|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Reveal the top X cards of your library. You may put any number of permanent cards with converted mana cost X or less from among them onto the battlefield. Then put all cards revealed this way that weren't put onto the battlefield into your graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Genesis Wave Discussion
2 days ago
Depending on Land/Rock count, Genesis Wave might be decent.
3 days ago
Here's he thing about spell mastery in this deck. The instants and sorcery spells, half of them get lands. So by the time I use Awakening it doesnt work that good... just hate to take another ramp spell out of the deck. But it should be replaced with somthing better at least. As for Boundless Realms I need it. It pairs up so well with my big spells stuff like Genesis Wave
5 days ago
I keep hearing/reading that people think green has trouble drawing cards. Sure, it can't really compete with blue, and you can certainly argue black comes in second, but green has great card advantage options as well. In my eyes, used correctly, they can be even better than most black tools (with the exceptions of Ad Nauseam and Necropotence which are both insane). I'm not going to go into detail, but just list you some green card advantage: Sylvan Library, Glimpse of Nature, Harmonize, Fecundity, Skullmulcher, Greater Good, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Genesis Wave, Soul of the Harvest, Primordial Sage, Recycle, Regal Force, Shamanic Revelation, Rishkar's Expertise, Praetor's Counsel, Seasons Past, Vizier of the Menagerie. Also, you have access to colorless cards like Mind's Eye, Memory Jar, Skullclamp, Horn of Greed and Slate of Ancestry. Obviously most of those cards require specific circumstances to work, like a high powered creature, a big number of creatures or lots of mana. Just select the ones that fit what your deck is trying to do and test to find the right number.
6 days ago
Cool idea, I think I want to give this a spin later (note to self!) as I think I have most of the things you included. Have you fired a successful Genesis Wave out of this? I presently have only one copy and I struggle with decision where to actually employ it, results were surprisingly poor in an old Selesnya deck where I last used it.
2 weeks ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
2 weeks ago
Have you considered Harmonize to get more gas? I know its not a control deck but it can help you dig for things like Swords to Plowshares. I would also add in Genesis Wave as a finisher. If you do end up cutting some bigger things as other people suggested I would cut Selvala, Heart of the Wilds as well.
Odric, Master Tactician can also be good if you are having trouble with blockers.
2 weeks ago
I am looking for a Genesis Wave, Warstorm Surge, Collective Voyage Veteran Explorer Zhur-Taa Ancient Dictate of Karametra Heartbeat of Spring Mana FlareNew Frontiers and Purphoros, God of the Forge to finish up my Xenagod deck. Notable value cards I have are a Puresteel Paladin, 3x Exquisite Blood the rest of my cards are in my binder if you see anything it would be great to get these cards.