|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Grenzo, Havoc Raiser
Legendary Creature — Goblin Rogue
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, choose one —
• Goad target creature that player controls.
• Exile the top card of that player's library. Until the end of turn, you may cast that card and you may spend mana as though it were many of any color to cast it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||Njc12345 , brokendwarf , Va1mar , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , LTmiller , sonnet666 , Venser_the_Sojoner , Esquire_ , bakeraj4 , golgarigirl , mziter501 , ZombieFood , Ellyreia , Nemesis , Dr_Doomtrain , Famicomania|
|Want (4)||vashaclarens , Cunningcrow , georgehades , Snydog17|
Grenzo, Havoc Raiser Discussion
2 days ago
Warrior Creatures to Consider:
Devoted Crop-Mate like a weird Alesha
Hidden Dragonslayer decent removal
Ironclad Slayer if you are playing a lot of equipments
Malakir Cullblade gets bigger
Champion of the Flame if you go super heavy on the equipment
Garna, the Bloodflame save the creatures from a boardwipe? Not sure how it will do in action
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs pillowfort and some bodies
Taurean Mauler -technically a warrior
Burnished Hart ramp and can be brought back by Alesha
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight -got reprinted in Master 25 so its cheaper and will get reprinted again in Commander anthology II but that one will be foil so not sure if that will affect price
Grenzo, Havoc Raiser goad is amazing and his second ability is nice if you have mana to spend
Equipment to Consider:
Sunforger one of the best equipments in these colors, fetch your removal
Kusari-Gama mini boardwipe if they block
Artifacts to Consider:
- Gilded Lotus just got reprinted so its cheaper now
- Fellwar Stone our play group usually has your colors
- Oketra's Monument cast a warrior, get a warrior
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh
- Mardu Ascendancy
- Dictate of the Twin Gods you have both gods in deck, so why not?
- Berserkers' Onslaught
- Gift of Immortality
- Behind the Scenes since some of your creatures have low-ish power, although might such with all the anthem effects you have
- Pain Magnification just a fun card
- Kindred Boon
- Chandra's Ignition -really great boardwipe for this deck, if zurgo has lifelink you will get that life and also anything that dies will give him counters. You could have zurgo, cast this, and then more than likely one shot a player
- Read the Bones
- Open the Armory
- Disrupt Decorum tapped out won't link this for some reason
Instants: (sticking with four or less Cmc for sunforger shenanigans)
- Rogue's Passage
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
- Unclaimed Territory
- Path of Ancestry kinda pricey now tho
Mardu is great for control, so its best to have plenty of removal spells. I would not have Spinerock Knoll since it might be too slow. Windbrisk Heights might be better than Spinerock tho. Like what if you need to play that spell but can't get 7 damage off. Also, Graveblade Marauder seems too situational to leave an impact. When you start adding/removal stuff to the deck, make sure to keep it low cmc as you can since you don't have much in terms of ramp in these colors; be sure to keep as mana rocks as you can for the same reason.
3 days ago
Nice! I play pretty casually and play almost exclusively Boros colors, so here's my take:
- 1) 3.5. Skullclamp is really good in just about any token, sac or equipment deck.
- 2) 4. The only thing holding this back is the price.
- 3) 3. Not bad. The fact that you have to pay every time is annoying. Not quite as good as number 1.
- 4) 2.5. Not a huge fan. This basically eats up half your mana base and makes you the target of Strip Mines.
- 5) 2.5. Mask of Memory is pretty decent. Middle of the road.
- 6) 3. Solid. I like it.
- 7) 3. Good plan, Lifegain to mitigate paying life. Best with Necropotence.
- 8) 2. Still helps opponents, and normally discard outlets are useless without the deck being built around them.
- 9) 2. Tower of Fortunes is not really good if you don't have insane ramp. Better options out there.
- 10) 3.5. Nice!
- 11) 1. Just play Phyrexian Arena. Use Strionic Resonator for bigger trigger effects.
- 12) 2. Well of Lost Dreams is actually pretty good, but there are better lifegain effects than Peace of Mind. I like Inventors' Fair.
- 13) 2.5. You have to be pretty desperate to use this but it seems like it'd be okay sometimes.
- 14) 3.5. Tribal is always powerful.
- 15) 2.5. It's okay, kinda easy to interupt.
- 16) 3.5. I love Infiltration Lens!
- 17) 1. Little too janky and helps opponents.
- 18) 4. Because Slate of Ancestry is so good.
- 19) 1. I feel like there are better ways to repeat wheels. This one costs too much.
- 20) 5. My all time personal favorite. Humble Defector is good alone and my top two-drop in all my Boros/red decks.
So again, from a strictly Boros perspective, those are my thoughts. I'm sure you can see the biases and the ones I've actually tested haha!
Others to consider:
- Prophetic Flamespeaker + Sword of Fire and Ice
- Knollspine Dragon + Damage
- Commune with Lava + Neheb, the Eternal//other ramp
- Loreseeker's Stone + lots of mana
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser + lots of tokens
- Book of Rass + Lifegain if you're not in black/no necropotence
- Commander's Sphere + Sun Titan
- The Immortal Sun... alone
- Azor's Gateway Flip + Untap effects//filter effects
Hope some of this helps. This will be a good resource!
1 week ago
Grenzo, Havoc Raiser might fit in and gives you card advantage.
1 week ago
I actually don't run Purphoros, God of the Forge because I'm trying to keep the deck somewhat budget. I did run a purphoros deck before I ran krenko, but both were so strong that they were, honestly, little fun to play in a format that highly values casual play. Also, both Krenko and Purphoros feel a little bit played out -- like Neheb is becoming.
2 weeks ago
You need to streamline your game plan. Put in ten manarocks with cmc 2 or less.
You have a lot of equipment and random artifacts that don't really work with your gameplan. I honestly feel that you can cut everything to make space for the mana rocks.
You may want to make your creature suite more lean. Keep the 5 cost dragons, maybe add Glorybringer, Scourge of Valkas, Mirrorwing Dragon. I would cut all other 6cmc or higher dragons except the ones that give useful abilities. Keep Utvara hellkite, Balefire dragon, Scourge of the Throne, Hellkite tyrant, Dragonlord Kolaghan, Flameblast. You should have no other creatures above cmc 6. These dragons will be your prime targets for reanimation via your commander.
Add in aggressive creatures such as Harsh Mentor, Rampaging Ferocidon, Urabrask the Hidden, Grenzo, Havoc Raiser, Felhide Spiritbinder, Tree of Perdition, Fanatic of Mogis etc. These will fill out your early aggression. Make these the bulk of your force.
2 weeks ago
Grenzo, Havoc Raiser would be really fun in here. Hit the. With their own creature and play their cards!
2 weeks ago
Alright, I've starting working on a Grenzo, Havoc Raiser deck. I think I'm going to focus on mana-ramp and giving the goblins some attack attributes (haste, menace, etc.) to get the most out Grenzo's triggers. I think I'll mostly be focusing on "milling" my opponent (since goad will not be as valuable in 1v1) and trying to cast their stuff to make the game more interesting. Thanks for the suggestions all!