|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Song of the Dryads
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted permanent is a colorless Forest land.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Song of the Dryads Discussion
1 week ago
Aura Thief is more of a Sidboardcard?
1 week ago
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not completely sold on Bear Umbra , but I see its merits for the deck. I'm a bit worried that it would end up not working when I need it to. I want all my acceleration slots to be able to power out Muldrotha early, but it's more of a way to let you capitalize off of having her in play. I definitely like being able to protect an important card while generating mana, but it might not be for this deck.
I agree with you on Song of the Dryads and Imprisoned in the Moon . They're some of the best answers to pretty much anything, and if removed can be replayed from our graveyard over and over again. I'll definitely be looking for slots for them in the near future.
I agree that Mikaeus, the Unhallowed can do incredibly nutty things in the deck, abusing creatures with etb effects while simultaneously protecting your board. Unfortunately, he's a bit out of my budget atm, but if I ever manage to get my hands on one he'll find his way into the deck, probably replacing one of the weaker reanimation targets.
1 week ago
Muldrotha is mana hungry, consider Bear Umbra for double your mana + totem armor.
This one is kinda meta dependent but if your meta plays a lot of decks that rely heavily on their commander you should get Imprisoned in the Moon and Song of the Dryads in the deck. Really efficient, really versatile, and against the right target... really oppressive.
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed is also really good here and gives access to a load of combos (some already in the deck like infinite mill with Glen Elendra and Altar of Dementia).
Very similar build to mine, a bit powered down, but definitely more budget friendly. Feel free to check out my list for ideas. Feedback, Upvotes, and/or Ideas on any of my decklists is appreciated. Muldrotha's Madhouse - No Infinite
1 week ago
Bear Umbra is very good here. Muldrotha is mana hungry, that land untap is huge. Totem Armor is nothing to scoff at either.
Song of the Dryads deserves a spot also, it's an even more versatile Imprisoned in the Moon (run both).
Aura Thief can be brutal in the right meta.
Feel free to check out my list for ideas. Feedback, Upvotes, and/or I on any of my decklists is appreciated. Muldrotha's Madhouse - No Infinite
1 week ago
I don't know how competitive your play environment is but in my experience just about any deck can get out of hand if left alone to goldfish and its probably not the best idea to count on someone else at the table to act as a check on someone running out of control. I'd try to find space for at least 2 more pieces of targeted control and one or 2 more boardwipes. I mentioned Swords to Plowshares before but some other stuff that you can choose from in G/W:
And usually no matter how much removal I play [my Zurgo deck has 8 boardwipes and 6-7 single target creature removal spells] I sometimes can still find myself looking for more.
3 weeks ago
This commander is very mana hungry. I've had great results out of Bear Umbra. Defense of the Heart is an excellent finisher here. Song of the Dryads and Imprisoned in the Moon are rather oppressive especially if your meta is guilty of having decks that are reliant on their commanders. Pernicious Deed is another bit of removal that works great here.
Feel free to check out my list for ideas. Feedback, Upvotes, and/or Ideas on any of my decklists is appreciated. Muldrotha's Madhouse - No Infinite
3 weeks ago
@Osbert Thank You very much for Your deep study on my deck. Here are my anwsers:
- I've been using Crystal Shard, Erratic Portal some time ago and I wasn't happy with that. Just imagine that You cascade in one of these instead of some big nasty creature - impact on the board is too small. I don't need cut cost of casting Commander thanks to many ramp cards, also if Maelstrom Wanderer is still on the board then it's time to cast creatures from hand, they will have haste so impact is good enough (in other circumstances creature cards left at hand would be dead cards because most of time You cast Commander only).
- About making top deck stronger there are two things that prevent me from putting cards You listed (well, there is third reason - I don't have most of these:) ). First is that I really like randomness of cascades (it's still limited by card selection). Second is just the same like with bouncing cards - cascading into them will make one cast of commander weaker. Still there is Sensei's Divining Top for top decking, which is also a lifesaver when You need next land drop and I won't cut it out.
- I run Lurking Predators only - because that card doesn't need mana to activate (most of times Commander eat almost all of mana) and it's working just fine without any help. Sometimes it's better to leave land on top deck (if more mana is needed for next cast from command zone), sometimes You are already overextended and expect wrath effect spell from others.
- Well Oath of Druids is tempting because it could make early game more than just ramping. Still these creatures won't have haste (and my ETB effects won't change much) and opponents can also use Oath's effect to put creatures from their decks making more blockers, ramp or even combo. I need to see that card in action because now I can't predict if it will make advantage or disadvantage.
- There isn't too much standard spot removal besides of Beast Within (already is in deck) and Pongify which is very cheap (only one blue mana). Also there are some kind of removals: Inferno Titan, Phyrexian Ingester, Terastodon, Tyrant's Familiar, Primal Command, Warstorm Surge (plus creatures entering board). If that's not enough AOE cards will try to compensate. I will keep in mind Krosan Grip and Reality Shift (didn't know second card, it's really nice when facing indestructible creatures)). But Wave of Vitriol can hit me also and probably will wait long on hand. Song of the Dryads still can be removed and threat would return.
- From these Mystic Confluence and Cryptic Command most valuable are abilities that make Commander and creatures more evasive (this deck doesn't need more card draw) and of course occasional counterspelling. But, so far, evasion from creatures, lands and some spot or AOE removals were just enough to deal damage (especially overloaded Cyclonic Rift).
- Already got Mystical Tutor in this deck. And yes - it's great. It can go for Tooth and Nail or Cyclonic Rift, even when facing mana screw I sometimes use it for ramp spell. Worldly Tutor could make more control over deck (or top decking) but still I prefer to cast Commander than casting single creature and like that randomness.
- About strange cards in my deck: Burnished Hart well I could change it for something better - can You give me some ideas (especially cards that put 2 lands)? Ixidron - You don't have to cast card that fit cascade requirements (they can go to the bottom of library) so it won't hurt controlled creatures, also Commander comes into play AFTER cascades resolve (he is on the stack until then) so it will never hurt him. This card can hit very hard other commanders as they won't go to command zone. It's weakness is that it won't affect tokens but I take that risk. Curse of the Swine has exile effect (which is quite rare in RUG) and it can be single or multi target I keep it for that versality (even if it does not have synergy with Commander). Knowledge Exploitation is for 7 mana so it can be cascaded for free, also I have enough mana to cast it from hand. Best case scenario is when it hits with first cascade, then You can go for some funny card from opponent deck (some kind of wrath effect) and then cast creature from second cascade - it will result in clear board and then Maelstrom Wanderer and that other creature will come.
3 weeks ago
Really sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention a few things.... Where is your spot removal because one Ethersworn Canonist or Curse of Exhaustion makes you a very sad person. I'd run Beast Within, Song of the Dryads, Krosan Grip, Reality Shift, and maybe even Wave of Vitriol.
Cards I'm confused why you are playing: Burnished Hart (Terrible ramp when compared to green ramp), Ixidron (Humilities your big value cards), Curse of the Swine (Non-bo with cascade), and Knowledge Exploitation (No Rogues in deck).