|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Blessed vs Cursed||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Harvester of Souls
Creature — Demon
Whenever another nontoken creature dies, you may draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||Riders_of_Brohan , EdenGardenz , bradyofportdetroit , Ashy , rockleemyhero , Nemesis , pskinn01 , Tiddilywinkus , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , gildan_bladeborn , mazrimtaim|
Harvester of Souls Discussion
12 hours ago
Cool, I've wondered about a Meren of Clan Nel Toth list!
It's a different approach, but there might, might be some more ideas in my Prossh decklist.
17 hours ago
I equip Harvester of Souls with a Grappling Hook. I attack and then my Harvester is blocked by a vanilla whatever. The creature dies to deathtouch during the Harvester's first strike phase. Does the Harvester then do 5 damage to the vanilla creature's controller during the combat phase as there is now no longer a creature to block the Harvester?
5 days ago
1 week ago
robgould339, I think it entirely depends on your gameplan. If you're going for a more competitive deck, reanimator is the more powerful archetype. The deck doesn't really need deathtouch creatures to operate though, so it might be easier to start from scratch. By contrast, the deathtouch plan is weaker, but it is much more likely to thrive in a casual environment and will probably cost much less to build. As mentioned, I don't even think graveyard recursion is necessary in such a deck. I'd rather rely on card draw to keep fuel in the engine. Harvester of Souls, Harmonize, Shamanic Revelation, Phyrexian Arena- that sort of thing. Combining the strategies isn't awful, I just don't think it's altogether that necessary.
I'd probably stick to the deathtouch gameplan if I was building the deck since thematic homebrews are more my style. I'd probably run all the small guys, seeing as you only need 1 damage for deathtouch to work. Typhoid Rats, Ambush Viper, Deathmist Raptor, Vampire Nighthawk. Having a few beaters on the high end certainly doesn't hurt. Wurmcoil Engine was one really strong option that slipped my mind. Then, I'd just want ways to exploit deathtouch. Pathway Arrows + Glissa, the Traitor, Lure, Irresistible Prey + Agent of the Fates- anything in that ballpark.
2 weeks ago
I'm in the process of revamping my Ayli deck into a tribal deck and your decklist gives me some great ideas so thank you for that. Welcome back to magic :) Some feedback for you:
I think instead of categories named "ramp" and "mana rocks", they should be "ramp" and "draw". This will give you a better idea of how many draw spells you actually have, which (in my opinion) you don't have enough for such a low mana curve. And on the ramp side of things, I'd stick in 2-3 more.
More commander protection.
Considerations for adds
- Westvale Abbey Flip - Good alternative win-con and an okay token generator if you have nothing else to do
- Wrath of God / Fumigate / etc - OG wrath, and a great on-theme wrath. I'd recommend more than just the one you have but it depends on playgroup. Also casting this after you get the Battalion trigger from Frontline Medic makes me foam at the mouth
- Suture Priest - second cousin of the soul sisters
- Pious Evangel Flip - third cousin,twice removed in-law of the soul sisters
- Sun Titan - Double recursion, and you have so many targets with your curve
- Dawn of the Dead - What's nice about this recursion option is you aren't forced to exile the creature if it'd somehow leave the battlefield through other means cough Ayli cough
- Knight of the White Orchid - ramp
- Wayfarer's Bauble - ramp
- Sword of the Animist - ramp. You'll most likely sac the creature away before combat resolves anyway.
- Pristine Talisman - ramp, lifegain. Best of the bunch of 3 CMCs for this deck. Possibly 1-2 additional 3/4 CMC* rocks.
- Oath of Lieges - ramp
- Swiftfoot Boots - protection
- Gift of Immortality - protection. I love comboing with this and a high toughness creature although it can also be used for Ayli
- Darksteel Plate - protection
- Trading Post - great utility for this deck
- Heliod, God of the Sun - Not the best God out there but very thematic for the deck
- Viridian Longbow - turns Ayli into a sniper with her Deathtouch
- Illusionist's Bracers - double up Ayli's abilities
- Custodi Soulbinders - big boy in multiplayer
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed - if you have a lot of non-humans this could go a long way
- Archangel of Thune / Cliffhaven Vampire / Vizkopa Guildmage - weaponize that lifegain
- Pontiff of Blight - I see him in your sideboard--I think his ability is great for this deck and he's got a big butt
- Phyrexian Processor - with enough lifegain you could make X pretty large. Combos great with Children of Korlis
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel - this guy can damn near win the game for you if you can recur him enough times
- Tree of Perdition - somewhat gimmicky but you can see its potential with Ayli
- Any of the three Elspeth Planeswalkers are solid in this deck.
- draw - I'm struggling with this myself. Ambition's Cost, Greed, Necropotence, Jar of Eyeballs, Dark Prophecy, Mind's Eye, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Promise of Power
Considerations for removal
- Exorcist - I'm not a fan because it's only black, that's too restrictive
- Orzhov Signet - *my issue with the signet is that it's CMC is 2 which conflicts with Ayli. I'd rather get slightly more value out of a 3 CMC the turn after
- Orzhov Pontiff - Ability seems minimal at best but maybe i have tunnel vision
- Hidden Stockpile - Maybe switch to Bitterblossom if price isn't a concern. Or, if you add some of the other token generators maybe this one won't be needed anyway
- Martyr of Sands - Not nearly enough card draw to get a huge benefit out of this
3 weeks ago
Whip of Erebos also seems like it would fit in quite well into this deck.
3 weeks ago
First I would like to welcome you on T/O!
Perhaps you have seen it already; this place is a great community where great decks and ideas come to life. If you ever need help with any deck, then there are usually several people willing to help you. Just ask :)
While I am here, let me give you a few suggestions for your deck. Although it seems you are pretty well geared already:
If you would like to see other EDH decks, you can always check the ones I play which are present on my profile page. I like to play with this deck the most of the time. An upvote is always appreciated :)
Have fun on T/O!