|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Common|
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
As an additional cost to play Crop Rotation, sacrifice a land.
Search your library for a land card and put that card onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||that_guy_43 , ZombieFood , KipIsKosher , sonnet666 , PhyrexianScience , TehDelta , frederiklw , ironax , fireborne1986 , richardmv , TheRealPeaches , bakeraj4 , abby315 , Axtel|
|Want (6)||fireborne1986 , brokendwarf , gosora , pismy , Turtlelover73 , twospires|
Crop Rotation Discussion
5 days ago
If you uploaded the decklist to your profile and linked here it would make it much easier to help.
That being said, your mana base is, for lack of a better word, terrifying.
Shock lands, check lands, show lands and fast lands are a fairly budget way to boost the speed of the early game.
The guildgates are some of the WORST fixing in commander. ETB tapped, and don't give even the minimal lifegain.
Also, without being able to view this in a decklist, I can only assume that your average CMC is ridiculously high.
6 days ago
Stalking Vengeance get extra leaves battlefield pain for your elementals
Mycoloth more leaves bf triggers, plus get tons of saprolings
Crop Rotation sac a basic get a fetch, or whatever you want.
1 week ago
Hey thanks for the comment acscreamholy! I am lucky enough to have both Ashnod's Altar and Phyrexian Altar, and believe me they're not going anywhere. Although typically I end up using Utopia Mycon as my sac engine (that and Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest are typically the combo I'll tutor up with Protean Hulk) having both altars is also very nice and gives me access to the Walking Ballista + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed combo.
I'll playtest Increasing Ambition and see how much I like it. As of right now I've taken out Crop Rotation for Enlightened Tutor and have been loving the change. I'm still looking to thin the deck down a little more, and I've been looking at cutting cards like:
Sorin Markov - the deck is made to go infinite, so there is really no point in setting an opponent's health down to 10
Sword of Feast and Famine - while it's untap and discard is super nice, pro blacke/green means Ghave can't target whoever it's equipped to (which is almost always himself)
Erebos, God of the Dead - I don't know how I feel about Erebos. I have never been super excited to see him in hand and have recently felt that instead of using the draw ability to dig into the deck, a single tutor would be better 99% of the time.
2 weeks ago
Current Deck Criticisms/Upgrades
- Tooth and Nail, Craterhoof Behemoth, and Blightsteel Colossus seem out of place. Tooth and Nail feels like there should be a combo win in here to fetch. I don't know how you play, but I always hold a few creatures in my hand. I try to stay around 2-4 threats on the field at once so I can recover from wrath effects. Craterhoof could be an Overrun essentially, but that's merely a preference I believe.
- Living Death feels too symmetrical. You don't want them to get their threats back. Sun Titan might do the same job albeit it more slowly.
- Reanimate feels like not enough punch for the deck for a one-and-done effect. Phyrexian Reclamation is a permanent source of card advantage.
- Triumph of the Hordes is another card that could be Overrun/Overwhelming Stampede for one more colorless mana. More bang for the buck than +1/+1.
- Seedborn Muse - You don't have a lot of tap effects or cards with flash. What is this card adding to the deck?
- Counterspell - Negate and Arcane Denial are easier to cast with your mana base even though the former is slightly limited. The latter provides replaces itself. Both also seem better than the conditionally useful Corrupted Resolve.
- Crop Rotation - Is this the Inkmoth Nexus-finder? If you need more infect creatures, I would just add more creatures instead of fetching up a land.
- Slip Through Space - Although not a cantrip, Artful Dodge does the same thing and you can use it twice via flashback.
New Card Suggestions
I would strongly recommend some mana ramp and mana fixing:
Increase Color Availability
- Golgari Signet
- Noble Hierarch - Fixes mana and pumps creatures -- win-win!
- Orzhov Signet
- Plague Myr - colorless mana in a pinch AND infect!
- Simic Signet
- Contagion Engine - You really want this card. It closes out games on its own.
- Spread the Sickness - Slow/late game (5 CMC) removal, but it proliferates.
- Fuel for the Cause - Slow/late game (4 CMC) counterspell, but it proliferates.
- Corpse Cur - Eternal Witness #2 (almost) and it has infect.
- Lux Cannon - Not the fastest around, but a steady source of removal.
- Spinebiter - Infect with built-in "evasion".
- Trigon of Infestation - With a proliferation source, you can keep using this to recover from board wipes or cost-effectively overwhelm opponents.
2 weeks ago
Depends on the format. Green has some excellent cards of a few descriptions. It wants a little for creature removal (even if it does have a little) but playing it gives you access to Regrowth, Eternal Witness, a lot of disenchant effects, Doubling Season, really solid ramp, and great finishers. Also a couple of tutors. And, though this might be just me, Overwhelming Stampede effects, which can kill multiple people with ease.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
so. aside from some upgrades like;
I'm looking at a few different options for my LD package;
I'd like to know what you think, perhaps you've some choice cards I've missed