|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Shaman
When Elvish Visionary enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (36)||ibraJG84 , Lucretian , richardmv , MythicWinter111 , Mousemke , webdokkeren , ironax , TheRealPeaches , sirbar , , frederiklw , TheDuggernaught , TThors , bradyofportdetroit , Grantley91 , bakunet , Yawkcorb , killstars , Reliva , damo_rox , mordredaggrfall , Dsmonsta , rikertchu , nakni , ztanos , DFDGamer , RileySisay , XxCataclysmiCxX , ExaByteOctopus , itheoryz , Zelpoke , Swamy , ninjaclevs13 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , FuneralofGod , Myllyes314|
|Want (27)||Skwarka , ryaniskool , Hosween , Dave , kovellen , MADMatt7777 , Turtlelover73 , Obze , Chumbawompski , Blue_Otaku_No.1 , Vergil_Redgrail , Moonling , B1ad3 , Jonnybidon , Hakira , whidye , newoldmail , kvfd1719 , yerfdog1935 , Amagon , flipdipple , obitus , rudekaiser , Orphanbeater , AntiheroFOREVER , oswrick , mrfab13|
Elvish Visionary Discussion
1 week ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
2 weeks ago
Sensei's Divining Top was already in the deck. As for the cuts, I don't think that I can cut Elvish Visionary or Joraga Treespeaker. The deck needs a critical mass of elves for cards like Priest of Titania to be effective. Harmonize can probably be cut, and Seeds of Renewal has constantly impressed me. I really like having Regrowth type effects, so I might try Noxious Revival.
2 weeks ago
Cuts I would make are Elvish Visionary, Harmonize, Seeds of Renewal, 2 Forests. This will let you slot in more removal, another combo package, Noxious Revival, Sensei's Divining Top and possibly other things. You do not own all fast mana rocks or anything like that but your commander is pretty much all you will need for the most part. Joraga Treespeaker is also not very good.
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
Elvish Clancaller's search effect is a pretty significant mana investment, but that's usually not a problem for elves, and you always know what you get. Anthem effects are always good. Elvish Visionary is simple and more variable, but it's cheap card advantage. What does the rest of the deck look like? Could you please link it?
1 month ago
Considering cutting Ant Queen. It's good with Earthcraft, but Earthcraft's always insane in this deck, so that synergy is somewhat overkill/"winmore". Outside of Earthcraft, 2 mana/token body is just too low rate to be really playable. Considering adding Elvish Visionary in its place as a cheap body that replaces itself, but also willing to entertain other options.
1 month ago
I'm not saying you need to delve into lots of technical theory, my concern is that there is a certain vibe of "You can either win with a combo deck or... You know what, just play combo." Hell, your words are: "Well, though some decks (normally stax decks) can pull this off, I don't recommend it". I get that it's not as strong as combo when played as just pure aggro, but in the context of stax it can be incredibly effective.
Again, I get that beatdown isn't as represented in cEDH and that most beatdown decks will have a combo line out, however the fundamental design of the deck is not a combo deck. And yes, in the case of Edric you're chaining extra turn spells, but I still wouldn't call it combo. The problem with labelling everything which isn't "turn sideways, pass turn and hope you get to do it again" as combo both dilutes what actual combo is and can cause a lot of confusion. After all, Edric decks are usually digging for their Notorious Throng to close games out.
Storm however I would consider to be a combo deck. While it's not your classic "I generate infinite mana and then wreck you with Comet Storm" type deal, the look and feel of the deck is that of combo. You are daisy chaining plenty of spells which are generally netting you a lot of mana, only to power some sort of finisher.
But looking at macro, my issue is that your primer is glossing over the concept of aggro from a fundamentals point of view. I know it's under-represented because raw aggro is not as strong, but it's still a thing. Please don't get me wrong, I do think that for the most part what you're saying is fine and I think that there's some really good stuff in there. I just think it's worth talking about the combo/aggro/control triangle because it is the fundamentals of how MtG works.
As a side note with Eidolon of Blossoms, I run it alongside Elvish Visionary. Eidolon can fulfil the same kind of roles, however it also generates extra value with any other enchantment in the deck, but especially Gift of Immortality. And with Lead the Stampede vs Harmonize, it depends on what you're digging for. If it's a creature, sure. But of you're looking for an enchantment or artifact (Like Blasting Station, the staple win condition for a Saffi Eriksdotter deck), Harmonize is the better choice. Don't get me wrong, I don't personally run either however it's not a bad include, depending on build style.