land, that I think you should swap with Temple of the False God , as you already have so much mana and mana dorks that an extra 2 colorless isn't that much of a loss in comparison to a have to tutor for Bow of Nylea , Rhonas's Monument , or Door of Destinies .
2 months ago
cdkime A huge yes to the Seven Towers. And I was thinking Inception for the dream world; I haven't gotten to any of the Wheel of Time series. Sounds like the same sort of inspiration, though. The Underdark and Avatar ones were my inspiration for those first two.
5 months ago
The eldrazi are taking orders from Bolas? Wow, what a wild wormhole we have gone into. I do not doubt Bolas is powerful, but post-mending Bolas that lost to Ajani of all things, will not be able to command interplanar beings.
And how did you decide that Kozilek is red (he draws a lot of cards in both incarnations)? Or that Ulamog is black (who destroys/exiles permanents, a green ability since the days of Desert Twister )?
6 months ago
6 months ago
$20ish Budget way to make Yisan very fast:
Add in Arbor Elf , Fyndhorn Elves , Wirewood Symbiote , Seeker of Skybreak , Temur Sabertooth , Priest of Titania , Elvish Archdruid , Boreal Druid , Devoted Druid , Great Oak Guardian , Autumn's Veil , Nature's Claim , Natural State , Caustic Caterpillar , Reclamation Sage , Desert Twister , Copperhorn Scout , Wood Elves , Somberwald Stag , Manglehorn , Marwyn, the Nurturer , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Leaf Gilder , Heart Warden , Fyndhorn Elder
Drop out Taunting Elf , Verdant Force , Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger , Wild Beastmaster , Worldspine Wurm , Pathbreaker Ibex , Mycoloth , Kamahl, Fist of Krosa , Gyre Sage , Giant Adephage , Elvish Piper , Cultivator of Blades , Bramble Elemental , Avenger of Zendikar , Tooth and Nail , See the Unwritten , Triumph of the Hordes , Overrun , Overwhelming Stampede , Overrun , Genesis Wave , Explosive Vegetation , Zendikar Resurgent , Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Umbral Mantle , Lifecrafter's Bestiary
Total of 26 swaps.
The switches lists speed the deck up and make it win through an easy and efficient combo, all fetchable by Yisan. The combo uses Great Oak Guardian , Temur Sabertooth , and Wirewood Symbiote . With these and enough mana producing creatures, you get infinitely large creatures or with 1 more mana, infinitely large creatures and infinite mana, and untaps which can be put into Yisan to fetch Caterhoof and give the team trample.
All together, the deck will also run enough early-game interaction like Caustic Caterpillar , Manglehorn , Reclamation Sage , Natural State , Nature's Claim , the already run Lignify and Acidic Slime , and catch-alls like Desert Twister and Yisan fetchables like Somberwald Stag .
How does this sound?
7 months ago
This is a really fun topic; thanks everyone! It got me searching for more. Here are a few ...
Desert Twister occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%