Creature — Devil
Bedlam Reveler costs less to cast for each instant and sorcery card in your graveyard.
Prowess (Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
When Bedlam Reveler enters the battlefield, discard your hand, then draw three cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bedlam Reveler Discussion
1 day ago
Wow, a bunch of comments! That's kind of cool to come back to.
The_Dastardly_Dr.Od, yeah, the build is based on budget stuff. Our house went through a minor natural disaster, so my cards are very disorganized. I have not had a chance to look at my cards to see what I do have available. The last thing I ran grixis was based on Halimar Tidecaller and Dragons! For this Frontier build, I'm going to stick to U/R. I like the other cards you mentioned though. I will need an answer for graveyard, you're right. I will also have to look at Bedlam Reveler because that would be fun to play in this deck.
Khloebunni, I never had all those special lands to begin with, so I probably won't be able to add them all. Once I get to a point where I can look through my cards, though, I will add whatever fetch lands and special lands I do have. As far as choosing Startled Awake Flip or Mind Sculpt, yeah, I have to go with the 13 cards because it's a devastating hit!
SlimJim83, it has been some time since I really looked at the deck, but I remember that Turn 7 was when I usually devastated my opponent. That means it's too slow. I haven't looked much into Kaladesh or Aether Revolt. I was thinking I needed more counter spells or more burn. The combo of Fevered Visions and Sphinx's Tutelage is just too good, though. There have been plenty of games where I lost and my opponent only had 1 or 2 cards left in his library. I love the tension in the games. Maybe this makes it a bit casual and not a final round contender, but I really like how fun it is to play.
2 days ago
Bedlam Reveler seems pretty good if you want to focus on harness the storm. It's also a great beater that can come out early. cathartic in my opinion is amazing.
2 days ago
Well, I used to play something eerily similar to this, but I don't have the list anymore.
I have some suggestions, but feel free to disagree:
- If you're playing tempo, the card you're looking for is Remand. This is so much value in a build focused on racing the opponent for life while you're only pushing his game slightly back off.
- I like Young Pyromancer because of the insane board presence he generates, but Abbot of Keral Keep won me some games in the past. He creates a weird kind of card advantage and slams somewhat good due to his prowess effect. And, I don't really think 3 is a good number for Bedlam Reveler. I normally run 1 or 2 copies.
- Aren't you flooding lands running 20? I don't know man, I love lands. Seriously, I run 24 on my Esper. But he is a draw-go build, with few or none card advantage. Currently, my far aggro decks have been running 16 (check Suicide Zoo). But, having a UR manabase with some draw engines that filter your top and give you nearly free cards, I believe 20 is quite a lot. I'd give it a shot with 18 or 19.
- Your sideboard needs a little working, but I don't know your local metagame, so it's hard to say anything. Just saying, you might want to test Electrickery. It's interesting in my meta.
- I'd like having more Vapor Snags. This cards is bonkers against Tasigur and Wurmcoils.
Anyhow, loved your list. You have something really nice here.Keep it up! +1
3 days ago
Just discovered a pile of cards I forgot I had and figured I'd see if anyone was interested in buying some of them. They all (should) be priced at ~10% lower than the lowest price I saw on TCG, but if you find a lower price, I'm willing to beat it...
Here's what's left:
3 LP Puresteel Paladin: $8 each/ 3 for $21
1 NM Extirpate (Planar Chaos): $3.50
1 NM Foil Bedlam Reveler: $3.00
1 NM Thought-Knot Seer: $5.00
4 days ago
Have you considered Collective Defiance and Chandra, Flamecaller? Both are burn spell (chandra more or less, she burns via elementals), can kill creatures and can refill your hand. They could take some tormenting voice or cathartic reunion slots, as in burn you generally want to have as much burn spells as posible, and as filter carts are great to keep you going, they don't do any damage at all, and having too many move your strategy from burn to control. If you insist on keeping like 6 of them in, why not 2 Bedlam Reveler main deck? You probably will be filling your graveyard with spells pretty quickly, and then again, the reveler is a good way to refill you hand while being able to do some damage.
What i have been trying to say, you gotta be more agressive than this to be considered burn.
4 days ago
Consider Bedlam Reveler. Great source of card draw mid to late game, rarely costs more than 2 or 3 in a deck like this, and has Prowess to boot. On the flip side, if you want a more controlly option, try Niblis of Frost, especially against creature-heavy decks.
5 days ago
I have a couple izzet burn decks you might wanna check out if you get a minute (for sideboard ideas)
hope this helps!!