Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$5.72||$7.88||$29.95||$7.22||15.29 TIX||24.12 TIX|
|Have (39)||kyuuri117 , HavokX , Tanis44 , Champloo , HalcyonMTG , Hellhawk , almerican , ThomasonBowwow , Luiscencias , calaw00 , NoPantsParade , dactheking , magic_monicle , geazykagar , Surferdunks , KiljoyQ , benjibot789 , Dubstack1987 , Unforgivn_II , mcstang1986 , greenkingwashere , rexxxif , TGSeamus , ZooGambler , SniperElGato , nathanrod13 , Gigglebox , deathschoice , Liarz0 , dbp512 , TrystonSpencer , branston567 , BlackLusterLotus , JPODS0717 , Est19XX , Philosophy-in-Blue , Fatred , , Oldmannopants|
|Want (19)||AngryBearTony , Ponder-Grapeshot , LoneCrusader399 , VampSlayer , XxCataclysmiCxX , Stvarosh , thurn , Larysa , Pixelbeard , Welldasgood , NuBByThuMB , UpperDeckerTaco , BlueSlime , SuperAshura , savarkumar , Xunfor6iv3nX , Dr.Kourin , mikiizu , blackknight1239|
Elspeth, Sun's Champion Discussion
8 minutes ago
Berenike I got the Deathmist Raptor, I was thinking Elspeth, Sun's Champion as a 1 of in the board, just don't know if I have the land base (amount) to support it. Citadel Siege is a suggested Sideboard plan?
3 hours ago
9 hours ago
DonkeyPunch and others,
Cool! I really like Temur and have been working on a deck of it myself that's very similar to this one, but haven't gotten it to work right. I was too slow for the RDW-type decks (in whatever colors) and couldn't keep my threats alive long enough against Abzan or other controlling decks. I'm really excited if you guys have made a Temur deck that stands up to Abzan. I was reliably beating Abzan Aggro, but not the control variant...their removal spells are just too good, and I couldn't keep enough Stubborn Denials and Disdainful Strokes in hand to beat them in the long game, since they would eventually land an Elspeth, Sun's Champion and get rid of all my threats, even Thunderbreak Regent without taking any pain.
Certainly one of my main problems is that I haven't wanted to invest into cards that are going to rotate, so I hadn't been using Courser of Kruphix or Stormbreath Dragon. Those cards are so good Temur just doesn't work without them. I've had 4x Shaman of Forgotten Ways, and they just aren't as reliably helpful as Courser. Maybe when Theros rotates out Shaman will be the heir to Sylvan Caryatid and Courser of Kruphix, but for now he's clearly inferior.
I had started out using Sarkhan Unbroken and then switched to Xenagos, the Reveler instead since he was faster and I had been using Dragonlord Atarka and he could help ramp to that. It always felt to me that if I had enough board presence to protect Sarkhan to use his card-drawing ability that I could likely win without it, and if I needed to put out a dragon I was too far behind to save him anyway.
Well, I'm Upvoting this deck and will read all the updates and am curious to follow this. I had started to feel that Temur didn't have a good place in the Meta right now and was hoping that it would be better after Theros rotates, but that's not really accurate for me to say that since I haven't even been using two of the best cards in your deck (Course and Stormbreath).
1 day ago
1 day ago
@ Dorotheus I have tested this deck as a completely aggro version, as well as a control version, so far neither of them really seem to hit that sweet spot that this version does. I know that normally being in between aggro and control is bad but it seems to work out some how. As for the Nyx-Fleece Ram I've been testing with Glaring Aegis for a while now and generally have found that the ability to tap something down and buff a dude works out pretty well. I almost never need to exploit in the deck, so far that hasn't been an issue. I think I will try to test this version of the deck with the Ram in place of Aegis and see which one feels better though, I do miss my sheep haha. When I know an opponent is going to side in enchantment hate that is when we get the Elspeth, Sun's Champion and Dragonlord Ojutai in for several more win conditions enchantment hate does nothing too. Den Protector is a very good I have been considering using it but haven't found a place for it have any suggestions on what I would cut for it?
Thanks for the suggestions.
2 days ago
Also you should side board the 2 Bile Blight and go up to 22 mana. You aren't running mono red rush if you miss a land drop you end up usually losing the match because of it. Caves of Koilos are a nice addition to this deck. Pain land but you can tap it right away as opposed to Temple of Silence or Scoured Barrens which slow the deck down. Chief of the Scale is Ok if you are running against destruction decks like mono black (which is extremely rare). Drop all 4 of them and go up to 4 Arashin Foremost
Running 4 Virulent Plague side board is a bad idea. It's basically only really useful against heavy token decks or Control decks with Elspeth, Sun's Champion pumping out the tokens. I suggest dropping Virulent Plague to 2 in the side board.
3 days ago
Seeing what cards you have in the deck, just make it Standard instead of Modern. Blaze Commando and Rally the Righteous, just two cards, are the only cards that are not Standard legal. I will only suggest Standard cards in this comment then. Akroan Crusader is a token producer that I would run 4 of. Akroan Hoplite is also great when you have a mass of tokens. Alesha, Who Smiles at Death is a way to get back your dead creatures. Anax and Cymede, Archetype of Courage, Brave the Sands, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Chained to the Rocks, Center Soul, Deflecting Palm, Dictate of Heliod, Devouring Light, Eidolon of Countless Battles, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion.
3 days ago
I realized why I'm not so worried about ramp. A lot of my creatures work for it. Elvish Piper can get me Worldspine Wurm on turn 5, most people underestimate Gyre Sage until I at least start getting 3 counters on it, Shaman of Forgotten Ways is really good (his biorhythm effect is good too, but I've only used it once), and Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury gets me an Elvish Mystic wannabe as her +2.
Even the testing I was referring to, I was stuck at 4 actual lands for most of the game, but still got Elspeth, Sun's Champion out through Gyre Sage getting two counters. I used the soldier tokens she made to get Avacyn, Angel of Hope onto the field with Chord of Calling for the win right before he used his Defense of the Heart to get out a combo with Spike Feeder and Archangel of Thune (I don't use the combo because I think Spike Feeder is useless unless you get the combo and Defense of the Heart is really the only reliable way to get them together.
It was against another Trostani deck that was made independently from mine so the removal wasn't as good as it could have been (honestly, mine has more removal with Final Judgement , Selesnya Charm's second ability, Magus of the Disk and, until recently, Pentarch Paladin) but the point remains.
|Avg. draft pick||2.06|
|Avg. cube pick||2.05|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora||Mythic Rare|
- Upticking a planes walker on my endstep
- Does Doubling Season second ability work for Planeswalkers as well?
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion Question
- Balefire attacking Planeswalker
- Can my opponent kill my planeswalker in responce to me using one of its loyalty effects after its cast to prevent me from getting to use it?
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Akroan Crusader + Hammer of Purphoros
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Jace, Architect of Thought + Kiora, the Crashing Wave
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Master Biomancer
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Eidolon of Countless Battles + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Ephara's Enlightenment
- Archangel of Thune + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Ogre Battledriver
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Indestructibility
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Indestructibility + Planar Cleansing
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Akroan Hoplite + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Phalanx Leader
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Voice of Resurgence
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Catapult Master + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Ajani Steadfast + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Precinct Captain + Raise the Alarm
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Soul of Theros
- Athreos, God of Passage + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + The Chain Veil
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Garruk, Apex Predator + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Phalanx Leader + Raise the Alarm
- Anax and Cymede + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mentor of the Meek
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Courser of Kruphix + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Hero's Downfall
- Butcher of the Horde + Dictate of Erebos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Dictate of Erebos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Butcher of the Horde + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Polukranos, World Eater + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Elspeth, Knight-Errant + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Riptide Replicator
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Siege Rhino
- Altar of the Brood + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Butcher of the Horde + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Tymaret, the Murder King
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sigil Captain
- Cathars' Crusade + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mirrorweave
- Ajani Steadfast + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + The Chain Veil
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Nissa, Worldwaker + Sorin, Solemn Visitor
- Banishing Light + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Harsh Sustenance
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Sorin, Solemn Visitor + Wingmate Roc
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Goblin Rabblemaster
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Siege Rhino + Temur Sabertooth
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Mirror-Sigil Sergeant
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Spear of Heliod
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Goblin Rabblemaster + Monastery Mentor
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Soul Warden + Soul's Attendant
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Narset, Enlightened Master
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Frontier Siege
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Hammer of Purphoros
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Impact Tremors
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Essence of the Wild
- Doubling Season + Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Auriok Champion + Elspeth, Sun's Champion