Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$5.8||$8.91||$29.95||$7.6||11.07 TIX||24.62 TIX|
|Have (34)||kyuuri117 , NoPantsParade , almerican , benjibot789 , Dubstack1987 , Champloo , Unforgivn_II , Tanis44 , KiljoyQ , mcstang1986 , greenkingwashere , CastleSiege , HavokX , rexxxif , TGSeamus , ZooGambler , SniperElGato , nathanrod13 , Hellhawk , Gigglebox , HalcyonMTG , deathschoice , Liarz0 , dbp512 , TrystonSpencer , Surferdunks , branston567 , BlackLusterLotus , JPODS0717 , Est19XX , Philosophy-in-Blue , Fatred , , Oldmannopants|
|Want (18)||AngryBearTony , Magicrafter , Stvarosh , thurn , Larysa , Pixelbeard , Welldasgood , NuBByThuMB , UpperDeckerTaco , Kingkevin102 , BlueSlime , SuperAshura , savarkumar , Xunfor6iv3nX , Dr.Kourin , mikiizu , blackknight1239 , Prettyfun|
Elspeth, Sun's Champion Discussion
9 hours ago
To FAMOUSWATERMELON : what the ??? Sigh... I swear I used line breaks to make my answer easier to read , but apparently, Tappedout isn't working 100 % fine tonight...
To nhallen37 : Thanks ! also, If you have a couple Elspeth, Sun's Champion in your binder, don'y hesitate a second to add them to the deck ! However, I wouldn't reccommend you to use Heliod, God of the Sun. If you want more insight on the reasons why, just read my comment just above.
14 hours ago
15 hours ago
Now that I see your deck, I feel like Elspeth, Sun's Champion might not be the best. She just doesn't necessarily fit the theme as much as the other Elspeth does. I'm just not sold on if she's good enough for EDH. The same for Coldsteel Heart. It's just not good enough to really add to the deck as a whole. Idk, you might have different results, that's just my opinion.
17 hours ago
1 day ago
To FAMOUSWATERMELON : Yes, there's 25 lands in my token deck.It seems a lot at first sight, but it is justified.First of all, let's take a closer look at some of the cards : 4x Secure the Wastes4x Dictate of Heliod2x Mastery of the Unseen2x Myth RealizedWhat do theses cards have in common ? The more mana you have, the better they are When you run a 22-23 land deck, you're never guaranteed to hit your 5th land drop by turn 5. Since Dictate of Heliod costs 5 mana and that casting Secure the Wastes for less then X=3 isn't really great, having a ton of lands is the way to go. You'll get flooded often, but that's when Myth Realized and Mastery of the Unseen come in handy. You'll have a place to sink your unused mana at the end of their turn while having your own instants ready to use. Keeping a hand with 5 lands, 1 anthem spell and a Mastery of the Unseen is perfectly reasonable in this deck. If you're not on a 50 $ budget, you can even go ahead and add a couple of Elspeth, Sun's Champion to add more late game power.I was running Launch the Fleet in my previous version of this deck, but I went from 14 to 10 creatures, which meant Launch the Fleet wasn't good enough anymore, so I dropped it.Heliod, God of the Sun sucks. Mastery of the Unseen is simply cheaper and better.
1 day ago
A few good cards:
If just soldiers, Coat of Arms is a good one.
1 day ago
Breaksk8r1992 oh, thank you for the explanations, and you are absolutely right, I mean they are 3 different draw engines. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear, I'm italian and probably not so good in descriptions. By the way, thank you also for the rest of the comment, you gave me some very good ideas: I loved Dragonlord Ojutai since the first day I saw it, but everybody kept telling me that it would have been a beast in standard, while not good enough for modern. Shame on me that I let them convince me. With Minamo, School at Water's Edge it's just dope. White Sun's Zenith was already in my maybeboard, but I'm still not sure about it, I mean it seems great as a finisher and I'd never have a problem with those 3 white symbols, but for now, I'll stay without it, even if its interaction with Calciform Pools might be undoubtedly awesome. About the third Cryptic Command you are always right, I wish I could put my hands on it, and also on a fourth Snapcaster Mage, but for now there's no way I can. About the last three cards you mentioned, let me say that I love them all, Wurmcoil Engine in particular, but I do not think I'd be so happy going down to 23 lands, since I need mana to control the board and also because I play 3 Celestial Colonnade. However, I confirm that I appreciated your comment so much and that I'll take your hints in strong consideration. Probably I'll drop one copy of Remand, or Spell Snare, or even Elspeth, Sun's Champion, for the amazing Dragonlord Ojutai.
2 days ago
I have a few suggestions, but first, I really like where you're going with this deck. Also, remember that this is your deck, and I don't want you to feel like you're obligated to take some (or all) of my suggestions. You can take them or leave them as you see fit. Now, for my suggestions:
First, I would replace Wild Slash with Chained to the Rocks. Chained to the Rocks is a one mana answer to any creature, weather it's Deathmist Raptor, Siege Rhino, or Dragonlord Silumgar. It's an extremely efficient answer to just about anything.
I would also replace the two Elspeth, Sun's Champions with two more Secure the Wastes. While Elspeth is very powerful, she also costs at least two more mana than every other card in the deck, and removing her would allow you to remove a couple of lands.
If you remove the Elspeth's, I also would remove 2 Plains. Elspeth is the only card in the deck that costs more than 4 mana. I'm suggesting removing two Plains (rather than a Plains and a Mountain) because you've got six more red cards than white cards. You also don't have any double white spells if you remove Elspeth.
I would replace the Plains with a pair of Outpost Sieges. Outpost Siege is very powerful in a deck that only benefits from the Khans mode, and in this deck you'll come across situations where the Dragons mode is just game over, even if the default mode is Khans.
The last change I would make is more personal preference then anything else, because I don't care for Impact Tremors myself. I would replace them with two more Outpost Sieges and two Lightning Strikes. The reason I don't like Impact Tremors is because it doesn't do anything on its own, so if you're not drawing creatures and/or your creatures are being countered you won't get any benefit from it (whereas something like Outpost Siege will still be drawing you an extra card every turn).
|Avg. draft pick||2.06|
|Avg. cube pick||2.03|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora||Mythic Rare|
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Akroan Crusader + Hammer of Purphoros
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Jace, Architect of Thought + Kiora, the Crashing Wave
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Master Biomancer
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Eidolon of Countless Battles + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Ephara's Enlightenment
- Archangel of Thune + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Ogre Battledriver
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Indestructibility
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Indestructibility + Planar Cleansing
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Akroan Hoplite + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Phalanx Leader
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Voice of Resurgence
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Catapult Master + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Ajani Steadfast + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Precinct Captain + Raise the Alarm
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Soul of Theros
- Athreos, God of Passage + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + The Chain Veil
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Garruk, Apex Predator + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Phalanx Leader + Raise the Alarm
- Anax and Cymede + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mentor of the Meek
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Courser of Kruphix + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Hero's Downfall
- Butcher of the Horde + Dictate of Erebos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Dictate of Erebos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Butcher of the Horde + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Polukranos, World Eater + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Elspeth, Knight-Errant + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Riptide Replicator
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Siege Rhino
- Altar of the Brood + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Butcher of the Horde + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Tymaret, the Murder King
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sigil Captain
- Cathars' Crusade + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mirrorweave
- Ajani Steadfast + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + The Chain Veil
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Nissa, Worldwaker + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Banishing Light + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Harsh Sustenance
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sorin, Solemn Visitor + Wingmate Roc
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Goblin Rabblemaster
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Siege Rhino + Temur Sabertooth
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mirror-Sigil Sergeant
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Spear of Heliod
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Goblin Rabblemaster + Monastery Mentor
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Soul Warden + Soul's Attendant
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Narset, Enlightened Master
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Frontier Siege
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Hammer of Purphoros
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Impact Tremors
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Essence of the Wild