|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
If you would draw a card, you may instead choose land or nonland and reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a card of the chosen kind. Put that card into your hand and put all other cards revealed this way on the bottom of your library in any order.
|Have (3)||TheRealSpecialK , metalmagic , PTsmitty|
|Want (8)||RobelCL , TheBl0b , Flamadiddle , FroyoJones , __juanthebeaver27 , yokola95 , KillerSheFlash , lloydsmith28|
3 days ago
After 3 years, I have finally updated this deck!!
Removed: Tireless Tracker , Greenwarden of Murasa , Godo, Bandit Warlord , Keen Sense , Snake Umbra , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , Champion's Helm , Wheel of Fate , Sword of Feast and Famine , Mage Slayer .. cant remember the other 2 lol.
Added: Zuran Orb , Abundance , Tectonic Reformation , Lightning Greaves , Praetor's Counsel , Nissa's Triumph , Lotus Cobra , Ramunap Excavator , Wayward Swordtooth , Nissa, Who Shakes the World , Wrenn and Six , Constant Mists , and Crop Rotation .
3 weeks ago
I would add Vandalblast
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Whitehamma, sorry for the wait. I've had a little bit of time to mull over additional feedback.
Also, weird tangential thought but your name makes me think of this clip Black Hammer & White Lightning from Major League II. I highly doubt your name is a reference to an obscure early 90's sports comedy...eh my age is probably showing lol.
Without the deck primer, what would you swap? - Whitehamma
Okay, feedback. First, lets start with what you're missing, and how we can compensate - You have little Draw and interaction in the deck. As previously mentioned, the following are must haves:
- Beast Within - this is mandatory, you arguing. It shuts down other players when they're trying to combo out and assume you having nothing because you're mono green and have mana left open.
- Krosan Grip - excellent removal for those pesky Aetherflux Reservoir s, Paradox Engine s and other combo enablers.
- Desert Twister - Expensive CMC wise, but it seems to fit the Vorthos mindset you have going on here. Seems like a nice flavorful Wurm-y spell.
- Borrowing the East Wind - Exotic, and definitely in the realm of "nobody would expect this" - but monetarily it's pricey like Sylvan Library. Worth mentioning as you could just wtf bash a whole table in if you have a slight life lead.
- Drop of Honey - Exotic as well and also very unexpected for monogreen. If you happen to have one, i'd say it'd be a fun include...as the majority of your creatures are huge - but the monetary pricetag is ridiculous. thought i'd toss this one in just in case you happened to have been sitting on one, and didn't realize it. Ya never know.
- Triumph of the Hordes - an alternate wincon in monogreen for your deck. Worth the price (monetarily)
- Heroic Intervention - a good card to play when someone decides to wrath or a good response when an opponent gets cheeky when assigning blockers.
What to Remove?
Now that's a hard question. Mostly because 1. I don't know your meta, 2. I don't know your playstyle/preferences, 3. budget. I guess I can just toss some ideas of what I think doesn't really work...and well leave it at that.
- Temur Sabertooth - i'm not following the purpose of this card in this deck. Unless you're abusing ETB triggers. This would seem like diminishing returns though, as none of your creatures have a "ETB untap all lands you control" - i'd pursue a creature that would better interact with this, or just cut it.
- Seedborn Muse - playing magic on other people's turns if fun, but as far as i'm tracking you don't have more than one card that can really take advantage of all that open mana. Unless i'm missing something, these cards are a niche strategy that don't seem central to your deck's themes - i'd cut them both.
Those are my thoughts, let me know what I was completely wrong about, and what was thought provoking.
4 weeks ago
LVL_666 absolutely the best feedback anyone has ever given. Its not only feedback but ways to fix it, and help telling me how to go about setting the page up to help other people also.
I do want to stick to mono green I do like the idea of white green. I have a modern deck that's novablast wurm, and Engulfing Slagwurm . You cant see the facial expressions as I am typing this but it has no removal also ha. Just ramp and wurms like this.
So I used this commander for multi purpose ramp, removal, and card draw. However it can be changed. I did have Grothama, All-Devouring I just ended up not liking the strategy.
For draw there is a few options Greater Good , Grothama, All-Devouring , the commander... Yea thats about it ha. I did have Abundance I could put it back in. I have a few tutors to set things up but they aren't top picks that's for sure. One strat for card draw was tutor Praetor's Counsel and Altar of Dementia mill myself and return everything from the graveyard to my hand. Something that could probably go in the primer like you said. I will set one up. Thank you for the links.
Sylvan Library man.. I know im saving up. Its a beast of a card. So question I guess... The suggestions you made with the mono green cards... Without the deck primer, what would you swap? I will get on and study about deck primers and how to make them. That being said
Without the deck primer, what would you swap just seeing what you do?
4 weeks ago
This is the first Wurm deck i've ever encountered...and I must say...interesting. One pet peeve of mine however are deck pages with little to no deck description. How do you expect me to understand what you are going for here without having to study and guess at every card interaction in your deck? Ya killin' me here. Besides, you'll get a more positive reception for your deck if you add a nice detailed description. Here are some links to resources that can help you get started:
Both articles are by Epochalyptik - they gave me my start when it came to writing my own primers. BUT, moving on to the reason why i'm here...
"Open to all suggestions & questions. Will not change the tribal. its around 60% atm." - Whitehamma
Alright, i'm just going to come out and say my main suggestion - I think you should consider switching to a commander that gives you access to . Why? Because gives you access to powerful removal options - something that is a big weakness for your deck. By the way, why aren't you running Beast Within ? I digress - you have little direct removal options. Some commanders you could consider are Trostani, Selesnya's Voice or Selvala, Explorer Returned . Trostani is kind of self explanatory but Selvala can give you gross amounts of ramp earlier in the game than what your deck currently has available. Additionally there are that are worth consideration, such as Novablast Wurm or Enlisted Wurm . To summarize - mono-green wurms are severely limiting your versatility on the battlefield.
But if you intend on sticking with monogreen, here are some options that I think would be worthwhile for you to consider:
- The previously mentioned Beast Within
- Worldly Tutor
- The popular mono-green card draw engine of Sylvan Library + Abundance (I don't see much in the way of card draw, and I think you really need these)
Oh, and +1 for your deck. Wurms are cool man. Chitinous approval ensues
Abundance occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%