|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Mythic Rare|
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Beast
When Craterhoof Behemoth enters the battlefield, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||ibraJG84 , Ferritt , , Vasbear1 , tragic_slip , Talistan , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Roadhog , Poptartz95 , Spinalripper , Falte , sirlythefirst , thetechzombie , Vergil_Redgrail , DruneGrey , robbnoble , miracle , DudeMan1031 , RubyStrings , Fullmetalmage , firemind12 , MoJoMiXuP , Justinaut|
|Want (10)||TheHelvault , sneferie , Turtlelover73 , CoolBeansBrattah , vishnarg , Halphinian , Vergil_Redgrail , goodair , Wolfebladeelite , rockleemyhero|
Craterhoof Behemoth Discussion
1 day ago
Some things I would consider adding are:
1 day ago
VexenX, I assume you are asking about my experience with Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip? I am not playing the card and was interested in seeing what you plan to cut for it. Your response indicates it probably is not going to make it into the deck.
You did put in Traverse the Outlands by cutting a land to go to 42. I am at 42 lands as I cut one to get Asceticism into the deck. Natural Order and Akroma's Memorial were two possible cuts for Traverse the Outlands that I mentioned.
Would you recommend leaving out Traverse the Outlands, or cutting Akroma's Memorial or Natural Order or another card? Natural Order is the only card of the three that can be played while we are behind or as an alternate win condition getting either Avenger of Zendikar or Craterhoof Behemoth (win con).
I know Akroma's Memorial has won you games. I still value Steely Resolve, Asceticism and probably Eldrazi Monument more that Akroma's Memorial. This may come down to what kind of decks you are playing. A competitive table probably doesn't even concern itself with Omnath. A more casual table where turn six wins are very unusual are going to kill or counter Omnath 9 out of 10 times.
Akroma's Memorial does partiality aid with keeping Omnath on the board but it is not as effective as the other three as protection from white is much better than protection from red. The seven mana cost another issue as this necessitates waiting a turn to cast Omnath.
Have I overvalued Eldrazi Monument? It comes down on the mana curve before Omnath in theory and provides protection from most boardwipes. We are not playing that many creatures. Has the sacrifice clause been an issue for you? If you are having to play this after Omnath hits the board it becomes less valuable and probably loses out to Akroma's Memorial in finishing games.
1 day ago
I love tribal, two of my three EDH decks are tribal (Elves and Wizards). To me a tribal deck is one that mostly uses creatures of one certain type with perhaps a few creatures outside of that tribe for support. For example my Elf Ball EDH runs cards like Soul of the Harvest for gas, terrastodon to deal with pesky permanents and Craterhoof Behemoth to seal the deal.
4 days ago
Emeria Angel, flying tokens are very lethal
Craterhoof Behemoth to end the game immediately
Evolutionary Leap to sac small tokens and get better creatures
4 days ago
4 days ago
Lots of goodies to consider before Disciple likely. Sitting here looking at:
- ramp (Elvish Mystic, Bloom Tender, Gaea's Cradle, Cabal Coffers/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth)
- midrange-y goodness (Grave Titan, Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth, Lord of Extinction)
- a Necrotic Ooze combo (Walking Ballista, Phyrexian Devourer, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed/Triskelion)
- dredge package (Golgari Grave-Troll, Stinkweed Imp, Life from the Loam)
- table drain (Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Exquisite Blood, Massacre Wurm)
- attrition package (Merciless Executioner, Fleshbag Marauder, Desolation)
- creature based targetted removal (Reclamation Sage, Caustic Caterpillar, Woodfall Primus)
- stax package (Thorn of Amethyst, Sphere of Resistance, Contamination, Null Rod)
- tutor package (Buried Alive, Birthing Pod, Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Sidisi, Undead Vizier)
- better sac outlets (Phyrexian Altar, Ashnod's Altar, Viscera Seer, Greater Good)
- general good stuff (Sylvan Library, Damnation, Mana Crypt)