|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Mythic Rare|
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Beast
When Craterhoof Behemoth enters the battlefield, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Craterhoof Behemoth Discussion
16 hours ago
nice, my favorite archetype: mono-g ramp! First off, you need to shore up the ramp side of this deck.
Add some Thragtusks to help with burn, it also fairs well against most removal too.
Personally I would trim alot of the fat your deck has, for example Parallel Lives isnt as useful as stuff like Heroic Intervention for a deck that wants to play alot of creatures in a format with plentiful amounts of board wipes. I'd also cut stuff like Garruk's Horde that doesn't really hold alot of value in modern.
1 day ago
That ostrich guy...best description for Odric I've ever heard...by far. :p Hahahaha. As for tips on how to build your 4 Color mana base, I highly recommend this video. It is incredibly helpful. The storage lands are excellent additions here actually if you don't rely on them early game. Late game they can be used as incredible tools to help push you over the edge. If you intend to win via combat, you may also look at Overwhelming Stampede and Craterhoof Behemoth. Both are excellent options.
On a side note, if you accept PayPal, I may be interested in some of the cards you're getting rid of. Let me know what you decide to do. :p
2 days ago
1) I had Scourge of the Throne in the deck, but would notice a couple problems. It says "for the first time each turn" which makes it sort of redundant or void if someone were to want to go infinite with it instead. I did play it instead of Hellkite Charger, but figured that Bear Umbra would help it go infinite should I have the mana open or hope it would survive until the next turn. Many people don't consider Hellkite Charger and Bear Umbra anyway. Secondly, I have had moments where, believe it or not, I had the highest life total of the table despite the Mana Vault, Mana Crypt and Sylvan Library, etc...
2) While I can appreciate the hexproof on Siege Behemoth, I don't actually have much problems in regards to single spot removal in my meta as much as I tend to deal with boardwipes and just straight up counters. Also, the cost of 7 mana is not really what I am looking for to deal 14 damage when I am looking for ways to kill at that point. I have focused more on trample as the main method to get damage through in the deck.
3) Traverse the Outlands would seem astounding in my deck until I noticed that my deck's curve just isn't that high. Cards like Malignus, Putrefax, Phyrexian Juggernaut, and Hydra Omnivore are already lower costing creatures for EDH/Commander that are made to kill with Xenagos, God of Revels and they merely cost 5 or 6.
4) Kessig Wolf Run is in there, because how could I not? The missing keyword on the general is clearly trample, so it is necessary to get the damage through.
5) I might consider Garruk, Primal Hunter again. I had taken it out because I did have higher costing green creatures like Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth and Worldspine Wurm. Those high-costing green creatures had since been taken out for more ways to cheat creatures into play like Survival of the Fittest, Sneak Attack, Fauna Shaman and Elvish Piper
6) I have a relatively high land count in part for consistency. I want to be able to get to 5 as quick as possible but still as reliably as possible, even if I don't have the greatest of opening hands. I also have a lot of ramp that relies on having plenty of land in the hand as well, so the relatively higher amount of land does matter when I am playing Lotus Cobra, Oracle of Mul Daya, Burgeoning, Exploration and Mina and Denn, Wildborn
1 week ago
So I’m creating a Commander deck for the Naya Elder dragon in M19. I decided to go the Massive power increase route through cards like Xenagos, God of Revels and Pathbreaker Ibex to make the 6/6 dragon a much scarier hexproof OHKO monster. But I’m finding that I’m having a hard time finding more cards that have a marginally large power jump ability on permanents. I already know about Craterhoof Behemoth and I have Overwhelming Stampede in it, I just want to know if there are any more creatures, enchantments, or artifacts that could make Pallaida-Mors, the Ruiner the scariest thing on the battlefield.
1 week ago
If the meta is more creature-based, I'd suggest, Norn's Annex, Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, Ensnaring Bridge (Keeping your hand at 3 cards so Aurelia, the Warleader can attack, but most things can't is pretty good), AEther Flash, Authority of the Consuls, Sphere of Safety, Lightmine Field (great in voltron), Meekstone, Torpor Orb/Tocatli Honor Guard/Hushwing Gryff (great vs Pestermite/Deceiver Exarch paired with Kiki-Jiki, soulbond like Deadeye Navigator, allies, Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge, Breya, Etherium Sculptor, Sidisi, Brood Tyrant, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Craterhoof Behemoth, Derevi, Empyrial Tactician, Mairsil, the Pretender, Reaper King, Sharuum the Hegemon or any other ETB effect.)
1 week ago
A few suggestions:
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the suggestions Megalomania! Both Intruder Alarm and Birthing Pod seem like interesting inclusions though I would have to tinker with the mana curve a bit to really harness the power of the latter. I'll have to give them a spin.
As far as Dragon Throne of Tarkir goes, if trample is the main pay off then there are better options which provide trample (i.e. Brawn, Craterhoof Behemoth, Akroma's Memorial, etc). Trample is great and all but I'd rather make my creatures unblockable or give them flying.
2 weeks ago
also i just realized I know it's not an elf but you aren't running Craterhoof Behemoth!