Creature — Elf Druid
: Add .
: Add . Spend this mana only to cast kicked spells.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Elfhame Druid occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Elfhame Druid Discussion
1 month ago
Love the deck, been thinking about Verazol for a hot minute
If you were to raise the budget to about $150-200, what would you add/remove?
11 months ago
A better alternative to Root Snare is Fog . I also recommend Leyline of Abundance for your ramp. I would also recommend more eldrazi, or just a way to search them out, because right now you don't have a very good chance of getting them. I would bump it up to 4x Llanowar Elves and cut 2x Elfhame Druid . Replace the last Elfhame Druid with another eldrazi (You will still need more). A better alternative to Naturalize is Return to Nature . Plummet should not be in the main board. Druid of the Cowl should be replaced by Elvish Mystic . Even tough it has less toughness it can start producing mana on turn 2 rather than 3. As for the buff spells, most eldrazi decks wont have those because eldrazi are already so big. The reason i gave better alternatives for Root Snare and Naturalize is because i don't know what to replace them with other than a better version, but there is probably something better.
1 year ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
1 year ago
Thank you very much for your suggestions PyreCracker, your english is fine and while I may not be on a budget I also just made this deck with cards I had lying around. Some cards are still left over from previous versions of the deck coughcough Elfhame Druid . I think your suggestions are great! I will more than likely be adding some of the cheaper cards for the first round of the competitive league. I'll look at adding some of the more expensive cards once I play the first week and see if the other players demand a high power level.
1 year ago
I have more if you want to. But first of i want to ask what will be the focus of your deck? One big creature? lifegain stuff? Depending on what you want from your Deck there are better options for some of your cards. I would advise, to go wider instead of bigger. This would also help to generate even more tokens with March of the Multitudes and spiral out of control. that being said...
Also Intangible Virtue (although the vigilance is great) and Path of Bravery feel kind of not impactful. I think, when you play an anthem-effect it should possibly be a game ending threat like Beastmaster Ascension already is. For example the allstar Craterhoof Behemoth .
Are you on a budget? There are some good cheaper options in: Triumph of the Hordes , Cathars' Crusade . Oh and I don't understand your decision to include Elfhame Druid , because you have no kicker spells. how about Avacyn's Pilgrim instead?
Keep it up and please tell us how your deck worked in your league. And I am sorry for my bad english, I am not native.
1 year ago
ok so I know you have a lot of elves that grant more mana, but I wouldn't run 16 mana lol
try to also squeeze in the Elvish Clancaller x4
1 year ago
Greenwood Sentinel is a cheap elf with vigilance!
Reclamation Sage IS CRUCIAL to get rid of pesky enchantments!
Steel Leaf Champion is an amazing early game bruiser
Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar is an amazing mono-green card that keeps coming back for more late game
2 years ago
I have found more success with a storm varient using Underrealm Lich and Beast Whisperer to draw through the deck, Marwyn, the Nurturer, Druid of the Cowl and maybe Elfhame Druid for ramp can be insanely good at storming off, finishing it with an Izoni, Thousand-Eyed+Poison-Tip Archer+Find / Finality to kill in one, fell swoop.
Steel Leaf Champion is also a good card in that deck, and given less of a black splash, I imagine it could fit here!