Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|0.02 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (39)||vollrath , Icarus79 , Comicalflop , tj_escape , XxCataclysmiCxX , Kornjunky , georgeegroeg2013 , sleepy104 , jabakker , kmcree , CharmedGeek , JIV_IV , ricadam , bloodrayne03 , lucyfarrell , TheFlish , cosmokai2000 , clintobean , Dr__zed , Nines19 , Under9000 , Odothegreat , Raistlin911822 , Fatred , magnetofqwert , much-doge , Timocalypse , Braxlyon , Sauron_ , agtbubblez74 , SteveHiguita , Epochalyptik , Panda213 , Raissuli , SmarmyDog , Arleccino1313 , ekaczmar , saj0219 , Forge|
Giant Growth Discussion
10 hours ago
Went through my pile of extra cards and updated the deck.
1) No more Aladdin's Lamp I decided it wasn't really serving a purpose other than to be a high mana card that I could set out to look cool. Replaced with Elven Cache just in case something dies and I want it back.
2) Removed the 4x Craw Wurm replaced with 3x Tusked Colossodon because for the same mana cost I get and extra toughness, and 1x Vastwood Zendikon for 1 less mana I get the same creature, yes the land may die ... but it goes back to my hand so I'm not really losing it per se.
3) Bye Bye Feral Thallid ... hello Havenwood Wurm. Yes it has a higher mana cost and not as much power, but the trample and flash are far more beneficial than the slow token base regeneration ability so I feel it's worth the extra mana.
1 day ago
1 day ago
If you would like to make a budget version of this deck, then you could try the following:
Replace Might of Old Krosa with Groundswell or Giant Growth
Replace Rancor with Ghor-Clan Rampager //the extra mana cost will hurt :(
Replace Lightning Bolt with Shock
If you don't like the $1 price of Ichorclaw Myr then a cheaper alternative is Plague Myr
Mana base is a huge one, but try not to use any tap lands, you'll want mana available right away.
2 days ago
I'd ditch the Titanic Growth and a Giant Growth to include 2 more Apostle's Blessings. As an infect player, having that extra protection helps a ton, especially since you can play it off a colorless mana source. Since you have the full set of Distortion Strike, you don't need to worry about getting chumped as much so I don't think you need to max out on that many pump spells. Also I'd drop the Thornwood Falls and a City of Brass to finish your set of Inkmoth Nexus, since flying infect wins games in the late game often if they remove the first few creatures you play. Also has the added bonus of being immune to Abrupt Decay.
1 week ago
I would cut back your creature count, probably Rot Wolf and either Blight Mamba or Ichorclaw Myr, then probably the Artful Dodge and Vapor Snag as well. Then just add plenty more efficient pump spells. Giant Growth, Might of Old Krosa, Titanic Growth and Mutagenic Growth all come to mind here. With infect, you only need one creature to actually kill them and the faster you move for that kill the less likely they are to be able to deal with that said single creature.
1 week ago
It's a bit too slow; the average CMC peaks at 4. For a fast deck you want it to be more around 3, with pretty much nothing costing more than 5. Garruk's Packleader, Alpine Grizzly, Scythe Tiger, Vernal Bloom, Nylea's Disciple. and Garruk's Horde should be taken out. I suggest using combat tricks like Giant Growth and Aspect of Hydra to push quick damage through. Four of each should do. Add 2 Garruk's Companion and 4 Charging Badger as your main swingers. Consider Vorapede as a replacement to Bellowing Tanglewurm because if the majority of your attacking creatures have trample, intimidate isn't a super significant boost.
1 week ago
And MarduMaster, when you link cards, you put TWO brackets on both sides. You might want to make a note of that.
|Avg. draft pick||7.21|
|Avg. cube pick||12.54|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Return to Ravnica||Common|
|2011 Core Set||Common|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana||Common|
|2010 Core Set||Common|
|Masters Edition II||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins||Common|
|Battle Royale Box Set||Common|
|Classic Sixth Edition||Common|
|Limited Edition Beta||Common|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer||Rare|
- Distortion Strike + Giant Growth
- Giant Growth + Rancor
- Distortion Strike + Giant Growth + Vines of Vastwood
- Giant Growth + Malignus
- Giant Growth + Glistener Elf
- Carnage Wurm + Giant Growth
- Giant Growth + Hunter's Prowess + Slaughterhorn
- Blighted Agent + Giant Growth
- Centaur Battlemaster + Giant Growth
- Giant Growth + Revenge of the Hunted
- Fabled Hero + Giant Growth
- Giant Growth + Xenagos, God of Revels
- Giant Growth + Lure
- Giant Growth + Jump
- Curiosity + Giant Growth + One with Nature
- Fabled Hero + Giant Growth + Gods Willing
- Giant Growth + Titanic Growth
- Cavalry Pegasus + Fabled Hero + Giant Growth
- Forest + Giant Growth
- Cast into Darkness + Giant Growth
- Giant Growth + Groundswell + Mutagenic Growth
- Giant Growth + Wild Beastmaster
- Giant Growth + Groundbreaker
- Giant Growth + Mutagenic Growth + Mutagenic Growth
- Giant Growth + Serra Angel