Creature — BeastHaste When Craterhoof Behemoth enters the battlefield, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$11.5||$14.4||$17.74||$35.35||18.18 TIX||24.0 TIX|
|Have (12)||NoPantsParade , TheMadMinstrel , miracle , Gilenborn , DudeMan1031 , Ponder-Grapeshot , mcstang1986 , wheresthericego , tmloyd , Rugbyfh10 , jimykid86 , AzulHunter|
|Want (15)||Wolfninja , AngryBearTony , kyuuri117 , Gobblemeister , xtinct373 , jpv , BiggRedd54 , Rawbzilla , Ganjalf , SaniTheCat , Swamy , dspot4lyf , Izanagi_Deus , menace4 , HyperJujibiter|
Craterhoof Behemoth Discussion
2 hours ago
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but cascade requires casting and Mimic Vat doesn't cast the imprinted card.
I wrote a big list of suggestions for changes, but my internet crapped itself and I lost the whole thing. Now it's late and I want to go to bed. Here's a few I remember.
Soul of the Harvest for Garruk's Packleader just because it's better, and only a few dollars.
Lazy thinking - Craterhoof Behemoth. You have Tooth and Nail, Avenger of Zendikar and your commander gives all creatures haste. that's a win.
Conjurer's Closet is wicked with ETB themes, just remember it doesn't trigger cascade.
Sagu Mauler isn't quite enough for EDH. Bane of Progress is the same cmc and only effects 8 of your cards, but could potentially destroy an opponent (especially those pesky pillow fort characters). I also love Kamahl, Fist of Krosa. He is a game winner every day of the week and if you have green mana open he strongly dissuades opponents from playing wrath effects. He's super strong with Prophet of Kruphix, as you get all your green mana open every turn to threaten opponents' lands.
Temur Sabertooth allows you to reuse ETB effects and protects removal magnets like Elvish Piper.
And yeah, I'm done.
16 hours ago
17 hours ago
Ezuri is definitely a good win condition. That and Craterhoof Behemoth are the two big win conditions for elves, but unless you're playing Green Sun's Zenith, I can't suggest playing Craterhoof Behemoth. It's a lot of mana and if people know what you're playing might get countered.
18 hours ago
I like the flicker direction you've taken here, cool looking list. Here are a few suggestions that may spice things up a little:
Archaeomancer - With 24 instants + sorceries in the deck, this guy would be value town.
Duplicant - Get rid of all the dudes!
Eternal Witness - Further adventures in value town.
Feldon of the Third Path - Debatable choice, but with all of the ETB effects I suspect that repeated recursion would serve you well (Craterhoof Behemoth etc.)
Gilded Drake - No explanation necessary. Stellar card.
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker - Similar to Feldon, Kiki will stretch your ETB value over & over again.
Venser, Shaper Savant - Debatable seeing as you can't have two of him, but he'd be great alongside Conjurer's Closet.
1 day ago
JakeKita Woo, suggestions! Anyhow.
Regal Force is very iffy to me. The thing is if I already have a lot of creatures, there's a good chance that I'm going to win next turn, so all the card draw is a bit unnecessary. Eternal Witness could also work in side, but not an Elf... That one will be considered... Scavenging Ooze is the same deal. Cavern of Souls is not a forest, so not fetchable, and the thing is my opponents really are only going to counter my non-creature spells and the Soul, so it won't do much... Beast Within I guess could work? I'll try it out. Horizon Canopy I haven't really needed yet, but it's under consideration, Summoner's Pact is just really unnecessary with all the drawing and the tutors, Joraga Warcaller I WOULD love, but it doesn't do anything with Coco, and it dies to removal, whereas something like Craterhoof Behemoth might die, but the effect happens anyways and I win. Ezuri, Renegade Leader has been suggested multiple times and is under heavy consideration...
As for the color choices, I don't think going Sultai will make it more competitive. Sultai means three colors, and there are no lands that come in untapped that produce three colors (apart from those which produce every color, and are not Forests). Sultai would be there if I wanted to try for a beatdown plan, but I'm purposefully trying to combo off and not aggro off. Sultai Elves will likely be a different deck, but not this one.
Finally, Cloudstone Curio doesn't untap, only bounces, costs three mana, and is utterly useless without the combo. There are too many cons there, and not enough pros.
Thanks for the comment :)
1 day ago
1 day ago
Craterhoof Behemoth is always solid in these creature heavy lists. Avenger of Zendikar spawns a boatload of tokens when he comes into play, and with the bonus landfall you get from Karametra the tokens get out of hand quickly. Lotus Cobra is another source of Mana Ramp. Emeria Angel is another source of token generation. I've always loved Chromatic Lantern and Coalition Relic for artifact ramping. Sylvan Library is a free ponder effect every turn, that can also be an Ancestral Recall effect in a pinch. Krosan Grip gets rid of troublesome Artifacts and Enchants, with a very slim possibility of being countered.
|Power / Toughness||5/5|
|Avg. draft pick||1.42|
|Avg. cube pick||4.87|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Avacyn Restored||Mythic Rare|
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Pattern of Rebirth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Rude Awakening
- Orochi Hatchery + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Primal Surge
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Garruk, Primal Hunter + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Natural Order
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Bow of Nylea + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Genesis Wave
- Armada Wurm + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Garruk, Primal Hunter
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Hydra Omnivore
- Tooth and Nail + Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Magus of the Candelabra
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Master Biomancer + Tooth and Nail
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Prime Speaker Zegana + Tooth and Nail
- Chancellor of the Forge + Craterhoof Behemoth + Tooth and Nail
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Mimic Vat
- Concordant Crossroads + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Concordant Crossroads + Craterhoof Behemoth + Primal Surge
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth + Tooth and Nail
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth + Maelstrom Wanderer
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Joraga Warcaller + Overwhelming Stampede
- Akroma's Memorial + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Deadeye Navigator
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Fiend Hunter
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Storm Herd
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Tooth and Nail
- Chord of Calling + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Green Sun's Zenith
- Avenger of Zendikar + Craterhoof Behemoth + Deadeye Navigator
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Avenger of Zendikar
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Wren's Run Packmaster + Wolfbriar Elemental
- Deadeye Navigator + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Xenagos, God of Revels
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Hornet Queen
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Elvish Piper + Fierce Empath
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Food Chain + Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Insurrection
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Outpost Siege
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Palace Siege
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Descent of the Dragons + Entreat the Angels
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Marath, Will of the Wild + Parallel Lives
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Doubling Season
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Overwhelming Stampede + Rude Awakening