Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$6.94||$11.94||$29.99||$7.57||11.27 TIX||24.58 TIX|
|Have (26)||greenkingwashere , CastleSiege , pskinn01 , TrystonSpencer , mcstang1986 , dhoby87 , Champloo , rexxxif , Surferdunks , kyuuri117 , Gigglebox , almerican , branston567 , BlackLusterLotus , NoPantsParade , dbp512 , Liarz0 , SniperElGato , JPODS0717 , Unforgivn_II , Est19XX , Philosophy-in-Blue , HalcyonMTG , Fatred , YamaArashi , Oldmannopants|
|Want (21)||UpperDeckerTaco , Welldasgood , sonnet666 , Valentine35 , dspot4lyf , AlwaysHarmony , EnragedAtlas , KiljoyQ , Kingkevin102 , BlueSlime , Kryzis , Stvarosh , SuperAshura , savarkumar , Xunfor6iv3nX , ozzar , Dr.Kourin , mikiizu , blackknight1239 , Prettyfun , greyninja|
Elspeth, Sun's Champion Discussion
6 hours ago
10 hours ago
18 hours ago
okie so on here the best thing to do in build your deck without mana then let the program tell you what mana you should run. As for cards:
1x Last Breath
And from there put in 26 land, the reason you can get away with 26 instead of 27 is because of Anticipate.If you need more help message me.
21 hours ago
I couldn't agree more about playing Ghave as a token heavy swarm/control deck, rather than a combo deck.
Now as for some of your card suggestions (I think I've run/considered all of these but Primordial Hydra) -
Juniper Order Ranger - I had him initially, but he got replaced by Cathars' Crusade since the effect is better. However, you could make the argument that Juniper comes along with a creature's body, which is nice, or that I could use a second iteration of the effect, which may be the correct move. I'll mull it over.
Elspeth Tirel - I love all of the Elspeth PW Cards. I used to constantly rotate all three of them through the deck in that slot, but at the end of the day I really do like Elspeth, Sun's Champion the best. The boardwipe into token production can really take over games.
Hardened Scales - I kind of feel like I don't have enough +1/+1 counter tech to make this worth it. With this kind of flat synergy card (i.e. useless on it's own), I want to have 20 good synergies before I'll consider it. I do like that it's so cheap though...
Dictate of Erebos - I've already got three of this effect in the deck, and I don't feel like the flash is enough for me to run it over the three I already have.
Primordial Hydra - It's a good card for Ghave, but I'm going for swarm over singleton big creatures.
And the card critiques:
Luminarch Ascension - This may be the only card I just flat out disagree with you on. It's the single best token producer in the deck. One round around the table (in a normal 4-player free for all game, which is what I usually play) turns this sucker on, then you're making 4/4 flying angels for two mana. If you play multiplayer and you don't play this in any token deck that can play it, you should be.
Monastery Mentor - Currently testing. The high noncreature count in the deck makes me feel like he'll be good, but I can't say that for sure until I see him in a few games.
Brimaz, King of Oreskos - As above. He's been in for a while, but never seems to show up in any games I play...
Sprout Swarm - That look when you airdrop in a saporling to block their giant 20/20 god creature? Priceless (although it rarely happens). Besides it's cheap and the more creatures it makes, the better it gets. Do you have something better in mind for the slot?
Darksteel Plate - I can see the argument for taking this one out. Usually I stick it on whatever creature is currently essential to maintaining my board state, but I may replace it for some kind of more global protection...
Decree of Pain - Resets the board when you're behind? Refills your hand? It might be useless when I'm already ahead, but that's not really a bad thing given how easy it is to drop back behind.
Farseek - Do you have a better turn two mana acceleration card in mind?
1 day ago
I feel like Jace, the Living Guildpact is something you should remove and add in better cards. And those better cards include (but is not limited to): Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, Elspeth, Sun's Champion, and/or Narset Transcendent.
Also, I know that the mana base for Esper is kinda bad, but I'd seriously suggest going to 25 lands vs 24 as you sit right now. And your land choices could be better. I can see why you'd run the Haven of the Spirit Dragon, but what you should run instead is Crucible of the Spirit Dragon because you could essentially add up counters on it and then basically play a dragon for free eventually.
All in all, +1 and check out my deck if you want for any other ideas . It is called Esper Control DTK.
1 day ago
I would consider cutting back on Ojutai's Command as it's 4 cmc and only has 3 viable modes for you. I would probably cut back on the 3 cmc counterspells and also diversify into some of the 2 cmc ones, such as Negate.
You can probably also cut one Elspeth, Sun's Champion as you have 6 win cons (3 Elspeths and 3 creatures) and the mana curve seems a bit high.
One other thing that stands out to me is the strong permission element of the deck and the board wipes do not synergize with the rebound power of Narset Transcendent.
1 day ago
You should also be playing at least 1x Elspeth, Sun's Champion
2 days ago
Last FNM went 3-0 (2-0 each match)
Second match was against a Soulflayer deck. I had just built one of those and knew what to look for in game one, took him down with burn spells and prowess. Second game he sideboarded and made his deck into Dragon Control but I still managed to beat him albeit a close game.
Third match was against a R/U Artifact deck that made use of Shrapnel Blast, Scuttling Doom Engine, Ornithopter, etc. I easily won game one but when he sideboarded it became a whole new deck and I barely won game two with 3 life left even with using Soulfire Grand Master and Seeker of the Way lifelink.
All in all I think this deck is doing quite well but I'm sure people will be expecting it this Friday and hoping to take it down.
|Avg. draft pick||2.06|
|Avg. cube pick||1.91|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora||Mythic Rare|
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Akroan Crusader + Hammer of Purphoros
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Jace, Architect of Thought + Kiora, the Crashing Wave
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Master Biomancer
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Eidolon of Countless Battles + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Ephara's Enlightenment
- Archangel of Thune + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Ogre Battledriver
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Indestructibility
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Indestructibility + Planar Cleansing
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Akroan Hoplite + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Phalanx Leader
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Voice of Resurgence
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Catapult Master + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Ajani Steadfast + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Precinct Captain + Raise the Alarm
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Soul of Theros
- Athreos, God of Passage + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + The Chain Veil
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Garruk, Apex Predator + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Phalanx Leader + Raise the Alarm
- Anax and Cymede + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mentor of the Meek
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Courser of Kruphix + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Hero's Downfall
- Butcher of the Horde + Dictate of Erebos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Dictate of Erebos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Butcher of the Horde + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Polukranos, World Eater + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Elspeth, Knight-Errant + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Riptide Replicator
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Siege Rhino
- Altar of the Brood + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Butcher of the Horde + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Tymaret, the Murder King
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sigil Captain
- Cathars' Crusade + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mirrorweave
- Ajani Steadfast + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + The Chain Veil
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Nissa, Worldwaker + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Banishing Light + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Harsh Sustenance
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sorin, Solemn Visitor + Wingmate Roc
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Goblin Rabblemaster
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Siege Rhino + Temur Sabertooth
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mirror-Sigil Sergeant
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Spear of Heliod
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Goblin Rabblemaster + Monastery Mentor