Gahiji, Honored One
Legendary Creature — Beast
Whenever a creature attacks one of your opponents or a planeswalker an opponent controls, that creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||Lucretian , Forkbeard , pskinn01 , HR19 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , rockleemyhero , Psycheretic , , Dr.Jackel , Antiat , cryptoplasm , mziter501 , PTsmitty , sneferie|
|Want (2)||sebek33 , mlouden03|
Gahiji, Honored One Discussion
1 month ago
Hi, I play Gahiji, Honored One myself and decided to build it as a fast and explosive deck. That's why I cut cards like Parallel Lives, Assemble the Legion or Iroas, God of Victory. Especially the first two can go crazy if they stick around too long, but if you're playing in a rather competitive meta, this will not happen.
Altar of the Brood seems unnecessary to me as a secondary win con. You're also helping the graveyard decks with it.
3 months ago
I was trying to do something like this, but couldn't get it to work how I wanted it to. Here are some cards that might work. Excited to see where you take this concept!
- Goblin Spymaster
- Basandra, Battle Seraph (could be a good commander option)
- Duelist's Heritage
- Gahiji, Honored One (could be a good commander option)
Discourage them from attacking you:
3 months ago
I didn't really want to do aura voltron (I don't like voltron). If I don't just decide to do Selesnya, I will likely do Abzan. I was thinking of like a Gahiji, Honored One group slug, but I already have a group slug deck. Between Bant goodstuff and Abzan hate, I like the hate deck more.
3 months ago
Hello! Welcome to the format :)
I took a look at the commanders you have access to and my personal favourite is Alesha. Problem is, she usually leans more heavily towards combo/reanimator rather than aggro.
For an aggro/control build I would suggest naya colours () perhaps led by Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa and Tana, the Bloodsower, or, Gahiji, Honored One. Red provides haste, green provides ramp and white offers protection and removal. It's a simple strategy to follow but it can be very fun and resilient if build accordingly! Mayael could also be interesting if you wanna go tall (few REALLY big creatures) instead of wide (LOTS of smaller ones).
4 months ago
An interesting idea, but I feel with that specific commander you should get more combat oriented creatures that can perhaps help out the entire board. Ones like Edric, Spymaster of Trest or Gahiji, Honored One. Even Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist I think could support your gameplan.
4 months ago
A few non-standard includes here that I think are neat:
- Frontline Medic as another Iraos effect is neat.
- Jazal Goldmane as an alternative (and cheaper!) Pathbreaker Ibex is really cool
- Grave Titan seems pretty spicey for Saskia tokens. Seeing it here, I now wonder why it's run so little.
The mana base here seems extremely greedy. Only 1 mana rock and 36 lands for a 4.2 average CMC just seems a little too inconsistent.
Some possible adds:
- Odric, Master Tactician gives another way to push through damage without losing board presence.
- Brutal Hordechief (which you removed from the precon) may be worth another look for the same reason
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal lets you share some of the powerful keywords like Flying and Deathtouch
- Samut, Voice of Dissent is another haste enabler that can also share a reasonable keyword salad
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion can both produce tokens and provide a mostly one-sided board wipe
- Gahiji, Honored One is both a pump effect and can incentivize your opponents to attack each other
- Heliod, God of the Sun is msotly just going to be a vigilence enabler. I think its 4-mana "make one kind of crappy token" ability is a trap in Saskia (even though I love it in other decks)
- Sire Of Insanity seems worse at doing its job than the Conqueror's Flail that you removed from the stock list. Saskia tends to hold more cards than you'd think.
- Archetype of Aggression is mostly granting trample to things that aren't likely to use it very well. Most of your mass buffs that would make it useful grant trample anyway.
- Lurking Predators with only 29 creatures and no other top manipulation seems pretty ambitious. I get that it can filter away lands, but I can't imagine where you wouldn't rather just draw a threat instead.
- Mystic Barrier really hurts you when you have a wide board and draw mass pump. It's cute, and I fully support running it as a fun card, but it's usually going to hurt you more than help.
- Mardu Strike Leader seems right on the edge of worth it. Seems like a meta call, but it probably wouldn't feel terrible to lose it.
5 months ago
I like the deck although it is fairly random... First thing I would say is take Marath out. He's mainly used for token decks and you have almost no token generation here - at least compared to a Rhys the Redeemed or Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons deck. I would exchange him for Gahiji, Honored One or even completely take the white out of this deck and use Ruric Thar, the Unbowed or Xenagos, God of Revels.
On top of that, I think you need to streamline this deck and cut out some expensive beaters and trade them for more effective spells like Savage Beating or Natural Order and a bunch of green ramp cards.
Deck has a lot of potential with a few quick fixes!
5 months ago
And if you're going Naya, I'd be remiss if I didn't shamelessly point out my own Smashface Gardening with Rith too :-)