Creature — Dinosaur
Whenever Deathgorge Scavenger enters the battlefield or attacks, you may exile target card from a graveyard. If a creature card is exiled this way, Deathgorge Scavenger gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Deathgorge Scavenger occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
All decks: 0.03%
Deathgorge Scavenger Discussion
1 month ago
Awesome list, i have taken some notes for when i start retooling my own gishath deck.
But there are some inclusions I myself have experienced to be underwhelming and was wondering what you thought about them.
Bellowing Aegisaur: Does he work as occasional +1/+1 counter placements or do you have multiple activations when you use him. I myself find the occasional trigger to be underwhelming, and not doing much for 6 mana. And when i can use something like Pyrohemia he does not protect himself.
Burning Sun's Avatar: Have been very disappointed with this one, tough to cast due to its cmc and triple red. Bolting a creature and a player seems very limited for 6 mana, and even when its cheated into play it seems underwhelming for a card slot when something like Apex Altisaur could remove multiple threats. And a 6/6 without trample is underwhelming as well in my opinion :/.
Deathgorge Scavenger: How often do you meet graveyard decks, because without that interaction it seems very limited in its use.
Raging Regisaur: I have been on the fence with this, it is a very nice trigger on a dinosaur body. But the amount of enrage targets are limited and - at least in my meta, a 4/4 will rarely be able to attack anyone without dying to one of their larger blockers. Killing an X/1 is nice, but the difficulty of having it attack without dying is a bit tough.
Raging Swordtooth: Same case as above, but i like this less. It triggers only once, which means it needs a lot of setup for getting a lot of enrage triggers. An army of 1/1 seems uncommon, most token decks will have something to buff them. A possible swap could be Staff of Nin it gives card draw and a nice way to trigger enrage, although at a higher cmc and no way of cheating it into play.
Siegehorn Ceratops: How has this performed for you? I find it very hard to trigger it the first time with only 1 damage. And even if it gets buffed it is just a big beater without trample. I really like the card and want to include it, but its hard to justify.
Territorial Allosaurus: Is a 5/5 for 4 with a possible fight ability really worth it, feels there are better options available.
Trapjaw Tyrant: Have shown to be very risky. Some setup is required to trigger the enrage, and even if the problems are removed, they will come right back when the board is cleared. And then one have to take care of those problems again with an empty board.
And what do you think about some of these cards?
Domri, Anarch of Bolas: Can be removal, ramp and buff.
Samut, the Tested Can give gishath double strike and enable enrage.
Aura Shards Can wipe most creatures from opponents boards when casting dinosaurs, and commander can be a board wipe when casting.
Shaman en-Kor for moving enrage triggers
1 month ago
I could whip something up if you wanted to just send me a list of all the Dino stuff you have access to? Otherwise,
If it’s various Dinos in the sideboard, keep in mind Commune or Forerunner of the Empire. Both of those help to see those Dinos sideboarded in as 1-2 of.
I’d maybe start with 2 Thrashing Brontodon in the main and maybe 2 more in the sideboard just in case. It’s my favourite answer for artifacts and enchantments. It doesn’t really hurt the game plan either to have something like 2 in the main to start I feel.
I think definitely some amount of Rampaging Ferocidon. It seems various forms of Mono-white life gain are popular right now. Especially with new Heliod. It’s an easy card when deciding to board in or out. “They have lifegain or many creatures/tokens? ITS IN!” :)
Flame Sweep would probably be good in the Main even, to help against some of the Mono and clear out any mana dorks etc. I almost always use 4, whether sideboard or main. I’ve found it generally useful at most points.
Shifting Ceratops is quite important in the 75 for obvious reasons. It definitely another good choice for the sideboard or main. I like a split of 2 Carnage and 2 Shifting but I could see 4 Shifting if facing lots of Teferi and Blue. I’d rather have more than one Shifting out VS the decks they are good against simply because they are so resilient. Also the fact they cost less than Carnage really helps to keep things going fast.
Deathgorge Scavenger could certainly be in the Sideboard. Some to consider if you anticipate needing graveyard hate.
4 months ago
I would never have more than 60, the consistency is always more important than the extra cards. I would cut 2x Consulate Dreadnought which you don't get much out of, 1x Forest because cutting the other cards can lower your land count, 4x Territorial Allosaurus because the kicker isn't really that good with the other cards and you don't need another 4 drop 5/5, 4x Gigantosaurus because you have enough power already and without trample it's not doing much for you also because the cost is so high, 1x Ranging Raptors you could probably cut all of them because you don't need ramp really; but you need three drops, move the 2x Deathgorge Scavenger to the side board in place of Cacophodon because it's ability is only good in some matches, and add 1x Ghalta, Primal Hunger because it's probably the best card in the deck with being able to come down for GG and having trample.
6 months ago
Id replace Deathgorge Scavenger with Marauding Raptor because that is the only creature you control that wouldnt survive the raptors ability and the raptor is a cheap creature which you need and lowers the CMC of your other dinos. Id also add the Dinosaur Stampede in, it will be better than either Overrun or Titanic Ultimatum 85% of the time. You'll have to play test it a bit and see if the mass trample really helps you. About half your dinos have trample already.
6 months ago
7 months ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
1 year ago
Hey, you asked my opinion. One time I read about consistence of decks composition. There is a lot of single copy cards, this make the game very unpredictible for yourself, lack of a solid strategy. My advice is to focus in more 3 and 4 copies of a single card and lass 1 and 2. But is a great selection o of card for a Gruul deck.
- Llanowar Elves , keep 4 of it.
- Dire Fleet Daredevil is a good card, but situational, 2 of then if you want to keep.
- Thorn Lieutenant is a good creature, good effect. But more oriented for a token deck, i would not put in this deck.
- Captain Lannery Storm takeout, have no synergy.
- Deathgorge Scavenger same as above.
- Gruul Spellbreaker best creature Gruul, 4 of them.
- Reclamation Sage and Thrashing Brontodon have the same objective. If I would choose Thrashing Brontodon . But have you see the Cindervines ? Is a good adittion, but I wold keep in the Side. For a enchant/artifact more oriented deck. Well, would use 2 or 3 of them if is that the case.
- Now the 4 cost I would consider to run few of them, would slowdown to much the deck.
- Dagger Caster is a good card, but would take it out.
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma you dont have that much of 4 power or more in the deck, would take out or increse the number Goreclaw for 3 and put more 4 power creatures. But I dont think is the case.
- Grand Warlord Radha good, not more them 2. since is legendary,
- Nullhide Ferox Very nice! 2 of Him wold make a great addition.
- Ripjaw Raptor Good for a draw. 2 of them but the other 4 creatures are better.
- Vine Mare is a good creature, against black is a unblockeable tank. But same as above, we have better creatures.
- 5, is a liitle mor harder to put on field. but...
- Charging Monstrosaur I love this guy, I would put 3 of them, if you can. Haste, Trample, maybe 6/6 with riot. Perfect.
- Demanding Dragon lets stay wtih only 3 creatures with 5 cost? Só choose betwew the Mostrosaur ou this little Dragon guy here.
- Ravager Wurm 1 is enogh, a nice surprise if you can cast it.
- Lava Coil Good removal, 3 of them, 3 of Lightning Strike or 3 of Thrash / Threat , they have pretty much the same cost and remove cards. Lava Coil is solid, Lightning Strike is flexible and Thrash / Threat work out with yours creatures power. I would choose one of them. Maybe leave one on side.
- Act of Treason I dont think that is a good card to the deck.
- Fight with Fire Great, 2 is a good number for it. can takeout a lot of threats.
- Response / Resurgence , woith Fight with Fire this is a little unecessary. Have a cheap cost, but is situational. Is a instant, make a little more flexible. If you keep it 3 of them would be nice.
- Rhythm of the Wild Put 3 of it, please xD.
- Domri, Chaos Bringer and Vivien Reid . Choose one and keep 2 of it. I wold go with Domri.
1 year ago
triproberts12 I'm so grateful for all this. I don't know about putting Thran Dynamo over Knight of the Stampede just because I've chained a few of the cheaper Dinos like Deathgorge Scavenger and Kinjalli's Sunwing together early on with it. Regal Behemoth is a definite addition I'm just waiting to pick up a copy. I didn't include Territorial Allosaurus as I thought it was a bit of a feel bad if I hit it off Gishath, Sun's Avatar and I thought perhaps some single target removal may be better, but again that maybe wrong? The Sunforger package does seem very intriguing and could well be built into the deck, but then do you think I would need a few more wrath protection spells, or is four enough? Path of Ancestry is of course excellent as is Herald's Horn but unfortunately I do not have copies yet. What's you're opinion on the two Planeswalkers, as so far I've been underwhelmed. Cheers Again! If there's anything I can do on your end please let me know.