|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Destroy target artifact or enchantment. Its controller gains 4 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||bakeraj4 , ironax , ibraJG84 , TheRealPeaches , tlhunter07 , BlueMageBrandon , saj0219 , MoJoMiXuP , , Sparky41 , rockleemyhero , Nightdragon779|
Nature's Claim Discussion
50 minutes ago
I would definitely suggest the Nature's Claim in the maybeboard, because you lose to Blood Moons. Maelstrom Pulses and probably Mishra's can come out unless you really want the delirium for Traverses. Also look into Leyline of the Void over Kalitas.
1 day ago
For a beginners deck this looks promising. I too like mono-green/gruul decks the most. I'll list a few cards I've found to be pretty effective against any meta, as they are all tackling some of the more common adversaries.
- Mistcutter Hydra
- Nature's Claim / Naturalize
- Vexing Shusher
- Relic of Progenitus
- Vines of Vastwood
All depends on what your LGS is playing, but those should get you started.
4 days ago
5 days ago
Ok, after everyone's comments, here are my thoughts ...
GOOD MATCH-UPS (Bant Knightfall, UW Control, GBx Midrange, Jeskai Control, Death's Shadow): Mainboard is fine; no sideboard slots needed.
- Ancient Grudge, if I end up using some number of Trinisphere too.
- Ancient Grudge + Shatterstorm, if I don't use Trin'
- Obstinate Baloth (putting one back into the main) and Kitchen Finks (in the side)
- Maybe some Trinisphere.
- The more I think about it, the more I think Beast Within is the key. Say an opponent casts Scapeshift and sacrifices 7 Lands to fetch 6 Mountains (basics and non-basics) and a Valakut. All the Lands enter simultaneously and 6 Valakut triggers go on the stack. With the triggers on the stack, I kill a Mountain. The trigger from that Mountain will resolve and I'll take 3 damage. But the triggers from the other 5 Mountains fizzle, since "the ability will do nothing if [my opponent controls] fewer than 5 Mountains other than that new one by the time it resolves" (source).
- Beast Within is also superb against a resolved Primeval Titan.
- I might be able to catch an inexperienced pilot with Crumble to Dust, but an experienced pilot will wait until the last second (i.e., fetching them with Scapeshift) to play their Valakut. Crumble may still be worthwhile though ... partly for free wins against less experienced pilots, but mostly because hitting Stomping Ground will leave most decks with only 10 Mountains ... depending on the board state, that will often not be enough for lethal.
- Blood Moon is of course amazing in the match-up, but post-board they will almost certainly have Engineered Explosives and Reclamation Sage to deal with it. Still, Blood moon #5 may be worthwhile.
ELDRAZI AND Gx TRON:
- I'm excited to try Crumble to Dust here.
- Blood Moon is of course amazing in the match-up, but post-board they will almost certainly have Ratchet Bomb, Nature's Claim, etc. to deal with it. Still, Blood moon #5 may be worthwhile.
- Beast Within for Devoted Druid and Vizier of Remedies
- Anger of the Gods, for everything else.
- For Counters CoCo: Druid and Vizier demand answers. Renegade Rallier and Eternal Witness makes Exile effects much better.
- For Valuetown CoCo: 7x Manadorks, Ramunap Excavator, and Knight of the Reliquary complicate the Land Destruction plan.
- As with any White deck, I need to watch out for Blessed Alliance post-board. Burrenton Forge-Tender, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Reclamation Sage and Qasali Pridemage could make an appearance as well.
- 3x Trinisphere to slow them down or Eidolon of the Great Revel to kill them
- 1x Anger of the Gods for Goblin Electromancer and Baral, Chief of Compliance
The bottom line (for now anyways) ...
Main: 1x Obstinate Baloth
5 days ago
What I would cut:
- Grasslands, Secluded Steppe, Selesnya Guildgate, Tranquil Expanse, Tranquil Thicket, Grove of the Guardian: I would replace these with 2 of each basic, Gavony Township and either Command Beacon or Mikokoro, Center of the Sea for long-term value and added speed to the deck with less tapped lands.
Sandwurm Convergence: costs too much for what it provides.
Argentum Armor: Seems slow to me. I take your deck to be an aggressive one.
God-Pharaoh's Gift: another card that is good, but is very situational for its cost.
Beastmaster Ascension: seems slow and with a creature count that take to build up, it seems more like a win-more card.
Hour of Promise: only three targets make it seems worth the invest (Cavern of Souls, Westvale Abbey Flip and Path of Ancestry) plus you are running 0 deserts, so you only ever get the 1st part of the card.
Faith's Reward: I would suggest keeping your instants that you wish to respond to an action under 3 CMC. It makes it a lot easier on your deck when comes to being able to play your offensive cards and have mana open for a response to an opponent.
Sylvan Library: one of the best green draw cards in the game. I feel it is worth every penny.
Nature's Claim: Cheap removal that allows you to be very flexible with your turn.
Ghostly Prison: if your truly worried about defending your turf, this is a great deterrent.
Hope all of this help, good luck in your matches in the future! +1
6 days ago
Anyways, these may be useful in sideboard in case of oppressive artifacts etc without hurting your mana curve
1 week ago
I'm not sure what price-point you're looking for, but here are a few budget options:
Good luck (and skill) with your brew!
2 weeks ago
I think I would cut possibly Portent and Mystic Speculation for a better card sorter like Sensei's Divining Top. I also just like Walking Ballista as a card that can take advantage of all that mana. I would also replace Nature's Claim with Krosan Grip because the split second will make all the difference. It seems like an incredibly fun deck to play though with just cloning big etb creatures constantly.