Elspeth, Sun's Champion
Planeswalker — Elspeth
+1: Put Three 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield.
-3: Destroy all creatures with power 4 or greater.
-7: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control get +2/+2 and have flying."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$2.95||$4.92||$24.6||$4.98||2.11 TIX||13.26 TIX|
|Have (29)||ironax , deatn1342 , Terrvex , Mr.Button , adb_slayer , Spinalripper , dragonbladeice , logansullivan , rexxxif , Regulus1010 , the.beanpole , jasongold89 , Mikitta , HavokX , KiljoyQ , CrotchRocket , saj0219 , Penguin_Gamer_1 , benjibot789 , Yesterday , ryuzaki32667 , ZooGambler , Xathrid845 , nspooner , Surferdunks , Orcinbob , travis1643 , geazykagar , Pwese23|
|Want (3)||torridus , scooter1265 , Arashisenko|
Elspeth, Sun's Champion Discussion
5 hours ago
Balance is banned in EDH. But effects of that sort are a good choice; stuff that hates on opponents' plans.
You can do control and tokens at the same time. Using token generators lets you build up advantage while you shut down opponents' plans. Once your opponents are in a poor position from your hate cards you can use your tokens to beat them down. Some token generators are even control cards at the same time, like Elspeth, Sun's Champion, Martial Coup and Phyrexian Rebirth.
Since this is mono-white, finding a way to get card draw is super important. Mentor of the Meek and things like Loreseeker's Stone will help a lot. You'll need to lean heavily on artifacts for these effects.
11 hours ago
I can do My:
2 days ago
Well I think you have about 5-6 land too many. 15 too many artifacts. And at least 30 too many creatures. I would start with removing creatures first, then artifacts and then land last. I would take Liliana of the Veil out and Elspeth, Sun's Champion, and daretti like plus2happiness said. Both of the others are very good in 60 card decks, I don't think in commander they are high enough impact and the elspeth was only ever for standard. You have way too many mana rocks. I think you should cut all the mana rocks except, sol ring, gilded lotus, chromatic lantern, commander's sphere and your choice of maybe 2 others. Cutting the diamonds, signets, talismans basically. If you run duals and fetches your mana should be great and the mana rocks I listed to keep should be good enough for ramp. I actually think all your instants are fine, maybe cut a couple. I think the worst enchantments you have is Vicious Shadows. I would cut Cathars' Crusade, if you want an effect like that run a regular anthem like honor of the pure. I would also cut Spirit Bonds and Dark Prophecy (this card seems good until you kill yourself with it, it is not a may ability). Besides that you need to just take the axe to a lot of creatures. Only pick ones that fit your strategy. Obviously some of them are very good bomb cards for the color but does it really fit with the plan?
4 days ago
I don't have the deck anymore The_Good_O, but I still refer people to it when talking about Trostani decks. My experience with Baloths was that it was just fine as a way to get a few tokens to populate. It works well with fetchlands and ramp spells. I agree there are probably better choices and it was on the shortlist for replacement when I retired the deck.
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar didn't exist when I was playing this but would be very interesting in here as an anthem/token producing effect and I think he'd have a nice place in this list. I don't think either Ajani does enough in this list, though.
To be fair, I tend to be very critical of planeswalkers in general. I usually prefer enchantments and artifacts over them and need to see tons of reliable value (Garruk Wildspeaker) or an immediate and substantial board impact (Elspeth, Sun's Champion) for them to win me over.
5 days ago
I want to know what y'all think is good/bad and changes I could make. please and thank you!
Link: Dragonlord Ojutai
Commander: Dragonlord Ojutai
1 week ago
I always tried to go super low curve except for a 1-3 bombs when I played Esper in modern and Esper Charm was wierdly positioned in my lists. Seeing how your wanting to Resolve Gideon instead of the cards I used for bombs (Tatsumasa, the Dragon's Fang as a budget Batterskull or Silumgar, the Drifting Death or Elspeth, Sun's Champion) I can see that Esper charm is much more viable. After all you have to worry about 1 less draw step than i did.
I really am thinking as far as bombs go you can't get much better than Gideon. Once he's resolved he's better than trying to play tempo with Geist of Saint Traft. With that said when I get around to designing Midrange Esper I will be utilizing both Gideon and Geist. While Esper may be #1 at the draw/go playstyle lately I've come to realize that it's capable of midrange just as Abzan or Mardu.
1 week ago
Gideon Jura and Celestial Colonnade have been enough for me. I just use Esper Charm to clear their hand, or counter their removal. The only removal that matters anyways is stuff like Terminate and Path to Exile, and most decks don't run enough of these to deal with all 6. Post-board their removal is likely going out anyways.
If I were to add White Sun's Zenith, I think I'd need more removal in the form of Supreme Verdict. The best part about Gideon Jura is that he is removal and a win-con. Elspeth, Sun's Champion is a great finisher, but doesn't affect the board in some matchups.
1 week ago
Also, after looking over the list again, I'm not sure how you win anymore tclaw12? All you have are Colonnades, 2 Gideons, and Snappy. Seems way too light, I would add either White Sun's Zenith (again) or the previously mentioned Elspeth, Sun's Champion. Blood Baron of Vizkopa or Batterskull would help too, but I feel that you really need a dedicated wincon of some sort.
Not legal in any format
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora||Mythic Rare|
- Upticking a planes walker on my endstep
- Does Doubling Season second ability work for Planeswalkers as well?
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion Question
- Balefire attacking Planeswalker
- Can my opponent kill my planeswalker in responce to me using one of its loyalty effects after its cast to prevent me from getting to use it?
- Altar of the Brood + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Catapult Master + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Assemble the Legion + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Hammer of Purphoros
- Anax and Cymede + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Archangel of Thune + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Essence of the Wild
- Elspeth, Knight-Errant + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Riptide Replicator
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Siege Rhino
- Dictate of Erebos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Precinct Captain + Raise the Alarm
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Cathars' Crusade + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Secure the Wastes + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Ajani Steadfast + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + The Chain Veil
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sigil Captain
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mentor of the Meek
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Impact Tremors
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Siege Rhino + Temur Sabertooth
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Nissa, Worldwaker + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Ajani Steadfast + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Spear of Heliod
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Goblin Rabblemaster + Monastery Mentor
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Soul Warden + Soul's Attendant
- Butcher of the Horde + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Tymaret, the Murder King
- Auriok Champion + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Butcher of the Horde + Dictate of Erebos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Parallel Lives
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Harsh Sustenance
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mirari's Wake
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Voice of Resurgence