|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Choose one - Destroy all creatures with power 2 or less; or destroy all creatures with power 3 or greater.
Entwine-Sacrifice two lands. (Choose both if you pay the entwine cost.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Solar Tide Discussion
1 month ago
Creature pump/value: Cloudstone Curio and Panharmonicon are both broken with Arcades. Serra's Blessing --> Brave the Sands: strictly better! Spidersilk Armor is great against heavy flying decks (and will rarely be a removal target because it is so unassuming)
Ramp: Azorius Signet, Simic Signet and Selesnya Signet should all be run; they allow for a turn 3 Arcades. Thought Vessel (came in Meren) lets you keep your excessive draws and Mind Stone replaces itself if no longer needed. They also fit the bill of a 2 drop ramp. Sylvan Caryatid!
Target/mass removal: Dusk, Solar Tide, and Slaughter the Strong, will all be one sided wipes for you! Cyclonic Rift is worth the price tag; it will go in every blue deck. Consider mainboarding Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares. Return to Dust is another strong card.
Land: Prairie Stream, Irrigated Farmland, Scattered Groves, Reliquary Tower, the temples (Temple of Mystery), bounce lands (Simic Growth Chamber), and pain lands (Adarkar Wastes) are all worth considering. Real solid base though!
The counterspell suite is great in one on one games but in multiplayer, it is rarely a good trade. I would cut down to two or three. For efficiency Swan Song is a powerhouse; your Disallow exemplifies the flat out "no"; Insidious Will is wildly versatile and can win you the game.
Alexi's Cloak, Alpha Authority, Canopy Cover, Diplomatic Immunity, and Shielding Plax could be swapped out for repeatable protection (the equipments above) or effects that not only protect your whole board but also abuse ETB abilities (I cast Damnation, you cast Ghostway. I cry because you have your whole board and drew 5 cards).
Some other cuts that could be made for new stuff would include any of the walls that are just big dumb beaters like Glacial Wall.
8 months ago
I'm running a similar deck and have a few suggestions of cards that work really well in that deck:
Benefit from having many creatures - Ashnod's Altar - Nullmage Shepherd - Odric, Master Tactician - Hour of Reckoning - Nissa's Expedition - Appeal / Authority - Glare of Subdual (very powerful) - Eldrazi Monument (I know, puts your creatures over 2 power. But if you're flying and indestructible, who cares about details like that) - Cathars' Crusade (same luxury problem as Eldrazi Monument, and same solution)
Generic goodstuff - Path of Ancestry (how are you surviving with so little land in the first place?) - Krosan Verge (if you put in the big dollar land cards, might as well fetch them. plus, it ramps too!)
9 months ago
Overall, the token theme looks pretty strongly supported. There are a couple really neat niche cards like Viscious Shadows that should make for some pretty cool games.
Some possible adds to consider:
- Either Farseek or Skyshroud Claim are worth considering. They can fetch duals, which can really help you get out of a bind if you get color-screwed early. 4-color decks are so vulnerable to an early Ghost Quarter.
- Sandwurm Convergence is expensive to cast, but it'll help protect you from flyers in the late game, can be a weakness for K&T. Might be better than Blazing Archon.
- Some conditional board wipes would probably be useful while you build your mana base. Austere Command and Solar Tide can wipe away opposing threats while leaving your tokens largely intact.
- If you intend to keep the card draw payoffs, you probably want at least a couple more ways to draw cards. Dictate of Kruphix is a little less scary than Rites of Flourishing if you're looking for an enchantment to help with Sphere. The Locust God would be a really good one to consider as well.
- If you're looking to make a mana jump in the late game to flood the board with tokens, Dictate of Karametra can really do some work. Flash makes a huge difference.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage can be pretty solid in K&T. You're a little lower to the ground, so maybe that's not what you're going for, but worth thinking about.
Cuts to consider:
- You have a bunch of draw payoff (Hoofprints, Crawler, etc), but not many enablers other than K&T. If you don't want to run more enablers, you might consider cutting some of those payoffs to make room for utility.
- I almost always end up cutting Aura/Artifact Mutation from decks. They feel like they have so much upside, but it's so common to have the wrong one, or only be hitting a mana rock. Return to Dust, Krosan Grip or Sylvan Reclamation are almost always going to server better. Or if you want to lose friends, go for Aura Shards
- I'm not sure that Duelist's Heritage is a very strong political card in this shell. People are already not going to be all that incentivized to attack you (prison effects + lots of chump blockers), and if you have an army ready to win with, helping them against another player is probably not going to prevent them from trying to sweep your board. It's also almost completely useless to you, which is a problem once people start dying.
- Jazal is probably better off as Ezuri, Renegade Leader or just an Overrun of some sort. You might just want more overrun effects in general.
- Treacherous Terrain is so rarely going to get there that you're probably better off just running Farseek so you can fix 2 colors off of BfZ duals (speaking of which, Prairie Stream is on-color).
Good luck. Looks like a deck that should make fun games :)
11 months ago
Carrion Feeder, Viscera Seer, Animate Dead, Bloodthrone Vampire, Hidden Stockpile, Stingscourger, Bone Shredder, Bygone Bishop, Devouring Swarm, Kathari Bomber, Pawn of Ulamog, Victimize, Cabal Executioner, Dauthi Mindripper, Flesh-Eater Imp (if you wanna be mean), Marsh Flitter, Vulturous Aven, Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder, Karmic Guide, Knight-Captain of Eos, Reveillark, Solar Tide, Butcher of Malakir, Corpse Connoisseur, Burnished Hart, Priest of the Blood Rite, Sin Collector,
Cards to think about
11 months ago
Let me know if your deck is having Specific problems and I'll give you suggestions to fix them. you can also see my sidar and vial here The Meek Shall Inherit the Game
1 year ago
Okay, so fair warning, I haven't looked through every past version of your list, so some of these may be cards you've already considered, but I wanted to take a broad approach and hope to give you some stuff you've never seen before.
Angelic Wall Avatar of Hope City of Solitude Cloudthresher Condemn Conqueror's Galleon Flip Dazzling Ramparts Deathless Angel Doomgape Eater of Days Elderscale Wurm Engulfing Slagwurm Erebos, God of the Dead Giant Adephage Grave Sifter Gutter Grime Hunted Horror Jareth, Leonine Titan Karametra, God of Harvests Kin-Tree Invocation Luminate Primordial Palisade Giant Pelakka Wurm Platinum Emperion Primal Command Scaled Behemoth Solar Tide Sunscape Familiar Sylvan Primordial Terastodon Terra Stomper Vengeful Archon Voice of Resurgence Wall of Hope Wall of Junk Wall of Nets Windbrisk Raptor
1 year ago
Boros Charm and Golgari Charm is something that isn't removal, but it is versatile and will help you punch through due to not being afraid of creatures dying. As for actual removal Austere Command, Solar Tide, Vandalblast, Righteous Fury or Sunblast Angel, Void. For unblockability Cover of Darkness, Glaring Spotlight, and Profane Command.
For ultimate cheese, Triumph of the Hordes infect p2 for 10 pts and p1 dies from infect too.
1 year ago
Ah, thank you! Conditional wraths are exactly what this deck needed, and those should take out most concerning creatures. Swapping Dusk for one each of Holy Day and Ethereal Haze, and adding Solar Tide and Fell the Mighty to sideboard.