|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition (DDE)||Rare|
|Future Sight (FUT)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
: Put a charge counter on Coalition Relic.
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, remove all charge counters from Coalition Relic. Add one mana of any color to your mana pool for each counter removed this way.
|Have (4)||, mazrimtaim , metalmagic , Bluboltar|
|Want (7)||AngryDrosophila , maxxthreat , Flamadiddle , VonBears , Lavatails , wolfboy193 , Cryogenical|
Coalition Relic Discussion
5 days ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. Amazing deck, $4200+. Wow, holy shit!
Manabase upgrades to consider:
- Gemstone Mine > Path of Ancestry
- Mana Confluence > Llanowar Reborn
- City of Brass > Skycloud Expanse
- Ancient Tomb > Cavern of Souls
Other upgrades to consider:
- Vampiric Tutor > Ignite the Beacon
- Enlightened Tutor > Inexorable Tide
- Mystical Tutor > Green's Sun Zenith
- Ugin, the Spirit Dragon > Dovin Baan
- Karn Liberated > Ob Nixilis Reignited
- Arena Rector > Garruk Wildspeaker
- Deathrite Shaman > Oath of Jace
- Cataclysm > Global Ruin
- Eternal Witness > Akroma's Vengeance
- Coalition Relic > Azorius Signet
- Dig Through Time > Treasure Cruise
1 week ago
(saw your post on tumblr and had to come and suggest stuff, but feel free to ignore, I'm just trying to throw some ideas out to help out!)
I think counterspells aren't very good as signature spells (but I don't have much experience with Oathbreaker). If you're going for flavor I think Expansion / Explosion , Izzet Charm or Turn//Burn could work. (It could also be fun to build a Harnessed Lightning energy-themed deck for Ral, Storm Conduit :x)
I think that instead of running a lot of creatures with tap (or untap) abilities it would be easier to focus on artifacts for the ramp/card draw/etc with cards like Clock of Omens , Key to the City , Staff of Nin (), Unwinding Clock , Chaos Wand , Oracle's Vault () and a bunch of mana rocks ( Mind Stone , Pyramid of the Pantheon (), Coalition Relic (), Talisman of Creativity , Star Compass , Hedron Archive , Basalt Monolith and Khalni Gem ). Animation Module can add counters to planeswalkers, so that could be fun too.
Reality Shift is probably the best creature single target removal in blue.
I'd cut down on the number of X damage spells you're running and rely more on having some graveyard recursion/tutoring to make it more consistent. Mystic Retrieval would be my choice to run along with Archeomancer. Mizzix's Mastery is also pretty good, but probably better if you're focusing on spellslinging.
Vandalblast and Shenanigans (or maybe Release the Gremlins for the cuteness) are good artifact removal. Geistblast is a interesting Flashback spell that actually should be like Amonkhet's Aftermath. Insidious Will 's versatility shouldn't be underestimated.
(aaand I already suggested too much. Like I said, feel free to ignore. Can't wait to see the finished deck. I hope something from this mess helps!)
2 weeks ago
Way too many lands and your ramp package needs some major tlc (aka drop EVERY rock that costs 3 and only adds 1 mana).
Boros Signet , Azorius Signet , Izzet Signet , Talisman of Progress , Talisman of Conviction , Talisman of Creativity , Fellwar Stone , Pentad Prism , Basalt Monolith , Worn Powerstone , and Coalition Relic should ALL be in here. Don't drop any of the above rocks, add more if your budget allows Lotus Petal , Mana Vault , Moxes, etc.
Feel free to check out my list for inspiration. It's got a gross overall price tag but still plenty of affordable options (i.e. GET Strionic Resonator IN HERE). Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Narset, American Beauty
2 weeks ago
Chainer's game plan should be something like... Ramp > Control > Reanimate.
Focus on filling and stealing from your opponents' graveyards and protecting Chainer.
Stax: Honestly, I would avoid hard stax. It encourages your opponents to hate you and escalate their power-level.
What this deck really needs is ramp: 38-40 lands and 12-16 cards like Bubbling Muck , Charcoal Diamond , Heartless Summoning , Burnished Hart , Coalition Relic , Revel in Riches , Black Market , Magus of the Coffers , Gauntlet of Power , Nirkana Revenant , etc. Also Phyrexian Tower .
...If you want to lean into stax... here's a list for evil people :)
3 weeks ago
If you need help with knowing how much/what ramp to use, you might want to check out https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/brewer-s-minute-ramp-math
I am not an expert in mono, but for you I recommend adding:
Myriad Landscape can go in almost any edh deck
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is solid in any one- or two-colour deck
Lake of the Dead has a downside, but you won't care when you're using it (trust me)
Petrified Field to protect valuable lands.
I'm not sure how I feel about Temple of the False God , but it is an EDH classic.
Other mono ramp
I ended up finding so many mono ramp cards I thought I might as well make a more full list.
Solemn Simulacrum is a good catch-all
Nirkana Revenant is good in the right deck
Bog Witch is kind of weird, but has fringe uses
I haven't thought hard, but you might be able to do some flicker shenanigans with Priest of Gix
Worst case, an edh deck can always load up on rocks. These are some of the best ones for mono black
Sol Ring every edh deck should include this
Pillar of Origins for tribal decks
In most games, these do the same thing: Commander's Sphere , Cryptolith Fragment Flip, Cultivator's Caravan , Darksteel Ingot , Hierophant's Chalice , Honor-Worn Shaku , Mana Prism , Manalith , Orazca Relic , Phyrexian Totem , Powerstone Shard , Pristine Talisman , Seer's Lantern , Serum Powder , Skull of Ramos , Sol Grail , Spectral Searchlight , Vessel of Endless Rest , Victory Chimes , and Chromatic Lantern
Thought Vessel if you fill your hand
Chrome Mox is usually worth the card disadvantage
Mox Amber if you usually have your commander/a legendary thing out
Mox Diamond if lands in your graveyard is a good thing
Mox Opal if you have 2+ extra artifacts
Black Market is good if you tend to sacrifice/kill a lot of creatures
Liliana of the Dark Realms is nice with proliferate, and makes sure you don't miss land drops in the mid/late-game
Sword of the Animist is best with one-mana creatures, and if you attack often, but might be justified even if not
Carnival of Souls is fun with some creature-based combos
Crypt of Agadeem works, but only if you consistently have 4+ creatures in the graveyard
Phyrexian Tower eats your creatures
Cabal Coffers is a staple
Cabal Stronghold is great if you can't afford many nonbasics, and might be good enough besides.
4 weeks ago
Secondly, make custom categories. In my aristocrats deck, Lie, Steal, Cheat, and SURVIVE!, I separate these into
- Sac Outlets: More on this in a moment
- Sacrificial Lambs: Vindictive Lich is a prime example
- Blood Artistry: I have access to four good ones
- Mana Rocks: More on this in a moment
- Card Draw: Dark Prophecy
- Board Wipes: More on this in a moment
- +1/+1 Counters: You don't have this synergy, but consider it the "cute interactions" section
- Full Power: This is the section for your haymakers that end the game almost immediately. Mass reanimation like Command the Dreadhorde or Black Market go here.
Once you do that, you understand what gameplans you want the deck to adopt and what ones just don't fit. You finally see the level of consistency that your list offers.
You have four mana rocks in the entire deck, not counting Ashnod's and Phyrexian Altar. The odds of you having those early on in the game to ramp are extremely low. Talisman of Hierarchy , Worn Powerstone , Coalition Relic , Thran Dynamo , Fellwar Stone . Run these and the clunkiness will be reduced. Oh, Black Market and Smothering Tithe are auto-inclusions.
Granted, I have no knowledge of your meta, but I do think that you could use a few more board wipes. Grave Pact , Liliana, Dreadhorde General , Damnation and Wrath of God oughta do the trick. Since budget is your concern, try Day of Judgment and Hour of Revelation .
4 weeks ago
DankMagicianD Thanks for the upvote, cheers!
1 month ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
Coalition Relic occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%