|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Goat
Whenever Pathbreaker Ibex attacks, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the greatest power among creatures you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||Dr.Jackel , frederiklw , Vergil_Redgrail , bakunet , sombrevivo , Vasbear1 , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , killstars , Reliva , AlucardZain , Archegos , Spinalripper , Mortiferus_Rosa , bakeraj4 , Dimarx , Azdranax , rikertchu , Skydra2 , MoJoMiXuP , NCN946 , jhTheMan99 , mziter501|
|Want (2)||pskinn01 , rockleemyhero|
Pathbreaker Ibex Discussion
4 days ago
1 week ago
Ideally for my Tatyova deck I would have all the fetch lands, Crucible of Worlds (Which I just got), a Strip Mine as an alternative yet douchey win condition if the game goes on too long, Worldly Tutor, Green Sun's Zenith, Magus of the Future, Dryad Arbor, Vedalken Orrery, Leyline of Anticipation, Thrasios, Triton Hero, Thousand-Year Elixir, Thawing Glaciers, Sylvan Library, Sensei's Divining Top, Seedborn Muse, Murkfiend Liege, Scorched Ruins, Roil Elemental, Rhystic Study, Petrified Field, Patron of the Moon, Pathbreaker Ibex, Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Lotus Vale, Kodama's Reach, Into the Wilds, Hall of the Bandit Lord, Breeding Pool, Flooded Grove, Sylvan Scrying, Expedition Map, Eternal Witness, Dreamscape Artist, Concordant Crossroads, Command Beacon, Chromatic Lantern (IF you have all the fetches), Cephalid Coliseum, Boundless Realms, Blackblade Reforged,Alchemist's Refuge. Not sure if I will put all these in but most for sure and there are some good ideas.
2 weeks ago
I like the deck a few ideas. 1st take Marwyn, the Nurturer out of the 99, your hundredth card will stay in the command zone.
2 weeks ago
All right, finally got the chance to take a proper look at this. Let's start with additions:
- Spelljack. Mentioned this on Reddit, but I love this card.
- Cultivate. EDH staple, should be in 95% of green decks. Nothing more to say.
- Eternal Witness. Same as above.
- Sunbird's Invocation. This card leads to insane value swings. It's fantastic.
- Beast Within. Flexible, instant-speed removal in colors that usually lack it.
- Chaos Warp. Same as above.
- Etali, Primal Storm. This card is balanced by not having haste. Wanderer changes that.
- Pathbreaker Ibex. I have one-shotted several opponents with this, Xenagos, God of Revels, and Wanderer. Do not underestimate.
- Xenagos, God of Revels. 14/12 trample haste Wanderer is insane.
- Skyshroud Claim. One of my personal favorite ramp spells. Also fetches shocklands and battlelands (like Cinder Glade).
- Avenger of Zendikar. Wins games by itself.
- Simic Signet, Izzet Signet, and Gruul Signet. Some of the best ramp in EDH in a deck that really wants ramp. Slam dunk.
- Mystical Tutor. Sets up Wanderer really well.
- Temporal Mastery. Bonkers with Wanderer and tutoring it to top of library.
- Mind's Dilation. This card gives tons of value if not immediately dealt with.
All right, on to cuts:
- Archetype of Aggression. 3 mana 3/2s aren't great, and most of your stuff has trample anyways. Nice with Wanderer, but hurts to cascade into.
- Coiling Oracle. Not a bad card by any means, but I really don't want to cascade into this.
- Elvish Lyrist. Way too slow. Run Unravel the Aether if you really need this effect.
- Jori En, Ruin Diver. I like my card draw spells to be a little flashier than this in Wanderer.
- Siren Stormtamer. I mentioned this on Reddit, but 1 mana 1/1s are really not where you want to be in Wanderer, and I don't think this does what you want it to anyways.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar. Lifegain is nice, but there are better things to do with 7 mana.
- Displace. I'm not seeing a ton of ETB effects to abuse here.
- High Tide. Not great in a 3-color non-combo deck.
- Steam Augury. Strictly worse Fact or Fiction. Meh.
- Unsummon. Not nearly good enough for EDH play. Card disadvantage and allowing re-use of ETB effects seems bad.
- Panharmonicon. Still don't think you have enough ETB effects to abuse.
- Attune with Aether. Not actual ramp; not worth 1 mana.
- Invigorating Falls. I really don't like cards that do nothing but gain life.
I think that's all I can come up with at the moment. Feel free to look at my decklist (Wandering the Eternities) if you'd like other suggestions. Good luck with your deck! I think you'll find it's a ton of fun :)
3 weeks ago
In addition to all the aforementioned, I recommend Regal Behemoth for card draw, Craterhoof Behemoth and Pathbreaker Ibex since you're going wide. In multicolored, Spellbreaker Behemoth keeps your boy safe on the stack, and while we're discussing behemoths that break, Spearbreaker Behemoth makes any of your fatties that much more frightening.
I like Basandra, Battle Seraph in this deck because she can open up the battlefield for your creatures to get in.
So yeah, Naya. Behemoths. The classics.
3 weeks ago
To be honest almost none of your 4 drops measure up to Saskia, so feel free to cut any of them except for Whip of Erebos
Cards like Ghostly Prison don't really seem to fit well into your game plan.
Try adding some scaling 1 and 2 drops like Experiment One, Scute Mob, Gyre Sage, Signal Pest, (and any of the 2 drop battlecry) Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit, Precinct Captain, Voice of Resurgence, Akroan Hoplite, Hanweir Militia Captain Flip
4 weeks ago
Really big fan of how you're using Sagas. You could use Vampire Hexmage to reset them repeatedly, particularly for Phyrexian Scriptures. Copy Enchantment and Clever Impersonator could be useful to stack Sagas. I feel like you could get a lot of value out of Song of Freyalise and Time of Ice as well. Possessed Portal is also a good way to shut the game down while you can keep sacrificing and replaying permanents from the graveyard.
Some stronger wincons could be helpful. You could always use Laboratory Maniac since you already have Hermit Druid. Pathbreaker Ibex can pump your small creatures. Sepulchral Primordial could also reanimate opponents' creatures to fight for you.
1 month ago
Lots of great choices with a commander like Meren.
A few other creatures that come to mind: Mycoloth, Butcher of Malakir, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Fleshbag Marauder, Merciless Executioner, Rune-Scarred Demon, Razaketh, the Foulblooded, Viscera Seer, Pathbreaker Ibex, and Zulaport Cutthroat.
If it ever helps to compare notes, I run a similar list at Mazirek Counters.