Gahiji, Honored One
Legendary Creature — Beast
Whenever a creature attacks one of your opponents or a planeswalker an opponent controls, that creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Gahiji, Honored One Discussion
4 weeks ago
An interesting idea, but I feel with that specific commander you should get more combat oriented creatures that can perhaps help out the entire board. Ones like Edric, Spymaster of Trest or Gahiji, Honored One. Even Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist I think could support your gameplan.
4 weeks ago
A few non-standard includes here that I think are neat:
- Frontline Medic as another Iraos effect is neat.
- Jazal Goldmane as an alternative (and cheaper!) Pathbreaker Ibex is really cool
- Grave Titan seems pretty spicey for Saskia tokens. Seeing it here, I now wonder why it's run so little.
The mana base here seems extremely greedy. Only 1 mana rock and 36 lands for a 4.2 average CMC just seems a little too inconsistent.
Some possible adds:
- Odric, Master Tactician gives another way to push through damage without losing board presence.
- Brutal Hordechief (which you removed from the precon) may be worth another look for the same reason
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal lets you share some of the powerful keywords like Flying and Deathtouch
- Samut, Voice of Dissent is another haste enabler that can also share a reasonable keyword salad
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion can both produce tokens and provide a mostly one-sided board wipe
- Gahiji, Honored One is both a pump effect and can incentivize your opponents to attack each other
- Heliod, God of the Sun is msotly just going to be a vigilence enabler. I think its 4-mana "make one kind of crappy token" ability is a trap in Saskia (even though I love it in other decks)
- Sire Of Insanity seems worse at doing its job than the Conqueror's Flail that you removed from the stock list. Saskia tends to hold more cards than you'd think.
- Archetype of Aggression is mostly granting trample to things that aren't likely to use it very well. Most of your mass buffs that would make it useful grant trample anyway.
- Lurking Predators with only 29 creatures and no other top manipulation seems pretty ambitious. I get that it can filter away lands, but I can't imagine where you wouldn't rather just draw a threat instead.
- Mystic Barrier really hurts you when you have a wide board and draw mass pump. It's cute, and I fully support running it as a fun card, but it's usually going to hurt you more than help.
- Mardu Strike Leader seems right on the edge of worth it. Seems like a meta call, but it probably wouldn't feel terrible to lose it.
2 months ago
I like the deck although it is fairly random... First thing I would say is take Marath out. He's mainly used for token decks and you have almost no token generation here - at least compared to a Rhys the Redeemed or Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons deck. I would exchange him for Gahiji, Honored One or even completely take the white out of this deck and use Ruric Thar, the Unbowed or Xenagos, God of Revels.
On top of that, I think you need to streamline this deck and cut out some expensive beaters and trade them for more effective spells like Savage Beating or Natural Order and a bunch of green ramp cards.
Deck has a lot of potential with a few quick fixes!
2 months ago
And if you're going Naya, I'd be remiss if I didn't shamelessly point out my own Smashface Gardening with Rith too :-)
2 months ago
Oh man, thank you all for so many options to look into!
These are definitely great suggestions. I'll look into some EDH decks posted on here and get a feel for how particular ones are built.
I think I'll try my hand at LoneCrusader399's suggestion of Gahiji, Honored One. I currently have a Turn 3 Izzet deck centered around creatures like Kiln Fiend where I cast spells like Titan's Strength to push massive damage through at instant speed. My largest amount of unblocked damage was 158 in one turn. But I also have an infinite combat phase Boros deck combining Aurelia, the Warleader + Flamerush Rider (The token he generates will trigger a 3rd combat phase. You sacrifice the token and repeat. Cast indestructible on your guys and beat face eternally).
I'd also have access to Omnath. I understand the +(2) cost each time your Commander is removed, so I'd like to keep with a lower-cost boss first.
And since R/W/G all give access to tokens, Gahiji gets even deadlier.
2 months ago
If you want to play a deck that can smash face while also playing into the political aspect of the format, Gahiji, Honored One would be a good choice.
3 months ago
Extra attack phase cards don't get much better than Aurelia, the Warleader. Gahiji, Honored One, Quietus Spike, True Conviction, Collective Blessing and Dictate of Heliod are pump spells you might like. Hydra Omnivore and Siege Behemoth can always get combat damage in. Outmaneuver, Ride Down, Arachnogenesis are nice combat tricks. Strionic Resonator can copy a damage doubling trigger. Cards like Boros Reckoner, Spitemare, Arcbond can make damage multiply big time. If they are damaged with a furnace of rath effect in play you double the damage to it and then it shoots double damage of that to something else. You quadruple the damage. Plus you gotta throw in Wound Reflection.