|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition (MED)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Choose one &mdash
- Counter target spell if it's blue.
- Destroy target permanent if it's blue.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||rebelteddybear , Sparky41 , dexxter7 , Supremespeed , BlueMageBrandon , Sergal , , dplerner , mziter501 , philktoken8998 , Vergil_Redgrail , abby315|
16 hours ago
2 days ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
4 days ago
Thank you, friend! Goblins are definitely fun with all their synergy and diversity, you gotta love them!
I need to edit my update to Ixalan, but you are right. Kindred Charge is too highly costed for a payoff that did not parallel it, unfortunately.
As for adding Pyroblast for your playgroup, I would 100% endorse that! I would say a seamless switch would be Goblin Grenade. As a matter of fact, I may do that as well. Counter magic in red is always good, plus it destroys blue permanents instead of only dealing 5 damage. That's what I have to say about it!
5 days ago
Most of the red flags came up with the mana base, including very slow rocks. Staff of Nin is too slow to be relevant in cEDH. Path to Exile is never played in cEDH. Besides this, I'm not too sure how to improve the creatures and other spells of the deck because this type of deck isn't seen in cEDH.
5 days ago
Quest for Pure Flame and Gamble are working out great from your recent changes. I've been on and off testing kindred charge , but I'm not really liking it. At best it performs as well as Siege-Gang Commander.
My list is currently a 100% match to yours and is running amazing, I've been so tempted to add in Pyroblast due to the amount of blue players I face though.
1 week ago
Seething Song is already in my list; not sure why it isn't on here. I won't have more than one red ritual in the deck, I don't think, but I may replace Seething Song with one of the 2 cmc ones to help with Firemind's Foresight. Overwhelming Denial actually doesn't work well as a replacement for Counterflux, since Counterflux is in there to get rid of messy stacks, not to be uncounterable. I definitely should add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast; I have them sitting around somewhere, I think.