|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Song of the Dryads
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted permanent is a colorless Forest land.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||ironax , slemulv , Forkbeard , DudeMan1031 , , Roadhog , Sergal , thetechzombie , RubyStrings , CastleSiege , vishnarg , Reliva , duff87 , Shiromakuro , mziter501 , RileySisay , Cazaz0816 , hippienproud , bpiser95 , itheoryz , Kleptozaniac|
|Want (47)||aisthetikos , ThePander , BrenoSulz , Herbysmoke , TrackerD , darleen , Markwiz , Esquire_ , RedJokr , swarlelion , kovellen , Arkinsoul , Synchlor , Exiled_soul , BringerOfStorms , Devlin , Voxzorz , Juggernate , roastchicken , Arcaedic , snoopywashere , Thotny , ryuzaki32667 , etrus , marsp44 , adb_slayer , SirFowler , mcchubby , NobleSlay3r , jimbolaya , Vamlingen , Forward_to_Dawn , Loading_Error , Kupinoodle , obitus , sonnet666 , kowagaru , chucklebot , Orphanbeater , EggsTerminate , linejumpr , LotusPhi , Unlife , MrPipedream , jvbastel , Mahtimatonen , Commanderman|
Song of the Dryads Discussion
1 week ago
1 week ago
Updated to use more casual planeswalkers while adding some fun recursion and combos.
1 week ago
Currently all your cards are in the Maybeboard, rather than the main deck--it would be helpful if you could move the cards to the decklist and mark Selvala, Heart of the Wilds as your commander. While you are not done with the deck yet, I've found this to be pretty helpful in the deckbuilding process, as it lets you use this site's tools to keep track of your mana curve.
Some cards you might want to consider:
Worldly Tutor is a solid card, helping you find the creatures you need.
Sylvan Library is strong top deck manipulation, with the ability to draw extra cards.
Rishkar's Expertise draws you a bunch of cards, and gives you a free cast.
Defense of the Heart can cheat out some of your larger creatures pretty quickly.
Song of the Dryads is a powerful removal spell in commander--because it does not cause a zone change, you can hit an enemy commander with it, removing it from action until the aura is dealt with.
1 week ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
1 week ago
Nice deck but I do have a few suggestions. First, Mirror-Mad Phantasm which is admittedly some extreme mill but allows you to run a few win-cons like Living Death. I'd also consider Crystal Vein, it can ramp you 4 mana in one turn (more if you run guys like Azusa, Lost but Seeking/Oracle of Mul Daya which are worth it here). Cephalid Coliseum is another land worth considering. Animate Dead needs a spot (better than Necromancy but I'd run both). I'm also very fond of Song of the Dryads for removal here (being able to recur these at will can be back breaking to any deck relying on its commander like Purphoros, Animar, etc.).
Anyways, here's a link to my list. Feedback and/or upvotes on any of my lists is appreciated. Muldrotha's Madhouse - No Infinite
1 week ago
Sylvan Library is a pretty solid card, helping smooth your curve with the option for additional cards if needed.
You mentioned one of your issues is how to win--Champion of Lambholt can help with that some--you make it bigger with your commander's ability, making your other creatures harder to block.
Hardened Scales, Doubling Season, and Pir, Imaginative Rascal all go well with your commander, but not sure you have enough other +1/+1 counter enablers to make them worth it. Doubling Season, of course, can be run with some planeswalkers for instant ultimates.
I would cut some of your destruction spells and perhaps replace them with Song of the Dryads, Imprisoned in the Moon, and Deep Freeze. Each can remove a commander without a zone change, so they are stuck on the field crippled. Song of the Dryads has the added advantage of removing any permanent.
Since you have pretty decent ramp and a low curve, Genesis Wave is a solid option, dumping creatures and adding some lands.
4 weeks ago
Well I love the card Aura Shards but atm you don't have the creatures to make it viable. If you wan it to be viable then you could add planeswalkers that create tokens such as Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury, Elspeth, Sun's Champion, or Elspeth, Knight-Errant (the second one would be a great include to give all your enchantments indestructible!). I would consider removing Propaganda and Ghostly Prison for Dueling Grounds and Silent Arbiter. Personally I feel you only need to run either Exploration or Burgeoning, really depends on the number of opponents you have but this may be just a personal choice so you could remove one of those for something. With Estrid I can see why cards like Dawn's Reflection, Market Festival, Fertile Ground, Overgrowth, Song of the Dryads, Urban Burgeoning, and Verdant Haven would be appealing but I still feel like they aren't the greatest of options. I would consider swapping them out for some better options like Mirari's Wake, Rhystic Study, and Sylvan Library. I ran Oath of Jace for a while in my planeswalker build but unless you can really recur its etb effect the scrying wasn't as helpful as I though it would be. Instead some walkers like Venser, the Sojourner, Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, and Tamiyo, the Moon Sage are great walkers with great ultimates that can completely ruin opponents. Also maybe consider Dovin Bann. Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip, Nissa, Vital Force, Garruk Wildspeaker (if you decide to keep the enchantments which give extra mana this guy would work well)
Stasis, Stasis Orb, Winter Orb, Eidolon of Rhetoric, Exploration/Burgeoning, Dawn's Reflection , Market Festival, Fertile Ground, Overgrowth, Song of the Dryads, Urban Burgeoning, Verdant Haven * ( at least 2 or three of these), Authority of the Consuls, Clever Impersonator, Ghostly Prison, Propaganda, Oath of Jace, Herald of the Pantheon, Heroic Intervention, Monastery Siege, Seal of Cleansing
Add: Cyclonic Rift, Sylvan Library, Mirari's Wake, Rhystic Study, Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury, Elspeth, Sun's Champion, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Venser, the Sojourner, Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, Tamiyo, the Moon Sage, Peacekeeper, Silent Arbiter, Dovin Bann, Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip, Nissa, Vital Force, Garruk Wildspeaker, Dueling Grounds, Austere Command, Teferi's Protection, River's Rebuke, Inexorable Tide
These are some suggestions I would give for add ins and remove some might think differently from me on this so it would be nice to see others opinions :) If you want other suggestions I would be happy to give them to you!
4 weeks ago
Hi! I like some of the changes you've made (most of them, actually) but I also think that Merciless Eviction is probably a better card than Urza's Ruinous Blast. It's still more versatile, and it answer's more problems. This might be a bit niche (or a lot) but sometimes I've encountered a Voltron deck with Darksteel Plate and Lightning Greaves, and the Merciless Eviction dealt with that. Despite not having it at the moment, the deck also had Leonin Abunas, in which case, artifact removal doesn't work either. I admit that the scenario I'm picturing is one in a thousand, but it happens sometimes. That being said, I wouldn't swap one for the other, I would include both :)