Creature — BeastHaste When Craterhoof Behemoth enters the battlefield, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|20.4 TIX||33.7 TIX|
|Have (7)||jimykid86 , thenewcraft , Champloo , mcstang1986 , slovakattack , themindbullet , AzulHunter|
|Want (9)||Wolfninja , Aurii , kyuuri117 , angrychains , menace4 , Rawbzilla , HyperJujibiter , theHopp , BiggRedd54|
Craterhoof Behemoth Discussion
1 day ago
Personally I love Tooth and Nail and Defense of the Heart because they pull two creatures. Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite or Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth can win you games. Aside from that, Wargate is the obvious choice in Bant so run 3.
1 day ago
1 day ago
Elves in Legacy is a combo deck that mainly just tries to get out Craterhoof Behemoth via Natural Ordering something small (usually a Dryad Arbor) and swinging for game that turn. It splashes black for Deathrite Shaman, Thoughtseize and Cabal Therapy, and Abrupt Decay. Other Elf decks basically don't exist or aren't nearly as competitive.
4 days ago
I've been playing elves for a little over a year now. When I first started I had a deck that was somewhat similar to what you were running. While my current deck uses Glimpse of Nature as a draw engine, there are alternatives that will make your deck more consistent. I recommend adding in 4 Wirewood Symbiote so that you have a way to get more card advantage off of your Elvish Visionary and have the chance to untap your Elvish Archdruid. The Wirewood Symbiotes will cost you about $10 total and will definitely add a lot to your deck. Additionally, mana production is key in elves of any sort, while you do have Elvish Archdruids, you should consider grabbing 4 Priest of Titania, it's like Archdruid, but costs 1 less and doesn't give the global buff. The Priests are anywhere from $1 to $1.50 a piece and will serve you well. Another thing that I recommend is adding 4 Quirion Ranger because it will allow you to put a forest back into your hand so that you can replay it. The Quirion Rangers will set you back about $4 for a playset. If you have any mana elves on the field you can use the untap ability to make loads of mana. With all of that floating mana you'll want to have something to spend it on. While Ezuri, Renegade Leader seems like the best option on paper, in reality Craterhoof Behemoth will serve you better. But if you're on a tight budget, Ezuri is a great alternative. Another thing that seems to happen a lot with elves is that you really need one card, but can't seem to get it out. To fix this problem you can either draw more cards as I suggested earlier on, or play Green Sun's Zenith. Green Sun's will let you get out any of the cards that you might need and because it's banned in Modern they will only cost you about $3.50 a piece. Also, I find that in more Aggro elf strategies, less lands is better. Play around with your mana curve a bit and see what seems to work the best, keep in mind that Elvish Mystic, Llanowar Elves, and Fyndhorn Elves all double as "land." A cool combo that you can do if you choose to do this style of deck is turn 3, Quirion Ranger + Elvish Mystic/Llanowar Elves + Forest (To put back in hand and replay) Priest of Titania + some other elf + Green Sun's Zenith for x = 8 to search for Craterhoof Behemoth and then attack for lethal damage. If you'd like to look at my take on budget elves, check out, Budget Aggro Elves. The most important thing to keep in mind with elves is that if you're playing with more than one person, you will be the target of their abuse, so playing aggressively is a must. Hope this helps a little bit and sorry if this is a little longwinded and if you need to know what to take out, consider things with higher mana costs first.
5 days ago
Since this is a mono color deck, replace two of your Forests with Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Then replace your Elvish Mystics with Voyaging Satyrs because you can untap Nykthos rather than just adding one mana. This way you can get loads of mana to use on Joraga Warcallers multikicker. You could probably cut Craterhoof Behemoths from the deck because what synergy does he have? Finally you should replace Llanowar Elvess with one more Elvish Piper and one more Taunting Elf.
5 days ago
Deckologist: Palinchron is left out because I don't want to run infinite combos. I also don't run that many tutors because I don't want the same experience every time I play the deck. Now it's almost always Worldly Tutor / Eladamri's Call for Prophet of Kruphix / Seedborn Muse, and it's a bit boring.
Green Sun's Zenith + Dryad Arbor will be included soon, I might switch either Worldly Tutor or Arbor Elf + Forest to make room for them. Craterhoof Behemoth and Consecrated Sphinx are both good, I'll put them on my wishlist. Great that you suggest what to remove as well :)
6 days ago
I feel like Palinchron was intentionally left out of this deck as it combos with deadeye however that would be my first suggestion. Also Craterhoof Behemoth with your general or deadeye is just...well it's just good old family fun. Also Tooth and Nail and Green Sun's Zenith are great for getting out the wincons. I would cut:
Rhystic study (you have the better one in there anyways:P)
Curse of swine
If you'd like to know why I would cut these the answer is simple. They don't do much. They're cute yes but streamlining means cutting the fat and sometimes we don't like the fat trimmed :P
6 days ago
Worldly Tutor Enlightened Tutor and Green Sun's Zenith are solid cards as well. If you add Dryad Arbor you can tutor for a land on turn 1 should you have green sun in your hand. Cast it calling a creature for 0 mana. Grab dryad. Profit.
Chord of Calling is also fantastic in token decks. It's essentially an instant spel green Suns zenith.
Craterhoof behemoth is a staple in a lot of green decks as well as token decks. His ability pumps everything and gives it trample. He's well worth the investment.
Also Hooded Hydra with cathar's crusade out if he dies you're gonna get someBeefy tokens.
And finally if your budget allows I would definitely pick up Rhys the Redeemed token doubler for days!
|Power / Toughness||5/5|
|Avg. draft pick||1.42|
|Avg. cube pick||4.74|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Avacyn Restored||Mythic Rare|
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Pattern of Rebirth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Rude Awakening
- Orochi Hatchery + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Primal Surge
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Garruk, Primal Hunter + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Natural Order
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Bow of Nylea + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Genesis Wave
- Armada Wurm + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Garruk, Primal Hunter
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Hydra Omnivore
- Tooth and Nail + Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Magus of the Candelabra
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Master Biomancer + Tooth and Nail
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Prime Speaker Zegana + Tooth and Nail
- Chancellor of the Forge + Craterhoof Behemoth + Tooth and Nail
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Mimic Vat
- Concordant Crossroads + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Concordant Crossroads + Craterhoof Behemoth + Primal Surge
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth + Tooth and Nail
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth + Maelstrom Wanderer
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Joraga Warcaller + Overwhelming Stampede
- Akroma's Memorial + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Deadeye Navigator
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Fiend Hunter
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Storm Herd
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Tooth and Nail
- Chord of Calling + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Green Sun's Zenith
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth + Deadeye Navigator
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Avenger of Zendikar
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Wren's Run Packmaster + Wolfbriar Elemental