|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set||Uncommon|
|2011 Core Set||Uncommon|
|2010 Core Set||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Exile target black or red permanent.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Celestial Purge Discussion
2 days ago
I'll always advocate Celestial Purge for Control - it's one of the best sideboard cards you can have. You also need to get your Leyline situation sorted - find the room for 3-4 or just ditch it. 2 isn't a good number for it.
2 days ago
Since I now mainboard one copy of Blessed Alliance, could the BA in the sideboard become a Celestial Purge or a third Leyline of Sanctity? I'm leaning toward the Leyline because of how bad our Burn MU is.
1 week ago
Hey! I actually really like the addition of Celestial Purge in the side. It's awesome against Blood Moon, Liliana of the Veil, Death's Shadow, and other such things this deck could be weak against. As far as Remand goes, I see the advantages of the card draw and tempo, but I don't think this is the right shell for it. Usually it's played in hard control decks.
1 week ago
Hey so it's the one i played against ? Cool one :) What do you tink about 2 Remand in main deck and maybe couple Celestial Purge in side ? I kinda like Purge against Nahiri, the Harbinger and Liliana of the Veil even against Zoo / death shadow it may trade realy well i think.Any way, it was good games, see you soon mate :D
3 weeks ago
If you're thinking of Spirits, check this out:
For your deck as-is right now, I'd suggest the following:
- 4 Drogskol Captain and 4 Spell Queller seem like must-haves. The 2 Sky Spirits aren't really doing anything.
- Mausoleum Wanderer and Rattlechains are 2 reasons to play Spirits in Modern. Mausoleum Wanderer is particularly brutal because of how much damage Spectral Procession does when it gives Mausoleum Wanderer +3/+3.
- Consider Figure of Destiny to fill out the rest of your 1-drop slots. You can level it at instant speed into a 2/2 spirit for . It gives you a mana dump at the end of each of your opponent's turns.
- Spell Pierce is okay, but not 4-copies-good. Against Zoo variants, Rock decks, Collected Company, etc. this can be a dead card a lot of the time. I'd actually suggest moving them to the sideboard and then playing a plethora of hard counters that are lower mana cost. Spell Snare, Negate, Dispel, and Stubborn Denial are all going to be far more useful because they scale late into the game and don't leave your opponent the option of paying mana.
- Remand is another card I'd suggest. In combination with Vapor Snag and your removal, you can just tempo people out of the game.
- To find room for these extra cards, cut Invocation of Saint Traft and Mirror Mockery. They're just begging to get you 2-for-1'd. More importantly, they're cast at sorcery speed. You won't ever need to tap out until your opponent's end step because you have Rattlechains and Spell Queller.
For your sideboard, I'd suggest something like:
3 weeks ago
On that budget, I like the following:
- 2x Dispel
- 1x Blessed Alliance
- 1x Negate
- 1x Supreme Verdict
- 2x Runed Halo
- 2x Duress
- 1x Path to Exile
- 2x Timely Reinforcements
- 1x Celestial Purge
- 1x Elspeth, Sun's Champion
Reasoning: I think Halo is the broadest and most generically powerful effect between it, Surgical, Thoughtseize, and Leyline. You can easily do without Leyline (just play some Timely Reinforcements against Burn and play very carefully -- you would learn a lot about that matchup by watching pimpdonny's twitch streams on the weekends). Thoughtseize is also easily replaced by Duress, but Duress is a tad bit narrower, so I like shaving one copy. You could easily play 3 if you wanted to tho. The hardest to replace (ie, the most unique) is Surgical, as it's what gives us game against Dredge, and teams up with counters and discard to disarm combo. That said, combo can be shored up by adding in a 2nd Dispel and leaning on Duress a little. Dredge is just going to be an auto-lose matchup that you hope to dodge; that's just the way it is without Surgical. Finally, a few open slots and a little cash goes a long way -- Path and Purge give you versatile options that also have splash damage against dredge for small percentage points in that matchup in the case you do have to play against it. You also have an Elspeth to trump BGx decks, and give an alternate win con (it instantly stabilizes the board against Eldrazi/Dredge/Abzan Company/Shadow Jund/etc.).
3 weeks ago
Actually, one of the changes ought to be putting in a Celestial Purge to answer Blood Moon, Lili's, etc.
3 weeks ago
Hey bro, cool idea! I've played tonnes of delver in both modern and legacy (tempo is my favorite archetype). At the moment I'm testing out sultai in modern for the same reasons you are testing this - bolt is in a bad place :(
A couple of small suggestions:- test remands over mana leaks here... I think you won't be disappointed. The card is busted in a tempo shell. Also, you play path to exile so leak becomes dead much faster than in other delver lists whereas remand at worst always cycles.- I would cut 1 tasigur for a geist. he is really good in modern right now, many decks just lose to this card especially backed up with cheap creature removal (which your deck has in spades). No bolts means you wouldn't want more than a single copy I think but the card really is good at the moment. Cut tasigur because even though he is a sweet threat, he is actually less valuable in a delver shell than in say a midrange/control shell - you often don't have enough lands to activate him therefore losing out on that sweet sweet CA.
Other than that I really like your numbers. 12 is a pretty nice number for creatures in modern delver as you don't have good top-of-library manipulation i.e. brainstorm. Lingering souls is a fantastic threat that also flips delver which is great, but 3cmc is rough. I like that you don't have a full playset here, although it does work well with thought scour :)
If you are interested here is my current list I'm testing for sultai - points of note include no thought scour, instead running think twice for some sweet sweet CA