|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has hexproof and haste.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (37)||raymaverick97 , tragic_slip , JamesArget , xXThormentXx , Falte , plof , mentor6 , Friedrice24 , TehDelta , cryptoplasm , frederiklw , darthnuchi , LegendDeer , Oskani , ironax , Lucretian , DarkMagician , aeonstoremyliver , gildan_bladeborn , SpaghettiToastBook , Psycheretic , Mousemke , sonnet666 , bustinchops , bakunet , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , SirCorey , , 8vomit , Candyman949 , miracle , mziter501 , DudeMan1031 , Reliva , hardhitta71194 , MattN7498|
|Want (9)||Turtlelover73 , Pylioz , Ariumlegion , accioali , Desol4tion , Jose_Arrogantio , georgehades , sneferie , The_Munchkin|
Swiftfoot Boots Discussion
4 hours ago
Nice! Well made Boros deck!
Infiltration Lens may draw you some cards when your opponents are forced to block.
You'll probably want Swiftfoot Boots, Mind Stone, Coalition Relic, Worn Powerstone, Chromatic Lantern, or a few other ramp options. She costs 6 mana total so you need to get her out as fast as possible to be most effective.
Hope some of that helps! +1 for Elspeth :)
1 day ago
Very nice build and very impressive description. +1
I havent read it all (horrible ADD) but curious why no generic tribal stuff like Mutavault, Metallic Mimic, Stoneforge Masterwork, Obelisk of Urd, Door of Destinies. Also perhaps Caged Sun to further turn tokens into threats outside of fodder. I like Swiftfoot Boots to complement Lightning Greaves since Ib so critical to strategy, and Elixir of Immortality in case your Crucible gets exiled or stolen.
1 day ago
I saw apocalypse and obliterate in your maybe board. I would add Jokulhaups and then actually put them in the deck. It isn't a particularly nice or friend winning strategy but it really pushes Jhoira to a level of her own when you get these things set up with a few big things coming in behind them. Very few people can recover fast enough to deal with the incoming beating and anyone that does cast something to deal with it you can throw a counter spell at.
Avatar of Slaughter is a good one after an obliterate with a few eldrazi.
You have Omniscience which is good because your deck falls apart if you can't cheat costs but I might add Quicksilver Amulet too. Maybe more protection like Swiftfoot Boots? The deck really is a glass canon...
2 days ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
2 days ago
If you swap out Watery Grave and Drowned Catacomb for more affordable lands, this could be a really good budget Dimir Rogue Tribal. Maybe replace one of them for Unclaimed Territory and the other for Dismal Backwater, I don't think it would be that bad. You could even make a case for Swiftfoot Boots instead of Lightning Greaves for even more budget options.
2 days ago
Magus of the Candelabra could be a good cut since it really only synergizes with Nykthos. Perhaps this card would be worth it if you also ran Growing Rites of Itlimoc . Though, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds seems like a better fit in general.
Verdeloth the Ancient and Dauntless Dourbark are kind of meh since you don't have enough Treefolk to good along with them. Avenger of Zendikar could be a better option than Verdeloth at least.
Timbermare is kind of a double edged sword since it also taps your creatures and 5 free damage isn't enough to warrant its cost, if this was a Yeva deck I could see it, but it is not great here.
Heroic Intervention seems a bit too reactive rather than proactive, this could be something like Swiftfoot Boots. The Hexproof will protect from targeted removal just as well and even if they do kill your threat, the 1 mana haste will just let you swing back in the following turn.
I also don't see any synergy with Walking Ballista so it could also get cut if need be. Same for Aetherflux Reservoir, you really need to commit to a life-gain strategy to make that card worth it. Sure it gains you life on its own, but how many spells do you normally play in a turn? If I wagered a guess, I would say 2-4, but even at the high end that isn't much in this format.
3 days ago
Warstorm Surge, Iona, Shield of Emeria, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Blinding Angel, Heroes' Podium, Armageddon, Ravages of War, Ruination are all Staples in a Kaalia deck. You're going to get hated out super fast everytime you flip your commander over because she does awful things to people so you need to be ready to do degenerate things right back like blowing up all lands on turn 4-5 after Kaalia hits the board.
You could cut a lot of stuff like Basandra/Serra Angel/Firemane for anything listed above.
4 days ago
Swiftfoot Boots is another good equipment.
Trinket Mage fetches for 1 or less so Ancient Den an Vault of Whispers are a goo include, and Welding Jar might not be bad either. Also it could fetch a Phyrexian Dreadnought to combo with a Torpor Orb, Nimble Obstructionist, or Stifle.
Necropotence is an insane card draw engine.
And finally Sorin Markov would make a great planeswalker.