|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has hexproof and haste.
Swiftfoot Boots Discussion
4 hours ago
1 day ago
Awesome! It's actually blisteringly fast for such a budget build! A few suggestions:
I wonder whether Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves might be a valuable addition. The only thing worse that a pumped up beastie is one that can't be targeted - though I recognise that this amps the budget a little, and also turns it into pseudo bogles.
22 land is a lot for such a small curve. Could you cut a few to amp the equipment?
Really great idea and brew. Nice work!
3 days ago
Depends why you want protection.
Those are just some of equipments btw, theres more than I can remember off the top of my head, and also theres about a trillion enchantments that I can't really help with without knowing colours (I mean your prolly white but idk).
As for doing all at once, besides whispersilk theres not much; which is prolly why the swords are so damn expensive. However, these aren't colour restrictive, which is nice
3 days ago
Mirri the Cursed would be a nice addition too. Twilight Prophet will shine in this deck: vampiric tribe + card advantage. Just don't forget to protect your most important cards. I think Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves would be a solution.
4 days ago
I run a home-brewed Creatureless Yennett Spellslinger deck. It is fairly consistent and threatens to win, if unanswered, usually by Turns 4 - 6.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 105 | 114 COMMENTS | 9070 VIEWS | IN 24 FOLDERS
1) You mentioned your meta runs a lot of removals so protecting Yennett is key. I'd recommend adding in more low CMC counterspells (e.g. Swan Song ) or even funky cards like Silence and Orim's Chant .
2) There're also some budget options that can protect Yennett from spot removals:
3) Another way to combat removals/board wipes, is to speed up the deck and out value your opponents before they can find/draw into their answers. Yennett ain't cheap to cast at . The number of lands and mana rocks you play are on the low side and I'd recommend that you increase the numbers to ensure that Yennett can be summoned asap. This would also help you combat the issue of the deck being "very slow".
Hopefully you find the above suggestions useful and you can draw some inspirations from my deck. Feel free to leave any comments, suggestions or give an upvote on my deck page too. Cheers!
5 days ago
This deck looks awesome!
The new Birthing Pod on legs, Prime Speaker Vannifar would be right at home here, too.
6 days ago
Frenetic Sliver is another creature that will let you flip an arbitrarily large amount of coins.
Other creatures with decent coin-flip abilities are Goblin Archaeologist , Karplusan Minotaur and Mogg Assassin . You could also include Deadeye Quartermaster and Godo, Bandit Warlord if you're running equipment like Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots / Whispersilk Cloak for Okaun.
1 week ago
I don't know what kind of group you play with so I'm going to make a bunch of general sugestions.
- First off, you might benefit from some instant speed removal. Path to Exile Swords to Plowshares etc.
- Similar to above counterspells will help protect you enchanted creature and stop problems from hitting the board.
- If you do not like counterspells perhaps Brave the Elements effects or things like Valorous Stance or Sheltering Light etc.
- Board wipes are also useful in stopping decks that go wide from getting out of hand.
- If you want to keep your removal enchantment based Prison Term is good and you go further into Pacifism efects and/or Oblivion Ring effects.
- Idyllic Tutor and Plea for Guidance are a couple tutors to consider.
- Sram, Senior Edificer is another enchantress effect for auras.
- Some artifact ramp to speed your deck up could be good. Primarily 2 cmc rocks to play before your general. ex. Sol Ring Azorius Signet Talisman of Progress Fellwar Stone
- If you don't like the mana rock idea perhaps you could hate on other peoples. ex. Stony Silence Kataki, War's Wage Aura of Silence
- Sun Titan , Restoration Specialist , and Retether provide some more recursion.
- Sigarda's Aid is a staple in aura/equipment based decks.
- You seem to have most of the auras I like in the deck already but a few to consider are Flickering Ward , Gryff's Boon , Shielded by Faith , and Battle Mastery
- It might be worth branching into equipment for utility, Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots add some much needed haste.
- Last but not least Bastion Protector is good at both protecting your general and upping his power.
Hopefully some of this is helpful.
Swiftfoot Boots occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0,35%
G/U (Simic): 0,98%
W/U (Azorius): 1,55%
U/B (Dimir): 1,26%
U/R (Izzet): 0,88%
RW (Boros): 2,69%
GW (Selesnya): 1,08%
W/B (Orzhov): 0,56%
RBW (Mardu): 0,82%
W/U/B (Esper): 0,5%
U/B/R (Grixis): 0,61%
GWU (Bant): 0,8%