|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
Whenever Deathgorge Scavenger enters the battlefield or attacks, you may exile target card from a graveyard. If a creature card is exiled this way, Deathgorge Scavenger gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Deathgorge Scavenger Discussion
3 months ago
Hey, you asked my opinion. One time I read about consistence of decks composition. There is a lot of single copy cards, this make the game very unpredictible for yourself, lack of a solid strategy. My advice is to focus in more 3 and 4 copies of a single card and lass 1 and 2. But is a great selection o of card for a Gruul deck.
- Llanowar Elves , keep 4 of it.
- Dire Fleet Daredevil is a good card, but situational, 2 of then if you want to keep.
- Thorn Lieutenant is a good creature, good effect. But more oriented for a token deck, i would not put in this deck.
- Captain Lannery Storm takeout, have no synergy.
- Deathgorge Scavenger same as above.
- Gruul Spellbreaker best creature Gruul, 4 of them.
- Reclamation Sage and Thrashing Brontodon have the same objective. If I would choose Thrashing Brontodon . But have you see the Cindervines ? Is a good adittion, but I wold keep in the Side. For a enchant/artifact more oriented deck. Well, would use 2 or 3 of them if is that the case.
- Now the 4 cost I would consider to run few of them, would slowdown to much the deck.
- Dagger Caster is a good card, but would take it out.
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma you dont have that much of 4 power or more in the deck, would take out or increse the number Goreclaw for 3 and put more 4 power creatures. But I dont think is the case.
- Grand Warlord Radha good, not more them 2. since is legendary,
- Nullhide Ferox Very nice! 2 of Him wold make a great addition.
- Ripjaw Raptor Good for a draw. 2 of them but the other 4 creatures are better.
- Vine Mare is a good creature, against black is a unblockeable tank. But same as above, we have better creatures.
- 5, is a liitle mor harder to put on field. but...
- Charging Monstrosaur I love this guy, I would put 3 of them, if you can. Haste, Trample, maybe 6/6 with riot. Perfect.
- Demanding Dragon lets stay wtih only 3 creatures with 5 cost? Só choose betwew the Mostrosaur ou this little Dragon guy here.
- Ravager Wurm 1 is enogh, a nice surprise if you can cast it.
- Lava Coil Good removal, 3 of them, 3 of Lightning Strike or 3 of Thrash / Threat , they have pretty much the same cost and remove cards. Lava Coil is solid, Lightning Strike is flexible and Thrash / Threat work out with yours creatures power. I would choose one of them. Maybe leave one on side.
- Act of Treason I dont think that is a good card to the deck.
- Fight with Fire Great, 2 is a good number for it. can takeout a lot of threats.
- Response / Resurgence , woith Fight with Fire this is a little unecessary. Have a cheap cost, but is situational. Is a instant, make a little more flexible. If you keep it 3 of them would be nice.
- Rhythm of the Wild Put 3 of it, please xD.
- Domri, Chaos Bringer and Vivien Reid . Choose one and keep 2 of it. I wold go with Domri.
4 months ago
triproberts12 I'm so grateful for all this. I don't know about putting Thran Dynamo over Knight of the Stampede just because I've chained a few of the cheaper Dinos like Deathgorge Scavenger and Kinjalli's Sunwing together early on with it. Regal Behemoth is a definite addition I'm just waiting to pick up a copy. I didn't include Territorial Allosaurus as I thought it was a bit of a feel bad if I hit it off Gishath, Sun's Avatar and I thought perhaps some single target removal may be better, but again that maybe wrong? The Sunforger package does seem very intriguing and could well be built into the deck, but then do you think I would need a few more wrath protection spells, or is four enough? Path of Ancestry is of course excellent as is Herald's Horn but unfortunately I do not have copies yet. What's you're opinion on the two Planeswalkers, as so far I've been underwhelmed. Cheers Again! If there's anything I can do on your end please let me know.
4 months ago
This looks Awesome, Just one Question, You have 4 Mainboard Deathgorge Scavenger And 2 on the sideboard?
4 months ago
Thanks for your comment.
After some playtesting, I do agree with you that Tribunal has to be cut. Most of the time, it's pretty much a Hieromancer's Cage as I don't use Convoke. I'll go with your suggestion and add my fourth Contempt and another Mortify . I'll also playtest Ixalan's Binding and Assassin's Trophy in the Mortify slot, just to mix things up and try something new.
I really like Drover of the Mighty instead of anything else ( Llanowar Elves , Incubation Druid ) because I have 4 Dinos in the sideboard and the Drover can turn into a decent blocker against aggro. Also, in this deck, I really need color-fixing, and Drover helps that need.
While Flower / Flourish is a great card, it doesn't actually mana ramp. It brings the land to your hand and you can only fetch a basic Forest or Plains, which is why I won't put it in the deck.
I like the idea of Assassin's Trophy . What do you think (apart from Tribunal) I should take out for it?
I'm not a big fan of Settle in the mainboard. There's just so little space, and it's a sideboard card for now.
I really like Kaya, Orzhov Usurper as it helps exile cards for graveyards at an aggressive cost. She also allows me to gain life if I exile a creature card, which might be very useful against Drakes. My meta has a lot of Drakes and Golgari, so these slots are crucial. I could take it out for Deadeye Tracker , but that kind of seems like a downgrade. The only reason why I wouldn't take it out for Deathgorge Scavenger is because against x Midrange, I also side in the Tocatli Honor Guard , and it nullifies half of the Dinosaur's ability. Although, if I added in Scavenger, I would put my Dino number up to 5, which would mean a more likely chance at pumping up Drover. Just thinking out loud.
I already have Vivien Reid in the sideboard. With Duress , you mainly want to be playing it on turn 1, and I only have 6 T1 untapped lands that produce , so it kind of gets my opinions on it for this deck a little sour. The main reason I run Find / Finality is for the Find part for outvaluing the Control and the x matchups. I only occasionally use the Finality part. This is the main reason why I don't run Ritual of Soot instead. I have considered The Eldest Reborn , but I don't know where to put it.
Thanks again for your extremely helpful comment,
4 months ago
It's great you started putting together this resource, SynergyBuild! Thanks.
Also - I thought hatebears are meant to take down effectiveness of other decks? I'm confused about some cards on this list; I'm wondering why Growth-Chamber Guardian , Jadelight Ranger , or Llanowar Elves made it on here? Wouldn't Scavenging Ooze (while technically not a "bear"), Leonin Arbiter , Ash Zealot be examples of hatebears, but not those guys?
5 months ago
Ashonfire Thanks for checking it out! I think Vine Mare will definitely find a spot if a deck full of black removal is still very highly played, it doesn't line up well against golgari though since they can trade with it too easily and I'm expecting a lot of gruul/simic out of the gate. If orzhov or esper become big players then it definitely goes in, maybe over the Deathgorge Scavenger s. I included Negate to specifically battle wraths, which Shapers' Sanctuary doesn't help against. Curator's Ward is interesting, if Field of Ruin or Ravager Wurm become big staples then maybe some protection for Winged Temple of Orazca becomes necessary, although if have to waste resources on it and not killing our creatures then maybe the diversion is worth it! I've been doing test hands and the mana seems to be the most inconsistent part, that matters much more post sideboard since the main is almost entirely green and could leave you stuck on 2 forest with no other colors to cast Lava Coil or Negate , I'm tempted to include more dinosaurs to be able to run Thunderherd Migration and aim for a really powerful late game over the curve-out aggro this is doing. Good luck in your testing, lots to think about!
5 months ago
I'd take out Gutterbones for Vraska. How is your manabase holding up? It seems a bit stretched, as you are running 5 cards with , 7 cards with double and 6 cards with double , with 5 more in the sideboard. Also, for the sideboard, you might want Cry of the Carnarium against Drakes and Aggro and Deathgorge Scavenger (replacing Sentinel Totem) for graveyard decks and aggro. You may also want to consider for the sideboard:
Find / Finality (consider this for the mainboard as well)
Sorry if I was talking too much, I just really like this deck idea and I want to give all the help I can.
6 months ago
you'll need Ritual of Soot, a couple Cast Downs and (maybe) a few Deathgorge Scavengers against aggro, some counters and hand attack like Negate, Syncopate and Duress for control, and some Plaguecrafters against drakes. if you have the money, also add some more Assassin's Trophys. atleast that's a start.
Deathgorge Scavenger occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
All decks: 0.03%