|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Shapers of Nature
Creature — Merfolk Shaman
3G: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
2U, Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (3)||Totally_A_Spy , Themasterpirate , killstars|
|Want (8)||starkzero , Methuselah3 , vashaclarens , Mtang8264 , sgtpumbah , Approximos , orzhov_moskalski , kovellen|
Shapers of Nature Discussion
1 week ago
1 week ago
Hi! Looks like a sweet start to a Merfolk deck (a deck I've wanted to build myself for quite a while)! Here are some recommendations:
- Seafloor Oracle is a pretty powerful card draw engine when you can get it online early
- Merfolk Mistbinder is another 2-mana lord
- Forerunner of the Heralds and Merrow Harbinger are good tutors
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid is just a good card in Commander, and the fact that she's a merfolk is just an added bonus
- Murkfiend Liege, Seedborn Muse, and Paradox Engine help you activate Kumena's abilities many times in a turn cycle.
- Surgespanner can be a house, bouncing tons of permanents each turn, as you can tap it for free
- Cryptolith Rite is good ramp and a strong "tap outlet"
- Lightning Greaves is good at protecting Kumena or any other powerful creature you may have
- Kodama's Reach should be in every green deck
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip can make a ton of mana, and helps you dig towards your creatures as well.
- Beast Within is an extremely powerful removal spell
- Treetop Village and Lumbering Falls; manlands are so much worse in Commander than in 60-card formats
- Remote Isle; blue and green have better ways to draw cards than cycling away your lands
- Vivid Creek and Vivid Grove; green has much better mana fixing
- Bioshift doesn't really do anything
- Tideshaper Mystic is the same; cutting one opponent off of mana doesn't do much, and 1/1s for 1 that die to board wipes are mediocre at best.
- World Shaper isn't really where you want to be; you don't have a ton of graveyard synergies
- River's Rebuke isn't my favorite board wipe in Commander, even in blue/green. I'd play Devastation Tide instead.
- Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep just does too little for 10 mana. If you're spending 10 mana on a single card, that card should be winning you the game.
- Talrand, Sky Summoner, as you don't have a ton of spell synergies
- True-Name Nemesis is good, but mainly in Legacy. In Commander, a 3/1 that just one player can't interact with is bad.
- Shapers of Nature is a decent mana sink, but I think you'd rather just be doing something else with your mana.
Hope this helps! If you'd like me to explain some of my choices more, or if you want help on another deck, feel free to leave a comment on my profile, and I'll take a look as soon as I can!
1 month ago
2 months ago
4 months ago
2x Broken Bond = 5 Cents
3x Channeler Initiate = 15 Cents
3x Chart a Course = 30 Cents
2x Glyph Keeper = 4 Cents
3x Merfolk Branchwalker = 75 Cents
3x Nature's Way = 6 Cents
2x Pull from Tomorrow = 40 Cents
2x Ranging Raptors = 4 Cents
2x River's Rebuke = 30 Cents
2x Scaled Behemoth = 4 Cents
2x Shapers of Nature = 4 Cents
3x Siren Lookout = 4 Cents
2x Spring // Mind = 2 cents
This Deck has won me over 100 Euros in prizes! with rough maths, this means that i have earned at least 4000% of this deck back! Plus it's VERY fun to play with.
And before you ask me again about the prices, the site i buy from, is cardmarket.eu Look it up
4 months ago
hi really like the idea! if you struggle against flyer and removal that's simple your playing simic G/U. so if I were you i'll make the deck more agro with card like , Silvergill Adept, Mist-Cloaked Herald, Blossoming Defense if you have the money try Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca and Nissa, Steward of Elements another Deeproot Waters could be usefull I dont really like Shapers of Nature and 4 Herald of Secret Streams is too much 2 should be plenty, card like Unsummon could help for the tempo value it give and you should repleace Wizard's Retort for Siren Stormtamer as it is a merfolk
4 months ago
Personally, I would put cards like Shapers of Nature, which are good against control but terrible against aggro, in sideboard, maybe put in Deeproot Elite as another way to put counters on the folk. Maybe Aquatic Incursion?