|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Mask of Memory
Artifact — Equipment
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you may draw two cards. If you do, discard a card.
Equip (: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery. This card enters the battlefield unattached and stays in play if the creature leaves the battlefield.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Mask of Memory Discussion
3 days ago
Hi jgee, If you are looking to build Odric I would suggest adding Knight of the White Orchid and Endless Horizons. Since you are in mono-white ramp and card draw are going to be hard. I see you already run Skullclamp but I would also add a Mask of Memory. Stonehewer Giant and Hammer of Nazahn are also very strong inclusions if you want to utilize more equipments.
I also have an Odric deck, it's mainly build as a 1vs1 commander but can easily stand its ground in multiplayer games. So if you're looking for inspiration, have a look> - Odric's Holy War -
Goodluck with the brewing!
4 days ago
Nice! I play pretty casually and play almost exclusively Boros colors, so here's my take:
- 1) 3.5. Skullclamp is really good in just about any token, sac or equipment deck.
- 2) 4. The only thing holding this back is the price.
- 3) 3. Not bad. The fact that you have to pay every time is annoying. Not quite as good as number 1.
- 4) 2.5. Not a huge fan. This basically eats up half your mana base and makes you the target of Strip Mines.
- 5) 2.5. Mask of Memory is pretty decent. Middle of the road.
- 6) 3. Solid. I like it.
- 7) 3. Good plan, Lifegain to mitigate paying life. Best with Necropotence.
- 8) 2. Still helps opponents, and normally discard outlets are useless without the deck being built around them.
- 9) 2. Tower of Fortunes is not really good if you don't have insane ramp. Better options out there.
- 10) 3.5. Nice!
- 11) 1. Just play Phyrexian Arena. Use Strionic Resonator for bigger trigger effects.
- 12) 2. Well of Lost Dreams is actually pretty good, but there are better lifegain effects than Peace of Mind. I like Inventors' Fair.
- 13) 2.5. You have to be pretty desperate to use this but it seems like it'd be okay sometimes.
- 14) 3.5. Tribal is always powerful.
- 15) 2.5. It's okay, kinda easy to interupt.
- 16) 3.5. I love Infiltration Lens!
- 17) 1. Little too janky and helps opponents.
- 18) 4. Because Slate of Ancestry is so good.
- 19) 1. I feel like there are better ways to repeat wheels. This one costs too much.
- 20) 5. My all time personal favorite. Humble Defector is good alone and my top two-drop in all my Boros/red decks.
So again, from a strictly Boros perspective, those are my thoughts. I'm sure you can see the biases and the ones I've actually tested haha!
Others to consider:
- Prophetic Flamespeaker + Sword of Fire and Ice
- Knollspine Dragon + Damage
- Commune with Lava + Neheb, the Eternal//other ramp
- Loreseeker's Stone + lots of mana
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser + lots of tokens
- Book of Rass + Lifegain if you're not in black/no necropotence
- Commander's Sphere + Sun Titan
- The Immortal Sun... alone
- Azor's Gateway Flip + Untap effects//filter effects
Hope some of this helps. This will be a good resource!
4 days ago
A draw engine is a two card synergy that results in repeatable card draw. I run a Mardu deck so most of the cards will be in colors. I've numbered each engine so you just need to post the engine number followed by your personal score for each. (Feel free to skip any since the list is lengthy. No card is mentioned more than once however.)
A score means the draw engine is janky, unreliable, clunky, inefficient, etc. Basically an engine you'd never consider running under any circumstance. A score means the draw engine is consistent, reliable, fast, and effecient at drawing cards. This score signifies a considerable auto-include for any EDH deck.
Not all draw engines need to be rated. Rating the ones that are the most interesting will do. This feedback will be crucial for other people when considering what draw engine to use for their decks.
5 days ago
Ah a fellow Tetsuko player! I have been greatly enjoying my deck with her as well.
If you every bring up your instant count I would highly consider running Spellbinder. Being able to consistently trigger it with unblockables can be very powerful depending on the instants you use.
Mokan on THE DINOBOT
1 week ago
Cloud Key is like a medallion and The Immortal Sun is like a Caged Sun in this kind of deck. I see you're on a pretty high budget, so Ugin, the Spirit Dragon seems pretty good. I'm pretty sure Worn Powerstone is better than Palladium Myr in most situations. Aside from that, I think the equipment base needs a lot of improving. Helm of the Host won't work too well with Thraxos, as the copies will enter tapped either way (and it doesn't have synergy with a lot of other cards in your deck either). Strata Scythe seems quite negligible with 14 Wastes; you can run Blackblade Reforged instead. If you're gonna play something like Haunted Cloak, then I really see no reason for you to not play Sword of Vengeance. I'm surprised I don't see Darksteel Plate and Hammer of Nazahn on the list; I think you should run at least the plate. Whispersilk Cloak not only gives shroud, but unblockable - if you're running Trailblazer's Boots then I see no reason for you to not run the Cloak, and if you wanna go the unblockable route, you can run Prowler's Helm as well. Sigil of Valor really doesn't impress. Grafted Wargear and Hero's Blade don't seem like the best choices in your deck either. I'd suggest Basilisk Collar and Batterskull since you seem to have the budget; lifelink seems like one of the most important keywords in a voltron like this. Seeing as how your commander has trample, and is gonna go to combat a lot anyway, Rogue's Gloves, Mask of Memory and Infiltration Lens might be useful considerations. Dowsing Dagger Flip I suggest as a mana accelerator, cause it seems real easy to flip with Thraxos. Argentum Armor might be good, Nim Deathmantle goes super well with the big fat creatures theme you've got, and as a person who has played with Assault Suit I can say it's not only fun, but actually real good, especially in a deck like yours. That's all I can give you for now; happy brewing to you!
1 week ago
You may consider some recursion that's not stuck to a creature. One of my favorites is to pair a board wipe with Faith's Reward: You get your stuff back and they don't. If it's a one-sided board wipe (you're losing high ground), there's Second Sunrise, but that's pretty group hug most days. They're also good if you end up running things like Greater Good or Momentous Fall so you can get back your baddies in quick order!
Draw in these colors is a paaaain. Lifecrafter's Bestiary is my new favorite one. Mind's Eye is expensive mana cost, but in multiplayer mid to late game is great. Since you've got a lot of flying, Mask of Memory has a high chance of making it through. I can't tell if you have enough weenies to make Mentor of the Meek or Skullclamp Worthwhile... Elspeth Helps. The new Karn, Scion of Urza is bad ass draw, but sometimes slow and ends up losing the card you really want.
Keep up the good brew!
2 weeks ago
Scathain I really didn't know about the Mask of Memory and Rogue's Gloves as I have a ton of value engines already, and the cards aren't stellar in and of themselves. That being said Tooth and Claw didn't seem like the bomb either, but I suppose it's better. As for Mask of Avacyn - I just really didn't like the equip cost, but you're right, it's good :DD
I've literally never played with land destruction, but I hear it's pretty good in voltron so Shivan Harvest looks perfect for the deck, but it's gonna take me some time to slot it in. Thanks a bunch!
2 weeks ago
I'd probably take out Mask of Memory and Rogue's Gloves, and put in Mask of Avacyn and Tooth and Claw instead, as I'm guessing people will usually be blocking your commander once you get a few equipments/auras on him. Depending on how evil you want to be, Shivan Harvest might also be worth considering.