|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
Legendary Creature — Eldrazi
When you cast Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, exile two target permanents.
Whenever Ulamog, attacks, defending player exiles the top twenty cards of his or her library.
|Have (3)||, robbnoble , jecder|
|Want (11)||paragon22 , applesauceftwb , DraconicFlame , ausername , CampbellStev , chubbyninja1 , Blue_Flame , KillDatBUG , Tugboat , Carn13 , BWoltz94|
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger Discussion
1 week ago
Gain control of target creature, planeswalker, or vehicle. Untap it, it gains haste until end of turn.
At the beginning of your end step, you may pay X life where X is that permanents converted mana cost. If you do, you maintain control of the permanent until the beginning your next end step. Repeat this process as many times as you like.
"You're coming with me. How, is entirely up to you." - Angrath
You can opt to maintain control as often as you'd like, at the cost of your own life total. Perhaps they have out Liliana of the Veil , Tarmogoyf , or something powerful and low cost? Perhaps they have something insanely well worth it, like a 2-turn away Ugin, the Spirit Dragon , or you want to snuff out their Ruhan of the Fomori deck? Maybe everyone else is low on life so you can spare a second turn with Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger ?
So much possibility.
2 weeks ago
abby315, sorry about your beloved cat. I am interested in the following.
Liliana of the Veil - $68
Do you have venmo or paypal?
3 weeks ago
The Cards (obo)
Sword of Light and Shadow
INVENTION FOIL, NM - $80
Liliana of the Veil (EMA), NM - $68
Chrome Mox EMA LP - $33
Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger - $30
Jace, Unraveler of Secrets SDCC ZOMBIE FOIL, NM - $18
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar SDCC ZOMBIE FOIL, NM - $20
Dryad Arbor FROM THE VAULT REALMS FOIL, NM - $21
Dack Fayden (EMA) - $13
Dragonlord Dromoka - $11
Glacial Chasm FTV REALMS FOIL, NM - $8
This is Sassy. She's extremely sick right now, with what vets think is Toxoplasmosis - but they need to do an MRI and bloodwork to be sure, and she also needs hospitalization because she isn't eating. :(
I need help paying these vet bills, so the above cards and everything in my binder are for sale! Make me an offer on things in my binder, and please comment if you message me because I don't always get notifications. Thanks!
I'll ship under $15 in a PWE unless otherwise specified. For >$15 or if you want tracking, please add $3 to your total. Payment through Paypal upfront - I have a long history of successful trades on here.
Edit: I can also take a few commissions for alters. I can do simple replacement art (adding details) and border extensions with high-quality acrylics. Example, example. Have some more recent stuff somewhere, too. Email me to chat about prices & details!
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Mill CAN be an effective strategy in commander if you just play smart and know who to gun for first.
4 weeks ago
- Ramp is always good, unless of course you don't have anything big to ramp into.
- Fauna Shaman is a great filter card
- Cragganwick Cremator is slow, there are a lot of decks that win by turn 4, you would cast him turn 3. And hope they dont have removal and deal not leathal damage so It might not be great.
- Magus of the Moon isnt modern viable, he is to easy to remove you want blood moon. Every deck has creature removal not every deck has enchantment removal.
- Scavenging Ooze is a side board card in my option, unless you need it for your combo.
- Impervious Greatwurm great in token decks,with lots of ramp, but dies to easily in modern. you play that I play Path to Exile , is not good in modern if you want a 10 drop that does work you want elzardi like Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger .
- Steel Leaf Champion is a great mana efficient card that runs well in mono green stomp. I dont really see him else where.
- Tireless Tracker is a good card it does work.
- Fire-Lit Thicket aka filter land, arent good in modern. The best way to get the colors you want is with fetchlands, the only time you really dont use that is when shuffling is an issue.
- Kessig Wolf Run is run in some great decks, id keep. Look at RG Eldrazi Modern.
- Lightning Bolt is a great finisher and removal spell, I almost always recommend 4 copies in any red deck.
- Your SB (sideboard) is not great. You want cards that are answers to your enemies decks. I wont leave comments on that being your deck is going to change so its harder to plan a SB.
Bloodbraid Elf amazing card in the right deck
the best thing for you to do is look at modern decks that are tournement ready. Youll see cards that are used and why they are used. Itll help build your deck. Especially in these colors. Advise from people here is helpful as well. If you want me to be more nit picky I can be. If you need anyhelp just message me here or something.
There are some on my page in folder if you find that easiest
Have a nice week.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Oh man, Mirage Mirror . No need to sell me on that card honestly, it's great. The only reason it's not already here is because I've neglected to update this list in a while because I hadn't been able to play much the past couple years. That absolutely needs a spot. I forget it can copy lands, so it can actually be a third way to pull off a sneaky Dark Depths combo if need be as well. That's pretty sweet.
I've run Mindslaver before here, and I ended up cutting it. It's fun, but I needed the spot for Kaladesh tech. Clutch Emrakul, the Promised End casts have won games for me before though. Helm of Awakening is pretty gnarly, I may have to test it and see if I can't make it work for me. I'm just not a fan of symmetrical effects.
As for the 100 Strip Mine s, I put 100 there because it wouldn't let me add a million. "You really need 1000000x Strip Mine, huh?" YES I DO TAPPEDOUT, MAY I PLEASE HAVE THEM? I figure if I keep that there for long enough, I will eventually get at least one.
I could use a sell on Tangle Wire . I like it, and I bet I could get it past my group, but how do I break parity with it? Clock of Omens kind of things I would guess? I mean, I guess tapping the Wire to itself is a cheeky cheat, but you seem to know something I don't that makes it go from good to incredible.
As for your puzzle, hell, challenge accepted. I too am a fan of Rube Goldberg machine plays.
- Tap Sensei's Divining Top
- Pay 2 to Rings of Brighthearth trigger using Metalworker , 2 remaining in pool
- Draw Wastes and Sensei's Divining Top
- Play Wastes (because why not honestly)
- Tap Inspiring Statuary and Clock of Omens to untap Metalworker
- Tap Metalworker again for 6 mana now, 8 mana in pool
- Turn Mirage Mirror into Rings of Brighthearth , 6 mana in pool
- Tap both Rings of Brighthearth to untap Metalworker, pay both triggers to untap both of my Rings as well
- Proceed to generate literally a googolplex of mana. Because overkill.
- Finally replay Sensei's Divining Top
- Use Rings of Brighthearth + Sensei's Divining Top with unlimited mana to draw until I get the following cards: Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre , Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger , Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , and Strionic Resonator
- Play Kozilek, Butcher of Truth , Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre , and Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
- Play Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Sculpting Steel copying either of the boots, and Strionic Resonator
- Equip each Titan with boots
- Swing one Titan each at each player
- Using infinite untaps and mana, two players entire boards disappear and one's entire deck gets exiled via Strionic Resonator spam
I'm not sure if you had a way to actually end the game proper from there in mind but this is what I came up with. One player has no deck, and the rest have no boards, so realistically everyone scoops and the hypothetical players here probably never play with me again. God I love colorless.
Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.12%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%