Traverse the Ulvenwald
Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Delirium — If there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, instead search your library for a creature or land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
|Have (3)||lizardwarrior , , metalmagic|
|Want (2)||asan521 , JawnWayne|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Traverse the Ulvenwald Discussion
3 weeks ago
- Sylvan Library: after reading and rereading Valakut Exploration again and again I am just solidly convinced that in this deck that Valakut Exploration is just better in every way except cost and fixing for mana to play it in early game.
- Avenger of Zendikar: After much thought I just think Scute Swarm just plays a lot better due to it's lower CMC and greater value over time.
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip: As a value engine it's underwhelming. It plays to the theme but you're only really upticking Nissa for the +1 on a vulnerable body (planeswalkers usually don't last very long in any multiplayer game).
- Valakut Exploration: Just a better Sylvan Library in this deck, I completely misread this at first thinking that the ability to play was tied to the enchantment being on the battlefield but even if this gets removed you can still play things exiled with it. All around a good card (also sweet art).
- Scute Swarm: The ability to effectively double its number with every landfall is a very enticing prospect. Less explosive than Avenger of Zendikar and you will have to time landfalls to get around summoning sickness (also sweet art).
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip: Graveyard recursion/land, I really want to give this a try as second Eternal Witness that also doubles as a land, not fetchable and can't be tutored with Traverse the Ulvenwald so I don't expect a massive performance bump, but redundancy of such a key effect is always welcome.
- Ancient Tomb: Early game mana, you don't take damage while a Glacial Chasm is out, all in all just a way to get going.
Umming and Erring
- Valakut Awakening Flip: Instant speed hand refresh. Would be much better as a discard effect. Not sure if this is worth it or what it would replace.
- Cragcrown Pathway Flip: When I looked over the land base I just think that since these cards don't have a basic land type, that they're not that good. They're not fetchable and don't add anything new to the deck.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle: I've wanted to add this back into the deck since Dryad of the Ilysian Grove was printed. It adds the ability to bolt and could be an effective utility land, however there's the issue of figuring out which utility land would be cut to fit it in.
2 months ago
Random cards that came to mind: Fatal Push over Disfigure, Thoughtseize, Inquisition of Kozilek, Collective Brutality, Maelstrom Pulse instead of Bile Blight, Liliana of the Veil helps fill your 'yard and is yet another card type for Delirium, Veil of Summer for the sideboard, Tarmogoyf since it could be upwards of a two mana 7/8, Traverse the Ulvenwald as another way to tutor creatures & lands, Castle Locthwain to help make sure you don't run out of gas, Overgrown Tomb, Woodland Cemetery, and Blooming Marsh to fix your mana, and Fetchlands to help get you to Delirium faster.
3 months ago
Some green ramp upgrades I've been looking into include:
Traverse the Ulvenwald - G to fix your mana or later G to Tutor a Creature you need for your combo or any land.
Once Upon a Time - Free or 1G and you can dig 5 cards deep to find another Land/Creature.
3 months ago
Seems legit I love the inclusion of the new radha. It seems like a great value engine with tirelesstracker. Have you considered running Traverse the Ulvenwald since you already have a lot of delirium synergy in the deck. I find that it is nice to be able to grab a scavenging ooze whenever I need one and it really helps when looking for silver bullets. Just food for thought,though I absolutely love the list as is.
4 months ago
I really like this! Red and black aren't usually my thing, but this is cool. Avenger of Zendikar is amazing in landfall decks, though I know the price can turn people off. As for more budget-friendly ideas, Traverse the Ulvenwald is ok early, but can be used later as a creature tutor or to grab any land. Springbloom Druid is great in landfall decks, and Evolution Sage's proliferate could help Windgrace by keeping him pumped. Not sure if these are the kind of stuff you're going for, and I do apologize for not having more knowledge of red/black. Oh also! I use Walking Atlas in my cartography deck, and it can really help to push lands out. It's vulnerable to removal, but very useful early. Resolving it's effect at least twice usually makes it a worthwhile play.
4 months ago
BRG24 thanks a ton or the ideas and perspective! Traverse is a great suggestion though because the versatility. I think I will play test a little more before I swap Mausoleum Secrets for Traverse the Ulvenwald. Also delirium lets it find Inkmoth Nexus which I think is funny. I actually considered Phyrexian Soulgorger when I first created the deck. It does have a added benefit of helping towards delirium but the creature itself is pretty bad. If I cant win within a turn of playing it, I lose it and or all my other creatures (comparatively I just have to topdeck if I have a regisaur - both have downsides but I think the dino is better). As for Collective Brutality... I actually have one of my own! I do agree it is felxible but I am not sure if it beats my other removal. Inquisition is cheaper and trophy/decay both hit more stuff. It would add more sorceries which would be nice for delirium and has optional discard but for now I will put a pin on it. I will keep it in mind as this deck evolves.
4 months ago
This is a really cool deck, I’m tempted to build something like it now. If you can manage to get the delirium working, I’d recommend maybe using Traverse the Ulvenwald. Personally I prefer it over Mausoleum Secrets since it can grab you lands to help you curve out, and can eventually tutor up all you creatures, rather than just black ones. If you do try and get delirium to fit here, I would also recommend maybe swapping out the Rotting Regisaur for Phyrexian Soulgorger, since they are similar creatures, but the soulgorger adds artifact for getting to delirium. Not sure if this necessarily the direction you want to go, but might be an idea to consider. I look forward to see how this deck evolves in the future!
5 months ago
I have Traverse the Ulvenwald, So I can search her up after I cast Tamiyo.