|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
If you would draw a card, you may instead choose land or nonland and reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a card of the chosen kind. Put that card into your hand and put all other cards revealed this way on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||MagnaAura , ZombieFood , Lindough , MrCrazzyc , frederiklw , SpottedGee , TheRealPeaches , Shiromakuro , TThors , techneil , Justinaut , Reliva , DarkMagician , brentkc49 , Dr_Jay , duff87 , rikertchu , Wolfebladeelite , teslacoil7992 , mandoso , PTsmitty , mazrimtaim , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , TheRealSpecialK|
|Want (42)||Blueberry314 , PatCouturier , obitus , sneferie , VosslerX , fartfanuger , Shpalm , dnoate , xafeara , mitch50700 , AwesomeOctopus , PyRoTheLifeLess , cartemagic , twospires , MrSage , TheBl0b , Seventy7INa45 , appledog , CryAll , MementoMuffin , guntermench , RNG , HehaGardenHoe , rdean14 , SimonM9d , TheCDC , king0fclubs , Gryffix , Kurush , guacachole , AntiheroFOREVER , matt31196 , jmcc , protistapark , draxtar , pmpott , likeohmygod , Nissa_Is_Best , DarkStarStorm , dackodack , GothicReaper , 101011|
1 day ago
Omnath was my first commander deck too and i still love playing it. My deck has an even higher curve than yours but the big diffrence between mine and yours is that i play a lot more cards that help me get landdrops. You only play 5 real ramp spells. I would suggest adding some more. Early game they help you get to omnath, late game they help you get more tokens so they are never dead cards.
Some good suggestions that are budget:
Harrow (instant Speed card)
Boundless Realms More a finisher card
Hour of Promise Which lets you find any land card so you can find stuff like Myriad landscape or something
Sylvan Scrying Goes to your hand but lets you find any land card which can be usefull sometimes
Also some cards to help you get lands if you are stuck with a hand without land:
Abundance You can either choose to find a land card or a non land card if you have too many in hand for everytime you draw
Elfhame Sanctuary Also lets you find the lands if you need them but skips your drawstep
I have my omnath deck on my own page if you want to check it out, its not fully up to date but it gives you an idea of what you can add. +1 for the Omnath love :D
1 day ago
I run a budgety gitrog and here's some of what I run: Scapeshift, World Shaper, The Mending of Dominaria, Sporemound, Sylvan Awakening, Boundless Realms, Abundance, Jaddi Offshoot, Splendid Reclamation, aaaaand Avenger of Zendikar.
I haven't gotten into the full Jund combination, but there's some good "sac land for benefits" in red.
6 days ago
Wow, lots of tips Saljen. First of all: Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave some feedback! I think I’ve considered most of your mentions though and ended up not including them due to certain preferences. Lots of cards to respond to, so here goes:
- I used to run Hour of Promise and I like the card. However, I ended up cutting it when other land tutors were printed. I think it was Pir's Whim that has taken its place.
- Constant Mists I also used to run, but I found that I did not run enough cards that synergize with it. I would probably put it back if I ever change the list to be more graveyard-oriented (similar story for Sylvan Safekeeper), or if my meta starts playing more aggro. It is a card I really like though, so I would like to run it again.
- I’m aware of the Abundance Sylvan Library combo, but that situation will occur very rarely (especially as I run no ways to tutor for enchantments). So most of the time Abundance will see play on its own. And as a stand-alone card, I do not think it warrants a spot in the deck. Same story with Prismatic Omen, which only other synergy is it makes Dark Depths and Glacial Chasm tap for mana. These cards are great when they combo, but mediocre when they don’t imo. Gratuitous Violence only works when creatures deal damage, so I don’t see how that helps with valakut…
- Eternal Witness and Skullwinder are indeed great recursion cards! However, I run witness in so many decks already so I wanted to focus on lands in this list for my recursion cards for some variety. I prefer those recursion cards over witness and skullwinder.
- I never really read Realm Seekers well enough it seems :). Will reconsider that card!
- I’ve built this deck to make the lands shine! Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon turn the stars of my deck into mountains… I agree they are great cards for stalling opponents, but it goes against what I want to do with this deck. Also, I tend to steer away from cards that mess with my opponents' lands (already cut Jokulhaups for that reason). That’s also why I’m also not running Vorinclex.
- Yavimaya Hollow is useful, but not necessary in this list I think. I never really considered it for this deck however. So I will do that :)!
- I did not include Realms Uncharted in this list as I’m not focusing on graveyard synergy. But I never considered it in combination with Petrified Field, so maybe that will change things ^.^. However, I do really like the land tutors that are already in the deck.
- Wheel of Fortune is awesome. However, I only have one of them, and I put that one in a Daretti deck, where it is more valuable for the deck strategy. Here I can run other carddraw and not feel bad about it ;). I don’t think it makes a big enough difference here to warrant that price tag.
- T&N I am already considering in this deck, but haven’t decided on it yet :). Insurrection is nice, but does not have any synergy here with the strategy or themes (I do run it in another deck where I think it is more at home).
- I agree Decimate and Gleeful Sabotage are decent removal options, but I prefer the removal pieces I ended up selecting for this list.
- You did see I only run 5 mountains right? I don’t see how Boundless Realms is going to kill all opponents with Valakut unless I have valakut copied a bunch of times and if I have a bunch of other cards in play as well that I don’t run. I actually wrote quite extensively about why I do not run Boundless Realms in my description and I stand by those arguments.
Thanks a lot for dropping by. I will consider realms uncharted, petrified field, yavimaya hollow and realm seekers ;).
6 days ago
Hour of Promise can either grab the full Dark Depths combo, or it can grab Valakut + T-Stage, which gives you a lot of options. It can also pull out any other combination of helpful lands, like Glacial Chasm.
Constant Mists is a way to take advantage of your mass of lands, and can let you stay in the game far longer than you have any right to with this card.
Sylvan Library + Abundance is a pretty sweet little combo that lets you draw 3 cards per turn. Since Abundance "draw" triggers don't actually draw, but rather place the cards in your hand, as long as you trigger Abundance on all three Library triggers, you get to draw 3 cards. Both cards are obviously pretty good on their own too.
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is just a stupidly awesome power-house. Not only does he double your mana, but he shuts down your opponents plays for as long as he's in play.
Realm Seekers often comes down with 15+ +1/+1 counters and can single-handedly set up any land combo you want.
Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon are great for stalling out opponents. They have the side effect of turning off Valakut though. I run them in my R/G Borborygmos deck and they pay off more often than they mess you up.
Sylvan Safekeeper can help you keep your permanents safe while throwing lands in the yard for later use.
The main reason to run Boundless Realms is as a win-con once Valakut is in play. It can often give you enough bolts to take out all of your opponents.
1 week ago
Hmm. I like Sakura-Tribe Elder. I'm just not sure if I need it. It might be nice in the sideboard, I suppose. I don't absolutely need Abundance; I just like the card. It could easily be replaced by Sakura-Tribe Elder. I might go ahead with that. The card definitely fits well with the playstyle of the deck, but I don't think I'll run it in the mainboard. I'm not sure if you were specifically suggesting that Sakura-Tribe Elder replace Birds of Paradise, but I personally like the latter card more. But preferring the former is definitely a valid stance, and I'll be sure to at least list it somewhere on the deck. I think it's a little hard to gauge how useful a card is in a vacuum. I like the card because it provides an option to retrieve it from the graveyard if I'm mana-starved. I also agree that Bloodghast works well with Bone Splinters. I was actually thinking about that. It might be nice to have in the mainboard? Having 1x of it wouldn't be a huge issue either since I can always retrieve it with Traverse the Ulvenwald. And 'ackthually' I think Bloodghast isn't terrible in regards to undergrowth. I can always stick it in the graveyard and then retrieve it after I've put Ghoultree/Molderhulk out. I only really view it as counterproductive to Graverobber Spider which is only a 2x anyway. It's not a bad suggestion. I'll mull it over.
2 weeks ago
First things first: Spore Frog is an all star in this deck.
This deck looks like it wants to make tokens and sac them off. Carrion Feeder and Viscera Seer are great budget sac outlets. I’d also recommend Phyrexian Plaguelord since you can convert tokens into -X/-X to remove stuff. This is noteworthy because -X/-X effects will kill indestructible creatures where normal damage and effects that use the word “destroy” will not. Also note that if you are trying to destroy a God such as Erebos, he needs to become a creature before you are able to get rid of him. Since you have Zulaport Cutthroat, you should also use Blood Artist.
Now, you need tokens to sac off. Avenger of Zendikar is your best option. Hornet Queen creates a small army of deathtouch fliers. Mycoloth wants to eat all nonessential creatures so he can generate an army at the start of each of your turns. Mitotic Slime is als great with Meren since it lets you build experience counters and generate tokens to sac off. Army of the Damned is an army in a can and can be abused by tossing Eterbal Witness in and out of the graveyard. Ghoulcaller Gisa is a very good choice if you’re looking to sac off Avenger of Zendikar repeatedly.
Ramp is a cornerstone of every deck with green in it. Sakura Tribe Elder is good, but you want Rampant Growth, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, and Explosive Vegetation. You cannot really abuse these with Meren unless you sac and reanimate Eternal Witness, but they are essential for making sure you get the correct colors you need when you need them. If you want to be cheeky, you can run Abundance as well to guarantee land drops when you need them or skip lands when you don’t need them.
Card draw is necessary here. Regal Force is a great follow up once you’ve made an army of creatures. Skeletal Scrying, Read the Bones, Night's Whisper. Don’t wince at the cost in life, 2 life here and there does not matter when you have 40 life.
Board wipes will level the playing field if you fall behind. Necromantic Selection, Decree of Pain, and Black Sun's Zenith are viable options here. You can wipe and rebuild faster than your opponents more likely than not, so pull the trigger if you feel like you are losing or falling behind.
3 weeks ago
Thank you usaDiabetic!
This deck used to have Uril, the Miststalker as a commander, and obviously the transformation was painful and incomplete. These are good suggestions, I will make the changes and see how the ramp pays off.
I think I may keep Sterling Grove since it doubles as a tutor for the enchantments that will remain, and perhaps bring in Abundance if there is room for it.
WhichKing That is interesting, I will read up on it later, but not for this deck.
4 weeks ago
Why Walking Ballista? I find in EDH you aren't casting it for more than 6, and usually it's if you don't have enough card draw so you need something to do on your turns. Also, if you find yourself getting mana flooded, I recommend Abundance, which also triggers off of Windgrace's +2. Also, Centaur Vinecrasher Can get big off of all your pitching of lands with windgrace and whatnot. Also, paying a deck similar to this, I found that Elixir of Immortality often helped, both with getting my bombs back into the deck but also my lands that I pitched earlier. Turntimber Sower had some fun interactions. And finally, (but this is iffy and only works in longer games) Countryside Crusher