|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Common|
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
As an additional cost to play Crop Rotation, sacrifice a land.
Search your library for a land card and put that card onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Crop Rotation Discussion
17 hours ago
Hi, cool build here. I think since you're running on the "anti-creature" theme, here's a few cards I can suggest:
Pendrell Mists (anti-creature)
Academy Rector (unless it's out of your budget)
Sun Titan (recursion on most of your enchantments)
Not a fan of the following:
Kumena's Awakening (too slow)
Consecrated Sphinx (too out of theme and you have other draw outlets already)
Arcane Laboratory (fits more of a stax build)
So it seems like you're trying to pull this deck in many different directions (stax, creature hate, goodstuff, pillowfort, etc.), my suggestion is to hone down on one strong theme and go with it. Hope this helps!
1 day ago
Thanks for the suggestions, will take me a bit to go through it. Here's some additional followup questions.
Survival of the Fittest makes sense to me CMC3 to tutor a creature (if I have a creature).
Because I don't have haste, Fauna Shaman is less effective, but perhaps still required (just to get more consistency).
Instead of creatures, like Avacyn's Pilgrim because I don't have haste, I tried to go more low-cost spell based mana ramp. As well as having no real way to Counterspell mass removal, they are susceptible. Here is some examples:
Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip - in hand Forest (or if no other land drop that turn) = Net ramp cost or best case (Special note: I was testing to see if the slowness/poorness of the ramp, was offset her +1 Draw/Ramp once flipped. So far I haven't had her flip, so she hasn't worked yet.
I think the overall I get is, I don't have enough ramp? I'm thinking these would be good?
Or is it better to go 1/1 Elf, to get the Priest of Titania + Staff of Domination route? Will I be able to get enough 1/1 Elf into the deck without losing the 2/2 Cat Commander? My spouse will not play 1/1 Elf.
I use/tutor Alms Collector all the time, Spirit of the Labyrinth worries me because it shuts down my draw Sylvan Library, Puresteel Paladin, Sword of Fire and Ice, Skullclamp, Hunter's Insight, etc. But I understand that Selsnya () isn't the same draw level as other commanders, so perhaps, slowing everyone including myself down would be ok.
Archangel of Thune and Spike Feeder can win the game on the same turn, even if both do not have haste. Remember that Archangel of Thune gives a +1 to each creature (not just the Spike Feeder), so any creature becomes "Weaponized", and with the Trample/Evasion built in, can usually strike 1 or more players. Also, usually I Chord of Calling in the Archangel of Thune to try and protect her and allow her to avoid summoning sickness, and attack on my turn. Yes, I can win next turn with a Felidar Sovereign or Chord of Calling > Felidar Sovereign. Once she resolves unless they can stop Activated or Triggered abilities, I get the Infinite Life.
I'll do a more indepth review later. I'll also share some of your $50 suggestions on KimJongman deck later as well.
4 days ago
Nice deck! Brings me back to my early days of magic where everyone seemed to run mono green decks :D.
I browsed your list and here are some thoughts I had. Maybe there are some that are useful to you:
- Consider running Crop Rotation or Pir's Whim instead of Sylvan Scrying. Those cards have way more applications.
- You run Cultivate and Nissa’s Pilgrimage, but not Kodama's Reach? I guess I would play that over Lotus Cobra in this list as you don’t run that many ways to get more lands into play to make the Cobra shine.
- Also, Green Sun’s Zenith is synonymous with Dryad Arbor. Turning the Zenith into ramp for 1 mana. Easy include imo.
- I counted about 8 cards that draw you cards. I always prefer to run a bit more. You could consider Harmonize, Elemental Bond or Zendikar Resurgent
- With so many forests I expected to see Extraplanar Lens or something, but I could not find a card that would benefit from so many. This means you have a lot of room for improving your deck by including more utility lands. I’m thinking Scavenger Grounds, Strip Mine, Homeward Path, Tranquil Thicket, Blighted Woodland, Mosswort Bridge, Petrified Field etc. These can give you an additional edge if added in the right balance.
Hope there is something there that fits your vision for the deck!
GL & HF,
5 days ago
Alright, here goes:
- Cavern of Souls/Yavimaya Hollow - I'm getting them eventually, the foils are expensive, especially the hollow, and I've had other deck projects I've been working on.
- Hall of the Bandit Lord - it's an interesting card, and I may have to test it out.
- Miren, the Moaning Well - I already plan on getting one.
- Petrified Field - not sure on this, I just added in Ramunap Excavator and have a few other recursion tools to get back important lands.
- Tempt with Discovery - I really like this card. And I know it can get me any land. Problem is. My friends know this deck and not a single one of them will take the bait for me to get extra lands, so i think I'd rather go with your suggestion of Crop Rotation instead.
- Elemental Bond - not a fan, only because at least with packleader, it's an off rive threat on top of draw engine. But you're right, he us the weakest of my draw engines and I think Greater Good will work out, really well.
- Dryad Arbor - this card has been in my mind since I first created the deck and I both like it and hate it. I like the fact it's a 0 cost creature and a land. But at the same time. It takes my land play for the turn, and I can't tap it for mana since it has summoning sickness. So I don't know if I'll ever add it or not, but maybe I'll try it soon.
- Shamanic Revelation - I really like this card, and it'll find a home once I figure out what to take out.
- Beastmaster Ascension - great card, but not needed in this deck. I already have several backups for Kamahl in case he gets locked down, and they all add trample on top of buffing my creatures.
- Wolfbriar Elemental/Ant Queen - token production in this deck has always been passive, i.e. landfall, planeswalker, etc; it helps the deck, but it's not a focus and I don't want creatures that require lots of mana to generate tokens.
- Realms Uncharted - really just not a fan of this card, I can see it's potential. But I really just don't like it.
- Rude Awakening/Early Harvest/Magus of the Candelabra - I like being able to untap my lands. But since I'm adding in Staff of Domination, I don't think I'll need it. As I'll have several ways to infinite mana now, but you never know. I'm gonna keep these in mind just in case.
- Birthing Pod - this a great card, but my deck isn't set up to maximize how it works.
- Vernal Bloom - this affects all forests, and I hate group hug cards. Concordant Crossroads is an exception because I only play it when I cast a big genesis wave so I can win that turn.
5 days ago
Always great to see another Azusa player. It looks like your deck is based around going wide with elves for fast early mana to be finished with an explosive cradle. Since you're playing mono green, you should upgrade your mana base. You could also go with better LD like Strip Mine and Wasteland or even Ghost Quarter or just add more LD to go with crucible and Ramunap Excavator (add this card now!)
Other non LD options to mana base include the following...
Cavern of Souls - It seems you have a lot of hate for blue. Lets help.
Eldrazi Temple - Fuel eldrazi
Eye of Ugin - Tutor for eldrazi
Hall of the Bandit Lord - Highly underrated but subjective to meta
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - Baby cradle
Reliquary Tower - Always useful
Yavimaya Hollow - Regen is great
I know you have a lot of 1 drop elves, but some flexibility in your land base is key.
Now to find the utility lands...
Realms Uncharted - Just added this to my azusa deck and it works very well. Get the utility lands you need (politics) or recur them later with crucible and the excavtor (ADD HIM!)
Tempt with Discovery - Worst = Gaea's cradle untapped. Best = 5 untapped lands of your choice. RUN THIS!
You're going to want a lot of card draw with azusa since you'll be dumping your hand. Large bursts of card draw are preferred over slower incremental card draw
Garruk, Primal Hunter > Soul's Magesity. Or just have both. Same effect with more options for the same mana
Rishkar's Expertise > soul's magesity. Much strong effect for 1 more mana.
Shamanic Revelation - Baby regal force
Aside from your eldrazi, you dont have much creature removal. Green's weak point. As such, you should consider the following...
Song of the Dryads - enchant it on their commander and watch them cry
Lignify - Same with above but cheaper/budget. Easier to remove
Beast Within - Instant speed permanent removal
Vernal Bloom > heartbeat of spring. It costs 1 more, but since most of your lands are forests (even after adding in utility), it will help you more than them most of the time rather than all of the time.
It looks like you really hate the blue player. You could consider adding Dosan the Falling Leaf to replace or be redundant to hall of the gemstone.
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa - Works well with cradle, provides wincon and anti-boardwipe. HIGHLY recommended for your type of deck.
I would take out all 3 of your artifacts with an activated ability (everything except crucible and horn) and put in Null Rod. Since you're green, you will be ramping with lands and not artifacts like all 4 other colors do. If you remove your global mana doublers (aside from vernal bloom) and put in null rod, then you will be effectively winning the ramp race AND making it difficult for them to catch up. Don't forget blue decks use artifacts ;)
Blackblade Reforged - Azusa voltron! Fuels greater food effects.
Now for the ramp....
Boundless Realms - RAMP!!!
Courser of Kruphix - Ramp!
Lotus Cobra - Ramp
I know I offered a lot of suggestions so here are just a few ideas of what to cut, if you want more, lmk.
Norwood Priestess - You dont need to cheat things into play
Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma - It's ok, but you should ramp and provide evasion though less killable cards.
Elvish pipe - See norwood
Wirewood Channeler - How do you feel about him? I took him out of my elf deck because he felt slow. Maybe he works for you? I still feel his slot of ramp could be replace with non-creature based ramp since you already run so many elves at lower CMC that does similar effects like Priest of Titania of Evlish Archdruid. I feel it is TOO redundant to have him.
Garruk's Packleader - Cool but elemental bond or any other card draw is better
Grazing Gladehart - Just bad, if you need lifegain, see Miren, the Moaning Well which acts as a sac outlet to prevent your stuff from getting exiled/stolen, life and AND tutorable and doesnt take up a slot in your deck
While our decks differ, you can get some ideas by checking out my list Azusa, Lost but Woke
5 days ago
5 days ago
All I can see when I look at your name is Kakarot (Goku from DBZ). Anways, since you're running mono green, your mana base could use some utility in there. I understand you need green mana for your commander's ability but some utility is key.
Cavern of Souls - 30% of your deck is creatures and you run boseju but not this?
Hall of the Bandit Lord - Haste outlet that doesnt help your opponents or take a slot in the deck. Worth considering.
Miren, the Moaning Well - Used to prevent them from stealing your commander or exiling important creatures. Life gain is always nice too :)
Petrified Field - Getting back cradle or utility land
Yavimaya Hollow - Regen your commander? Yes please! Also a RL card so good investment.
Tempt with Discovery - Gets cradle untapped (very underated card). Add it.
Crop Rotation - Helps lower your curve, find's cradle, could replace concordant crossroad at the 1 CMC slot (if you choose to add in hall of the bandit lord). Slyvan scrying is your only way to find cradle which seems to be a focal point of your deck.
Elemental Bond - Could replace Garruk packleader. While it isn't a creature to fuel cradle, it is less prone to creature removal. Then again, you say your meta has a lot of artifact enchantment removal, so it depends. Also, it only interacts with 13 creatures. At that point, you might just want to add Greater Good. Nets card advantage, acts as a sac outlet. ADD IT
Dryad Arbor - Fuels cradle and interacts with Green Sun Zenith for X = 0.
Shamanic Revelation - If you aren't taking out pack leader for elemental bond, at least take it out for this. Synergy with your token generation from your commander and avenger.
Beastmaster Ascension - EH, maybe add it. Can make your dudes huge.
You can also take this deck to a more token based strategy which is based on finding cradle and fueling it through tokens. Should you choose to do so, I would add the following...
Wolfbriar Elemental - Wolves!!!
Ant Queen - Steady token generator
Realms Uncharted - Helps you find utility lands. If you choose to add fetchlands in the deck's future, then this choose then as well. Might also want to add a crucible to provide redundancy, but thats for later.
Rude Awakening - Add it, trust me. Super ritual with built in win con
Early Harvest - Weaker version of above
Magus of the Candelabra - To untap utility lands and cheap cradle fuel
Birthing Pod - While i've never completely understood the power of this card, but you'r creature curve looks really good and you might want to consider this as an additional creature tutor to ensure consistency.
Why no vernal bloom?
I honestly didn't even mean to comment this much but your deck seems really interesting. I look forward to reviewing your thought process on these potential additions. Cheers!
1 week ago
SynergyBuild You're telling me you need 2 creatures on the battlefield even before Razaketh, the Foulblooded is in play? That's a stretch on it's own but it's not the worst part, you can easily pull this off. The problem is, considering the plethora of target removal, the fact that Razaketh, the Foulblooded needs to be alive while both his sac ability are on the stack (whether they are distinct or simultaneously), and that he still needs to be alive after the infinite mana combo to sac all the token?
There's also the fact that you can easily exile his grave while Shallow Grave is on the stack, killing the deck which is empty of plan B.
You should also consider that each sac effect cost 2 life, and gives back only one with Slimefoot, the Stowaway in play (and a forced tutor but that's not a problem, unless your opponent has infinite life, which doesn't really happened a lot on turn 4). The only way to counter the life loss is to play Blood Artist, which make the life loss null. ALL THIS because you didn't play a secondary sac outlet like Ashnod's Altar to protect everything/finish the combo?
Do I need to say Razaketh, the Foulblooded can't sac itself for protection?
My point is, if at any time the opponent has a target removal the deck is easily slowed down, even killed in the case of an exiling one. A secondary sac outlet would give protection (for each creature he plays independently of the board state) and would also contribute to the combo, neglecting entirely the usefulness of one card in particular in the deck (giving a slot back). You can EASILY integrate Ashnod's Altar in it, the deck would be undeniably better, not by much, but better.
Putting all your deck around a single card that can't protect itself split-second fast is just way too risky. Playing Plan B is necessary in a graveyard combo deck. Crop Rotation into Bojuka Bog is a easy one green mana win condition if you ask me.