|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
Legendary Creature — Human Warrior
Reyhan, Last of the Abzan enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it.
Whenever a creature you control dies or is put into the command zone, if it had one or more +1/+1 counters on it, you may put that many +1/+1 counters on target creature.
Partner (You can have two commanders if both have partner.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Reyhan, Last of the Abzan Discussion
2 days ago
Grappling Hook and Argentum Armor are nice, but are expensive mana wise. I might need a Brass Squire in there to help out. Cards that really appeal to me are Sigarda's Aid, Aspect of Mongoose, Vanishing, Pollenbright Wings, and even though I really want it, Bear Umbra is expensive. I might have to axe blade of selves for that, though I want to keep it since Reyhan, Last of the Abzan benefits greatly and might I want to get it for a future combo. Ugghhh, that's a tough choice.
2 days ago
Looks pretty good, I have a Sram deck with fairly similar counts on voltron + lands & it tends to beat face consistently. Your's is a little different in that you utilize 2x commanders. That being said, I see a couple of reasons for KEEPING Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
- GREEN color identity, those low cost green hexproof/shroud auras are reason enough to keep Reyhan - In fact I'd think about more due to you having a self-growing commander that isn't quite so screwed by shroud: Sexy BUDGET green aura to think about - Aspect of Mongoose , Canopy Cover , and CURSES!! Bear Umbra isn't budget but it sure smacks people. Pollenbright Wings can suddenly make you swing/block wide & is ridiculous with all that double strike.
- You use so much shroud so it is nice to have a secondary equip option, unfortunately in Sram I actually had to PULL Lightning Greaves due to several games where I played it early for protection but never found myself drawing in to a new equip option; fortunately for you, you have a 2nd option readily available in Reyhan if Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker is shrouded & blocked from further equip/targeting (nifty bonus that his innate ability lets him continue to grow)
Other things I think I noticed/possible suggestions (trying to stay on budget)
- Vanishing - SERIOUSLY CAREFULLY READ THE RULINGS ON HOW PHASING WORKS!!!!!!!!! - I have seen this card attached to Zur wreaking MASSIVE havoc, it is by far more damaging than both indestructible & hexproof combined (as long as you have 2 blue mana open (the only downside for you is if you phase out (Ishai - I don't think his ability makes him grow... but still very strong) Seems mostly superior to Mistmeadow Witch
- Sigarda's Aid maybe?
- Trepanation Blade can surprise people
- Sword of the Animist a little $$ right now for some reason :(
- Grappling Hook I know the cmc is steep but I have surprised quite a few people by using that secondary ability
- Argentum Armor maybe a bit steep $$ or cmcwise
- I would think about taking out Blade of Selves although it is cool I THINK duplicating your legendary creatures would be a dead effect seeing as how those legendary duplicates would be instantly erased (maybe you have it for some deathtrigger combo with Reyhan?)
- Banshee's Blade or because
Really neat deck, I'm a little jealous of some of the color combos & other stuff you utilize that Sram cannot. Curious as to how it would square off against Sram voltron.. probably a 50/50 FAST game type of situation. Also, would depend heavily on the types of mana base both decks were drawing in to.
3 days ago
5 days ago
So due to being less than thrilled with my Bant Token deck, I was thinking about rejigging it to be a voltron deck since my commander; Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker is pretty good at powering themselves up since I often play multiple opponents in my local magic group, and was considering of changing it to a new theme.
Cards I own
I For control and disruption I have plenty of control cards like Convolute, Counterspell, Simic Charm, Spell Rupture, etc... Disruption includes Divine Reckoning, Pacifism, Diminish, Paralyzing Grasp, Rapid Hybridization, Defang, Cage of Hands As well as stuff that trashes enchantments and Artifacts.
For powering up my commander my Artifact pool is less than ideal, had to work with what I got. They include Trailblazer's Boots, Fireshrieker, Skyblinder Staff, Ring of Evos Isle, Grafted Exoskeleton, and Livewire Lash.
Enchantments and effects for protecting my commander and/or giving them evasion include: Infiltrator's Magemark, Holy Mantle, Guildscorn Ward, Alpha Authority, Ghostform, Sheltering Word, Survive the Night, Haze of Pollen, Shielded Passage, Rogue's Passage etc...
Mana Ramp: Assume all of my mana rocks in the bant deck are going to be cannibalized.
Creatures: I don't have the good stuff to do a true one man voltron, but I can use walls like Angelic Wall, Fog Bank, Wall of Frost for protecting myself and the effects of creatures like Fan Bearer, Mistmeadow Witch, New Prahv Guildmage, to aid my commander so they can swing in for lethal damage.
Cards I'm Scouting to Buy
New commander to pair with Ishai: Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
The cards I'm looking to get for this build would be things like the WUBRG Wards and the dual color protection like Shield of Duty and Reason, and Spectra Ward. Mask of Avacyn, Swiftfoot Boots, Aqueous Form, Steel of the Godhead, Indestructibility, and Battle Mastery
Think this is something that I can/should pull off? Any Budget recommendations?
6 days ago
mad_hatter_md01, are you offering to make a donation? (;
Top four changes would be Bloodspore Thrinax, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Rishkar, Peema Renegade, and Reyhan, Last of the Abzan. Those are the ones that would really oil the gears in this deck. They'd probably go in for things like Vein Drinker and Varolz, the Scar-Striped, Curse of Stalked Prey, Skirsdag Cultist, and so forth.
Past that, it's really up to you. Doubling Season, Meren of Clan Nel Toth, Atarka's Command, Damnation, Sarkhan Vol...just whatever floats your boat. They wouldn't be in my ideal deck, necessarily, but you can certainly find ways to spend money on a counters-and-tokens-and-reanimation build.
Hope that helps answer your question. Let me know if I can clarify. Cheers!
1 week ago
I'm having a great time with this. First playtest against one of my longtime magic partners went something like this: T1: Forest, Burgeoning T2: Forest x3, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds T3: Forest, tapped Selvala, Heart of the Wilds for Reyhan, Last of the Abzan then Solidarity of Heroes Then the concede. I dislike concessions and will myself play a losing game until there's no way out, but still...my board state was something like 14 mana on Turn 4. Mad props, deck builder! I'll be interested to see how your deck evolves, and how it differs now that I set up my own copy to mess around with. I had about half the card selection you did while cruising various synergies in witch-maw colors before stumbling on this glorious item. Keep it up!
1 week ago
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord and Rishkar's Expertise are both solid choices but i tried Reyhan, Last of the Abzan and it made me a boardwipe magnet because my creatures were getting too big too fast and i didn't have much shenanigans to do with the amount of counters that was pilling up and my board was being cleaned every turn.
1 week ago
Some other things I just thought of: Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord can Fling your guys after they are nice and beefy. And Reyhan, Last of the Abzan is a better and cheaper Death's Presence. Almost forgot, Rishkar's Expertise is amazing.