Creatures you control have hexproof. (They can't be the targets of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
: Regenerate target creature.
|Have (3)||Forkbeard , gildan_bladeborn , pskinn01|
|Want (3)||Esbenjohansen , CertifiedBronzie , AndrewsLuz|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Asceticism occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
2 weeks ago
just edit the side deck with cards I have sense I'm missing Asceticism i had to do some changes to the side deck so hopefully this side deck will help against certain type of other players
3 weeks ago
Hi, I often thought of building a deck with Yeva, Nature's Herald (I love her art). In my opinion you should add something to protect your creatures like for example Asceticism (when I play deck with many creatures I live with the anxiety that they get destroyed, so maybe I'm a little bias). You could also add a win-con like Shaman of Forgotten Ways. I hope to have been helpful, if you like you could give me a hand with my deck: Queen Marchesa: better not to attack her.
1 month ago
Cards like Doubling Season , Carpet of Flowers , Guardian Project , Asceticism , Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx , Sol Ring are all generally good cards in mono green. Also if you are having a hard time against blue players cards like Choke , Veil of Summer , Savage Summoning can help.
1 month ago
Door of Destinies , Metallic Mimic , Mirror Entity , Shared Animosity , Steely Resolve , Urza's Incubator , Cavern of Souls (only if you're willing to shell out the money), and Coat of Arms are some pretty nice tribal staples to put in here.
The worst thing that could happen to any creature-heavy deck if someone decides to pop a Supreme Verdict or a Merciless Eviction and wipe out your entire dino legion (trust me, I've played a game with my Trostani tokens deck where one of my opponents cast a Damnation, followed by a Mutilate on his next turn, and it was not too healthy for me). Heroic Intervention is a decent budget option to avoid this. If you're willing to dump some more money into this deck, Teferi's Protection is much more versatile creature evasion.
Asceticism is another decent card to have in a deck like this, along with Sylvan Library (again, only if you're willing to shell out the money for it, it's practically a staple in any EDH deck with green). If you can ramp up to it, Tooth and Nail is an AMAZING creature tutor that also lets you crap them out same turn.
Domri Rade 's ultimate is pretty decent for any face-smashing deck. Arlinn Kord Flip's ultimate, along with Mage Slayer , and I suppose maybe even Siege Behemoth (though he kinda breaks the Dino tribal vibe a bit), allow you to skip that potential wall of chump blockers and/or pillowfort enchantments like Propaganda or Ghostly Prison. You also can run Triumph of the Hordes , Finale of Devastation , Savage Beating , World at War , or Relentless Assault if you really, really want to beat someone's face into a pulp.
Xenagos, God of Revels is nice for doubling Gishath's damage output, along with Gratuitous Violence and Berserkers' Onslaught , and hence, revealing more cards with Gishath, which means more dinos on the field. Strionic Resonator can double that triggered ability for even more cards revealed.
1 month ago
mayael is so much fun! There are so many big creatures that she's easy toHere are some thoughts I've got for you.
Surrak, the Hunt Caller is a haste enabler at 5 power but only 4 mana. He's great to just cast, to get with Mayael, and gives haste!
Thorn Mammoth and Apex Altisaur are removal on a stick. Creature decks like Mayael love having creatures that also work like instants/sorceries. Almost strictly better than Territorial Allosaurus who can't trigger with Mayael's ability anyway. Definitely better than Gruul Ragebeast who forces even your mana dorks to fight, usually killing them.
Ilharg, the Raze-Boar does everything Mayael can't do, covering your largest weakness of not being able to cast cards from your hand!
Seedborn Muse is one of the best upgrades for your deck. Using Mayael on every turn? Sign me up!
Etali, Primal Storm solves any problems you have with card advantage. He wins games. Period.
Speaking of card advantage, Soul of the Harvest gets cards and has over 5 power.
1 month ago
Omnath as main damage outlet (Go Tall)
- Plenty of creature based mana ramp from elves like Greenweaver Druid , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , and Oracle of Mul Daya as well as all the classic elf ramp cards like Llanowar Elves
- Mana ramp sorcery spells like Tempt with Discovery and Traverse the Outlands
- Increase Mana generation from each land per turn with cards like Doubling Cube , Vernal Bloom , Wilderness Reclamation , Bear Umbra , Caged Sun , and Nature's Will
- Increase the Mana generation from each tapped creature each turn from cards like Leyline of Abundance , and increase the amount of mana gained by having more elves with cards like Wirewood Channeler , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Priest of Titania , and Joraga Treespeaker .
- Increase both of the above with Seedborn Muse , which, along with Tempt with Discovery , only gets stronger the more opponents you have.
Elf synergy as secondary source of damage (Go Wide)
- Pump elves with other elves with help of cards like Elvish Archdruid , Elvish Champion , Ezuri, Renegade Leader Imperious Perfect , and Joraga Warcaller
- Elf token creation with cards with Elvish Promenade , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , and Imperious Perfect
Protection for both commander and high value Elves
- Basic equipment like Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and Whispersilk Cloak to slow down or stop removal
- Asceticism , Stonehoof Chieftain , Archetype of Endurance , and Vigor as creatures and enchantments to protect your board.
Win Condition enablers
- Helix Pinnacle to use up mana on if Omnath is ever about to be destroyed.
- Triumph of the Hordes for trample and infect for a fast win combines with other trample abilities from cards like Stonehoof Chieftain , and Ezuri, Renegade Leader to allow you to force damage through.
- Hydra's like Primordial Hydra and Hydra Broodmaster provide other mana outlets to instantly set up fast overwhelming armies.
1 month ago
Profet93 Thanks a lot for taking time for some cool suggestions! Glad you liked it :D
Since I’m trying to ramp on turn 1, 2 and 3 to get Xenagos out, too much ramp at 4 cmc is a bit awkward for me. I run Oracle of Mul Daya and Frontier Siege at 4 cmc because they are so good. I used to run Skyshroud Claim but might revisit it again. Right now I’m cool with Worn Powerstone over Selvala, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, and Somberwald Sage. Selvala is a bit expensive ($40), but also my meta is full of creature board wipes. Inadvertently losing mana because of mass removal feels bad.
Yavimaya Hollow is a bit expensive ($30), but definitely amazing and I wish I could put it in here one day. Castle Garenbrig is neat, but unfortunately six G mana doesn’t help me play red dragons. And Ancient Tomb ($24) is good in any deck but I don’t own any. I don’t plan on getting them for my decks any time soon.
Bolt Bend is a GREAT recommendation! You’re right about spot removal and I have always thought about adding Asceticism to the deck for this reason. Running these burst draw effects is just a personal choice. I know blowouts are possible with instant speed removal, but when they work, they’re amazing and super fun. I’m choosing to run that risk, but you have me thinking about incremental draw now too. I’ve really been considering The Great Henge in this and my mono green.
How much flying is in my meta? Every deck I run into runs some flying dudes for obvious reasons, but it’s usually not a problem to get damage through. One thing I want to look into is adding more trample here... Thank you!
2 months ago
You're very welcome for always responding, you always have great suggestions, whether I end up using them or not. I always appreciate constructive criticismMy meta is definitely creature/combat heavy with some control decks and very little in the way of true combo. With that said:
- Moment's Peace - I agree with cutting this, i used to run a lot more fogs with isochron scepter years ago to have psuedo turbo fog, now with Spore Frog and Spike Weaver , I can finally cut the last fog spell.
- Asceticism - this card helps tremendously whenever I get it on the field, so for now I'm keeping it. My deck probably sees the most targeted removal thrown at it and for good reason.
- Staff of Domination - definitely winmore, but it allows me to win the turn I'm able to go infinite because of its draw ability. I know it works against the ouphe, but I've used it as a deterrent to keep someone from killing the ouphe, because I'll go infinite and win my next turn. Between my 2 artifacts that give me infinite mana, I'd be more apt to drop Rings of Brighthearth because I need more for the combo. Staff can go infinite with 3 mana dorks and 2 lands if I turn them into creatures.