|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Goat
Whenever Pathbreaker Ibex attacks, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the greatest power among creatures you control.
Pathbreaker Ibex Discussion
1 month ago
Few suggestions: It's already been mentioned, but Beast Whisperer seems great in your deck, along with Guardian Project and Zendikar Resurgent . Paradox Engine is a bit pricey, but it's a great engine with the aforementioned cards and elves. I know sol ring isn't a creature, but it's hard to argue with a turn 2 Goreclaw. Craterhoof Behemoth and Pathbreaker Ibex help close out games. Praetor's Counsel is a good insurance policy against board wipes. Bane of Progress barely affects you. Wolfbriar Elemental isn't the best win-con, but making random 2/2s helps against edict effects like gravepact and dictate of erebos. Greater Good is another great card-draw option, and lets you sac in response to spot removal or dig for answers. Hope this helps!
1 month ago
Hi, nice deck! By the way, not to be mean or anything, but this seems grabbed straight out from EDHREC, but you can easily fix it up. I enforce the comment from ZendikariWol (he helped me out with They See Me Diggin', They Hatin', my meren deck, sometime ago), in that you need to cut those things which don't really help you winning, but instead make you just "win more". I would consider trying to run more creatures, as you can recycle them any time you need them for their effects. Apart from the cards you already got suggested to add, which I suggest too, I'd also consider:
- Ashnod's Altar is a really explosive must include card. Free sac outlet.
- Skullwinder is super strong. can be used oplitically, but more importantly lets you buy back those noncreature cards that happen to have hit your graveyard. Plus, it's a 1/3 deathtouch.
- Nyx Weaver is the same as the above, but can only be used once. But if it rebuys you the spell that makes you win the game, it suddenly becomes so powerful...
- Mind Slash is a cool sac outlet, that lets you get rid of those spells you don't like, and slow your opponents down.
- Avenger of Zendikar as it floods the board and gives you sacrifice targets. It also can pump up those token, but that's far less likely to happen. Still really solid.
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder is a cool token generator if you ahve access to free sacrifice outlets, but it's a bit slow.
- Harvester of Souls draws lots of cards. The potential of decking yourself is not that much of a problem, considering that you may draw a card, but are not obliged to.
- From Beyond is a cool little token/mana generator, that can tutor up Smothering Abomination .
- Izoni, Thousand-Eyed is both a sac outlet, card draw and token generator. Must have.
- Pathbreaker Ibex and Overwhelming Stampede both make up for very powerful win conditions with all of the aforementioned token generation.
- Woodfall Primus has recently gone down in price and it's a nice piece of removal that can be used twice if a sac outlet is provided.
- Primal Druid is a cool dude that can chump-block and will ramp you like crazy if you start chain reanimating it. It's a worse Viridian Emissary , which is again a worse Dave .
1 month ago
I'm trying to make my Nikya of the Old Ways deck stronger and meaner. I don't think it will ever be competitive but at the moment it feels too predictable. Looking for more creatures with extra utility like Inferno Titan or Spearbreaker Behemoth instead of straight aggro like Ghalta, Primal Hunger or Pathbreaker Ibex . Recently added in some of the spoiled cards from War of the Spark. Need some ideas.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 4 | 308 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
1 month ago
Sweet idea! The squirrel theme is amazing. +1
A suggestion for making your squirrels big in a jam, Mirror Entity . Other ideas: Beastmaster Ascension , Tribal Unity , Triumph of the Hordes , classic Overrun , maybe Kamahl, Fist of Krosa ? Other pumps if interested: Craterhoof Behemoth , Pathbreaker Ibex , Decimator of the Provinces , Siege Behemoth , Day of the Dragons could be super interesting as well. I would say stuff like Overrun and Dragons are probably the weakest here strictly going by the triple of one color needed to cast in a three color deck.
You could even run something like Nemesis Mask to try and swing through for damage as well.
1 month ago
I took out Snuff Out because I only run 4 Swamps, so I feel it is a little inconsistent in being able to cast it without its CMC cost. See the Unwritten was switched because I honestly think the other two cards outvalue it significantly, and it the creatures entering don't give me cascade triggers. I'd prefer to keep things in my library rather than chancing it and getting rid of 6-7 cards for 1 creature.
2 months ago
On the top of my head I would say : - Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger , always nice to have with Pathbreaker Ibex on the board. - Doomgape is also fun with Pathbreaker Ibex - Bojuka Bog instead of Golgari Rot Farm without hesitation - as an autoiclude Creakwood Liege - maybe Savra, Queen of the Golgari for more sac value
2 months ago
hkhssweiss - My poor man's Craterhoof Behemoth right now is Tooth and Nail into Surrak, the Hunt Caller and Pathbreaker Ibex but End-Raze Forerunners is a good option too. Also I desperately want Concordant Crossroads but right now it's a little bit out of my budget. Maybe next paycheck!
- Love all these suggestions. I've definitely been heavily considering Birthing Pod and Triumph of the Hordes . Infect is slightly frowned upon in my group but I might just say fuck it and go in on it anyway. It's too good to leave behind. Champion of Lambholt is an interesting idea that I didn't consider initially but she could also be a really useful inclusion now that I think about it. Got her in a few other decks and she always plays great. Thanks for the suggestions!
2 months ago
As to cut, get rid of your tapped lands, your a 2 color deck and have alot of color fixing spells.
The cards in the description are good, just costly. Umbral Mantle is especially good with a card that untaps lands and/or Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix . Maybe I'm not seeing its purpose so If you don't agree, let me know.
Overwhelming Stampede , Ashnod's Altar , Perilous Forays , Pathbreaker Ibex , Craterhoof Behemoth . The only cards these work with are the cards your using as a pay off, its win more at that point.
Mana Bloom spend x mana, get x mana back
Verdeloth the Ancient
Rancor , Haunted Cloak , Chariot of Victory , Loxodon Warhammer , Vorrac Battlehorns I'm assuming its to make your pay off creatures able to get through with damage? If anything keep the ones that give haste with trample or unblockable only.
I LOVE Selvala, Heart of the Wilds but dam shes $45 bucks now??
Pathbreaker Ibex occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%