|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Alara Reborn (ARB)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Trace of Abundance
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted land has shroud. (It can't be the target of spells or abilities.)
Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds one mana of any color to his or her mana pool (in addition to the mana the land produces).
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Trace of Abundance Discussion
4 weeks ago
My other thoughts are that you might want more haste effects to let Gishath and others drop and swing the same turn, and that you might want to add more card draw or card advantage in case Gishath gets imprisoned somehow.
Also a possibility are damage-dealing board wipes, which would trigger enrage and possibly not even clear all your own creatures.
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Lightning Greaves
- Heirloom Blade - cheap and can provide card advantage; there are admittedly better options at higher budgets
- Blasphemous Act
- Wave of Reckoning
- Boros Charm
- Heroic Intervention - keep those dinos alive
- Pounce and other "Fights target creature" cards (I see you already have Savage Stomp which is probably the best for your deck)
- Kindred Summons - Drop it after a Regisaur Alpha to close out the game
- Rishkar's Expertise and similar draw spells (many in the Selvala list you played with the other day: Selvala, Omnipotent)
- Verdant Sun's Avatar - mana intensive for what it brings
- Burning Sun's Avatar - no flicker package here, so the value isn't great
- Gruul Charm - mildly useful but fairly situational
- Trace of Abundance I agree you need ramp, but this one doesn't really help with fixing, which you will want in a 3 color deck.
- Raging Regisaur doesn't look like it'll bring enough value in this format
3 months ago
Trace of Abundance from Alara Reborn is a solid ramp card that provides colour fixing. It also protects your enhanced land from targeted removal.
I am not sure you are running enough man rocks to justify Armageddon, particularly since you have two cards (Garruk and Fertile Ground) that rely on your lands to produce ramp. It's a great card, I'm just not certain the deck has the support for it right now.
I think you can probably stand to cut a few planeswalkers. With the exception of Garruk Wildspeaker (ramp) and Chandra, Torch of Defiance (ramp, but not as helpful since she can't hit multiple colours), they don't add much to your deck and can't be cheated into play with Mayael.
3 months ago
Most decks run 4 copies of one card because it increases the odds of finding it as you draw. Occasionally you might run 1 or 2 copies of a card, but that is for a card you don't want to see that often. You have also don't have enough ramp, since you have restricted yourself to recent sets when you are building for modern. This is a budget deck, so I'd suggest Fertile Ground or Trace of Abundance as additional ramp, rather than the classic Utopia Sprawl.
Even with additional ramp and the Eldrazi Scions your deck is top heavy, what I mean by this is that too many of your spells are or over. To help you build a better deck going forward I cloned your deck and modified it, have a look Eldrazi MK2 copy. The biggest change is I trimmed your expensive spells and brought in a card like Undying Evil to replace Unnatural Endurance since it is an easy upgrade, even if it isn't Devoid. I also upped the count of Transgress the Mind and added Titan's Presence as a more efficient removal spell.
I hope this helps and have fun brewing!
3 months ago
I could point you in the direction of a deck list, but building this kind of deck is so much fun just because you can just jam anything you want and figuring what to run is such a nice puzzle to piece out. Some things to keep in mind:
- A lot of multicolored spells are a must. Charms help. Even if they're not amazing, something that's 5 colors is likely worth playing.
- Get creative with your ramp. You need options to accelerate things since you're likely going to end up with an average CMC of a little below 4 if you build things properly. Think Trace of Abundance and Bloom Tender.
- Prioritize ways of churning through your deck above overloading it with bombs. The deck wants ramp, utility, recursion, bombs, and some interaction. You want to be able to find stuff rather than to draw into things.
- Pay for your mana base. You're playing tons of colors and you want to be able to cast stuff. It sucks, but you're going to want shocks and rainbow lands.
3 months ago
Random passerby, but:
4 months ago
Trace of Abundance is nice otherwise, but since i have such of a strong landfall theme, Embodiment of Spring is a better choice in my opinion, but i should do some testing with Mwonvuli Acid-Moss, since it looks pretty sweet and evil. thanks for the help!
4 months ago
Dinosaurs are on a pretty rough curve, so you should consider adding some ramp. There are three basic ways to ramp--you can tutor lands, you can make your lands more efficient, or you can choose cards that ramp you quickly for one turn. Your deck is looking for a long-term investment in ramp, so you will want to use the first two options.
All the above are fairly solid methods of ramping on a budget.
I would consider cutting Akroma's Vengeance and Star of Extinction. Wraths are nice, particularly given how high your curve is. But 6 mana is far too much. Consider instead Blasphemous Act. While it has a high initial mana cost, you will not really want to use this unless you are being swarmed with opposing creatures. Unlike the more traditional Wrath of God, Blasphmeous Act deals damage, which will activate any enrage triggers you have.
Otherwise, to make more room, consider cutting Colossal Dreadmaw and other high-costed dinosaurs that do little for your deck. Many of these cards seem powerful, but a powerful card that sits in your hand is vastly less useful than a low-costed card furthering your victory.
Also, just a little formatting tip, you do not use the entire deck URL for linking--you only use the part I have bolded below. You will need to put double brackets around the command.
Commander / EDH*
1 COMMENT | 162 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER