|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins (EVG)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Common|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Common|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Uncommon|
|Starter 1999 (S99)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Scout
When Wood Elves enters the battlefield, search your library for a Forest card and put that card onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
|Have (2)||Mortiferus_Rosa , Brutus1|
|Want (9)||TheBl0b , SkylordAleksander , chives177 , Txport , RobelCL , Repier , Luxtra , Mnfrdtl24 , StevenTompary|
Wood Elves Discussion
1 day ago
Have you had trouble with your mana base only having six basic lands?
I noticed you were only running 6 and yet you've got Springbloom Druid , Myriad Landscape , Primal Growth , Farhaven Elf , Wood Elves , Terramorphic Expanse , Verdant Catacombs , and Evolving Wilds . I'd imagine running out of basic lands to search for could easily become common. Especially when cards like the Landscape, Druid and Growth all search for 2.
Personally I opted to cut most of the dual lands that entered the battlefield tapped from my own deck as I found it helped the deck be a bit faster and I never found that I was struggling to mana fix as it's only a two coloured deck and the deck naturally has several cards to search for lands as is so fixing always came easily.
5 days ago
I think that since you have access to green, land ramp like Rampant Growth and Wood Elves and Cultivate are better than mana rocks like Firemind Vessel and Manalith . That being said, I think Astral Cornucopia is fine because you can abuse the counters and Commander's Sphere and Chromatic Lantern are fine cause you need the fixing. You could also probably swap out Prophetic Prism for some land ramp.
6 days ago
1 week ago
It's looking good, I play Windgrace myself and you got most covered. I can confiurm that Realms Uncharted is the best thing ever. It basically say get the 4 lands you want the most and it doesnt really matter where the opponent places them.
My suggetions for you are to add Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip, maybe switch with Wood Elves as they do almost the same thing. Nissa often becomes a walker with some neat abilites and has a better statline to begin with.
Anyhow good luck with your Catman =)
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Hey VexenX, I love Burgeoning in the deck, it is almost if not the best turn 1 play we can have I would be very reluctant to cut it. If you're not seeing the value then of course do what works best with your play style.
In regards utility creatures there are a few I have tested, as mentioned
is a great Splendid reclaimation on stick, I rarely used it for the attack trigger and it normally got a bolt from
Omnath, Locus of Rage
or sacrificed to one of our many outlets, comboing this with
Titania, Protector of Argoth
Omnath, Locus of Rage
on the field is explosive. Other creatures I like but can't find space for are
, a creature + sac outlet and card draw on a body,
Green Sun's Zenith
Chord of Calling
this guy out when your sac outlets have been removed or countered to finish of a player second main phase, remember it is a may ability so can still keep enough tokens out for defense if needs be. The other option which is slightly less value but more reliable and cheaper CMC is
, this doesn't have the card draw but is an instant speed sac outlet. If I could find a space for one of them I'd include them but I haven't been able to justify the slot yet. There is also
, I used to run the latter and use it as a
I would typically do the same with
keeping an uncracked fetch in play so I can find the
when it's time to cast
or if you need a blocker at a push.
Some food for thought..
3 weeks ago
Hey, several good cards here especially in the manabase. Consider expanding on the value you can get from Muldrotha?
Budget cards to consider adding:
- Command Tower : one of the best lands for multicolored Commander decks.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best repeatable no mana cost sources of draw in multiplayer Commander. Don't pay the upkeep cost on your turn and play it from your graveyard with Muldrotha to potentially draw cards during each of your opponents turns. Play it early game and it can give you a big advantage.
- Animate Dead : powerful reanimation enchantment that can target any creature in any graveyard including your opponents.
- Pernicious Deed : versatile repeatable nonland permanent board wipe because you have some control over what's destroyed. Pay five mana to destroy nonland 5 CMC or less cards which doesn't destroy Muldrotha.
- Commander's Sphere : ramp, sac it to draw a card.
- Mind Stone : ramp, sac it to draw a card.
- Coiling Oracle : two drop, mana efficient creature to get value with Muldrotha.
- Buried Alive : tutor for three different creatures and put them into your graveyard to then play them from your graveyard with Muldrotha.
- Vessel of Nascency : repeatable way to search top of library for certain cards, the cards you don't choose go to the graveyard which fuels Muldrotha.
- Wood Elves or Farhaven Elf : ramp, Wood can search for a dual land: Overgrown or Breeding. Farhaven can search for a basic land and both of these puts the land you searched for onto the battlefield.
- Seal of Primordium
Cards to consider cutting:
- Ipnu Rivulet
- Leechridden Swamp
- Quest for the Gravelord
- Font of Fertility
- Seal of Removal
- Unhallowed Pact
- Burnished Hart
- Golgari Cluestone
- Slum Reaper
3 weeks ago
Reclamation Sage , Wood Elves , Springbloom Druid , God-Eternal Rhonas , Retreat to Hagra , Tatyova, Benthic Druid , Coiling Oracle , and Eternal Witness (It's Gavin BTW) Maybe Baleful Strix and Mulldrifter
Wood Elves occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.11%
GU (Simic): 0.54%
RG (Gruul): 1.27%
RUG (Temur): 2.05%
BRG (Jund): 0.97%