|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creatures you control have hexproof. (They can't be the targets of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
: Regenerate target creature.
|Have (6)||ironax , ninjasupahsquid , Tmanator , MattN7498 , PTsmitty ,|
|Want (7)||mcslicks , Talonisnthavingit , npschu104 , ExultantCultist94 , UnknownSky , Turtlelover73 , sleepy104|
4 days ago
I think you'd want to focus on proliferate and putting +1/+1 counters on your creatures.
I think that you have a larger number of enchantments then you need. Here are my suggestions to sharpen this area of your deck. Web of Inertia should be replaced with Inexorable Tide . Sheltered Aerie can be replaced with Hardened Scales . This next swab can be a large chunk of money but is a significant upgrade. Asceticism is an upgrade for Shielding Plax . It is up to you but I would cut Beastmaster Ascension and Bred for the Hunt . You can replace them with value creatures that allow you to utilize your commander.
For Sorcery, I am going to again focus on proliferate. Miming Slime creates a creature who can be powerful but not of value, instead I would put in Tezzeret's Gambit . Verdant Confluence is a good card but beings with it a high mana cost. Triumph of the Hordes is cheaper, buffs all your creatures, and threatens your opponents with an infect trample attack. I would replace Confluence with the Triumph of the Hordes card. Cultivate could be more versatile and cheaper then Journey of Discovery .
Now instants. Druid's Deliverance focuses on populate. This ability is for doubling tokens and not counters. Krosan Grip is more value as you get to remove a target artifact or enchantment. Your other cards are good choices but preventing combat damage just slows you down. I would remove Respite and Root Snare . You can use this spot to add 2 more creatures that will buff your experience counters.
Lands look great! Some suggestions would be Yavimaya Coast , Temple of Mystery , Evolving Wilds or Terramorphic Expanse , Botanical Sanctum , and Hinterland Harbor . Sand Silos can slow you down somewhat and Darksteel Citadel only produces colorless mana. It is up to you on how you want to combine these suggestions. My last note is that your land count should be between 37 and 39 to make sure you can constantly play mana and don't get stuck.
Creatures are the bread and butter of your deck. You need them for those experience counters, so let's start putting in some value creatures that benefit you. Wall of Mist is a defender that will never attack, instead lets try to put in Chasm Skulker . Skulker can get very scary and when he is removed, you have an army of tokens. Cultivator of Blades can help to power up your creatures on an attack, triggers an experience counter, and is cheaper in mana then Oran-Rief Hydra . Druid of the Cowl can be upgraded with Gyre Sage . Sakura-Tribe Scout and Wayward Swordtooth allow you to play additional lands but this doesn't benefit your gameplan. Herald of Secret Streams and Champion of Lambholt are good value cards to replace them. Gladehart Cavalry is very expensive mana wise. Vorel of the Hull Clade is a great replacement that doubles your counters. Overgrown Armasaur should be replaced with Managorger Hydra .
6 days ago
Asceticism , Eldrazi Monument , Moldgraf Monstrosity , Stromgald Cabal , Spearbreaker Behemoth , Mikaeus, the Unhallowed , and Cauldron of Souls are probably your best options for wrath protection. You can always take them away with Deceiver Exarch , Pilfering Imp , Cabal Interrogator , Disciple of Phenax , or Mind Slash .
1 week ago
triproberts12 Hey bud! So do you not like Kindred Boon ? I'm going to swap it out for an Asceticism whenever I acquire one but I ended up liking the solid protection it brings. It may well be a tad expensive though. Thank you for pointing out Duelist's Heritage and its politicking ability! I haven't seen the card before. I agree that Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip is a little iffy, as I find it usually only flips when I have loads of big Dinos on the board anyway, and the land tutoring ability of Hour of Promise may well be worth it instead. I think I'll cut Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip for Hour of Promise and cut Onward / Victory for Blood Mist until I acquire a Duelist's Heritage (or I could include Blood Mist also and cut something else?). I'm not sure about cutting the Bellowing Aegisaur for Sakura-Tribe Elder only because of its combo potential with Forerunner of the Empire + Polyraptor . Is there any other Dinos that you think are weaker? What are your opinions about my exclusion of Atzocan Seer and Drover of the Mighty or the other cards in the Maybeboard? I really appreciate the help thanks awfully :)
3 weeks ago
OK so the deck glitched out and it didn't work out the way I wanted it to so I will just put in a comment of what I would do/suggestions. 1. You have too many lands. 30-35 lands is what you would look for in a deck. So I would cut down to 35 lands and use those 5 that you cut out to get ramp. I would put in Sol Ring , Kodama's Reach , Zendikar Resurgent , Commander's Sphere , and Urza's Incubator . 2. I would also get rid of the things that are giving you non-dragon creatures. So I would take out Goblinslide , Devils' Playground , Dragon Fodder , Dance with Devils . This is so that you can use cards like Vanquisher's Banner and Door of Destinies so that you can pump up your dragons and do more damage! 3. You have some creatures that are there just to be there. I would replace all non-dragon creatures other than Dragonmaster Outcast . Dragons that you can use to replace are; Lathliss, Dragon Queen , Savage Ventmaw , Utvara Hellkite , Scourge of Valkas , Hellkite Tyrant , Moonveil Dragon , and Thundermaw Hellkite . 4. Although your dragons can remove creatures you need to be able to deal with enchantment, artifacts, and you also have to protect your dragons as well! So I would remove Draconic Roar , Echoing Courage , Sarkhan's Rage , Savage Alliance , Stonefury , Bathe in Dragonfire , Devour in Flames , Make Mischief , Reduce to Ashes , Sarkhan's Dragonfire , Atarka Monument , Staff of the Flame Magus , Outpost Siege , and Retreat to Kazandu . You already have dragons doing damage when they Enter The Battlefield so I would take out instants or sorceries that are doing that. Plus I recommended taking out some of the ramp that you already had because there is better ramp. For removal I would suggest Beast Within , Naturalize , Decimate , Hull Breach , and Vandalblast . Now to protect your creatures I would add Heroic Intervention and Asceticism . 5. Last but CERTAINLY not least, MANA! Ok so I know I mentioned going down to 35 but even if you just take away 5 basic lands there are non-basics that I would take out that might fix you down to 35 and then I will give some recommended lands that might help. I would take out Crumbling Vestige , Gruul Turf , Looming Spires , Pinecrest Ridge , Quicksand , and Vivid Crag . I would put in Command Tower , Cinder Glade , Rootbound Crag , Mosswort Bridge , Spinerock Knoll , and Spire Garden . Ok so I know that is a LOT to take in but please take note that I am in no way a professional helper. This is all in my opinion and don't let me influence your playstyle. I am happy to answer questions if I can and I am here to help!
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
1 month ago
Love this dude--haven't played against anyone with this deck yet. This looks pretty solid.
Off the top of my head I think you could add some commander protection (not sure if he gets targeted very much), but on the chance that he does, Swiftfoot Boots , Whispersilk Cloak , Archetype of Endurance , Asceticism , and something really interesting in Darksteel Garrison since your dude comes out as a land (I would assume it would pop off as soon as he becomes a creature, but still.)
Defense of the Heart could be a game-changer for you as well.
Hope some of that helps! +1
1 month ago
Concordant Crossroads ? I can see why this seems good, but when I'm playing elves against, say, my GF's dinosaurs I reeeealllly don't want to give those dinos haste... also, Eladamri, Lord of Leaves nullifies Ezuri's regenerate. Elves need to be targeted to regen. Asceticism might be a better fit for that. Some great elves here though :)
Asceticism occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.01%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.23%
GW (Selesnya): 0.11%
G/U (Simic): 0.14%
RG (Gruul): 0.15%
GWU (Bant): 0.08%
RUG (Temur): 0.11%
RGW (Naya): 0.12%