Elspeth, Sun's Champion
Planeswalker — Elspeth
+1: Put Three 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield.
-3: Destroy all creatures with power 4 or greater.
-7: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control get +2/+2 and have flying."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$1.9||$5.96||$28.0||$5.75||1.14 TIX||18.25 TIX|
|Have (32)||Regulus1010 , DrFunk27 , ryuzaki32667 , Spinalripper , BladeMasta220 , Drael , failurechild88 , CosmicReflux , KiljoyQ , HavokX , saj0219 , Mr.Button , Xathrid845 , ShadowWesley77 , the.beanpole , deatn1342 , bburt17 , gandalfthewizard , Zabaron , tjones82 , Crow_Of_The_Void , jfree , dexxter7 , benjibot789 , allthingsMTG , dragonbladeice , TeslaMagi , ironax , jasongold89 , Dark_Shadow , Surferdunks , Orcinbob|
|Want (4)||TheHorse , Arashisenko , llfr , YungNixon|
Elspeth, Sun's Champion Discussion
1 day ago
Not quite filler, but as your checking . . . Elspeth, Sun's Champion was the first card that popped for me as a final spot. Obviously the "filler" portion would then move to my binder (by a titsch).
2 days ago
Remove the Following
- 1x Jolrael, Empress of Beasts - She is not really useful
- 1x Requiem Angel - She is not Legendary so can't search out
- 1x Vryn Wingmare - Thalia, is same function but Legendary
- 1x Dictate of Karametra - Since you got Mirari's Wake don't need this
- 1x Dosan the Falling Leaf - Since you got Dromoka don't need this
- 1x Rupture Spire - This land is not so good, plus you playing just too colors
- 1x Transguild Promenade - This land is not so good, plus you playing just too colors
- 1x Plains - You have too much land
Add the Following
3 days ago
Yes i would be open for any changes, i've tried to continue the idea of my last deck, although the loss of many cards since BFZ come out were very heavy ( Elspeth, Sun's Champion ) =(
3 days ago
Yeah Raging_Squiggle, you're not the only one who runs this commander. And if you're going to play this guy you want him out fast so the table doesn't have time to take you down.
You're right on both counts in my experience. My U/B deck doesn't have much it can do about Ulamog that early. It can slow it down, maybe... but it's very hard to handle once the commander resolves.
And hitting the rocks is brutal against these decks. I've had someone scoop to a T2 Aura Shards followed by Elspeth, Sun's Champion shortly thereafter. Against an Ulamog deck that's arguably a soft lock.
4 days ago
Thanks you. I think two Snapcaster Mages are good here because it provides me with a two drop threat and the flashback ability is pretty nice for counters. Great synergy with Restoration Angel mid-to-late game.
Will look at your deck and comment shortly.
I did consider Sun Titan. Currently my win-cons are Dragonlord Ojutai and Celestial Colonnade. Sun Titan could fit in there, but I would only include as a 1-of. If anything, for the same casting cost, I like Elspeth, Sun's Champion, as she can bail you out if you are flooded. As you can see I'm focusing more on the midrange aspect of UW control, particularly in surviving the early game which is critical in decks like these. The value in cards like Kitchen Finks, Snapcaster Mage, Vendilion Clique, and Wall of Omens alongside the synergy with Restoration Angel is fantastic once it gets going.
Emeria, The Sky Ruin is a fascinating option, and really fits with the Sun Titan versions of UW control. Here, I feel like I'm doing some different things, and don't want to be caught trying to do too much, especially considering I may try to include Vedalken Shackles. Although, how sweet would it be to resurrect a Dragonlord Ojutai?
I think my main struggle with this deck is how many Wall of Omens to include. Right now the 4-of is cool, as a cantrip and decent body for blocking...though I can't help to think about other, perhaps more effective, things I could be doing like including Vedalken Shackles, Sphinx's Revelation or something else. Thoughts?
5 days ago
I played a B/W Tokens deck before BFZ and now i am trying to put together a new deck, although the loss of cards like Elspeth, Sun's Champion and Brimaz, King of Oreskos are pretty significant and i would like some feedback on this new deck B/W Tokens (Help needed) i am creating and if it would be good for standard.
1 week ago
Ok, that comes out to $6.43. I'd be interested in trading for your Elspeth, Sun's Champion if it's the duel decks printing.
Not legal in any format
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora||Mythic Rare|
- Upticking a planes walker on my endstep
- Does Doubling Season second ability work for Planeswalkers as well?
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion Question
- Balefire attacking Planeswalker
- Can my opponent kill my planeswalker in responce to me using one of its loyalty effects after its cast to prevent me from getting to use it?
- Altar of the Brood + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Catapult Master + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Assemble the Legion + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Hammer of Purphoros
- Elspeth, Knight-Errant + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Riptide Replicator
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Siege Rhino
- Dictate of Erebos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Precinct Captain + Raise the Alarm
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Cathars' Crusade + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Essence of the Wild
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Secure the Wastes + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Ajani Steadfast + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + The Chain Veil
- Anax and Cymede + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mentor of the Meek
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Impact Tremors
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Siege Rhino + Temur Sabertooth
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Nissa, Worldwaker + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Ajani Steadfast + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Spear of Heliod
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Goblin Rabblemaster + Monastery Mentor
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sigil Captain
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Soul Warden + Soul's Attendant
- Butcher of the Horde + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Tymaret, the Murder King
- Auriok Champion + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Butcher of the Horde + Dictate of Erebos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Archangel of Thune + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Parallel Lives
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Harsh Sustenance
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mirari's Wake
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Voice of Resurgence