Whenever an opponent plays a land, you may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , , perrin515 , awalloftext , Nemesis , tragic_slip , mentor6|
|Want (5)||BlueMageBrandon , oryandaw , pskinn01 , Psycheretic , TheRealPeaches|
1 day ago
1 week ago
Exploration, Burgeoning, Birds of Paradise, and Noble Hierarch are all great cards that I run to get the deck off to a faster start. I'd also consider the good 3 mana walkers for Atraxa, especially Nissa, Voice of Zendikar and Liliana of the Veil if you can get one, dropping one of these on turn 2 and Atraxa on turn 3 is the dream.- Skullclamp can be great in Atraxa as well as a draw engine or combo card if you want to be degenerate. - Chasm Skulker has been great for me in being a sticky creature that is fairly resilient.- Mikaeus, the Lunarch is probably one of the best creatures for beefing up the board.- Parallax Wave is pretty solid removal.- Notorious Throng can be worth running if your deck is more aggressive creature wise.- Winding Constrictor can synergize pretty well with a lot of cards and is really cheap.- Hatred can be ran as an alternate win-con with Atraxa, her flying lets her get past blockers fairly often, and if you have a Conqueror's Flail already equipped then this lets you beat people to death pretty fast.- Sram's Expertise can be a good way of putting out creatures to build up with counters, without losing tempo.- Pursuit of Knowledge is value town draw spell if you can proliferate on it.- Avenger of Zendikar is a great finisher as well.- Hooded Hydra is another counter synergistic card.- Mirror Entity lets your creatures swing in for wins if you have a decent amount of mana and 5+ creatures.- Inexorable Tide is one of the best sources of proliferation.
Hope this is helpful!
1 week ago
I don't know your budget, but I'll try to make suggestions regardless...
- Forest -> Dryad Arbor. This is always a good idea when you are running Gaea's Cradle.
- More fetch lands! The Khans fetches are not that expensive comparatively to some of the stuff you already have in this deck and the zendikar one's are getting reprinted in MM2. I highly suggest you pick some up.
- Eight-and-a-Half-Tails -> Phyrexian Revoker. Better and more targeted protection. It is not tutorable, but Eight-and-a-Half-Tails doesn't do much to begin with.
- Glissa Sunseeker/Darien, King of Kjeldor/Sigarda, Heron's Grace/Melira, Sylvok Outcast/Myojin of Life's Web -> Arbor Elf/Fyndhorn Elves/Llanowar Elves/Priest of Titania/Birds of Paradise. The aforementioned are just underwhelming as legends, you would just be better off with non-legendary mana accelerators in these spots to ramp you into an early Sisay or a meaningful legend.
- Dragonlord Dromoka -> Dosan the Falling Leaf. Strictly better version of Dromoka due to the significantly lower CMC.
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant -> Hope of Ghirapur. Your creatures are mostly giant, so what does this card really do for you? To further the point, one of the first creatures you should be tutoring for is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite anyways! A lockdown effect is going to do you better in this slot.
- Ghostly Prison -> Sanctum Prelate. Ghostly Prison is mostly a control card for strategies with lower creature counts....you have 38 creatures. Again a card that hinders your opponents is going to be better here.
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper -> Ancient Tomb. Less restrictive card that serves the same purpose.
- Explore -> Scavenging Ooze. You should not need as much ramp especially with all of the mana elves I suggested previously. Plus mana elves will be much more consistent than the top of your library, so why not another hoser for your opponents? =]
- Burgeoning -> Eldritch Evolution. You should not need both Burgeoning and Explore and IMO Explore is the better card. Eldritch Evolution is a fantastic tutor that will allow you to get your higher end cards into play quicker.
- Privileged Position -> Green Sun's Zenith. Again you should not need both Asceticism and position. Asceticism is the better card IMO. Adding GSZ adds more consistency to the deck as all tutors do.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking -> Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. With 35 lands you are almost never going to be able to consistently use Azusa's ability to it's full effect, so why not add one of the best win con's in the game instead - Eldrazi.
- Selvala's Stampede -> Sylvan Library. You should always have either library or top in your EDH deck unless you have some effect that lets you consistently draw an absurd amount of cards. Selvala's stampede effect seems pretty "meh" for it's CMC.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald -> Grasp of Fate. I do not think Yeva's effect is potent enough to warrant being in this list. One of the best utility cards in the format will do nicely in this spot.
Cards that may be out of your budget...
Idk how competitive your meta is but you could include these combo's...
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Living Plane
- Paradox Engine + Concordant Crossroads/Thousand-Year Elixir + Aetherflux Reservoir + mana creature + Cloudstone Curio
Hope this helps!
1 week ago
Finally played this tonight, LOVED it. I eliminated one opponent with a single attack with many landfall triggers and Baloth Woodcrasher. Boundless Realms got me 8 extra land drops on turn 5 and I trampled the hell out of him.
In the end I went back and forth way too many turns against a colorless Eldrazi deck and held my own even through an All Is Dust which was pretty pivotal for them. I lost the ability to cast multiple lands and couldn't see the top card anymore. I had a few misplays that might have changed things, but overall I did most of the things I wanted. I was sorely disappointed that I didn't get Crucible of Worlds which would have also made a huge difference, but I got a real feel for how things work in a real match and it was wonderful.
I started so strong with 4 lands and Burgeoning in my opening hand so I went into turn 2 with 4 mana since I went first. Disgusting. Can't wait to get even more games in, we ended up only playing one incredibly long game that ended sort of dumb with an Inkmoth Nexus wearing an Argentum Armor and Loxodon Warhammer for exactly 10 Infect damage... cheap way to lose, but I didn't have a flyer...
1 week ago
waffledevouror, I know they aren't legal in modern, Burgeoning isn't legal either. I want to try to make this deck modern legal and competitive if I can, but if I can't get this deck to where I want it to be in the modern format I'm just gonna make it a casual deck which is why I have them in the maybeboard. I would also run Crop Rotation if it comes to that as well. I tagged it under modern because that is the desired format, sorry for the confusion.
1 week ago
waffledevouror thank you for the suggestions.
I have added those three cards to the Maybeboard for now. I am leaning the most towards modern at the moment, but if I scrap that idea I will definitely be adding a mix of Exploration, Burgeoning, and Summer Bloom. Of the three, Exploration is by far my favorite so I wouldn't mind dropping the cash for a playset.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
According to your actual decklist i've made these changes: