|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Fell the Mighty
Destroy all creatures with power greater than target creature's power.
|Have (6)||PTsmitty , Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic , SketchyScribbler , vashaclarens , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (6)||Salatri16 , olivo426 , SkylordAleksander , killer5079 , Kalvecgor12 , stumpedu2009|
Fell the Mighty Discussion
1 week ago
i think Open the Armory , Steelshaper's Gift , Magnetic Theft could help. being able to abuse sunforger and helps. could also add a Darksteel Mutation so open the armory could get you some removal for problematic commanders.
I was not a fan of Balduvian Rage since you have to attack.
3 weeks ago
One of my friends runs a 70% Doran, the Siege Tower with the good treefolks and some big butt guys. It's always an interesting match with our decks, as generally you need to answer Doran, but sometimes it's good to leave it there. Has fun interactions overall and can turn into a Voltron out of nowhere if you use wraths like Fell the Mighty + Slagwurm Armor on Doran. At last, my friend doesn't run it, but there's still the option to throw a Meekstone in there, just saying.
3 weeks ago
White Sun's Zenith is a nice token maker/fodder maker.
Ramp that isn't ritual based would be good. Things like Tithe (at it's best if you don't go first for your turn 1 play), Land Tax , & Solemn Simulacrum . I know the cost is a bit high but the lands are worth it.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Fiery Gambit is definitely on par for Jank, but idk...the uncertainty of it makes me wary. I'll add it to the maybe board for now at least so I can sit on it.
Thanks for the suggestions!
1 month ago
I like this alternative take to Feather. Have you considered using Fiery Gambit ? Some percentage of the time, it won't do anything, but 25% of the time it will just nug the board for 6 and even occasionally draw a million cards. Obviously not a competitive option, but definitely one of the better jank options.
1 month ago
After playing last night, I get the feeling that the deck is being pulled into too many different directions. My advice is to lean into the cantrip effects while protecting Feather and the other creatures, and try to win through combat as soon as possible. I think that the token subtheme is solid, but I'd chuck the redirect shenanigans. It would make for a good laugh when/if it finally goes off, but the combo is too fragile, too expensive, and takes up way too many card slots.
My suggestions (in no particular order):
- Gods Willing - Card draw/protection
- Balduvian Rage - Card draw/damage (potentially lethal)
- Niveous Wisps - Card draw/tap down a big creature if you sense that it will be coming at you next combat
- Panic - Card draw/get through a blocker
- Rile - Card draw/trample
- Chaos Warp - Turn tokens into value or deal with an enemy threat
- Samut's Sprint - Set up a card draw with the scry/more damage
- Shelter - Card draw/protection
- Vanguard of Brimaz - Token generation
- Boros Charm - Will likely be used to protect your board state, but could also be used to finish off an opponent(s)
- Aurelia's Fury - Can be abused repeatedly by just pinging one of your creatures/can be used as a finisher
- Seize the Day - Repeatable extra combats
- Ajani's Presence - Protection
- Balefire Liege - Lifegain and extra damage while buffing your creatures
- Iroas, God of Victory - Menace and damage prevention when you're swinging. Definitely.
- Titan's Strength - More damage/Scry to set up card draw
- Valorous Stance - Protection/Destroy an enemy threat
- Guided Strike - Card draw/might be able to first strike surprise someone
- Temur Battle Rage - Finisher
- Accelerate - Card draw/haste
- Grapeshot - You'll be casting enough cheap spells that this could be a finisher
- Swiftfoot Boots - Feather is key to the strategy, so hexproof is going to be very useful. I wouldn't bother with Lightning Greaves though.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Definitely. Lifegain and one-shotting an opponent.
- Fellwar Stone - R/W are the two least played, so you may have more trouble getting what you want, but more mana is rarely bad.
- Darksteel Ingot - Colored mana rock
- Purphoros, God of the Forge - On the fence with this one, but I think you have enough token generation to warrant him.
- Twinflame - Multiple Heroic trigger and synergizes well with Purphoros
- Spawning Breath - Puke up tokens for ramp/Purph triggers. Bonus points if you proc Heroic.
- Assemble the Legion - Another iffy card that I'd probably only run with the Purph package. It pretty much has to be answered or it will get out of control, but it takes time.
- Skullclamp - Plenty of tokens to draw cards off of. May already have enough card draw, if there is such a thing. Test to find out.
- Bathe in Light - Protection for likely many of your creatures, but no card draw, and it doesn't protect against board wipes.
- Grand Abolisher - We aren't a particularly counter-heavy meta, but I think this might warrant an include to protect from getting hit with a 2-for-1 destroy spell in response to your targeting your creature with a spell. This deck will be reliant on swinging hard every turn.
- Duergar Hedge-Mage - We have a pretty enchantment/artifact heavy meta, but if you are fast enough, it may not matter.
- Runaway Steam-Kin - Useful for storing up some red mana for those X spells, but there aren't many in the deck currently.
- Vandalblast - cough Meta cough
- Soul's Fire - Good way to finish someone off, if you can't get through easily. Might not be necessary.
- Emerge Unscathed - Protection. The free cast is nice, but lacks the card draw.
- Sentinel Tower - Iffy on this one, but I think you'll cast enough spells to make this valuable.
- Graceful Reprieve - ETB triggers/"Protection". Definitely better than Gift of Immortality in this deck, but you should be able to keep your creatures alive without needing this.
- Teferi's Protection - Dodging boardwipes is useful, but this may be unnecessary. No way of abusing Feather's ability here.
- Gilded Lotus - Colored mana rock, but with such a low average CMC, this may not be necessary relative to the cost.
- Fell the Mighty - Board wipe that will let you keep at least something of yours. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Austere Command - Value city. Likely to be used to wipe other threats while keeping your own. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Chandra's Ignition - paired with one of the spells that give protection or indestructible, and targeting a heavy hitter, you can wipe everyone else's creatures and keep your own. Might be too heavy-handed, but probably worth testing.
- Bandage - Card draw/possible protection. The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Heal - Card draw/possible protection The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Crowd's Favor - Not sure that it does enough to warrant a card slot, especially without drawing you a card.
- Galvanic Blast - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Liberate - Currently, the only ETB effects in the deck are Captain of the Watch and Stuffy Doll 's choose a player clause, both of which I would recommend cutting. It would synergize with the Purph package, but even still I'm not sure it warrants a spot, given all the protection you already have.
- Lightning Bolt - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Lightning Strike - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Magnetic Theft - There are currently only two equipments in the deck, and you're unlikely to face too many equipments in our meta, since your decks make up most of the equipment in said meta.
- Shock - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Authority of the Consuls - The small amount of lifegain is unlikely to be needed. The hatebear effect is too easy to play around.
- Gift of Immortality - This card doesn't synergize with much of anything. You're better off running protection spells that Feather can return to your hand.
- Guilty Conscience - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Indestructibility - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Pariah - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Shielded by Faith - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Boros Reckoner - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Captain of the Watch - There are only 3 other soldiers in the deck. She might (barely) make the cut, if you had Purphoros, but I'd likely still cut her.
- Coalhauler Swine - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fabled Hero - Basically, just a beater. I'd much rather proc the other Heroic triggers in order to get tokens to protect against forced sacrifice effects.
- Firesong and Sunspeaker - You have 1 white spell that can trigger this, and that is if you swords your own creature. You have 6 (cut to 2 with these suggestions) red spells that will gain you life. Using Blasphemous Act to gain a bunch of life is neat, but lifegain in Commander is often negligible due to commander damage, and with so few ways of actually triggering this card at all, it definitely doesn't make the cut.
- Stuffy Doll - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Truefire Captain - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fire Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Marble Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Pariah's Shield - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Pearl Medallion - Not enough high CMC white cards to warrant this, especially since it doesn't discount the color cost.
- Chain Lightning - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
2 months ago
In: Cover of Darkness
Blind Obedience is a great card. It's use is to slow opponents down. But the most important part is, that their creatures enters the battlefield tapped, so we can get better attacks wirh our creatures. That beeing sad, Cover of Darkness fullfills the role of enable better attacks way better, especially, since I'm the only player in our meta which is playing black decks at a regular bases.
In: Oversold Cemetery
The Phyrexian Reclamation doens't need a specific condition in order to work. Oversold Cemetery on the other hand has a huge advantage, that we neither have to pay life nor mana in order to return a creature card to your hand. We just will get one for free each round. Since we will attack with many of your creatures, there also should be at least four in the graveyard, most of the time, too. We won't be able to play tons of creatures each turn anyway, so the advantage of multiple uses of Phyrexian Reclamation per round won't come into play that much.
Even though Outpost Siege has two great modes for this deck, since we are playing Mardu as colour combination, we will use it's first mod to net ourselfs some cards in 9 out of 10 situations. Just to get that little more Card Draw or better Card Advantage. But if we looking for just raw Card Advantage, we should use black instead of red cards. Greed can get us way more cards then Outpost Siege , it's even kind of a weak Necropotence , which is one of the strongest cards in the deck I think.
Fell the Mighty
In: Austere Command
Although, Austere Command cost one wanky mana more then Fell the Mighty , it's way better. While Fell the Mighty might be really helpful with clearing the field from creatures and letting us decide, which one will survive, Austere Command gives us way mire flexibility. Destroying all enchantments and artifacts is huge in Mardu colours. Combining it on a general Boardwipe card is also a big deal, because we want to run as less cards as possible for those slots in order to be able to have as many Vampires in our deck as possible.
I love Disrupt Decorum , I really do. It's such a cool card. But it's like a Sudo-Boardwipe, which won't solve all problems for sure and has a one-time-only usage in this deck. It's main purpose always was to create some chaos arround the deck. Reconnaissance can do the same trick, but with incredible more power. It makes blocking for our enemys really awkward, since we can remove any creatures we want after blockers are declared. We can attack all out and then remove the Vampires which would die from blocking. And after damage is dealed, we can remove all the other vampires aswell, giving our whole board Sudo-Vigilance. No worrys about keeping blockers up ever again, if Reconnaissance manages to hit the field.
Throne of the God-Pharaoh
In: Sorin, Solemn Visitor
Until now, Throne of the God-Pharaoh never was able to shine or deal even any true amount of damage at all. The biggest problem is, that opponents usually block as many Vampires as possible anyway and trying to kill them during that process. Therefore, at the end of our turn, there are usually less Vampires then at the beginnig. That's why I feel like Edgar isn't the right deck for Throne of the God-Pharaoh yet. Maybe I have to re-test it in the futrue, but I will swap it out for now. Sorin, Solemn Visitor can give us plenty of life to pay those (new) card draw engine spells. It also buffs our creatures. And puts more Vampires on the battlefield. And keeps decimating our opponents boards. Yeah. Just play him!
In: Exquisite Blood
The use of Legion's Landing Flip is really little to none. Most of the time, it's just a utility land and I barely get to use it's effect at all. Creating just one or two more little small tokens isn't that impactfull either. It was kind of interesting because of the lifelink, since it's one of the only ways, to stay healthy during a long drawn out battle between three or four players around the table. For this exact reason, Exquisite Blood will make a return. Since the Vampires really looking forward to keep punching our enemys, we will get some life back, for sure.
Fell the Mighty occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%