Back:Spires of Orazca
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
, : Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
At the beginning of your end step, if you control seven or more lands, transform Thaumatic Compass.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (27)||ecurps , GoldGhost012 , Brandbrower21 , dekayd747 , jwitzleben , burnedbread , Reliva , PhotogenicParasympathetic , Hakira , saj0219 , dizzierabit , Skulldrey , Daddy1ong1egs13 , Spinalripper , Venser_the_Sojoner , duff87 , Big-Foot , Esquire_ , philktoken8998 , firemind12 , Dimarx , MattN7498 , NivStormfront , The_Munchkin , gildan_bladeborn , LeroyJones , lorddarkstar|
|Want (4)||gosora , bolke , Cunningcrow , diestoremoval|
Thaumatic Compass Discussion
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
Thank you for your suggestions EDedan
Wayward Swordtooth and Broken Bond help us ramp from our hand and not library so i dislike that idea...although Wayward Swordtooth would help with retrieving Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar from the graveyard and is a big beater...that might be a good idea ill try that out.
Sylvan Awakening is a good idea, I saw it but wasn't sure how good it'd be...it would be nice to push through for the kill.
Jadelight Ranger, Merfolk Branchwalker, and Ixalli's Diviner utilize the explore mechanic and since it does help with card draw filtering, I have been using treasure map and Thaumatic Compass for filters and card draw...ill play around with the numbers and see how it flows...
thanks again for your input
1 week ago
I also might consider Rule of Law/Arcane Laboratory/Eidolon of Rhetoric, since you can cast most of your deck at instant speed and thus bypass the restrictions, and shut down many competitive combo decks at the same time. On a similar note, As Foretold would work wonders here.
More broadly, I'm not sure what...you're actually doing with this deck? No offense intended, but without a description, I can't see what the plan is here. Is the goal just to control/stax everyone until you can play a big legendary beater like Kozilek?
1 week ago
I'd go up to 23 or 24 lands.
If your luck is anything like mine, you'll be stuck with three Plains on board, and a handful of 5CMC Angels.
1 week ago
I left in a couple World Shaper because I do like that getting lands out of library and into graveyard helps Multani and Excavator/Wayward, and even Mending.
Its a work in progress, input greatly appreciated!
2 weeks ago
So here are some suggestions, feel free to accept/ignore them as much as you want :).
1) I think the biggest issue your deck faces is that you are running a lot of cards that aren't terribly impactful in a 40 life, multiplayer format. For example, most of your card draw is either a one-off effect or tied to another spell that doesn't do a whole lot (i.e. Peppersmoke or Brainbite). I'd suggest adding card draw effects which either accumulate you more cards (i.e. Fact or Fiction, Stroke of Genius, etc.) or even better, are repeatable effects (i.e. Greed, Mystic Remora, Bident of Thassa, etc). Repeatable effects are key in EDH.
2) You are using a lot of spaces in your deck for effects that give your creatures evasion. I don't think you really need that much because most of your creatures already have evasive abilities. If you do want to devote some space however, there are much stronger options that you could consider like Whispersilk Cloak, Mask of Riddles, Sword of Feast and Famine and its siblings, Dauthi Embrace, Thassa, God of the Sea, Cloak and Dagger, etc.
3) Here is an obligatory promotion for Cyclonic Rift and Rite of Replication in any blue deck. Also, you probably want to run a couple more board wipes. Decree of Pain, Toxic Deluge, and Black Sun's Zenith are great. You also might want some more ramp. Talisman of Dominance, Sol Ring, Mind Stone, Hedron Archive, and Thaumatic Compass Flip are all really great options.
4) Alongside repeatable effects, flexible cards are extremely powerful in EDH. You are going tribal here, so a card like Vanquisher's Banner would be amazing. It boosts your tribe and provides card draw. Herald's Horn is another option.
5) I think you could be running a stronger removal package as well. Instead of running tap effects, why not just run straight kill spells like Hero's Downfall, Silence the Believers, Vraska's Contempt, Attrition, etc.?
Lastly, I'll leave you with my deck Pocket Sand. Feel free to take ideas from it. It isn't a rogue/faerie tribal deck and it plays a more political game than yours, but it is similar to your deck in that it likes to use small, evasive creatures to out value opponents to eventually win the game.
Good luck deck building! +1
P.S. Some of the cards that I suggested aren't very budget friendly, but there are tons of cheaper replacements that do almost the same thing.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
love the deck! mine is super similar, except i have the other tezzeret as my commnader. some artifacts i think would be great is Thaumatic Compass Flip, Noxious Gearhulk, and Torrential Gearhulk. hope this is helpful :)