|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Classic Sixth Edition||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a creature card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the revealed card back on top of it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||thekingpinBR , tragic_slip , NOGzFTW , MoJoMiXuP , Mousemke , kpral , ibraJG84 , TheRealPeaches|
|Want (11)||Turtlelover73 , , pskinn01 , fireborne1986 , zachi , xpsychovampx , Nebman227 , MouseyWolf , LTmiller , golgarigirl , awalloftext|
Worldly Tutor Discussion
15 hours ago
So I have an Ezuri, Claw of Progress build, myself. You should check it out! I'm gonna give you some ideas, as I may have a few more experience counters than you xD
The suggestions I make are from my list, but I won't mention any cards outside of your budget. Let's get started!
This is alphabetical, not in order of relevance:
- Avenger of Zendikar is a bomb! He usually produces 7 tokens (sometimes more, rarely less). That's 7 Ezuri triggers! A great way to spend some mana.
- Birthing Pod is good; in my opinion, it is secondary to Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (more on him later)
- Breeding Pool is in your sideboard, but is a little out of your budget. If you're willing to buy it, there is absolutely no reason to leave it out of your deck
- Cyclonic Rift is an auto-include, as you are playing a blue EDH deck
- As brian.olson542 mentioned, Fathom Mage is amazing with Ezuri. It's the best card draw you'll get
- Green Sun's Zenith is amazing if you have enough green creatures to make it relevant. Tutoring is important in Commander, especially with a toolbox build (Ezuri can easily be a very effective toolbox). If you have too many blue/artifact creatures, I would go for other tutors
- Hinterland Harbor is from my favorite cycle of lands. In a 2-color deck, it will usually enter the battlefield _UN_tapped, without having to Shock yourself. Wonderful!
- You would be amazed at just how useful Kiora's Follower is. Got a tapped Simic Growth Chamber, Sol Ring, or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood? No problem :) Of course, it can also untap any creatures you have, as well as tapping an opponent's artifacts/creatures. So much utility in one little creature!
- I am familiar with Lifecrafter's Bestiary (or the Pokedex, as I call it). However, I have not tried it in my Ezuri Claw build. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays out!
- Murkfiend Liege is definitely not as good as Seedborn Muse, but it is also 90% cheaper, so that's okay
- Mycoloth is one of the best ways to get more counters! You needn't devour anything as it enters, though you certainly may. Just dump XP into it, and you get some tokens, which gives you more XP, which gives you more tokens, which gives...
- Panharmonicon - yesyesYES!!! This card is bonkers! Creatures that create tokens when they enter the battlefield (i.e.: Avenger of Zendikar) will create twice that amount! But wait - There's more! Those tokens will trigger Ezuri TWICE! For those of you following along at home, that's FOUR TIMES the Ezuri triggers for those tokens. You can't afford to pass that up!
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter really doesn't play with Ezuri, but it is an A+ Simic card.
- PUT IN Sage of Hours!!! He is an infinite combo, and a win condition. If you have 4 XP, play Sage, get another XP, enter combat, place 5 counters on Sage and remove them instantly, take an extra turn. Then do the same thing next turn. Then the next. Then the next. You see where i'm going here? It's infinite turns, my friend. There's no cooler way to win (well... except for Now I Know My ABC's... but that's a different deck)
- I don't usually like taplands, but I make an excuse for Temple of Mystery. The artwork alone keeps it in, and the scrying is noice
- Yavimaya Coast is another solid and inexpensive option for mana
This is kinda alphabetical... but not really. _()_/
- Abundance lets you decide: Do you want a land or not? If you're short lands, get a land. If you're flooded, you can make sure you don't get any more. This is one of the few cards I will suggest that doesn't play with Ezuri, but it will certainly help you get better draws. Bonus: if (for some reason) you were about to be milled to death, this card will save you. If you look at the text, you'll notice that you do not actually draw cards anymore. Thus, when you go to draw from an empty library, nothing will happen. Value!
- Animation Module allows you to get a token whenever you distribute counters. Not super flashy, but an additional Ezuri trigger each turn is nothing to sneeze at.
- Beast Within is some of the best removal you'll get in Simic
- Blighted Agent is Invisible Stalker's Evil Twin. It is almost entirely better than Blight Mamba, and will win you many games.
- Bramblewood Paragon will give all your compleated creatures trample. Bonus: If you play it before Ezuri, your General enters as a 4/4
- Champion of Lambholt makes all your creatures unblockable.
- Chord of Calling is a wonderful tutor! Convoke really makes this baby shine.
- Contagion Engine is removal and the best proliferation you'll get.
- Crystalline Crawler is the best mana producer you'll see for Ezuri
- Cultivator of Blades triggers Ezuri 3 times (10 times with Panharmonicon), and then proceeds to make all your creatures far stronger when she attacks
- Den Protector is a hybrid of Eternal Witness and Champion of Lambholt; it doesn't do either ability as well, but it does do both.
- Defense of the Heart is my favorite Magic card. Look at it. Embrace it. Then tutor for Cultivator of Blades and Avenger of Zendikar :D
- Deranged Hermit gives you 5 quick triggers. You could pay to keep it around, but I usually don't.
- Dryad Arbor is a free Ezuri trigger
- Fauna Shaman lets you chose which creatures you'll be casting.
- The Fable of Wolf and Owl is the second best story ever told (the first being the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise).
- Fertilid lets you extract your lands from your deck, insuring that you will have mana, but not draw lands when you could be drawing more creatures.
- Hangarback Walker loves getting big, then making cute flying ezuri-triggering babies when it dies.
- Kalonian Hydra doubles the counters on ALL OF YOUR CREATURES!
- Loaming Shaman doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he gets your creatures back, so we keep him around.
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is the creature that tutors for creatures. He triggers Ezuri, and also finds the bodies you need.
- Nature's Claim is great because it's only 1 mana. The 4 life is negligible.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar gives you triggers, as well as counters.
- Parallel Lives because Doubling Season is too expensive.
- Phantom Nantuko is one helluva blocker. I like it better than Fog Bank, personally.
- Pongify - more one-mana removal! you already run one Rapid Hybridization, why not two?
- While we're on removal, there's Reality Shift. It's great beucase if they manifest a non-creature, then they can never cast it. So not only did you remove their Blightsteel Colossus, but you also got their Armageddon (yes, this actually happened to me once; the guy was so ticked).
- Reclamation Sage is removal on ezuri-triggering legs.
- Okay... so I know this is just a little out of your budget, but Sakashima the Impostor simply must go in. It can copy Ezuri, and is the only copy effect that can do so. I want you to imagine, atlasthetitan64, a world with 2 Ezuris. Think about all the triggering! All the COUNTERS! That, my friend, is Phyrexia incarnate. Search your couch for the spare change: Sakashima is well worth it.
- Servant of the Scale is a great one-drop. You can buff him up with no worries. If he dies, you'll just move the counters onto someone else, such as Fathom Mage.
- Simic Manipulator may cause you to lose all your friends, but that ability...
- Spike Feeder gives you more life than you'll know what to do with
- Triskelion is removal. Doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he's a beast. Dump a bunch of counters on him and watch your opponents squirm!
- If you play enough tokens, Triumph of the Hordes can be a good one-turn kill
- Viral Drake is great because of infect, obviously. However, even the proliferation is a welcome addition. It triggers Ezuri, and you'll get more conuters on your creatures, more XP, and more poison counters on your foes!
- Vorel of the Hull Clade doubles the counters on a creature. Great for Triskelion, Blighted Agent, Cultivator of Blades, or Fathom Mage
- Whirler Rogue is akin to Cultivator of Blades. It gets the same bonus from Panharmonicon. It also grants unblockability.
- Wild Beastmaster is not as good as Cultivator of Blades, but it's 2 mana cheaper.
- Wingcrafter is a great one-drop. I'd definitely play it over Cobbled Wings.
- Worldly Tutor wrote the book on creature tutoring. It's a good read!
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, because tutoring + cheaper creatures = a win.
Whew! Well I gave you a lot to think about, there. feel free to ask questions about anything I've suggested; I'd be happy to give you examples from games I've played, etc. Good luck, and happy deck-teching!
1 day ago
4 days ago
First of all, your deck is hard to read due to cards appearing in multiple categories. If you want to do this create a separate category named "Deck" where you simply put your entire deck. When you write the description make sure to include your gameplan and the problematic decks you are trying to beat.
For value Nissa, Vital Force, Courser of Kruphix, Bane of Progress, Beast Within, Decimate, Green Sun's Zenith, Panharmonicon, Evolutionary Leap, Asceticism, Xenagos, the Reveler, Xenagos, God of Revels, Birthing Pod, Acidic Slime, Swiftfoot Boots, Skullclamp, Strip Mine, Wasteland, Mosswort Bridge
Cuts, my suggestions would be Amulet of Vigor, Rakka MarBUt my best suggestion would be to just play, see what works and what doesn't and adjust accordingly.
1 week ago
Genesis is a recur engine stuck onto a creature. Depending on whether or not you stick to the all creatures idea, Birthing Pod is a ludicrous tutor engine. Speaking of, I think mostly creatures would be better than all, so you can get some tutors and such of the non creature variety, like Diabolic Tutor, Worldly Tutor, and maybe Demonic Tutor if you can get one. Also things like Sol Ring and Chromatic Lantern help you get ahead in mana and/or assure you have all your colours. Still, I kind of like the gimmick of creatures, these are more of a push to a less gimmicky version of the deck.
2 weeks ago
I like it, and hope to put together a Sliver EDH deck in the near future. The bulk of your cost here is caught up in your mana base, which you could fudge a little to get the cost down. But hey, its fun to dream (and while we're dreaming, why no Gaea's Cradle?).
I see you have library manipulation cards Sylvan Library, Mirri's Guile, and Sensei's Divining Top (but no Soothsaying...). I like them here, and I think they do ok, but you might want more straight draw as opposed to looking and putting back. I think you want to be a bit more aggressive with slivers. Rhystic Study is great, and other good options would be Dictate of Kruphix, Howling Mine, and Phyrexian Arena, and maybe even Greed.
Along with these, I think more tutoring would help, too. Demonic Tutor, Diabolic Tutor, and Diabolic Intent to go along with Vampiric Tutor. The tutors are nice, too, and plentiful as we discussed in other threads, but Worldly Tutor would be good for getting to Gemhide Sliver and Manaweft Sliver early on. Natural Order as well, but to a lesser extent, as the sacrifice requires a green creature. Survival of the Fittest would be a judgment call, but worth a playtest. Defense of the Heart might be the best one for this deck, as you can then tutor for the Legendary slivers right away.
Anyways, those aren't changes that I think have to be made, just some other options to consider in a different build.
I like what you've got here!
2 weeks ago
Just so you are aware, Prophet of Kruphix is banned. As for other blinky cards you could run things like Eerie Interlude, Ghostly Flicker, and Ghostway. And if you want to be that guy you could always run the Food Chain combo. It works better with Tazri than any other commander and is very powerful. Other recommendations would be Worldly Tutor, Wild Pair, Diabolic Tutor and Descendants' Path to help get stuff for free and get what you need.
2 weeks ago
I don't know if you can get one or not, but as for lands, a Gaea's Cradle should definitely have a home in this deck, especially since you've got opportunities to abuse Palinchron and Great Whale with Sakashima the Impostor.
You've got some nice cards that take advantage of creatures being the top card of your library, so some library manipulation would be good. I think you might benefit from Sylvan Library, Mirri's Guile, and Soothsaying.
Anger might work better for you than Concordant Crossroads, but either way, to make room for it, I think I'd cut Hardened Scales. Yeah, you've got some creatures that do some nice things with counters, but I'm not sure its going to do that much more for you.
I really like cards like Lurking Predators, and other options like it are Call of the Wild, Zoologist, and to a lesser extent, Game Preserve. If you really wanted to stomp some heads, you'd use the Gaea's Cradle to activate Soothsaying's second ability, get some fatties on the top of your library, and then start bouncing your Palinchron to untap the Cradle to pay for Call of the Wild's ability, and pretty soon, you'll be drawing out the fatties in your library and really messing stuff up.
Cuts: Woodland Bellower - it seems and expensive critter to tutor for a mana-dork or Man-o'-War or something like that. Draining Whelk - not sure it fits well here. I can see how it could be useful, but if there are other options more useful for what you want the deck to do, it could be cut. Maybe that's the spot for Deadeye Navigator. Decimator of the Provinces - I like him, but I'm not sure he's necessary.
These are just my thoughts, so take them for what they are worth there. Remember, I'm recently back into Magic, so I'm relearning a lot, and there's a lot I still don't know about that I missed out on.
One more thing I'll add; with here, you've got access to the best creature tutors available: Worldly Tutor, Natural Order, Defense of the Heart, Survival of the Fittest, Pattern of Rebirth, etc. If you can find some slots to fit tutors into, it can really help to speed you up if you find the deck needing it.
I really like the build here. If I had access to all those sweet Eldrazi, I'd consider it. +1, and let me know how this plays out for you.
I hope all this helped!