|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Exile target nonland permanent.
Utter End Discussion
1 day ago
3 days ago
Exotic Orchard , Forbidden Orchard replaces Vivid Crag , Aether Hub - The synergy with proliferate is great, but not good enough. Ten guildgates in mainboard requires rest of the manabase to be much better than that to avoid being color screwed.
Drown in the Loch replaces Utter End - the complete lack of interaction with the stack killed me a couple of times. For the same reason Dovin's Veto goes to maybeboard. Actually I'm in love with Drown - its almost always hard counter/removal in the game of EDH, the flexibility and efficiency is great and it makes House Dimir better represented in the deck.
Empowered Autogenerator replaces Perilous Forays - I'm not sure what I was thinking. Forays is a great card, but not necessarily in a 5 color deck with 17 targets that is color hungry. On the other hand, Autogenerator is a new all-star of the deck. It self-proliferates after use, costs colorless mana (which can be important when it comes to essentially a ramp spell), comes a turn earlier, just in time to cast Niv-Mizzet on turn 5.
Faeburrow Elder replaces Overwhelming Stampede - Notice the pattern? The deck is so mana hungry, and draws cards so well, so getting to enormous amounts of mana fast can be freaking powerful. It comes a turn after Kiora's Follower while sharing a color, so producing 10+ mana on turn 4 can happen from time to time. I also grew tired of Stampede, being in 75% of my green decks.
1 week ago
1 week ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
2 weeks ago
Hey Kehrmann15, here are some thoughts about the deck, especially how to improve it with cards we already have in our playgroup.
Arvad the Cursed : In the current deck he probably has too few other Legendaries he can reliably pump. I would tend to replace him with a lord who pushes all the Knights. For example I could give you Benalish Marshal .
Kwende, Pride of Femeref : Similar to Arvad, there are very few targets at the moment. (Three Knights with Firststrike.) As a good replacement I could give you e.g. Aryel, Knight of Windgrace . Besides her respectable 4/4 vigilance (especially useful in multiplayer) she is a "mana sink", so she can use open mana even if you can't play hand cards. Specifically, she creates Knights tokens or destroys other creatures on each turn.
Belle of the Brawl and Skynight Vanguard would be shaky candidates for me, which could ideally be replaced by stronger Knights. Perfect would be for example Puresteel Paladin and Knight Exemplar . But both are not quite cheap and unfortunately I don't have them either.
Otherwise I'd rather go in the direction of 25 creatures, so maybe add two more value creatures. For example, I could give you the two: Kambal, Consul of Allocation fits well to your drain theme. Which you did to Neotopian and me last time. Sram, Senior Edificer lets you draw a card for each piece of equipment.
This brings us directly to the next topic.
Card Draw still seems to me to be the weakest point in the deck. Cards I can give you from my collection would be Read the Bones (e.g. as a replacement for Call the Cavalry , because you don't really play Go-Wide with the deck and hardly profit from it), Skullclamp and Sunforger (both equipment with which you have more synergies and absolute "must haves" in the deck). Especially Sunforger is crazy with your Commander, if you can fetch a CMC4 Instant for 2 mana and cast for free.
For the Sunforger to work properly, we need a few more instants with impact for <=CMC4.
Removal should be as versatile as possible ("target permanent" is better than "target creature") and as reliable as possible ("destroy" or even "exile" better than "x damage"). Therefore I would replace Integrity / Intervention by Utter End and Justice Strike by Swords to Plowshares (if any of us have it). Adamant Will is only good in special situations, so I would replace it with a good removal. I could give you Bedevil for example.
In order to have Sunforger or other cards on hand at the right time, a few tutors would be helpful. For example, I could give you Diabolic Tutor from my collection. Open the Armory would also be a cheap tutor who fits well to your topic.
I'm not finished on the other topics yet, but here are my first notes on equipment, mana rocks and lands:
Find a few stronger pieces of equipment to replace the following:
No Taplands without upside (Gates etc.). If we don't find better duals (e.g. the scry temples would offer a nice upside) replace them with basics.
2 weeks ago
Utter End is great but it doesn't hit lands.
2 weeks ago
I completely missed that part, it's been a minute.
Then how about Utter End in it's place? your curve is high on 3 CMC so this can fit in the 4 CMC slot. It exiles as well to ensure whatever you target remains gone.
2 weeks ago
Alright. As to what I would cut:
Utter End : It's a bit too little mana to be cheated out, yet too costly to be worth it.
Villainous Wealth : 'X' costs can't be abused with Jodah, so I'd remove it.
Genesis Wave : Same deal.
Enlightened Tutor : There are no artifacts outside of a couple of gearhulks and Magister Sphinx , and the only enchantments that seem worth finding are Rhystic Study and Omniscience . It doesn't seem too potent in here.
Enter the Infinite : You can't actually win immediately when this resolves (unless I'm missing something). When this is the case, it's not quite worth it.
Nissa's Revelation : Given how many ways this deck can refill its hand, consider that this doesn't add to the board state, reveals a card in your hand, and is a turn off of doing something else.
Terastodon : I've never really liked this card. Just personal preference. It's a vanilla 9/9 that doesn't do much outside of removal.
Vindicate : I prefer Beast Within or Swords to Plowshares when given the option. You have Anguished Unmaking , Cruel Ultimatum , Despark , Assassin's Trophy , and tutors to find them, sorcery speed is without use. More interaction in a deck like this seems as if it's a juxtaposition to the gameplan.
That's all I have for what may be banished, however, I have one recommendation:
Treachery seems as if it would be awesome in here. Steal a creature then cast something huge. A lot of value here.
Utter End occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.11%
WB (Orzhov): 1.35%
WUB (Esper): 0.79%
RBW (Mardu): 1.23%