|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Archetype of Endurance
Enchantment Creature — Boar
Creatures you control have hexproof.
Creatures your opponents control lose hexproof and can't have or gain hexproof.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||Hootiequack , thekingpinBR , ironax , angesoir , MattN7498 , TThors , meowCat1234 , mycheze , bpiser95 , itheoryz , webdokkeren , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , Xz0mb13x91 , PTsmitty , bakeraj4 , Hakira|
|Want (36)||GTarrant , Henryen , mhmaurer , notsaying , Moonling , samuelianstorm , EnderA , thefinalstair , wkemmerly , Zanbar , VampSlayer , BringerOfStorms , PopeJonIII , ColdFire , OcelotProblems , vynnr , Talonisnthavingit , Hakira , Filie , ostiarius , Aenderan , docbrown , Loading_Error , Feanoriel , Blindoromo , InertSteak , dauid , DeifiedExile , kowagaru , Taenarius , relyks16 , todashpaladin19 , AlphaTDog , ThePander , mango_channel , brokendwarf|
Archetype of Endurance Discussion
3 days ago
I hear ya; Animar can be tough to hit and actually stick to the 'field. When I first built it I was ruined by mass creature destruction again and again (Day of Judgment, etc), Counterspells are always a problem, and red/blue have enough burn/bounce/steal to ruin your day
Here's a pile of ideas. Venser, Shaper Savant, Mystic Snake, Draining Whelk, Heroic Intervention, Elgaud Shieldmate, Archetype of Endurance, Asceticism, Glen Elendra Archmage, Stratus Dancer, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Cavern of Souls, Gaea's Herald, Prowling Serpopard, Tajuru Preserver, Soul of New Phyrexia, Temur Sabertooth, Deadeye Navigator, Cyclonic Rift, and of course your own Counterspell package ;D
5 days ago
2 weeks ago
Hello! I also bought "Adaptive Enchantment" and I'm thinking about some changes now. What do you think about adding Shielded by Faith to protect your commander? Other ideas: Mesa Enchantress for additional card draw, Archetype of Courage and Archetype of Endurance (I like their abilities), Thassa, God of the Sea to make your commander unblockable, Cyclonic Rift to remove threats.
1 month ago
don't think you can have Archetype of Endurance, not the right color
1 month ago
Hi! I'm personally a huge fan of Muldrotha as a commander; so first of all, nice choice! Here are some cuts and additions I'd recommend:
- Archetype of Endurance. This card is very powerful to be sure, but Muldrotha already needs a lot of mana to function, and you don't have very many ways to cheat it into play.
- Butcher of Malakir. Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos are more expensive money-wise, but being cheaper on mana and also more resilient makes them much, much better.
- Deranged Assistant. It looks good at first glance, but it's a 2-mana dork, and you're not playing any of the 1-mana dorks anyways. The single-card mill is a very minor upside.
- Millikin. Same as above.
- Nyx Weaver. It can be very good, but it's just too slow. There are much better ways to mill yourself, and a 6-mana Regrowth is way too much mana.
- Progenitor Mimic. A powerful card to be sure, but this isn't the deck for it.
- Slum Reaper. I think this card is only really worth running in decks that badly need the 3rd Fleshbag Marauder. Shriekmaw is almost always going to be better.
- Aether Spellbomb. Looping it can be fun, but bouncing a creature is a terrible waste, and there are better ways to draw cards with artifacts.
- Perpetual Timepiece. This card was good on Game Knights when they were only using Standard cards, but we have better options.
- Plague Boiler. This card is also cool, but once again, we have better choices.
- Demonic Vigor. Fun with Muldrotha, but there is usually so much exile-based removal in Commander that this card isn't as good as you think.
- Hesitation. Sweet include, but looks a little too cute. Very easy to play around, and also counters your spells.
- Skeletal Grimace. Same as Demonic Vigor.
- Thrull Retainer. Same.
- Grave Pact / Dictate of Erebos
- Living Death
- Dimir Signet
- Siren Stormtamer
- Farhaven Elf
- Wood Elves
- Evolutionary Leap
- Altar of Dementia
- Ashnod's Altar
- Pelakka Wurm
- Kiora, the Crashing Wave
- Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder
- Glen Elendra Archmage (pricey, but very powerful)
- Nihil Spellbomb (secretly fantastic here)
- Sultai Charm
- Phyrexian Arena
Hope this helps! Feel free to leave a comment on my profile if you'd like further suggestions for this or any other deck! Good luck!
1 month ago
Based off of that, what do you think bud?
1 month ago
Im just gonna rapid fire suggestions at ya, as green is kinda my thing, ill let you pick and choose from the ideas you like! Terastodon Archetype of Endurance Tooth and Nail Chord of Calling Gruul Ragebeast Xenagos, God of Revels Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma Vizier of the Menagerie Shaman of Forgotten Ways and last, but not least Somberwald Sage There are plenty others that I could, but im sure you're already tired of me being here ;) good luck and happy brewing! i'll always be here if you need anything dont hesitate to @me
2 months ago
I think you need more land. 36 is really the minimum for consistent play unless you commander is giving you access to land, in my opinion.
If you really want to fort up, Idyllic Tutor and/or Plea for Guidance to tutor up a Privileged Position+Sterling Grove nonbo, also consider Sphere of Safety, Fountain Watch, Archetype of Endurance, Umbra Mystic.
Starfield of Nyx could be a wincon once your fort was secure.
Best of luck!!