Untap all creatures. Until end of turn, whenever a creature an opponent controls blocks, draw a card.
Draw a card
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Benefactor's Draught Discussion
1 week ago
cards to consider:
1 month ago
also you can't have Alchemist's Refuge in yer deck. also Benefactor's Draught! for both card draw and untapping. I'm also a little worried about you having cards in hand so i'm looking at some card draw stuff. Momentous Fall Lifecrafter's Bestiary Skullclamp
2 months ago
In my experience playing Seshiro going wider always pays off and some of the old kamigawas are just outclassed by producing more tokens. A Cobra Trap for example is a gamechanger when played for its trap cost, but even an endstep 6 mana is worth the four bodies. Mainphase Seshiro, swing for 12 damage + 4 cards on an unprepared table.
Sakura-Tribe Scout has always been an underperformer. Doesn't actually do anything on its own without any lands in hand is a waste of a slot, since your sneks are also a very snowbally tribe and seshiro so expensive the earliest ramp is also the better ramp. I like Search for Tomorrow, Harrow, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Rampant Growth, and Edge of Autumn.
Since the number of cards you'll have is so inconsistent you may end up producing either too much or too little mana at times, I find Omnath, Locus of Mana a good sink that prepares me to cast the next hand and Skullclamp can be vital when losing in a big way and Seshiro becomes out of the question.
You should swap Hurricane for Arashi, the Sky Asunder who I say is a strictly better card. Nearly immune to counterspells, easily recurable, flexible, tutorable (even Time of Need), and most importantly instant speed is all worth that 1 extra green. He can even be used to oppress flying commanders or ping down steady sources when hardcast/cheated.
I haven't tested Benefactor's Draught yet but it should theoretically create scenarios where opponents will be stuck in lose-lose scenario, or even double lose with a trample source. Speaking of which having a Thunderfoot Baloth gives you the perfect combo of +4,+4, draw a card, trample to your side, which is much less situational than Bellowing Tangleworm
2 months ago
2 months ago
A few initial thoughts:
- I'm a bit unclear on why you're running Darkheart Sliver--is there a synergy there that I'm not seeing?
- Why omit Mox Diamond and Grim Monolith? Running the mana-positive rocks seems like it furthers your game plan in a pretty real way.
- In much the same way that Vampiric Tutor is good, Imperial Seal is good. I'm not sure you need Grim Tutor, but it's certainly worth considering.
- I'm very leery of Veteran Explorer; I know it easily gets you two more lands during your combo turn, but it also gives two lands to everyone else, and that's a dicey trade-off if you plan on pushing through disruption. What does including it do for you?
- SquirrelCraft seems a bit cute, especially since you're light on free sac outlets. Seeing as you're already running infinite mill as a meaningful line, Altar of Dementia doesn't seem an unreasonable option to consider if you're keen to win by squirrels for days, but I feel there are stronger options--Exsanguinate comes to mind.
- Elvish Spirit Guide seems largely inferior to Lotus Petal in this context; it's a 3-drop (Ad Nauseam/Dark Confidant) that only ever gives you one of your two colors.
- What are your main targets for Reanimate and Unearth? Is there any merit in Entomb, or are those purely ways to recur combo pieces?
- Dryad Arbor over a basic Forest could be very strong; you can grab it off fetchlands, and it makes T1 GSZ a ramp spell.
- On the topic of fetchlands, your colors give you access to seven* of them, and you should almost certainly run them all.
- If you haven't already, consider Toxic Deluge as an additional board wipe--it may never make it in, but it's an extremely cheap and potent card
- Depending on how full your graveyard gets when you're starting to go off, Cabal Ritual feels like it would be naturally at home alongside Dark Ritual and Culling the Weak
- Bloom Tender in a two-color deck feels dubious, but I'm not quite prepared to say it's necessarily wrong, either.
- Given your reliance on mana dorks, Benefactor's Draught functions as a ritual that cantrips; if you choose to pair it with Isochron Scepter, it also draws you your deck while giving you an outrageous amount of mana.
I hope some of this helps! I like the direction you seem to be taking this.
2 months ago
Oh woops, forgot the 5th cut for the 5th addition. That would be Genesis.
Also, just thought about Benefactor's Draught. I'd cut Vizier of the Menagerie for it (I didn't even realize that card was in the list, to be honest; that would be one of the earlier cards I'd cut).
Here's my version of the list here, using the changes I just specified and a few more: deck:samut-blood-pod.