Elspeth, Sun's Champion
Planeswalker — Elspeth
+1: Put Three 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield.
-3: Destroy all creatures with power 4 or greater.
-7: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control get +2/+2 and have flying."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price 1%||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$4.0||$6.13||$9.78||$5.66||3.21 TIX||7.65 TIX|
|Have (26)||gurthang034 , Dadaman11 , drwhosmith4 , drkness01 , , Yesterday , Mr.Mirage , gildan_bladeborn , plazma7 , travis1643 , Surferdunks , saj0219 , Spinalripper , Gemeye , crusader4321 , ironax , TurkishJade , Zap_Rowzdower69 , mcstang1986 , the.beanpole , geazykagar , PnutButtaToast , Lifa , Kitteninabiscuit , TheCleanestofShips , benjibot789|
|Want (5)||PackAttack91 , OverBite00 , shaderaven , adventfaith , Welldasgood|
Elspeth, Sun's Champion Discussion
19 hours ago
I would strongly consider Elspeth, Sun's Champion. With all the "gain life when creatures enter" abilities, it would trigger Karlov three times a turn. It would also clear the board of big threats while you can simply make Karlov small enough to survive and most creatures in your deck would too. I might also recommend Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet. It shuts down reanimator decks and makes you tokens to gain life with, while also having lifelink itself.
1 day ago
Brago was my second commander and is still probably my most effective EDH deck I'd say. So...
I would advocate for cutting a fair number of those creatures (for instance, Ojutai, Soul of Winter - also detain is a woefully inefficient mechanic for example) to put in more counters, one or two more sweepers, and most importantly: more protection for Brago. In my experience once he gets going Brago is an immediate hate-target for most of the table so having only three good options to protect him is a problem.
Also, he can abuse the hell out of planeswalkers. You can activate them, blink them, then activate them again. (So, for example, Brago + Elspeth, Sun's Champion is stunningly stupid).
2 days ago
Echoing Truth it and counter it on the way back down? Be less reliant on the graveyard? Not much else you can do.
You could always convert to Esper Draw-Go for Esper Charm and Anguished Unmaking/Disenchant efects. Esper can answer virtually any permanent, and White Sun's Zenith/Elspeth, Sun's Champion don't rely on the graveyard to win.
2 days ago
3 days ago
Alhammarret's Archive, Ojutai's Command, Jace Beleren, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion seem a little clunky or underwhelming in EDH for me and can maybe be cut. I would also consider swapping out Blue Sun's Zenith for Stroke of Genius since you're not in mono-blue, unless the shuffle-in effect is really valuable.
I used to run Ojutai's Command but the counter restriction seemed too situational, and the +4 life/return creature effects aren't jaw-dropping in the format, especially since you have so few targets to return from the graveyard.
Austere Command also has great utility in this format and may deserve a slot.
Maybe the extra turn effects won't play great with your style, especially the expensive ones like Beacon of Tomorrows, Temporal Mastery, and Time Stretch as you're not going to be playing/cheating Omniscience. The clearest synergy is with Narset Transcendent and rebounding one of them. Extra turn shenanigans usually win me about half of my games so it's hard not to push them on other decks.
Trinket Mage seems good enough to consider adding since you have three different utility artifacts to fetch with it.
3 days ago
Hello fellow Alesha-player! I play my deck a lot more aggro, but there's a few things that a more control-y build like yours might appreciate that came to mind. Firstly, it feels like you may want a few more tokens/sac outlets if you want to take full advantage of the Blood Artist-Style shenanigans. Something like Nantuko Husk or one of the myriad of similar pump cards might seem slightly underpowered, but you can also reanimate them and swing for a ton out of the blue, and perhaps bait out some removal. My favorite token-makers for Alesha are Siege-Gang Commander, who is bodies and sac all in one, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion, who also makes for fine board-clear. Also for board-clear, Fell the Mighty is a versatile Retribution of the Meek, and Magus of the Disk keeps coming back for more. You can ramp like crazy with Burnished Hart, lock down combat steps with Blinding Angel, and bounce creatures in colors that have no business doing so with Stingscourger.
4 days ago
Think adding cards like Master of the Wild Hunt, Tree of Redemption, Second Harvest, and Felidar Sovereign. Try to remove "useless" cards like 1 time auras(what is that doing for you?) or Snake of the Golden Grove(trash) and karametra's advocate (slow). Add in: Cultivate and Kodama's Reach. Think aboutbwhat you want your deck to do! Big creatures to gain life(what for pray tell?) or token swarming? Both work but try to focus your deck! Hanweir Militia Captain Flip and Westvale Abbey Flip and Elspeth, Sun's Champion seem AUTO includes in here. And regardless which way you wanna go Desolation Twin fits perfectly and From Beyond makes tokens while ramping and searching out an eldrazi(provided you go that route). I can happily give a ton of advice but first you need to hone in on what you want this deck to do!
5 days ago
You could take the deck to more of a token strategy with cards like Secure the Wastes, Rise of the Hobgoblins, White Sun's Zenith, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion. Then add token synergy cards such as Purphoros, God of the Forge, Ogre Battledriver, In the Web of War, and Mentor of the Meek. That's just one option to get some strong synergy in Boros colors!
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora||Mythic Rare|
- Upticking a planes walker on my endstep
- Does Doubling Season second ability work for Planeswalkers as well?
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion Question
- Balefire attacking Planeswalker
- Can my opponent kill my planeswalker in responce to me using one of its loyalty effects after its cast to prevent me from getting to use it?
- Altar of the Brood + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Catapult Master + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Assemble the Legion + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Hammer of Purphoros
- Anax and Cymede + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Archangel of Thune + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Essence of the Wild
- Elspeth, Knight-Errant + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Riptide Replicator
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Siege Rhino
- Dictate of Erebos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Precinct Captain + Raise the Alarm
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Cathars' Crusade + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Secure the Wastes + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Ajani Steadfast + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + The Chain Veil
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sigil Captain
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mentor of the Meek
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Impact Tremors
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Siege Rhino + Temur Sabertooth
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Nissa, Worldwaker + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Ajani Steadfast + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Spear of Heliod
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Goblin Rabblemaster + Monastery Mentor
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Soul Warden + Soul's Attendant
- Butcher of the Horde + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Tymaret, the Murder King
- Auriok Champion + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Butcher of the Horde + Dictate of Erebos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Parallel Lives
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Harsh Sustenance
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mirari's Wake
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Voice of Resurgence