|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander (2016 Edition)||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has hexproof and haste.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||raymaverick97 , DudeMan1031 , tragic_slip , JamesArget , Swamy , RubyStrings , PTsmitty , mentor6 , Falte , Sparky41 , MoJoMiXuP , pskinn01 , gildan_bladeborn , Mousemke|
|Want (3)||Turtlelover73 , Pylioz , Ariumlegion|
Swiftfoot Boots Discussion
11 hours ago
Hey! This is Eden. First off, this seems like a fun budget build. I'm liking what you put together. This comment is just to give you some ideas if you decide to tune the list further.
For starters, you have some really weak cards, and there are some cards that are generally good with Nin that aren't terribly expensive that you could run. The cards that seem particularly weak to me are: Goblin Electromancer, Goblin Flectomancer, Bloodshot Cyclops, and maybe just the quantity of creature steal and sac outlets. People aren't always playing relevant creatures, and once you have a sac outlet, you don't need another. You could cut a few sac outlets for cheap tutors. You also have this instant and sorcery sub theme going on that's just kinda halfway there. I would suggest cutting that. Also, you play two cards that combo with Kiki-Jiki: Zealous Conscripts and Pestermite. So you have three combo cards. Typically, you want your combo cards to be useful outside of the combo as well. Zealous Conscripts is your strategy, so it's good. Kiki-Jiki copies some interesting creatures, but you really don't have a lot of targets for it. With the stealing it does get a bit better. Pestermite is just terrible outside of that combo. I would strongly suggest cutting it.
I would suggest adding: Stuffy Doll, Darksteel Myr (indestructible means you can hit it for as much as you want with Nin), Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind, Thought Vessel, Swiftfoot Boots, Lightning Greaves, Basilisk Collar, Illusionist's Bracers, Vedalken Shackles. Tutors like Fabricate, Whir of Invention, Gamble, Mystical Tutor, and Muddle the Mixture can also help add consistency to the deck.
Overall, you have a strategy that doesn't revolve around Nin. This is fine, I often build my decks that way, but it's important that the decision be conscious. Many of the cards I suggested make the deck more Nin-centric. If you add them, you'll be more focused on playing and resolving Nin each game; however, the power that it offers can be worth it. I just want to be clear that my suggestions change the direction of your deck a bit, and I'm not sure if you want that. Anyway, I'm excited to play against it! Cheers!
1 day ago
Definitely add Homeward Path, you never know when having opponent's creatures on the battlefield might end up backfiring for you.
I love this deck, and I wanna help with it, maybe consider adding Champion's Helm and Swiftfoot Boots. Given Olivia's ability, you absolutely don't wanna lose control of her if you can help it, be it through dying, another control effect like Bribery, or death.
Also, EDH is a format where there's almost always going to be somebody at the table in the same colour scheme as you are (think that its a multiplayer format where is arguably the 2nd strongest colour, and most players will have 2,3, or 4 colour schemes), so I'd also suggest going for the classic Murder instead of Doom Blade. Yeah it costs another , but it'll save your skin when you've got an unblockable Volrath the Fallen on your hands, or when something like Phage the Untouchable comes to get you.
You don't have to remove Doom Blade if you don't want, but in EDH I've never been a fan of it. Its more of a modern side-board card in my eyes.
1 day ago
Needs more card draw. you could do it with things like "jace's archivist" or other windfall effects too. sanity grind is a good mill too. possibly do an unblockable theme and cipher cards? Mask of Riddles, Swiftfoot Boots, Stolen Identity.
3 days ago
Darksteel Ingot seems too slow and Fellwar Stone is going to produce colorless for you pretty often, since blue and green are pretty popular colors. Both are comparable to Mardu Banner. Also consider Chromatic Lantern, I consider it mandatory in 3+ color decks and most would agree that it's good.
Swiftfoot Boots is another way to give Kaalia haste. Blade of Selves would be pretty bonkers in a deck with Kaalia, ntm the ETB effects on a lot of creatures. Strionic Resonator is another way to copy triggered abilities like Kaalia's.
Also, I think I've seen another Kaalia deck on here with this title.
4 days ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
6 days ago
Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper might not be a treefolk, but they help.
Verdeloth the Ancient is a lord who can also vomit a lot of tokens down.
Abzan Beastmaster is some draw power.
Gift of the Deity, Burgeoning, Cankerous Thirst, Rending Vines, Life/Death, Worldslayer all seem a bit lakcluster. I get what you are going for with World but it isn't that amazing. Swiftfoot Boots seem great for this very voltronny deck.
1 week ago
Mass Calcify blows up all your equipment. Why not just use Wrath of God or Day of Judgment? Oblivion Ring is flexible removal you can tutor for. Buried Ruin is a nice utility land that can retrieve a key piece of equipment that's been destroyed. Argivian Find has the same effect. Open the Armory is a second Steelshaper's gift. Silverblade Paladin is a second Fireshrieker effect and a good voltron target in its own right. On that note: why no Fireshrieker--it effectively cuts the game in half? Lightning Greaves prevents you from equipping anything else to your own dudes; replace with Swiftfoot Boots. Mother of Runes is a must run.
Land Tax, Path to Exile, and Jitte should not be "maybes"; they should be in the deck.
1 week ago
Mightyhulk1, Hey man! Thanks for the upvote and im happy to give some suggestions to make it a bit cheaper. If you stick to the discard hellbent ability and tribal theme then you can easily cut some of the pricier splashier cards.
First off the more expensive lands can be swapped out, Bloodstained Mire for any colour relevant panorama, Blood Crypt and Sulfurous Springs for some tap lands, strip mine for Ghost Quarter and finally Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth could just come out for a basic swamp or another tap land.
Arifacts can change by ditching the swords and greaves for cheaper alternatives. Change greaves to Swiftfoot Boots and then the swords can be replaced with any budget equipment you think fits with the rest of the deck or that you simply enjoy playing!
Enchantments can be cut down by replacing Aggravated Assault with Berserkers' Onslaught as it is still giving you that extra push but doesnt allow you to pull off any combos or trickery with multiple combat phases.
Creatures can be cut really simply to just focus more on the tribal aspect so replacing pricey creatures with other minotaurs is the easy/quick way to go about it. Its hard to say what kind of price tag we are going to see on Hazoret the Fervent but to replace her simply look at what she's doing for the deck and find a suitable replacement. The card is giving us a great late game discard outlet which ties nicely with our commander, so replacing her with a self discard enchantment or spell is a good choice. Same goes for Sheoldred, the Whispering One, she is really great recursion so again, replace her with a recursion enchantment, artifact, spell or otherwise!
Finally the more expensive spells are Kolaghan's Command and Insurrection. Replace command with a card that gives you one of its four abilities depending on your play style, e.g more burn, recursion, hand hate or artifact hate. Then replace Insurrection with something like Besmirch that does the same effect just on one creature. I prefer besmirch over Act of Treason in this situation purely because EDH is the 'fun' format and its a bit more interesting to play with and for your fellow players to play against!
I hope some of this has helped, if needs be I can still throw together a cheaper alternative when I have the time. Going from what ive suggested here you should be able to shave off around $100.