Destroy target artifact, creature, or planeswalker.
|Want (2)||adam1floyd3 , 4lien4tion|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Bedevil occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.3%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
1 week ago
Bedevil would also be really cool
2 weeks ago
MISC to consider adding
Creatures Cordial Vampire Bloodline Keeper Flip Indulgent Aristocrat Blood Artist Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle Drana, Liberator of Malakir Viscera Seer Vampire Hexmage Bloodcrazed Paladin Metallic Mimic Shadow Alley Denizen Blood Seeker Guul Draz Assassin Gatekeeper of Malakir Bloodghast Vindictive Vampire
3 weeks ago
In standard (Arena) I'm playing a Kroxa-Lurrus Deck which is rather control oriented.
Destroy target nonenchantment, nonland permanent, its controller sacrifices a nonland permanent and discards a card. If fewer than three cards entered their library this turn, Disruption deals 3 damage to that player.
You may cast Disruption from your graveyard.
I'd like to see a similar card, however I'd like it to be two-in-one, either Aftermath/flashback/jumpstart or flip-card, or split card, etc.
1 month ago
Ball Lightning just doesn't really do anything, outside of being sac fodder, and I'm really not hurting for good sac fodder.
I definitely agree that I need to make several adjustments to the mana rocks.
I'm probably going to run Aftershock and Bedevil both. Being able to hit lands is sometimes relevant. And giving Greven +3/+0 is not nothing. There are definitely cards in here I could cut over Aftershock.
Malevolent Whispers is only in here because I was running Traitorous Instinct, but I realized the Whispers was a straight upgrade. It's absolutely getting replaced with Tentative Connection as soon as I can get my hands on some Ikoria cards.
And as for Skirge Familiar, that thing has been on the aquireboard basically since I first laid eyes on Greven. I just haven't found one.
1 month ago
The deck looks pretty solid already, but personally I wouldn't run only 4 Heartless Act as removal because it's either amazing, or mediocre if the thing you want to kill has any counter on it, and there should be many of those in the current meta. I think you could easily swap 2 of them for 2 Bedevil. You have little in ways to deal with planeswalker anyway, and nothing that destroys artifacts.
1 month ago
maybe Ball Lightning?
also i would run Rakdos Signet over Pristine Talisman. if you are worried about your life total maybe some extra ways to give greven lifelink would be good, like Eternal Thirst or Rush of Vitality or Grotesque Mutation.
also Fire Covenant allows you to pay an arbitrary amount of life to make greven bigger for a Hatred-like effect for only 3 mana. cool.
and Rogue's Passage maybe?
also i feel like you want Bedevil over Aftershock maybe - need that instant speed for your point removal.
same reasoning, i would consider Act of Aggression over Malevolent Whispers? i guess it depends how often you have a discard outlet so that madness is useful. speaking of discard outlets Skirge Familiar is a good one.
anyway just some thoughts keep having fun!
1 month ago
Hi Spell_Slam. You made some great points about your suggested cards. I've had to think quite about each pick to decide if my current selection of cards is better for each one you recommended. Here are my thoughts:
- Sanctum of Ugin is a very narrow tutor with very specific conditions and a very specific set of cards it can find. I currently run the following four tutors that can find any card: Demonic Tutor, Gamble, Rune-Scarred Demon, and Vampiric Tutor. I think these are better choices for a tutor slot.
- I agree with you on Bedevil. It's already in the deck :)
- For "enablers" (cards that help you cast your commander), I prefer straight up guaranteed damage on a card to the repeatable but also conditional damage that Retreat to Hagra offers. The same thinking applies to Bitterblossom. In particular, I've deliberately built my version to be as fast as possible (the MTG concept of tempo is in play here). So I'm wary of waiting a turn for anything to happen with these cards. Considering I only need one point of damage to an opponent to cast my commander, I'd rather cast a card that can immediately enable Rakdos, Lord of Riots to hit the field.
- What's interesting about Bloodgift Demon is that it does multiple things but does those things worse than other cards. Realistically, I'm not going to give an opponent a card for 1 damage to them, so of course I'll be drawing the cards. Thus, in terms of drawing cards it reads "3BB: draw a card next turn and take 1 point of damage". Which doesn't sound that great. Obviously it's also a flying creature and therefore can get the damage needed for our commander. But so can Fanatical Firebrand but it's just 1 mana. For these reasons, I had a hard time justifying Bloodgift Demon in the deck (I've previously played it so I have experience with it). I'm not saying "I'm right" here, just that I've found tjhe deck to be much smoother with low-cmc enablers and high-cmc finishers. The midrange costs of 4, 5, 6 mana are tough slots to fill and REALLY need to justify themselves. This is also the thinking behind me leaving Solemn Simulacrum on the sidelines.
- Regarding Wheel of Fortune and Reforge the Soul, I definitely get what you're saying. I can't say you're wrong at all. For me, this comes down to personal preference. I can't tell you how bad it feels to draw 7 and get not much of anything I need while giving my opponents 21 cards to choose from. I'd rather let my opponents do the work to draw their own cards rather than hand them answers to my board state.
Thanks for your comments. I'm definitely open to further discussion about your suggestions. In particular, if you can recommend cards I might remove to put in the cards you suggested, I think that would help facilitate future discussion. It's find that it's easy to suggest cards but much harder to suggest specific swaps, as often the swap doesn't look so good once you realize what's coming out of the deck.