Mask of Avacyn
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+2 and has hexproof.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Mask of Avacyn Discussion
5 days ago
Mask of Avacyn is a little clunky but is another source of hexproof. You could do with some indestructible to avoid wraths as well.
1 week ago
Make it 40 card and sideboard or add Mask of Avacyn. Great price and deck +1
2 weeks ago
In your maybebaord you have some tasty cards, see the next few lines:
- You run a lot of mana rock, you should then definitely consider Clock of Omens, it could give you a lot of free mana. You could then get rid of Doubling Cube or Voltaic Key, which are both great cards on their own (with entire different mechanic), but not on the same level as Clock of Omens (especially for commander in the case of Voltaic Key);
- In the same vain, you should also play more draw engine to utilize that mana you already have: Tower of Fortunes is one of my favorite for exemple. I know draw engine can be difficult in colorless. If your meta has no infinite-mana combo, or any deck that do similar to yours, I STRONGLY advice you to play Well of Knowledge, it's an incredible card for commander, but it's more casual minded;
- Metalworker is another all-star, no wonder why it's limited in vintage. You should definitely play it, no way you can skip that.
About the mainboard:
- If you run Thespian's Stage, you could play Dark Depths, but it's not obligated;
- I see you run a lot of equip-protection like Whispersilk Cloak or the good old Lightning Greaves, if you want more I suggest Champion's Helm, Darksteel Plate or Mask of Avacyn, but I don't think you need more, just a thought;
- You run a lot of mana rock, so mana cost reducer are not that important, but nonetheless, they are still very good, so I suggest Cloud Key and Semblance Anvil;
- Eldrazi Conscription is really meuh.... I suggest you get rid of it.
Random cards I would consider:
- Mishra's Helix is a pretty funny card if you want to play more control, with all that mana you play right now you can literally kill people turn's even before they start it. But that card is really uncommon and eccentric. If you look at my decks you'll see I like to play strange cards XD.
- What do you target with Strionic Resonator? I'm interested.
Overall, great deck, super fun to play robots!
4 weeks ago
For hexproof/similar abilities you'll want to be looking at Swiftfoot Boots, Mask of Avacyn, Darksteel Plate, Lightning Greaves, General's Kabuto and Champion's Helm. In regards to vigilance I'm guessing you want mass as opposed to single card vigilance? In this case you should look at Brave the Sands, Heliod, God of the Sun, Hold the Gates, Serra's Blessing and Angelic Field Marshal. Please dont take this the wrong way but I feel you have a fair few cards that aren't really in keeping with your gameplan or rest of the deck. For instance, Dragonlord Dromoka has a stax effect which youre not utilizing with other cards. Similarly, you're not running sacrifice so Ghoultree's mana reducing ability is unlikely to be utilized. Also, your land count is really low. An average EDH deck will run around 37 but you are using high costing creatures which require lands and ramp.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Looks pretty good, I have a Sram deck with fairly similar counts on voltron + lands & it tends to beat face consistently. Your's is a little different in that you utilize 2x commanders. That being said, I see a couple of reasons for KEEPING Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
- GREEN color identity, those low cost green hexproof/shroud auras are reason enough to keep Reyhan - In fact I'd think about more due to you having a self-growing commander that isn't quite so screwed by shroud: Sexy BUDGET green aura to think about - Aspect of Mongoose , Canopy Cover , and CURSES!! Bear Umbra isn't budget but it sure smacks people. Pollenbright Wings can suddenly make you swing/block wide & is ridiculous with all that double strike.
- You use so much shroud so it is nice to have a secondary equip option, unfortunately in Sram I actually had to PULL Lightning Greaves due to several games where I played it early for protection but never found myself drawing in to a new equip option; fortunately for you, you have a 2nd option readily available in Reyhan if Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker is shrouded & blocked from further equip/targeting (nifty bonus that his innate ability lets him continue to grow)
Other things I think I noticed/possible suggestions (trying to stay on budget)
- Vanishing - SERIOUSLY CAREFULLY READ THE RULINGS ON HOW PHASING WORKS!!!!!!!!! - I have seen this card attached to Zur wreaking MASSIVE havoc, it is by far more damaging than both indestructible & hexproof combined (as long as you have 2 blue mana open (the only downside for you is if you phase out (Ishai - I don't think his ability makes him grow... but still very strong) Seems mostly superior to Mistmeadow Witch
- Sigarda's Aid maybe?
- Trepanation Blade can surprise people
- Sword of the Animist a little $$ right now for some reason :(
- Grappling Hook I know the cmc is steep but I have surprised quite a few people by using that secondary ability
- Argentum Armor maybe a bit steep $$ or cmcwise
- I would think about taking out Blade of Selves although it is cool I THINK duplicating your legendary creatures would be a dead effect seeing as how those legendary duplicates would be instantly erased (maybe you have it for some deathtrigger combo with Reyhan?)
- Banshee's Blade or because
Really neat deck, I'm a little jealous of some of the color combos & other stuff you utilize that Sram cannot. Curious as to how it would square off against Sram voltron.. probably a 50/50 FAST game type of situation. Also, would depend heavily on the types of mana base both decks were drawing in to.
1 month ago
I have a couple of those items on my wish list already, like the Mask of Avacyn and the boots. The X of Kaldra andBasilisk Collar equipment is nice, but is going to have to be bought at a later date since I really meant budget. ~20-25 USD is my max.
Since Ishai is really good at powering themselves up, equipment that just gives them +x/+x alone isn't on my priority. Stuff that give effects like Loxodon Warhammer is more up my alley.
So far, the warhammer and Infiltration Lens are looking quite good. Thanks for the suggestions!
1 month ago
Im very very new to EDH and just made a Tromokratis Voltron deck... these are the equipments im currently running
- Basilisk Collar
- Grappling Hook
- Hedron Matrix
- Helm of Kaldra
- Hero's Blade
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Magebane Armor
- Mask of Avacyn
- Shield of Kaldra
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Sword of Kaldra
- Sword of Vengeance
maybe some of those could do you some good?