|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Priest of Titania
Creature — Elf Druid
: Add to your mana pool for each Elf in play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (26)||tragic_slip , Vergil_Redgrail , thetechzombie , ironax , DudeMan1031 , Lucretian , aeonstoremyliver , Doom_of_Valyria , Joblaska , Metaphisyk , , bakunet , lolpatrol , Reliva , damo_rox , Spinalripper , Shiromakuro , nakni , ACCG , mziter501 , RileySisay , teslacoil7992 , Swamy , mazrimtaim , slemulv , Sparky41|
|Want (26)||1337_Nerd , buildingadeck , toastertree , Turtlelover73 , fireborne1986 , zgriffin1989 , Hosween , flipdipple , Moonling , timothysavage1 , Voxzorz , Elphane , Sonlin , bpm4 , Franck8666 , pelzee , CryAll , Cunningcrow , TheFanatic , hatin117 , Bellzworth , Cauthan , Orphanbeater , notsaying , goodair , kovellen|
Priest of Titania Discussion
4 days ago
I like it, +1. A few thoughts:
I wouldn't run Druid of the Cowl, Leaf Gilder and Lifespring Druid when you haven't yet included Fyndhorn Elves, Elvish Mystic, Elves of Deep Shadow, Birds of Paradise or Priest of Titania. Consider Somberwald Sage as well - turn one dork, turn two Sage sets you up for turn three Prossh.
Obelisk of Jund is strictly worse than Darksteel Ingot, and Kodama's Reach will probably prove more useful than Pristine Talisman. Also, I'd replace Wild Wanderer with Farhaven Elf. Ashnod's Altar and Cryptolith Rite offer cheap sources of mana boom.
I'd also try to get rid of lands that unconditionally enter tapped, unless the land is quite good. Guildgates and lifegain lands are definitely less valuable than lands like Luxury Suite or Spire Garden, Smoldering Marsh etc.
6 days ago
Megalomania: The lifegain seems useful against Purphoros-esque style decks. But having a harder mana cost is a downside. Also, the positive interaction that Rec Sage has with Priest of Titania seems good.
6 days ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
1 week ago
1 week ago
Sensei's Divining Top was already in the deck. As for the cuts, I don't think that I can cut Elvish Visionary or Joraga Treespeaker. The deck needs a critical mass of elves for cards like Priest of Titania to be effective. Harmonize can probably be cut, and Seeds of Renewal has constantly impressed me. I really like having Regrowth type effects, so I might try Noxious Revival.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
McToters thank you again for your feedback. (Do I need to mention you every time for you to notice?)
For Revive and Gaea's Blessing, I have them in there to be able to get cards from my graveyard back into my hand effectively (Skyshroud Poacher is a nice tutor). With the added bonus of Gaea's Blessing being able to draw an extra card every time I play it.
Primal Command is something I placed in there because it's a mix of both tutor and getting a creature back from my graveyard. I'm pretty sure I don't have many of these kinds of resurrection cards in my deck currently. It's for when vital pieces such as Elvish Archdruid, Priest of Titania and Wirewood Channeler all get killed. I also feel like that the cost shouldn't be too much of an issue if I play it around turn 4 or 5 if my starting hand goes well.
I agree with you on the other 5 cards. Gaea's Touch seems to be a redundancy as I already have Exploration. Selesnya Signet is a ramp card, which I don't need as if I _do _need it, something has already gone wrong. Natural State is just a bad Naturalize. Savage Summoning is something I put in there at my friend's recommendation. Someone in the playgroup is going to be running as Esper deck. Wilt-Leaf Liege I placed in there as I saw it was recommended on EDHrec. It would give all my tokens a +1/+1 and my legendaries a +2/+2, which I thought was pretty nice.
A friend recommended I remove Huatli, Radiant Champion, Omnath, Locus of Mana, and Vitalize. He argued that Hautli is a slow card, and does not change the board state immediately. I do see what he means, as it would take 2 turns for him to actually do anything for me, as even if I used his -1 ability the instant I played him, that creature would just be blocked. Omnath was said to be redundant, as my mana dork deck was based around actually using that mana. I argued that it was just a plan B in case I didn't draw any of my other heavy cmc spells, but he argued again that it was a pretty bad plan B if the threat can be removed with a single removal spell. Vitalize he said was not worth a card. I fully disagree with him on that, as I figured that it would basically be giving me another turn instantly, as I would be able to use Rhys' abilities twice in a turn.
I don't think he's played a token deck before, so I'd like another opinion on those cards as well.
2 weeks ago
All Infinite Mana Combos
Just need to find ways to tutor for Umbral Mantle in Mono Green