Back:Metzali, Tower of Triumph
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Path of Mettle
When Path of Mettle enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to each creature that doesn't have first strike, double strike, vigilance, or haste.
Whenever you attack with at least two creatures that have first strike, double strike, vigilance, and/or haste, transform Path of Mettle.
Path of Mettle Discussion
4 months ago
Sorry if i repeatly reply this. Im just excited building this sisay too ;)
I tested with Bolas's Citadel last night. Its a good addition imo. Can tutor it with sisay and basically play for free mana from top deck repeatly.
9 months ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
11 months ago
Seems a bit high on lands since the curve is quite low and Path of Mettle Flip also turns into a land. I'd cut the guildgates. Settle the Wreckage doesn't fit the theme well, you might be better off just running an extra creature instead.
1 year ago
That would depend on what way you want to go. You could go more human route since most of your creatures are humans. If that is the case i would remove Earthshaker Khenra I previously suggested for Champion of the Parish or Non Human Goblin Guide would fit in here pretty well possibly in the angel spot to make it just more agro early turn.
I am not sure if I like Dauntless Bodyguard in here after second look it just feels slow since your a rush down deck. you need something faster. Guide in that spot works well as well as Glory-Bound Initiate
Personally I am not a fan of Cartouche of Solidarity as turn 1-3 that mana could be used for a creature.
You could also go lighter on the spells, and include Thalia, Guardian of Thraben which screws over a lot of decks that are heavy on spells.
Chained to the Rocks Could a be decent card if you have mountains consistently and face a lot of creature decks.
As for side Rest in Peace, and Stony Silence is good. If there is budget restrictions maybe can work on a more budget side. Tormod's Crypt, or Relic of Progenitus are both really good also and possibly better in budget. Abrade is also good side budget.
1 year ago
Tocatli Honor Guard actually hurts a few of your creatures so you might want to take it out or move it to the sideboard. I'd also replace your Siege-Gang Commander with another Kwende. Path of Mettle Flip would be a pretty fun addition to this deck. Knight of Grace or Sunhome Stalwart would be nice two drops to replace some of your utility creatures if you'd prefer to keep those in the sideboard.
1 year ago
Heroic Reinforcements is a card I've been considering for a while. It can instantly trigger Path of Mettle Flip without other creatures on board, but otherwise seems a bit mediocre. I'm trying it as a 1-of for now, but might consider upping the count if you think it's worthwhile.
1 year ago
When you flicker a DFC like Path of Mettle Flip, it enters the battlefield as a new object with no memory of its previous existence, including whether or not it was transformed, so it will come back in "day-side" up. So if your DFC is Metzali, Tower of Triumph when you flicker it with Felidar Guardian, it will re-enter the battlefield as Path of Mettle Flip.
1 year ago
No data for this card yet.