|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental
When Regal Force enters the battlefield, draw a card for each green creature you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||robbnoble , Tyrantsblood , Shiromakuro , rikertchu , electrolynx , admizell , NivStormfront , , Lucretian , Roadhog , prete182 , TehDelta , mziter501 , saj0219 , itheoryz , Kleptozaniac , chaus12 , XxCataclysmiCxX|
|Want (15)||Warxuaroz , sne , CaptianClueless , kovellen , dnoate , insanious , samuelianstorm , theilluminaire , MementoMuffin , Loading_Error , RadicalHippo , jp262 , bjcrossley , Uncommon_Courtesy , AquaDave|
Regal Force Discussion
1 week ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
2 weeks ago
Yeah sorry... i was in a rush writing that last comment so my thoughts were all over the place! I wanted to provide the proper feedback.
And I actually just reaized I completely skipped over your draw/tutor question so my apologies for that. I'd recommend Congregation at Dawn if you're looking to just go for your dorks or a gamechanging creature. Weathered Wayfarer and Land Tax are alternative land ramp for white (and Land Tax texhnically allows you tos sift through all your lands if played properly). Same thing goes for Endless Horizons. As far as green draw there's Collective Unconscious, Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force off the top of my head. For a token deck there's always the option of putting in a Skullclamp as well. Always great synergy-draw for a token deck.
I was probably being a bit picky about Primal Command obviously it would depend on your meta (same thing goes for Savage Summoning but straight up it def doesnt help you out any great way with the theme of your deck).
I can also understand why you like keeping Revive and Gaea's Blessing. But remember it depends on your meta--and also remember our deck is t themed around the graveyard. It is always great to have backup plans, so again, we would have to see what doesn't make the cut first. IMO id keep Revive over Gaea's Blessing. And i believe I recall you have an Eternal Witness too, which is in the same vein.
I actually agree with 420chandra's advice about Huatli. I think she is DOPE for tokens and when I saw your list I immediately told my buddy who has Rhys to put her in. And talk about draw for green white... she's your babe. The stupidity would only rise when you're able to get multiple emblems haha.
I totally forgot Wilt-Leaf Liege pumps the tokens... that's a solid call over my mistake.
It's always good to have removal and I didn't want to completely steer you away with saying no to that worse version of Naturalize but it's good you took it out. If your hate runs low think about a Bane of Progress. But all-in-all, Aura Shards should be your master in this regard. (Maybe a Three Dreams to tutor for it? Or Idyllic Tutor i think?)
Hope that all helps! Sorry i wrote so much!
2 weeks ago
elipyon: From all the playtesting, one thing I've noticed is that I desperately need card draw as I run out of gas fairly quickly. Both planeswalkers are great with card advantage and I often time it enough where I don't get affected by Teeg. I've also included Regal Force to help with the draw. Teeg can also be bounced back with Temur Sabertooth if I need to cast any of my walkers. Since I'm playing hatebears, getting walkers out quickly isn't the priority as it's more like a mid range card to refill my hand. Hope that helps!
3 weeks ago
No one plays tier 1 cEDH decks in our area. People generally run optimized or 75% decks with commanders such as Animar, Karador, Non-Doomsday Zur, Krenko, Brago, etc. Marwyn runs pretty well. For a budget deck, it receives a decent percentage of the wins, especially on round 1s when people undervalue the threat of an unknown Marwyn.
Yup, plenty of removals in my meta. Last week, I eventually had to cast Marwyn for 9-mana because she kept getting blasted while waiting for the summoning sickness to wear off. Though I won that game the moment she was able to tap, I realized the importance of haste and providing more protection for Marwyn. Currently leaning more towards Concordant Crossroads at the moment, rather than Swiftfoot Boots. Since it can act as an alternative aggro win enabler if Walking Ballista somehow gets stolen or exiled.
Not that reliable. But it more than makes up for it if he's able to help cast Marwyn by T2. If not, it's an additional cheap +1/+1 counter for Marwyn.
Without the more expensive cards, it's not 100% consistent. But that's what this deck is all about - using all the tutors, and draw cards, and all the bounce-cast shenanigans, to find that infinite combo and mana outlet. You just have to be smart about which plays you'll take. But yeah, it does happen from time to time. Currently intensively playtesting to find the right combination of untap/pump/draw/tutor/elves. But I am quite satisfied with the current list. And yup, Berserk is amazing! Currently exchanged it with Gift of Growth just to playtest in the upcoming LGS tourneys. I just wanted to see how budget I can make Marwyn. But if you have Berserk, it is a definite include!
Yup. With infinite mana, I usually keep activating his ability until I hit a Walking Ballista for the win. Without infinite mana, it's a way to keep on going forward to hopefully hit more untap/draw/tutor.
Yup. Instant speed. Either you already have your Walking Ballista or Helix Pinnacle on the field when you hit your infinite mana combo, or you can use an into-the-battlefield instant tutor such as Chord of Calling. I can try Yeva, but my first impression is that it's too expensive at 4 CMC for the flash ability.
Thanks for this. Multani's Acolyte seems pretty nice. Will find a slot for it.
Depends on what I need at the moment. Usually Wirewood Symbiote for the instant untap and the potential infinite mana combo. But other cards like Fierce Empath, Quirion Ranger, Scryb Ranger, Skullwinder, Eternal Witness, and Duskwatch Recruiter Flip are all decent targets.
Above average. It gives the option of either tutoring for those untappers for more storm fuel, or for a massive card draw with Regal Force. The versatility makes me want to keep him as part of the deck.
Currently a flex slot for me. It wasn't consistently useful in most games, and I found that a lot of time it just sits in my hand while I cast other more useful cards. Currently removed it from the deck and exchanged it with Concordant Crossroads for playtesting. But still unsure about it. Might slot it in again eventually.
3 weeks ago
Thanks elgosu1337 for the recommendations. Got a playtest session in with the playgroup and I did find some cards to pull and some things the deck was lacking. I was definitely vulnerable to token strategies that got past my big creatures so I added Massacre Wurm and Glacial Chasm to prevent that from getting out of hand. The next area was a lack of sacrifice outlets so I added Squandered Resources to get lands in the grave when needed and Greater Good to cash in on big creatures or tokens. The last area I wanted to improve was my tutor targets; in goes Regal Force for massive card draw and Ulvenwald Hydra get a key land and stop those flyers from getting in. Keep the suggestions rolling if you think I need to cut/add anything else
1 month ago
Thanks Rzepkanut, I will definitely consider your suggestions. I don't have that many green creatures (usually I have 3-5) on the board to make Regal Force that good in my deck, but Shalai, Voice of Plenty must be included, thanks.
1 month ago
You asked for cuts to add new cards, I recommend these:
- Panharmonicon - fun card but you actually have very few payoffs for it.
- Lys Alana Huntmaster - deck's not tribal enough to really do that much token making, so I'm not sure its worth it to run. There are better token making cards if you really want a token machine.
- Frontline Medic - it was an underwhelming card in games for me when I tried it ever.
- Shield of the Oversoul - meh, I'm not usually a fan of this kind of protection...since its only effective against "destroy" it's far less reliable than hexproof usually. I think I like Shalai, Voice of Plenty better personally because it's more threatening. If your board gets wiped a lot it might be worth keeping Shield in though.
I would not cut Dragonlord Dromoka!! She is a much bigger pain in the ass than Grand Abolisher because she is so big, even though she doesn't stop activated abilities like the Abolisher does...if anything find room for both. They are both very strong cards.
Here is my Selvala deck, maybe it has other ideas for you:
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 19 | 14 COMMENTS | 2430 VIEWS | IN 7 FOLDERS
Happy gathering :)
1 month ago
This deck is very similar to my Ezuri, Claw of Progress deck. Because of that, you can probably use some of the win cons. One that's good in any +1/+1 counter deck is using cards like Triumph of the Hordes or Overwhelming Stampede. These cards will let ya trample your opponents with overwhelming power for a nice clean win with damage or a dirty win with infect. Another win con I use that is a bit more expensive is Tooth and Nail for 9 mana to search for Avenger of Zendikar and Craterhoof Behemoth. However if you do not want to use Tooth and Nail , I do recommend just using Craterhoof Behemoth that card alone has won me many games. Some fun cards I recommend too are Vigor and Regal Force for protecting all your creatures and drawing a lot of cards.
I hope these tips help you out. :D