Creature — BeastHaste When Craterhoof Behemoth enters the battlefield, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Craterhoof Behemoth Discussion
5 hours ago
I'm not seeing nearly enough Glare of Subdual going on in this deck. Mother of Runes gives you a ridiculous amount of protection for your key pieces and is very underrated in my opinion. I also think you need more bombs in this deck, so incorporating things like Craterhoof Behemoth or Overwhelming Stampede would do you a load of good.
One of your biggest concerns is going to be ensuring that your damage actually makes it through, so things like Thunderfoot Baloth and Nylea, God of the Hunt are wonderful ways of making sure your beat sticks deal their damage.
Utility wise, I think you need to increase your momentum. With the amount of creatures you are running, Lurking Predators could be a solid choice for you. I am also a fan of Domri Rade and Garruk, Primal Hunter as they play quite nicely with your overall strategy. And you would be incredibly surprised just how good Angel of Jubilation is at shutting down a lot of EDH shenanigans and is well worth running. And speaking of pumping, Gavony Township and perhaps even Archangel of Thune would be beastly in here.
Lastly, I think you need to consider a removal suite, as you really have no way of dealing with problematic things your opponents may play. Swords to Plowshares/Path to Exile are extremely valuable, as is Beast Within and Oblation for their ability to hit damn near anything.
Of course you would have to make some cuts if you want to include any of these, so here are some of the deck's, in my opinion, weaker cards:Trostani's Summoner, Worldspine Wurm, Phantom General, Angelic Skirmisher, Hornet Nest, Overrun and Jade Mage.
If you want my opinion on why I think any of those are less than optimal, I'd be happy to explain.
11 hours ago
Woo! Love seeing other people represent Trostani =) She's my favorite commander at the moment so I love seeing her get played.
Some suggestions I would have would be a lot of the same ones that have been mentioned above; so I won't mention them again. + + have won me the majority of the games I've played with her :P. Here are a couple ones I haven't seen mentioned:
Phyrexian Processor This guy is an absolute powerhouse with Trostani with virtually no risk. If the spell gets countered, you lose no life; so there's less risk against blue players. So the only time you should be vulnerable (think of this as a turn 8 play) should be the moment between playing it and the moment when you tap it. If you go against players who use direct damage to win, I'd probably stay away because it might be too risky. Otherwise with Trostani on the board you can pretty much effectively double your life total every turn while getting MASSIVE tokens on the board (don't even get me started with doubling season).
Courser of Kruphix -> Oracle of Mul Daya - This is pretty much just personal preference. 1 Life when you get a land, 1 mana cost less, and slightly better stats while being more vulnerable to removal (unless you have Sterling Grove out) or being able to play an extra land a turn. Both have pros and cons, but thought I'd throw it out there for consideration :).
Beast Within -> Oblivion Ring - I would say that this is better for dealing with most problems except for the indestructible case. I'd say Oblivion Ring is great for versatility but terrible against removal. Also you can Beast Within yourself for some desperation tokens!
Primeval Bounty - Another good enchantment that synergizes perfectly with Trostani. It is higher on the mana cost but if it stays around for even one turn then you get your value out of it.
Glare of Subdual - Since you're running tons of Tokens with Trostani, this is a cheap way to help lock down the board against scary threats.
Return to Dust -> Sundering Growth - Another matter of personal preference. I prefer the flexibility of being able to deal with two enchantments/artifacts for the two extra mana cost. Also helps deal with indestructible and decks with recursion. Most of the time populate wasn't relevant for me because I would either populate nothing or a 1/1.
Austere Command - An absolute beauty of a boardwipe.
Finishers? - I don't know how your deck's faring, but my deck had a lot of problems dealing that final bit of damage. If that's not the case, ignore this! A few favorite suggestions are Craterhoof Behemoth, Garruk Wildspeaker, Overrun, Kamahl, Fist of Krosa, Strength in Numbers, Overwhelming Stampede, and Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite.
Sorry for the super long post, just love Trostani and thought I'd try and help a fellow player out! Best of luck and let me know how the deck does!
23 hours ago
Interesting list. Few areas I'd suggest improving follow.
1) Your mana base has a lot of room for improvement. Shocklands, fetchlands, ancient tomb, strip mine, cavern of souls, and rainbow lands are all relatively affordable and would increase the speed/consistency of your list by a lot. If you have budget, then duels, gaea's craddle, volrath's, phyrexian tower, and wasteland are obviously really good as well.
2) The pyroclasm effects seem really odd for a prossh deck, since you have a lot of tokens yourself. Having access to board sweepers is good for if you get behind. Though maybe something like Damnation, Toxic Deluge, or Black Sun's Zenith would be better since it ensures you can sweep the entire board.
3) Tutors. You have some, so I'm guessing this is just a work in progress.
4) Other assorted cards I enjoy in my prossh deck:
-Craterhoof Behemoth with the prossh tokens this will often kill the table
-Sylvan Library general green goodstuffs.
-Shared Animosity turn those kobolds into a deadly army.
-Sadistic Hypnotist nothing better than the look on a blue player's face when they know they don't get to have cards the rest of the game.
23 hours ago
I think your right, there's only six token producer's plus populate is kind of slow for the most part. They'd be goods choices, Elspeth, Knight-Errant would be good. The problem with Mardu Strike Leader is that with Seance I'll have a copy but doesn't have haste and that's why I have Craterhoof Behemoth in there but thanks for the suggestions. :)
1 day ago
I think Devout Invocation is too expensive and situational to be included.
Avenger of Zendikar seems awfully expensive for what it does (I would not expect to play a land on the same turn I can play it).
Eldrazi Monument was in my initial draft, but was cut for more stable cards. If I were to bring it back, what whould you replace for it?
1 day ago
2 days ago
It's fine to disagree, but Garruk, Caller of Beasts, Cloudstone Curio, Staff of Domination, Regal Force, Soul of the Harvest, Beck / Call are just all too cute to play either because their cmc is high and increases chances to brick or they are too reliant on a situation that can be difficult to craft. Beck is actually the best one of these as it is cheaper to cast for what you want it to do, but since Elves is now a streamlined competitive modern deck, due to Collected Company a lot of people have "figured it out."
Increase Collected Company to 4, add 2-3x Chord of Calling, 1-2x Elvish Champion, 1x Fiend Hunter, 1-3x Eternal Witness, and 1x Gavony Township and your deck will take off like a rocket and be more sustainable in a modern meta.
Craterhoof Behemoth is something I personally believe should be in modern Elves as a one-of, many do not actually run it however, but I am for it. I really like Coiling Oracle! It's a great addition. I don't entirely like Summoner's Pact, but it can work, I would like to see 2x Hivemind, 1x Slaughter Pact and 1x Pact of Negation in a sideboard as an alt win con in an elf deck though, it could be a great "Surprise! Got there!" against decks that aren't ready for it.
2 days ago
My thinking when creating this deck was to essentially hold ground with early 1-2 drops until a giant White scary thing hit the board with Windbrisk Heights or Deathrender and just finish off within next turn or 2. Thus pushing for the splash in rather than for control. Initial playtesting showed me that this deck doesnt get off the ground until turn 4 at least, unless you get a perfect opening hand.
I really like the direction your suggesting though! Just to understand correctly, playing Primeval Titan in order to bring out more lands to not need Deathrender/Quicksilver Amulet altogether?? Then play out the Craterhoof Behemoth or perhaps even Sigarda, Host of Herons
|Power / Toughness||5/5|
|Avg. draft pick||1.42|
|Avg. cube pick||4.93|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Avacyn Restored||Mythic Rare|
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Pattern of Rebirth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Rude Awakening
- Orochi Hatchery + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Primal Surge
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Garruk, Primal Hunter + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Natural Order
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Bow of Nylea + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Genesis Wave
- Armada Wurm + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Garruk, Primal Hunter
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Hydra Omnivore
- Tooth and Nail + Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Magus of the Candelabra
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Master Biomancer + Tooth and Nail
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Prime Speaker Zegana + Tooth and Nail
- Chancellor of the Forge + Craterhoof Behemoth + Tooth and Nail
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Mimic Vat
- Concordant Crossroads + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Concordant Crossroads + Craterhoof Behemoth + Primal Surge
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth + Tooth and Nail
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth + Maelstrom Wanderer
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Joraga Warcaller + Overwhelming Stampede
- Akroma's Memorial + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Deadeye Navigator
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Fiend Hunter
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Storm Herd
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Tooth and Nail
- Chord of Calling + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Green Sun's Zenith
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth + Deadeye Navigator
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Avenger of Zendikar
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Wren's Run Packmaster + Wolfbriar Elemental
- Deadeye Navigator + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Xenagos, God of Revels
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Hornet Queen
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Elvish Piper + Fierce Empath
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Food Chain + Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Insurrection
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Outpost Siege
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Palace Siege
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Descent of the Dragons + Entreat the Angels
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Marath, Will of the Wild + Parallel Lives
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Doubling Season
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Overwhelming Stampede + Rude Awakening
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Marton Stromgald
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Dread Return
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Omnath, Locus of Mana
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Primal Vigor + Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Unburial Rites
- Unburial Rites + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Rite of Replication