|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Reconnaissance
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Maze of Ith
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Breath of Fury
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Breath of Fury + Rogue's Passage + Sword of Feast and Famine
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Breath of Fury + Sword of Feast and Famine + Whispersilk Cloak
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Key to the City
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Selfless Spirit
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Karmic Guide
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Master of Cruelties
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Blinding Angel
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Angel of Invention
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Mentor of the Meek
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Buried Alive
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Entomb
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Burnished Hart
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Duplicant
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Gonti, Lord of Luxury
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Iroas, God of Victory
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Ponyback Brigade
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Siege-Gang Commander
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Solemn Simulacrum
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Priest of the Blood Rite
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Pia and Kiran Nalaar
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Noosegraf Mob
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Necrotic Sliver
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Duergar Hedge-Mage
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Avalanche Riders
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Disciple of Bolas
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Bone Shredder
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Big Game Hunter
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death
Legendary Creature — Human Warrior
Whenever Alesha, Who Smiles at Death attacks, you may pay . If you do, return target creature card with power 2 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped and attacking.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||EdenGardenz , CoolBeansBrattah , maR2307 , Lindough , YossarianLives , voidruby , Ellyreia , Dr_Doomtrain , MrCrazzyc , Regulus1010 , Famicomania , Snydog17 , joshw335 , thetechzombie , MlgMan67 , Njc12345 , Caldazar , ironax , buildingadeck , golgarigirl , metlguy , JAT0 , Clawsun73 , twistedmage , jhTheMan99 , , PTsmitty , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , GeminiSpartanX , TheAnnihilator|
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death Discussion
3 days ago
Thanks for the suggestions! Will in include Lord of Shatterskull Pass in the maybe pile. I'll see if I can play around with it for prolonged games.
I did consider going down the first strike + deathtouch route, but instead chose to prioritize lords (+1/+1) and trample. That sorta aggro is more my style. I'm actually considering trading my Felhide Petrifier's for Legion Loyalist, Deathrite Shaman or Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (if you check, all minotaur cards there will have a power of 2 in the graveyard!).
Anaba Shaman has too high a casting cost for what I'm comfortable with. If you check my mana curve, I only have two cards at that cost. Wanted a faster minotaur deck that can bring down cards early.
Thanks again for the suggestions!
6 days ago
Steffen8910: Thanks for commenting! Arcbound Overseer is really just a huge body that Alesha, Who Smiles at Death can reanimate. I didn't add it for any synergy with the deck, but just solely for it's 6/6 P/T. The fact that it grows is just a bonus! I guess I could use something like Solemn Simulacrum if it's on the field, but that would just be a chance thing.
RayRamos02 I might consider that, but the problem is it is mostly useless without the combo pieces, and people will remove it once they see that Karmic Guide is in the graveyard. 4 combo pieces for a combo is too much in my opinion!
6 days ago
As far as things to cut Alesha, Who Smiles at Death doesn't seem to have a lot of targets. Anything that doesn't seem to produce when you play it can be replaced. The best way to cut cards is to keep some paper with the deck, and everytime you draw a card and wish it was something else write it down. As you play the deck, you will see repeats once you have a card repeat 5 times or so it can go. It is hard to make cuts like this but it seems to be the most efficient way in my experience.
1 week ago
Some utility lands
Other "Good Stuff" in your colors
I hope this gives you some more ideas to brew with!
1 week ago
Honestly Alesha, Who Smiles at Death is just a better Kaalia in my opinion. She allows you to cheat out creatures just as easily and and doesn't have as bad a restriction. Plus the creatures you would use with Alesha lend to a more controlling deck which you would want against infinite combos.
1 week ago
The most common win-con is to go infinite with Karmic Guide and Reveillark. The idea is to get Reveillark and/or both in the graveyard, swing with Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, pay for her trigger and bring back Karmic Guide, which brings back Reveillark. You then want to sacrifice Reveillark with some type of outlet, like Goblin Bombardment, Ashnod's Altar or as seen in the video, Viscera Seer and when it dies, you bring back one other creature and Karmic Guide, which brings back the Reveillark again. Repeat the loop over and over until you win. With Goblin Bombardment, you can do infinite damage. With Ashnod's Altar, you can make infinite colorless mana. If you have one red open as well, you could play something like Fireball and kill everyone in one shot. Another way is to have that one other creature you bring back with Reveillark be Murderous Redcap, which again creates infinite damage or Solemn Simulacrum, which can draw cards until you find what you need. There's plenty of ways to go infinite with Alesha but the ones I listed first are probably the most common and easiest. Hope this helped.
2 weeks ago
@_ I hate to break it to you, but the interaction between Strionic Resonator and Master of Cruelties actually doesn't work that way. If you copy its triggered ability, it will just put the player Master of Cruelties is attacking to one again. You can change targets with Strionic Resonator, but the triggered ability on Master of Cruelties doesn't target.
I'm also not sure why you'd run Illusionist's Bracers in your deck. Alesha, Who Smiles at Death's reanimation effect is a triggered ability (which you can copy with Strionic Resonator), but not an activated ability. The same goes for the Master of Cruelties trigger. Illusionist's Bracers does not work with either one.
2 weeks ago
Hi Hiotoko, Thank you so much for all this help you're giving me, it means a lot!The reason I don't have Liliana's Caress in there is honestly because I don't know what to take out for it.Same with the other cards you've suggested, it took me ages to decide what to take out for them.My playgroup consists of a lot of creatures, we have Alesha, Who Smiles at Death,The Gitrog Monster and Daxos of Meletis and so on, with a couple of decks that rely on infinite combos such as Riku of Two Reflections