|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Mythic Rare|
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Beast
When Craterhoof Behemoth enters the battlefield, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Craterhoof Behemoth Discussion
19 hours ago
I'm flattered that you thought of me to help you. Golgari may not be my strong suit, but I'll try to help.
It seems to me that if you want to kill with Vraska than a token sub-theme might be a good idea. Off the top of my head I can think of Izoni, Thousand-Eyed and Ishkanah, Grafwidow for this. If you can get poison counters Phyrexian Swarmlord is good, same with Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons if you can get some counters dropping. Craterhoof Behemoth and Beastmaster Ascension along with Swarm Guildmage and Undercity Uprising are some good support for this.
I mean seriously, if you are gonna go Vraska go all the way and include Vraska, Relic Seeker. This Vraska pairs well with Vraska, Golgari Queen and helps with the token sub-theme with her pirates. Also, Vraska's Stoneglare is just great since it kills something and goes and finds Vraska.
Lastly Triumph of the Hordes is just an amazing alt win-con (if you want to go that rout).
I hope that I can be of some help, and that I didn't come off too strong/overwhelming.
3 days ago
Hi McToters, Thanks very much for your suggestions.
Though Natural Affinity is a really cool card, i can't really see how it synergises with the rest of the deck. It also requires me to have more lands than my opponent, which only happens if I get a Harvest Season or genesis wave.
Regarding Lure and Seton's Desire (though I almost want to put Seton's Desire in because of flavor), I think that Overwhelming Stampede and Triumph of the Hordes is just better, and they require less creatures to win the game.
I can see the point in running X-spells, but besides Green Sun's Zenith which is a little expensive, i couldn't find any that I think would be worth playing.
Craterhoof Behemoth is one of the greatest finishers in all of commander, but I really want to keep this deck somewhat affordable.(I honestly thought that it was in the maybeboard).
And again, thank you for taking the time to write a comment :)
3 days ago
Awesome deck! I've had Seton by my Tiny Leader for the longest time and only recently Ive been thinking about making it full EDH deck. You're running a good amount of the cards I alreay have. My wincons are Beastmaster Ascension or Natural Affinity. Natural Affinity is usually the "comes out of nowhere" card and catches many folks off guard. Lure or Seton's Desire (major flavor too!) are two other options for me to win if I have enough Druids out and swing with everything.
I originally tried using the insane amount of mana to put out 'x' spells like some of the hydras or Orochi Hatchery to generate boardstate.
I could have missed it but Craterhoof Behemoth is another great choice for a wincon.
Again, nice build! And I'll keep your list in mind for when I go full EDH with this guy.
4 days ago
Suggestion, Defense of the Heart
6 days ago
Pikobyte Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunatly, as stated, I can't put Tooth and Nail, Purphoros, God of the Forge and Craterhoof Behemoth (that I would also like to put in my Yisan's Party Mix deck. I found Dualcaster Mage to be rather clunky and while it gives you a nice body to block, I tend to use cheaper copy spell (like Reverberate) or recurring one like Increasing Vengeance. I'll eventually get my hand on a copy of Reiterate.
Chancellor of the Forge would indeed be an interesting addition, I'll try to get my hands on a foil copy in the near future to test it!
1 week ago
Nice deck. Tooth and Nail can be totally bonkers here with Avenger of Zendikar and Chancellor of the Forge. Just go for Purphoros, God of the Forge on the first resolve and it’s a lot of damage. If you have haste for all, Craterhoof Behemoth closes it out. You can search all 4 of them with a copied Tooth and Nail
1 week ago
Nice deck, +1. Tooth and Nail can do crazy things in here. Copy it and go for Ogre Battledriver and Avenger of Zendikar at the first resolve, then go for Chancellor of the Forge and Craterhoof Behemoth on the second resolve for a big and wide hasty army. If you want some extra damage add in Dualcaster Mage and Purphoros, God of the Forge for the first resolve, copying the original spell for a total of 3 resolved and some extra etb-damage triggers.
Some cards sadly above 10$, but maybe you can trade or already have them. Hope this helps
1 week ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!