|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a creature card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the revealed card back on top of it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||salthegato , BillyBalverine , Reliva , damo_rox , electrolynx , Suns_Champion , NCN946 , Dimarx , teslacoil7992 , 7vennum7 , Laertesss , L4DMalus , theilluminaire , darthnuchi|
|Want (40)||Birchie84 , Gypsyhatten , mcslicks , Talonisnthavingit , Drizztleo , MTGhostCouncil , Chaere , CryAll , nocipher , chapohokage , killzoid23 , Emries , BorderlineEvil , Loading_Error , EcSamuel , rakdos24 , Georgez96 , king0fclubs , ray3003 , puppixx , jtwood , IsaacGreenseed , VampireArm , yuchunchang , CptnFab , CHAREDot9 , jdwork , affort , Seafoo , Magus_of_the_Brothels , finfan96 , ImmortalCancer , SamielTheDemon , Cunningcrow , MirrorMountain , jirrrrbs , Jcheese27 , SuperSoldier240 , icebeing , NightLight5454|
Worldly Tutor Discussion
16 hours ago
4 days ago
googling it wont help.
4 days ago
Tutors you desperately need tutors and you have to the best two with black, Demonic Tutor which us very affordable now with the UMA reprint and Vampiric Tutor , also Diabolic Intent is perfect for this deck. Not to mention Worldly Tutor or Natural Order to find the specific creatures you need I would also suggest removing creatures like Lotleth Giant or Hatchery Spider, they're mana cost is way too high and their etbs are mediocre. Also you're running Jarad and he combos excellently with Lord of Extinction to continually throw at all your opponents, and can be reanimated over and over.
Now reanimation comes easy, so I would suggest subbing Meren of Clan Nel Toth , and ramp this damn deck needs ramp. Llanowar Elves , Fyndhorn Elves , Birds of Paradise , also take the Elves of Deep Shadow and Golgari Signet from your Golgari guild kit and throw them in there. Abrupt Decay is also a must as it has versatility like Assassin's Trophy but is uncounterable. Not to mention the Bane of Progress is a fantastic enchantment/artifact board wipe.
Speaking of board wipes, you need some in EDH so I would recommend either Toxic Deluge a sweeper which is more affordable or Damnation . Toxic Deluge is faster than Damnation however and gets around indestructible, run both for most optimal removal.
Cut down your creatures from 39 to 35 and I would suggest some infinite win-cons. Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Triskelion fit very well in a reanimation shell (basically Mike gives Trike undying to which he can infinitely throw damage at your opponents and sac himself to reset undying and do it all over again) or even the good old Necrotic Ooze combo, which is Necrotic Ooze+ Phyrexian Devourer + Triskelion which you can set up with buried alive. Get Necrotic ooze, gets both the activated abilities of Trike and Devourer hit your opponent with 1/1 counters based on the cmc of the cards your exiling from the top of your deck. Also get Protean Hulk, the creature is busted and can fetch wincons 6 cmc or less.
Card draw is also vital, I would suggest Sylvan Library or Fecundity as one is the best card for drawing in green the other is great for graveyard strategies but it does fuel your opponent as well, so play it wisely.
Any ideas look at my meren deck, it's runs many of the same ideas with more detailed descriptions on win cons etc. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/merenating-dat-sauce/
6 days ago
Thank you very much, Hyena34!
You are very right about responses, this deck does not feature any direct responses besides the controlling element of it - it is, however, not a duel commander deck, and is mostly played in multiplayer.
Volrath's Stronghold should certainly be in the deck, how could I've missed it, thanks! I'm not a big fan of Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth or Prismatic Omen though; I don't think, they'll help in this deck. Dust Bowl on the other hand might be worth a shot.
When it comes to tutoring, I've only included Vampiric Tutor but I'm thinking of using Imperial Seal as well. Besides that, many cards tutor for specific land cards as well. I'm not sure either Mystical Tutor or Worldly Tutor would do this deck any good.
Thank you so much for the suggestions and comments, rock on!
2 weeks ago
Worldly Tutor, Green Sun's Zenith, Ponder, Brainstorm, Preordain, Impulse, etc. all work for filtering/tutoring, but other options like Opt, Peer Through Depths, Uncage the Menagerie, Mystical Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, Summoner's Pact, Sylvan Tutor, Recruiter of the Guard, Fierce Empath, Woodland Bellower, and Spellseeker are more specific options that can work too.
2 weeks ago
Seeing as the plan of the deck seems to be: Play commander; win, I would suggest preventing opponent interaction. City of Solitude stops all interaction on your turn and can be easily chained into your commander or cast on the same turn. Hall of Gemstone has a similar effect but requires you to have a mana dork or rock that can produce ideally.
Yisan, the Wanderer Bard plays a very similar game with the some of the same cards. Look at some of the competitive Yisan decks for inclusions in his chains to go infinite and win. You already have some similar cards like Scrib Ranger and Quirion Ranger so including the few others like Wirewood Symbiote and Temur Sabertooth wouldn't hurt the deck all that much and still synergize. Also a favourite for both of those decks is Instill Energy for 1 mana haste and a free untap each turn.
If you want this deck to be more competitive I suggest adding ways to accumulate mana faster starting turn 1-2: Carpet of Flowers, Burgeoning, Exploration, Priest of Titania, and Gaea's Touch all satisfy that.
You also have no plan B. If your opponent casts Nevermore, Pithing Needle, Torpor Orb, Phyrexian Revoker on Primespeaker and you don't have an answer you're a sitting duck. Birthing Pod should be included for consistency as well as some ways of tutoring out answers: Worldly Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Spellseeker, Chord of Calling, etc.
2 weeks ago
Seedborn Muse pretty ridiculous in this shell. Myriad Landscape helps thin deck. May be overkill but if Azusa gets hated on you could use Exploration, Burgeoning or Wayward Swordtooth to help get extra lands.
Worldly Tutor or Chord of Calling could find your Ramunap Excavator and you could use more utility lands to abuse Azusa further, like activating and sacking and replaying to repeat multiple times. Field of Ruin, Wasteland, Tectonic Edge, Buried Ruin, Scavenger Grounds for example. Treat lands like extra spell spots. You can easily replace like 10 Forest with utility lands. And of course lands like Temple of the False God, Slippery Karst. Evolving Wilds and Ash Barrens over the Fetch lands.
Looks pretty meaty. +1
3 weeks ago
@Osbert Thank You very much for Your deep study on my deck. Here are my anwsers:
- I've been using Crystal Shard, Erratic Portal some time ago and I wasn't happy with that. Just imagine that You cascade in one of these instead of some big nasty creature - impact on the board is too small. I don't need cut cost of casting Commander thanks to many ramp cards, also if Maelstrom Wanderer is still on the board then it's time to cast creatures from hand, they will have haste so impact is good enough (in other circumstances creature cards left at hand would be dead cards because most of time You cast Commander only).
- About making top deck stronger there are two things that prevent me from putting cards You listed (well, there is third reason - I don't have most of these:) ). First is that I really like randomness of cascades (it's still limited by card selection). Second is just the same like with bouncing cards - cascading into them will make one cast of commander weaker. Still there is Sensei's Divining Top for top decking, which is also a lifesaver when You need next land drop and I won't cut it out.
- I run Lurking Predators only - because that card doesn't need mana to activate (most of times Commander eat almost all of mana) and it's working just fine without any help. Sometimes it's better to leave land on top deck (if more mana is needed for next cast from command zone), sometimes You are already overextended and expect wrath effect spell from others.
- Well Oath of Druids is tempting because it could make early game more than just ramping. Still these creatures won't have haste (and my ETB effects won't change much) and opponents can also use Oath's effect to put creatures from their decks making more blockers, ramp or even combo. I need to see that card in action because now I can't predict if it will make advantage or disadvantage.
- There isn't too much standard spot removal besides of Beast Within (already is in deck) and Pongify which is very cheap (only one blue mana). Also there are some kind of removals: Inferno Titan, Phyrexian Ingester, Terastodon, Tyrant's Familiar, Primal Command, Warstorm Surge (plus creatures entering board). If that's not enough AOE cards will try to compensate. I will keep in mind Krosan Grip and Reality Shift (didn't know second card, it's really nice when facing indestructible creatures)). But Wave of Vitriol can hit me also and probably will wait long on hand. Song of the Dryads still can be removed and threat would return.
- From these Mystic Confluence and Cryptic Command most valuable are abilities that make Commander and creatures more evasive (this deck doesn't need more card draw) and of course occasional counterspelling. But, so far, evasion from creatures, lands and some spot or AOE removals were just enough to deal damage (especially overloaded Cyclonic Rift).
- Already got Mystical Tutor in this deck. And yes - it's great. It can go for Tooth and Nail or Cyclonic Rift, even when facing mana screw I sometimes use it for ramp spell. Worldly Tutor could make more control over deck (or top decking) but still I prefer to cast Commander than casting single creature and like that randomness.
- About strange cards in my deck: Burnished Hart well I could change it for something better - can You give me some ideas (especially cards that put 2 lands)? Ixidron - You don't have to cast card that fit cascade requirements (they can go to the bottom of library) so it won't hurt controlled creatures, also Commander comes into play AFTER cascades resolve (he is on the stack until then) so it will never hurt him. This card can hit very hard other commanders as they won't go to command zone. It's weakness is that it won't affect tokens but I take that risk. Curse of the Swine has exile effect (which is quite rare in RUG) and it can be single or multi target I keep it for that versality (even if it does not have synergy with Commander). Knowledge Exploitation is for 7 mana so it can be cascaded for free, also I have enough mana to cast it from hand. Best case scenario is when it hits with first cascade, then You can go for some funny card from opponent deck (some kind of wrath effect) and then cast creature from second cascade - it will result in clear board and then Maelstrom Wanderer and that other creature will come.