Search your library for a creature card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the revealed card on top of it.
|Want (8)||Onua , protourplayer , tjkoivunen , Indile , TobbyMuchWow , CheekySofie , metalmagic , Xanxibar|
Printings View all
|Commander Collection: Green (CC1)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Worldly Tutor occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Worldly Tutor Discussion
3 days ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
1 week ago
Matrixxx999 I did not put in Worldly Tutor on purpose just not to give me the chance to pick the best creatures from my deck Blightsteel Colossus would be instant kill. But i will consider it after i played the deck a few more times. I like to play with as less tutors as i can to get a more unique time playing the same deck. :D
At the moment i play only two but i guess i will increase the number in the future.
But thanks a lot!
1 week ago
How about Worldly Tutor? I think it will work with Hans perfectly.
And I would suggest you to experiment with extra combat fases.
1 week ago
Arcaneful Sure do! Walking Ballista is probably the best option, but here are some others:
Ezuri, Renegade Leader gives infinite trample damage to any untapped dude (which will probably be your mana dork you're tapping for infinite);
Nylea, Keen-Eyed can draw all the creatures in your deck and then cast Craterhoof Behemoth for the win;
Helix Pinnacle but YMMV because it's only good in the context of infinite mana;
Mirror Entity also gives infinite P/T but unfortunately no trample.
I'm sure there are others in white, but I don't play a Selesnya deck so I'm not familiar with them. There's always something like end of turn White Sun's Zenith.
If you were to add other pieces to the combo you can get more convoluted, but I think having Walking Ballista, Craterhoof Behemoth, and Nylea, Keen-Eyed in your deck with appropriate tutors (Worldly Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, Chord of Calling, etc.) would be plenty. You can add some of the other options and cut tutors if you don't like to play with a lot of them.
3 weeks ago
I would argue it homogenizes rather than diversifies--it's just another copy of Mana Crypt to some strategies, and a serious barrier to entry for many people. and I would also argue that two, even three-color decks could seriously consider running the Lotus (I'm speaking from perhaps a more casual standpoint). Here's the playpattern, the example being my Atla Palani, Nest Tender deck: T1--Mountain, suspend Greater Gargadon, pass. T2--Plains, Jeweled Lotus, crack it for Green, tap out and cast my commander. T3--Forest, activate my commander for an egg, cast Worldly Tutor for an Avacyn, Angel of Hope or something equally scary, sac the egg, and put her into play... and I'll remind you again, on turn three. And that's THREE color. AND I NEED TO PAY HOW MUCH MONEY TO DO THAT AGAIN??
3 weeks ago
Oh come one, we have better card draw in Naya than Bonders' Enclave! Garruk's Packleader, Soul of the Harvest, etc. Colorless sources just aren't worth the ability to sometimes pay essentially 4 mana to draw one card, sometimes.
Chromatic Lantern isn't needed in a deck that can search out the right mana with Cultivate effects, so I'd replace it with a Three Visits. I'm going to keep my eye on the Commander Collection: Green as I definitely need a Worldly Tutor and Sylvan Library and Seedborn Muse, and I love the new arts too much to get the old ones. So I'm waiting on those
3 weeks ago
plakjekaas So, I actually wanted to do the math on this, assuming you were in a Sultai+ shell, running the following tutors and cantrips, by turn three how often would you get OA and SS in hand?
If mulliganning to 4 is an option, the set looks to be a 64% chance to get both halves by turn three. This is further helped by running other forms of card advantage or search, effects like Neoform, Personal Tutor, Mindblade Render, slightly helped by running two commanders, Sylvan Library, Mystic Remora, etc.
4 weeks ago
VampDemigod, I think I would like to try and make this so its good but not totally un-interact with-able. I think the most important card will be Maelstrom Wanderer because that way we can play a Worldly Tutor and mulligan to find one of the two. and if we cascade into the tutor we still have another shot and at a second cascader. The best cascade cards I can think of, that we'd want to play are, Meteoric Mace, Bloodbraid Elf and Shardless Agent.