|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Goat
Whenever Pathbreaker Ibex attacks, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the greatest power among creatures you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||Dr.Jackel , frederiklw , Vergil_Redgrail , bakunet , sombrevivo , Vasbear1 , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , killstars , Reliva , AlucardZain , Archegos , Spinalripper , AllDayTayTay , Dimarx , bakeraj4 , , Mortiferus_Rosa , rikertchu , Skydra2 , NCN946 , mziter501 , jhTheMan99|
|Want (18)||frederiklw , linejumpr , Puzzlemayor , AlphaSp , Gryffix , SaniTheCat , DillsDells , Geerie , Bluewolf_Sun , psoliver , brutusq13 , LePtitNabot , ferretgr , notsaying , shoebox , ztanos , jtaddeo , rockleemyhero|
Pathbreaker Ibex Discussion
1 day ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
2 days ago
Ok, big update. 6 cards in, 6 out.
3 days ago
I'm not sure if your playgroup is fine with going infinite to win, but I see Sage of Hours run in a lot of Ezuri decks. Desert Twister, Great Oak Guardian and Illusory Ambusher seem relatively weak. If you want good creatures, you could run Invisible Stalker, Fathom Mage, or Gyre Sage. When it comes to removal, Beast Within is better than the twister, or Pongify against creatures. Overrun is a good card in the deck, but a better card is Overwhelming Stampede. Some also run Pathbreaker Ibex.
1 week ago
So I’m creating a Commander deck for the Naya Elder dragon in M19. I decided to go the Massive power increase route through cards like Xenagos, God of Revels and Pathbreaker Ibex to make the 6/6 dragon a much scarier hexproof OHKO monster. But I’m finding that I’m having a hard time finding more cards that have a marginally large power jump ability on permanents. I already know about Craterhoof Behemoth and I have Overwhelming Stampede in it, I just want to know if there are any more creatures, enchantments, or artifacts that could make Pallaida-Mors, the Ruiner the scariest thing on the battlefield.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Heritage Druid: your other elf mana dorks are far more viable and are useful by themselves; with how many dorks you have you would likely have to tap one of them to use her effect anyways
Joraga Treespeaker:He's a mana sinkhole; he'll either die before you can max his level or you'll only max him because you have nothing better to spend the mana on at which point he's useless. He's only actually uniquely useful if you can play him turn one, and that's a long shot
Realm Seekers: A neat card, but would be better replaced with a more lethal creature or at least one with more utility
Sages of the Anima: this one is iffy, but in the end it's a relatively slow effect on a vulnerable stick. I would advise replacing it with something like an enchantment with a similar effect if you're dead set on having something like this, but otherwise just replace it with something else altogether.
I would also advise finding some creatures that are decently lethal quickly on their own. Ezuri can make the little guys dangerous as it is, so the big fellas get real nasty when he can buff them up. You may want to put in a few heavy hitters that can get you lethal, as it decreases your build up time and stops you from having to give a mana dork 2 or 3 turns of +1/+1 tokens and trample to be dangerous. I'll always suggest Pathbreaker Ibex as he can turn one decent creature and some shrimps into an overwhelming force. Giant Adephage would also work great as Ezuri's buff(s) will make it nearly impossible to stop you from getting a token with him, or go with Plated Crusher for a decent mix of durability and damage and to keep budget low. You may also want to look at X drop creatures and see if anything fits your build, as with the number of mana dorks you have and the amount of man you will likely need to keep around to keep Ezuri on the board, they could easily get out of hand. I'll still suggest Scute Mob despite him not being an elf simply because he really fits the theme. There are probably some blue or blue/green creatures that will fit this bill too, but this is a start anyways.
Make sure you have a strong mana base. Your dorks are good and all but you're going to lose them and Ezuri more than once, and you need to be able to replace him without their help. Ensure you have some mana doubling cards to help to this end. Also ensure you have several equipment to give creatures haste; Ezuri's ability triggers at the beginning of combat so you can throw out something nasty and go nuclear at the drop of a hat, catching players off guard with some impressive damage.
2 weeks ago
Il y a d'autres changements que je vais apporter plus tard cette nuit pour le premier deck. Il reste notamment à rajouter Kokusho, Pathbreaker Ibex et Scuttling Doom Engine. Question de te donner plus de wincon. J'aimerais aussi faire une place pour un Berserk et un Overwhelming Stampede. Avenger of Zendikar va sûrement se faire couper. Il est le fun, mais il y a mieux (à mon avis). Pour 7 mana, je préfère justement Protean Hulk, un combo piece. Ça se peut même que je remette Mikaeus maintenant.